How Big's your Backlog

Maybe about 50 or so. I have a shit load of Xbox games. I am a lot more pick this generation though..

I have about 4 games in my backlog...there's just sooo much to do...

I have Unreal I and II, Neverwinter Nights and expansion, Fear, PGR 3 (bleh) and probably some other game I will uncover and QQ more at.

What stops you guys from playing your games?

If I don't count PSN/VC purchases that I haven't beaten, my backlog is currently 5, though if you broke it down into individual games (WC3 battlechest + Orange Box) it would go up to 8. Playing 2 currently as well.

[quote name='SuxoR']
What stops you guys from playing your games?[/QUOTE]

My backlog is tiny as noted, but what stops me from gaming more is:

1. Other hobbies take precedent as my interest in gaming has dwindled some in recent years. Still enjoy gaming, but not as much as exercise, movies, music, beer, sports etc. so I less willing to set aside time to game than in the past when it was higher up my hobby list.

2. Working pretty long hours, which leaves less free time for all hobbies, especially after running errands etc. is factored in.

[quote name='Hostile']For games I really want to get to but just don't... probably around 10-20.[/QUOTE]

Same here, I tend to focus on a couple at a time and in the meanwhile I'll pick up another game or two to add to it.

I believe I have 3 games I haven't bought but haven't started playing yet plus several that I've only played a little bit of. So, probably 10 or so games that I really want to play that I haven't put any real time into.

I can probably say about 300 or so. I work all the time so i don't get to sit down and play my games. It's sort of my retirement plan. lol

15 - 20 here. I'm just never in the mood to play the shit I have and always looking to buy the next thing... I usually end up trading in multiple games for a newer one thus the small backlog. Lot of stuff in my backlog were pretty much impulse buys.

I think it depends on what you consider a backlog. I have a number of games that I havent played, but I also have a number of games that Ive started playing but got shelved after something else I wanted to play more or just got tired of sitting there.

But back to trying to make you feel better and anyone else with huge lists here (although if your in the 100+ club, as strange as it is to say it here, YOU NEED TO PLAY MORE GAMES). I see my game library like my book library, as in Ill buy it if I have interest and its cheap enough. That doesnt mean Ill get to it right away, but it makes my collection more robust and I know ill eventually get to it. A good example is Great expectations I got years ago, and just recently started reading and finished. Same thing happens with games, at least for me.

Let's see... I currently have 19 console and handheld games in my backlog (for PC, there's only a few). My Backloggery says 50, but that includes games I've played and never beaten, for whatever reason.

I have about 90 if I just counted correctly. Not counting DS or games I want to download. But every time I think i'm making some progress I buy more crap... :( Plus working 47+ hours a week the last two months and school starting this week... It's going to be rough. There is a link to my backlog in my signature.

i have 2 games. god of war 2 and ssx 3. the rest ive finished and sold. i dont keep a game library, i just ebay them.

I haven't counted. But it's a lot. A whole lot. I've been slowly adding all the titles in my personal collection into my CAG profile. I freaking LOVE that feature on CAG. Such a convenient way to keep track of my game collection.

I collect games, and am more than willing to purchase a game without budgeting any time to actually play it. Occasionally I feel guilty about this, because it means that the game isn't being played. If some one else had purchased it, they might have actually had the time to play it. At the same time, I buy some pretty old-ass games, and I am pretty lenient when it comes to lending my games out for my friends to play.

If I had to put one game on my to-play list, it would probably be Odin-Sphere. I started playing it a month or two back, and managed to get four or five hours in. I was pleasantly surprised. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the gameplay as much as I did. The earlier stages were a bit of a cake walk, but it ramped up in difficulty fairly quickly. The graphics in that game are jaw-droppingly pretty, some of the best sprite painting I've ever seen.

Ah what difference a cleansing makes. I'm down to a big fat zero.
I decided that I did not need any dang more games, going to save up a bit for some hardware. Unless something hot comes out.
cagus.smile.jpg

I wont list all the unfinnished games or games that I bought on the cheap and will never play.

I have at least:

50 xbox games that i really want to play through
12 Xbox 360 games
20 to 35 dreamcast games
10 psp
4 Wii
15 GameCube

I really have no need to every buy anouther Ga......Oh look a great deal on a new game

316 according to my backloggery... but to be fair that number includes games that I have played and decided I would probably never touch again but keep around for the heck of it (like Unlimited Saga) and also games that I've deemed unbeatable (like Shinobi for the PS2).

But even removing all of the stuff that I never plan on beating I think I might still have 250+... and a bunch of that is RPGs which I have less and less time to play now that I'm older and don't have as much time to commit to gaming. So, ya I have a feeling that number isn't going down any time soon unless I decide to sell off a bunch of my games.

I’ve at least started to play a bit of every game I own, so my backlog consists of games that I haven’t beaten yet. I have 122 games with 21 games that I haven’t beaten yet:

Wii: 1
GameCube: 7
DS: 3
NES: 1
PS1: 2
PS2: 5
Dreamcast: 1
Genesis: 1 (this is a game I've had since I was a kid and I still haven't beaten it yet)

But like someone else here said, I'm also a collector so I'm satisfied just owning the games for now. I'll get to them eventually, no rush.

Crap I've got only like 15 games that havent been beaten across 5 systems, and here I am reading backlogs of 50-300 that's nuts! But atleast it means I can buy more without feeling bad :p

[quote name='Watcht']Crap I've got only like 15 games that havent been beaten across 5 systems, and here I am reading backlogs of 50-300 that's nuts! But atleast it means I can buy more without feeling bad :p[/QUOTE]
I Remember thinking that when I first joined CAG. "Oh I'll just buy some games here and there NO BIG DEAL!" Started out with a backlog of about five games, by the end of the year it skyrocketed to somewhere over 50 and now it's approaching 400. I Call this website a blessing and a curse.

Cross-platforms, I have 15 games right now waiting to be played. And I would be playing them if it wasn't for cursed school and work.

PS2:
Ratchet 1
Ratchet 2
Ratchet 3
Jak 3

PS3:
DMC 4 (didn't like)
RSV2 (didn't like)
Lair (didn't like)
Orange Box (beat Portal and am pretty far in HL2)
Blazing Angels (didn't like)
Lost Planet (haven't even tried it yet)
Oblivion (finished the main storyline but want to complete Shivering Isles and the other expac)
Ratchet:Crack in Time (purchased very recently, and have been working on Uncharted 2, MW2, and Eat Lead trophies)

Just bought LBP, Infamous, Killzone 2, and RE5 on black friday and haven't had access to PS3 since they've shipped, so wouldn't call them backlog

Have about 19 games now waiting to be played. I have given myself the deadline of the new year to have them all finished. I don't think I'll make it.

My backlog is horrendous. Off the top of my head, I need to play DA:O, MW2, AC2, Mass Effect, Batman Arkham Asylum, Left 4 Dead 2, KOTOR, KOTOR2, Fallout 3, GTA4 both DLC, Mario and Luigi: Bowser's inside story, GTA: Chinatown wars, Phantasy Star 0, BioShock and the list goes on and on.

Why are there so many good, games and so little time? why, WHY!?!!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?

About 30 or so. My little free time recently has gone to MW2 and was making little progress this semester anyway so its just getting bigger.

I've been marathon gaming over the last few months and have cut my backlog down to just one: Fallout 3. While I have no illusion that this one will get done quickly, at least I don't feel like I need to rush through it to make room for new stuff.

I've got backlog like crazy... It happens cause its taking me too long to finish games... I just don't have the time, or some times the will to finish these games... what should I do?

I'm up to about 10 or a little less. There are some days I'm just not interested in playing so I end up putting everything on the back burner for awhile. I think I need to cut back on my purchases haha.

It was manageable before the recent holiday sales. I think now I'm at 15 PS3 games, maybe another 5 or so PS2 games I keep telling myself I will get to. I have 3 or 4 games that I just can't bring myself to start because I know it will take me forever to get through them (GTA 4, Oblivion, Fallout 3)

Xbox 360:
Halo Wars
The Force Unleashed: Tatooine Pack
Grand Theft Auto 4
Battlefield Bad Company 2
Mass Effect 2
Half Life 2
Dragon Age
Bayonetta
Borderlands
Fallout 3
'Splosion Man
Rock Band
Red Faction
Frontlines
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Shadow Complex
Monkey Island
Assassin's Creed

-

Playing ME2 & BBC2.

[quote name='homersteve']I was counting my backlog games and I have 130. Between ps2, ps3, xbox360, xbox, gamecube, wii, not to mention my psp games which I haven't counted. I feel terrible I have these and how much a waste of money, at least if I don't ever get to play them. I have a habit of waiting for the games to go cheap then buying 4 or 5 at a time. I wonder how I compare to others. So post you number of games in your backlog and help me feel better. Thanks:lol:[/QUOTE]

You know... when you got got over 130 games you still haven't played, then you likely are never going to play them. By default, you should just wipe the slate clean!

When I had a number of systems I would buy a number of games when they became cheap or got a good price while used, but since I started selling stuff to Gamestop and on Amazon I kicked the backlog problem.

I mean, I do have one or two games at any given moment that I have to play because I'm playing one game for about a week or two for review on my blog, and I usually have one game that is sitting in dust waiting for me to play it.

I currently am going to review Metro 2033, so my fresh copy of Dragon Age: Origins and almost complete Final Fantasy XIII will be sitting on the back burner for a bit.

My backlog is about 200. A lot from last gen. Now I'm worried thatthe graphic aging will make the games unplayable for me.

I'm thinking about going through and playing the entire Splinter Cell series. I hope these games can look decent on my HDTV.

On the flip side, I used to have a huge backlog of PC games complete in original boxes. When they all became rare and OOP, I sold many of them for good $$ and coming out ahead. Planetscape Torment was one such title.

78, still haven't added 2 games for some reason...

I do plan to beat them all, but school caught up to me so I've fallen behind. I've actually made a little progress since it was 82 or so before December. Then December break came and I beat some games and lowered it now school is back.

Right now its a 1:1. I beat one game, and buy another. DAMN IT CAG!

My backlog:

DS:
Final Fantasy III (literally at the final dungeon)
Final Fantasy IV (ditto)
Blue Dragon Plus (still sealed)
Luminous Arc 1 (at the beginning)
Luminous Arc 2
Infinite Space (still sealed)
Rondo of Swords (currently playing)

PS1:
Tales of Destiny 2 (at the beginning)
Final Fantasy Tactics
Dragon Quest VII (at Dharma Temple just grinding for now)

PS2:
Mana Khemia 2 (still on first playthrough - Ulrika route)
Final Fantasy XII (still sealed)
Dual Hearts

Last edited by a moderator:
My backlog makes me upset because there isn't enough time to play em all

Currently playing FF13 and Just Cause 2
BFBC2
Mass effect 2 (beat it once but want to play it again with all of the new DLC)
MLB the Show 10
DA: Awakenings
AC2
RE5 (beat it once but want to play it again with all of the new DLC)
Bayonetta
GOW3

I got every game in a sale of some sort and just cant pass up a deal. I made a change in my lifestyle (have been doing the P90x) and it really cuts down my available time to play after work,exercise, housework, wife and kids

bread's done
Back