GS: Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (Xbox) in stock

Correct, several insiders have all but confirmed that this game will be arriving on both PSN and XBL in time for EVO 2009 this summer. Since the game will likely be $10 tops, I'd hold out on purchasing a disk copy of the game. Now, in fact, might be the best time to unload if anyone has a non-Dreamcast copy of the game.

I think I still have my PS2 copy. Only problem with it is that it was on the old-style blue discs, which my launch PS2 can't read anymore.

[quote name='TwinTurboJosh']Since the game will likely be $10 tops[/quote]

You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20 on XBLA/PSN. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.

[quote name='Bojizzle']You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.[/QUOTE]

Yeah right.

[quote name='Bojizzle']You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20 on XBLA/PSN. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.[/quote]

I forgot that HD Remix was $15; I thought it was released at $10. Either way, there's no way they can charge more than HDR since that game took longer to make than SF4, and MVC2 will undoubtedly just be a port. Graphical and balance updates to MVC2 would be a nightmare IMO.

[quote name='Bojizzle']You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20 on XBLA/PSN. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.[/QUOTE]

What, like roster updates? Not a shot in hell.

This is a 10-15 dollar game.

[quote name='Bojizzle']You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.[/quote]

IMO a straight port I think would be at least $15.00 (without any online capabilities, just a straight port), if they add other s**** and giggles (such as online match making) along with it then possibly $20.00. They might even add dlc later in the future (new stages...) if sales exceeds SSF2HDR.

Also, to the original topic, I believe that price gamestop has it for is about $10.00 cheaper than the average price for a used copy of MvC2 for xbox. I think its a good deal if you legitimately, absolutely need a copy of MvC2 on xbox. I would rather wait for a dlc though.

ps. are they considering releasing MvC2 as DLC cause of that one poll Capcom forums hosted couple of months ago (thread title was something along the lines as what games would you like to see as a dlc, I chose power stone)?

*edit* Just read up on MvC2 on ps3 and 360... I couldn't find anything confirming the release of MvC2. TwinTurboJosh would you be able to link me to an article confirming MvC2 becoming a future dlc (besides that whole esrb thing)? Does Capcom still hold the Marvel license to do so (do they even need to license to release an old game)?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Bojizzle']You mean $10 minimum. A game like this will sell for at least $15, probably $20 on XBLA/PSN. If they make any updates it'll go as high as $40 I suspect.[/quote]

$40? You are crazy man. $15 (1200 MS Points) seems to be about what they are running for fighters, but I really would not be shocked if it was $20 (1600 MS Points).

[quote name='kidu']$40? You are crazy man. $15 (1200 MS Points) seems to be about what they are running for fighters, but I really would not be shocked if it was $20 (1600 MS Points).[/QUOTE]

but for MVC2, it would be worth every penny.

Let Me Get The First One For Download On Either Ps3 Or 360 And Everyone In My House Is Going To Go Crazy...

The GameStop on the 2nd floor of the Emerald Square Mall in Attleboro, MA has had a disc only copy of the PS2 version in-stock for a looooooong time at $80. You'd probably be better off on eBay, but I thought I'd mention it if anyone is looking for a copy.

I'd pay $15 to $20 for the disc copy, but not $60. I'm hoping that it does come out on XBLA, because this game was absolutely epic. :)

I'm assuming the Xbox version sold at GS is a used game. There is nothing indicating either way as far as I can tell.

I expect the MvC2 HD Remix to be around $15-25 depending on if it is a straight port or have added functionality. With the success of SSF2THD Remix, Capcom will undoubtedly try and raise the price. Just look at how much they charged for the extra outfits for SF IV.

[quote name='leesiulung']I'm assuming the Xbox version sold at GS is a used game. There is nothing indicating either way as far as I can tell.[/quote]

..except the big red "USED" tab at the top.

[quote name='leesiulung']I'm assuming the Xbox version sold at GS is a used game. There is nothing indicating either way as far as I can tell.

I expect the MvC2 HD Remix to be around $15-25 depending on if it is a straight port or have added functionality. With the success of SSF2THD Remix, Capcom will undoubtedly try and raise the price. Just look at how much they charged for the extra outfits for SF IV.[/QUOTE]

Besides the fact it says "used" on the product page? Or are you critiquing this particular thread, which is admittedly lacking in that detail?

[quote name='paddlefoot']OP, thanks for the update. I had no idea it was coming to PSN and Live. Time to sell my xbox copy.[/QUOTE]
Right now, it's still only rumor. Don't sell til capcom gives a release date!

I haven't touched my mint PS2 copy in ages... I think I'll play some this weekend.

If rumors are true, I'd still hold on to my copy. I don't have Live so I'd be screwed out of the game. But I'll keep an eye on the market and it's still possible to cash out with a great selling price even after DLC is announced since a surprising majority of the game players are not aware of release dates until a game is A) on a shelf at Gamestop or B) available as a digital DLC item.

This will be a 1200 - 1600 point game. I've never paid more than $10 for a DL game (XBLA or PC), and I kind of doubt I will for this title. I do have the Dreamcast version, so I really wouldn't be missing out. But if it is 1200 points and you don't have it, by all means buy it. It's fun as all hell. :)

"This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." which = 99% chance of getting no box or manual, i have to have my case and manual

I should specify that if they do an HD remix for MVC2 (like they discussed here: http://kotaku.com/5169153/capcom-has-more-hd-remixes-up-its-sleeve-marvel-vs-capcom-2-next) Then it could potentially cost up to $40. At the very least it would cost $20. Hell, if they charge $20 for that shitty Watchmen game, why not charge $40 if people are willing to pay?

Don't sell your copy yet though, as it's still just a rumor. However, the ESRB did rate it for PS3 and 360 a few months ago.

I've never fully understood the demand (and thus, price) for the Xbox or PS2 port of MvC2. For about that same amount of money, you could buy a Dreamcast and the game--and play the superior version of it.

[quote name='Mizzike']not a deal[/quote]

[quote name='oasisboy']CAG = where a used $60 xbox game is a deal.[/quote]

It's always nice to hear from the peanut gallery.

[quote name='anubis20']"This used product is guaranteed to work and may not include an instruction manual or original box." which = 99% chance of getting no box or manual, i have to have my case and manual[/quote]

If it comes incomplete, and you don't want it, you can return it to any GS store.

[quote name='sizzlorr']I've never fully understood the demand (and thus, price) for the Xbox or PS2 port of MvC2. For about that same amount of money, you could buy a Dreamcast and the game--and play the superior version of it.
[/quote]

Some people simply don't want another console, especially a long dead one, just to play one game. I can't picture myself paying this much for such a game, personally.

EDIT: Oh, and if you do want to order this, please don't forget to use CAG16 and SAVER. It comes to $50.39 shipped.

[quote name='dejeckt']*edit* Just read up on MvC2 on ps3 and 360... I couldn't find anything confirming the release of MvC2. TwinTurboJosh would you be able to link me to an article confirming MvC2 becoming a future dlc (besides that whole esrb thing)? Does Capcom still hold the Marvel license to do so (do they even need to license to release an old game)?[/quote]

The admin at Shoryuken.com made a post outlining the schedule for Evo 09 and put the version of MVC2 that would be played as the PS3 version. He has since edited the post and put down TBA and said he didn't want to get in trouble with his friends at Capcom, but basically said to just go with what is on the ESRB page. On GAF a MadCatz employee pretty much jokingly confirmed the game as well.

[quote name='sizzlorr']I've never fully understood the demand (and thus, price) for the Xbox or PS2 port of MvC2. For about that same amount of money, you could buy a Dreamcast and the game--and play the superior version of it.
[/QUOTE]

When Marvel made a deal with Activision for Rise of the Imperfect (fucking crap fest), they stopped pressing MVC2. Simple economics, reduced supply, greater demand= higher prices.

its not going to come out on psn/xbl.... capcom lost the rights to the marvel franchise in the middle of producing the PS2 and Xbox copies of MVC2.. which is why those versions are MUCH more limited and therefore expensive than the dreamcast version...

oo, I like where these will rumors would lead to^^
Rarely does any dlc gets a release date like standard retail games, most dlc game reveal the release date a week before it gets release.

[quote name='dejeckt']oo, I like where these will rumors would lead to^^
Rarely does any dlc gets a release date like standard retail games, most dlc game reveal the release date a week before it gets release.[/quote]

While that's true, high profile games are definitely announced well before they're released. And you can bet your ass that Capcom would announce this gem if it were being released as a downloadable game.

[quote name='robbyH']Right now, it's still only rumor. Don't sell til capcom gives a release date![/QUOTE]

No... they're going to be using the PSN (or Live) one for Evo... it's not a rumor, not anymore.

[quote name='distgfx']No... they're going to be using the PSN (or Live) one for Evo... it's not a rumor, not anymore.[/quote]

Seth from Capcom openly stated that they're using the Dreamcast version at EVO. Just like every year prior. He said this recently, and I believe that Seth is helping coordinate the event.

i would not buy the disc version especially if MVC2 a psn game is gonna be out soon. GS is just trying to get rid of the discs before the value drops.

[quote name='jubeininja69']i would not buy the disc version especially if MVC2 a psn game is gonna be out soon. GS is just trying to get rid of the discs before the value drops.[/quote]

Not for nothing, but that doesn't even make any sense. This been $60 at GS for awhile, and as another poster pointed out, the Xbox version is often in stock online. If they wanted to get rid of them, they would drop the price down further than this.

[quote name='RandyTsai']Tatsunko vs. Capcom on the wii ftw.[/quote]

if it ever comes to the us... (for those of us who don't wanna mod)

I'd love to snag this on Live, though would prefer PSN if it has online added in. Shit, probaly just get both. $20 sounds about right no matter what's included or done, though.

The Xbox version doesn't seem that desirable to me.

-PSN/XBLA: Would be cheaper, maybe have online or other features
-Dreamcast: Also cheaper, and most people agree it's the best version
-PS2: At least it's rare enough to be very collectible.

Also, for what it's worth, I don't think digital re-releases would (or should) have much impact on the value of physical copies. I'm pretty sure hardcore collectors aren't really concerned with that sort of thing.

A re-release of any kind would do very well. I hate fighting games, especially the new SFIV, but MvC2 rocks. I'd pay $15. Maybe $20 if it had online play and/or if they took out "Gonna take you for a ride".

[quote name='voidedx']A re-release of any kind would do very well. I hate fighting games, especially the new SFIV, but MvC2 rocks. I'd pay $15. Maybe $20 if it had online play and/or if they took out "Gonna take you for a ride".[/quote]

They should just re-do the whole soundtrack. MVC2 currently has the most hated music on any game i've ever played.

bread's done
Back