Guitar Hero World Tour Band Kit (360) $100, 2 Guitar Set (360) $70 at Walmart.com

Thanks for the post! I have been waiting for an excuse to pick this up and I don't think I can turn down this deal!

Was thinking about this but the drum set looks like a problem to me. Other reviews mention the kick pedal not really being anchored down. That would drive me nuts.

The main reason I'd be buying it is for the wireless drums and for the game itself, which will probably be $20-$30 before long. So I'll pass.

ugh i really wish this wasn't a good deal, (I don't have the space nor the $ to spend it) though i was going to get the Drum set from TRU from the 19th ad for $70, but might as well get everything for an extra $20.

I already have the game and controller so I'll just, trade in the game and my old X-plorer to make the deal even sweeter! :)

Damn this is a sweet deal!! I went in on the ROck Band 2 Bundle back when Toys R Us messed up the price. Anybody that doesn't own either one yet should buy this.

Does WM price match their site if it's more expensive in stores? I've done it at BB before and saved about $200 on a TV.

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Does WM price match their site if it's more expensive in stores? I've done it at BB before and saved about $200 on a TV.[/quote]

No, but this item is eligible for free 'Site to Store' shipping, where they will deliver the item to a particiapting Wal-Mart of your choosing.

Thus you'd end up paying the same price from the site as you would if they PM'd the website.

Add it to your cart, do site to store shipping and pick it up a couple of days later for like an extra buck I believe.

Edit: Whoops, little late on that.

[quote name='turls']Was thinking about this but the drum set looks like a problem to me. Other reviews mention the kick pedal not really being anchored down. That would drive me nuts.

The main reason I'd be buying it is for the wireless drums and for the game itself, which will probably be $20-$30 before long. So I'll pass.[/quote]

Great deal, but I'm feeling the same thing. Rather wait on a good deal for the RB2 drums.

I am so tempted to get it also. I still need to do my taxes tonight, if its still up tonight after I get them done then this will be my reward. If its sold out then it was just not meant to be.

I've heard Rock Band isn't releasing any new instruments this fall. Anybody know if this is true? And what about Guitar Hero?

Reason: I've waited this long. It might be better to wait for the new gen instruments?!

I'm also wondering if these instruments work with RB? I have a couple of friends wanting RB, but if they can get this price, they can just get the RB game only later.

[quote name='Gertle627']I'm also wondering if these instruments work with RB? I have a couple of friends wanting RB, but if they can get this price, they can just get the RB game only later.[/QUOTE]

The guitars and mic will work fine; the drums will be useable, but because the orientation is different it might be a little awkward.

[quote name='Robb']I've heard Rock Band isn't releasing any new instruments this fall. Anybody know if this is true? And what about Guitar Hero?

Reason: I've waited this long. It might be better to wait for the new gen instruments?![/QUOTE]

Beatles: Rock Band Special Edition Bundle for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $250 according to Gamestop.

In for 1. I already got the game when it was 60 with the guitar. I will probably sell off some of the instruments but I really wanted to try the drums.

[quote name='racerman8']Beatles: Rock Band Special Edition Bundle for PS3, Xbox 360, and Wii for $250 according to Gamestop.[/quote]

Yeah but thats a premium drum set and a premium Hofner bass... no guitar (Although presumable it doesnt REALLY matter/guitar bass)

I had Best Buy price match this..(for gamers club reward points) great deal ..also best buy's 2 year protection plan on the instruments was only $14.00 which isnt terrible considering that the instruments will eventually break

[quote name='Xfactor19990']Does rb2 drums work with ghwt, vise versa?[/quote]
i know for sure the rb2 drums work for ghwt on the 360 but not sure about the other way around or other systems

WHY do all the good deals come when I have no money!?!

I'm in for one, site to store!

I don't think I spend $100 a year at Wal-mart but this is too good to refuse, next lowest I've seen was $165 and I almost picked it up at that price a week or so ago.

[quote name='kevzik']PMing at BB may make it worth it...hmmm[/QUOTE]

I was thinking this same thing. Will they do that If I printed it out?

Woot, this isn't the best deal ever- but a fantastic excuse to pick this up and then wait for GH Metallica to go on sale.

[quote name='As I Bleed']i know for sure the rb2 drums work for ghwt on the 360 but not sure about the other way around or other systems[/quote]
k thanks, how much is this retail $189?

[quote name='Hyperlancer']Does WM price match their site if it's more expensive in stores? I've done it at BB before and saved about $200 on a TV.[/QUOTE]

You can get Sears (extra 10% instant) or Bestbuy (you buy it full price & turn around to customer service for extra 10% off lowest guarantee) pricematch the deal. Just print out the page and take it any Sears or BB :)

I wouldnt buy this unless you can get some kind of extended warranty for the drums. I went through 3 sets of them and finally gave up. The drums are fun to play but break down way to much.

bread's done
Back