Is anyone else irritated when you see CAG work on SD?!

Vader582

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
So I get a notice in my email about a new SD thread in Slickdeals gaming section. Lo and behold, it's a list of Target clearance games, obviously taken from CAG.
Anyone else get irritated with this sort of thing?
I realize there are lurkers and hoarders on CAG but doesn't feeding the "rape and pillage" mentality of SD make the problem worse?
The SDer should really be thanking me because I called him out on SD. By doing so, the villainous CAG Vader582 has made that SDer into an SD hero. :lol:
Society's rewarding of failure continues... +1 the SDer vs 0 justice :bomb:
Sorry just ranting a little.
Not really that big of a deal, just irritating.

Yep. This happens frequently, and it's often by the same people over on SD.

The newegg thread comes to my mind as the most blatant example of this.

It annoys me but then again, there's a lot of stuff from Slickdeals that gets posted here without acknowledgement/credit to the SD poster. So what comes around goes around I suppose.

[quote name='Number83']Doesn't matter...I'm not clicking referal links on either site.[/QUOTE]

I click through here but not at SD.

I won't support the douchbachery that is SD.

I won't care really.. but posting something over at SD or FatWallet gets alot of people interested in stuff only because it's cheap... not because they game, else they probably should be here instead.

Community is not great there.

It's only irritating to me when they don't credit the source. Someone reposting a CAG deal on Fatwallet and giving CAG proper credit is how I found this site over 5 years ago.

[quote name='Vader582']So I get a notice in my email about a new SD thread in Slickdeals gaming section. Lo and behold, it's a list of Target clearance games, obviously taken from CAG.
Anyone else get irritated with this sort of thing?
I realize there are lurkers and hoarders on CAG but doesn't feeding the "rape and pillage" mentality of SD make the problem worse?
The SDer should really be thanking me because I called him out on SD. By doing so, the villainous CAG Vader582 has made that SDer into an SD hero. :lol:
Society's rewarding of failure continues... +1 the SDer vs 0 justice :bomb:
Sorry just ranting a little.
Not really that big of a deal, just irritating.[/quote]

yeah, you really let him have it champ....

Quote from Vader582 :
Why don't you do another "nice thing" and quit posting other people's work as your own. If I or other CAGs wanted to post our findings on SD we would do so.

CAG is notorious for ripping deals from other sites. Hell, more than half of the deals I saw on here in the early days were rips from Ben's Bargains and FatWallet. Your sense of entitlement is silly.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']yeah, you really let him have it champ....

Quote from Vader582 :
Why don't you do another "nice thing" and quit posting other people's work as your own. If I or other CAGs wanted to post our findings on SD we would do so.

CAG is notorious for ripping deals from other sites. Hell, more than half of the deals I saw on here in the early days were rips from Ben's Bargains and FatWallet. Your sense of entitlement is silly.[/quote]
No, I have a sense of community, not entitlement. If I post a DCPI and price on CAG for something I found, I'm not really keen on finding it on another website that's obviously copied CAG work and effort. I didn't say "I ripped this guy a new asshole". I said I called him out. Why don't you party with your fellow SDers. Your sense of douchebaggery is well-suited there.:lol:

Oh btw, who are you on SD? Just so we can tag you, throw you back into the wild and track your movements?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Vader582']No, I have a sense of community, not entitlement. If I post a DCPI and price for something I found on CAG, I'm not really keen on finding it on another website that's obviously copied CAG work and effort. I didn't say "I ripped this guy a new asshole". I said I called him out. Why don't you party with your fellow SDers. Your sense of douchebaggery is well-suited there.:lol:[/quote]

of course... I'm a douchebag. You're upset about seeing a post on another forum that you didn't author, or otherwise meaningfully contribute to. Look in the mirror sport.

3: belief that one is deserving of or entitled to certain privileges

you clearly feel that you're entitled to benefit from game deals found on CAG, and apparently from SD (being that you've set up deal alerts).

[quote name='Vader582']Oh btw, who are you on SD? Just so we can tag you, throw you back into the wild and track your movements?[/quote]

I'd pretty much expect you to 1)not be able to determine my username on SD and 2)say something as idiotic as you did.

let me guess, you're a leet hacker that tracks IP addresses and runs DOS attacks from a remote PC in Serbia? Either that, or you're a dipshit. Which ever.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']I'd pretty much expect you to 1)not be able to determine my username on SD and 2)say something as idiotic as you did.

let me guess, you're a leet hacker that tracks IP addresses and runs DOS attacks from a remote PC in Serbia? Either that, or you're a dipshit. Which ever.[/quote]
Oh are the children out of school?
I'm flattered that your 6th and 7th posts on CAG are about me.
/me takes bow.

You obviously think you're a man, so be one. It's clear who I am on SD. Who are you?

Oh and if you were here on a regular basis SDer, you'd see that I have contributed prices and DPCIs to the CAG Target Clearance Thread.

[quote name='Vader582']Oh are the children out of school?
I'm flattered that your 6th and 7th posts on CAG are about me.
/me takes bow.

You obviously think you're a man, so be one. It's clear who I am on SD. Who are you?

Oh and if you were here on a regular basis SDer, you'd see that I have contributed prices and DPCIs to the CAG Target Clearance Thread.[/quote]

apparently they are. A douchebag reference, a grade reference, and hurt feelings about a post on a -different- deal site. You should blog about it on your myspace or twitter page(s).

I'd say it's as clear who I am on SD. Perhaps processing information isn't your strong suit.

I'm not here on a regular basis anymore. This site has become full of adolescent jackass' and incessant whining.... but you already know that.

Fight, fight, fight, the itchy and scratchy show.

images

Goes both ways. It's nice when credit is given (goes for here as well), but I don't get excited over it. Not like we can do anything about it anyway. If it was a deal I originated or contributed to, yeah I'd be ticked.

I found CAG from a cross-posted deal on SD where the OP did give credit.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']apparently they are. A douchebag reference, a grade reference, and hurt feelings about a post on a -different- deal site. You should blog about it on your myspace or twitter page(s).

I'd say it's as clear who I am on SD. Perhaps processing information isn't your strong suit.

I'm not here on a regular basis anymore. This site has become full of adolescent jackass' and incessant whining.... but you already know that.[/quote]
LMAO! You think I'm taking you seriously. Hilarious.
/me slaps hooeatspoo (OMG a lowbrow attempt at humor!!!) with his Hello Kitty purse.
Boy you really think a lot of yourself, don't you?
I'm impressed. Isn't everyone else impressed? :applause::lol:

Edit: Did you even post in the SD thread I'm talking about? I'm guessing not. :lol: No wonder I was having trouble finding your holier-than-thou ass. :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']LMAO! You think I'm taking you seriously. Hilarious.
/me slaps hooeatspoo (OMG a lowbrow attempt at humor!!!) with Hello Kitty his purse.
Boy you really think a lot of yourself, don't you?
I'm impressed. Isn't everyone else impressed? :applause::lol:

Edit: Did you even post in the SD I'm talking about thread? I'm guessing not. :lol: No wonder I was having trouble finding your holier-than-thou ass. :lol:[/quote]

Ahh, the "I was just joking" defense. Well played. Your parents would be proud. I don't think a lot of myself, I just think little of you. No offense. I mean, I was just joking!!! LOL. Jackass.

I didn't post in the SD thread. I'd rather have conversations about your ignorance on your "turf". I was hoping it would make you feel less threatened. I guess like what I assume most of your life has been like, it was a failure. See you soon slick!

[quote name='disillusion386']Vader, don't bother. Irritated or not, there's nothing we can do about cross posting on different deal sites.[/quote]
Agreed. It's not really that huge of an issue. I think the way in which it was done was irritating. On the other hand, seeing these SD punks come out of the woodwork has been entertaining and made the workday pass quickly. :lol:

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']Ahh, the "I was just joking" defense. Well played. Your parents would be proud. I don't think a lot of myself, I just think little of you. No offense. I mean, I was just joking!!! LOL. Jackass.

I didn't post in the SD thread. I'd rather have conversations about your ignorance on your "turf". I was hoping it would make you feel less threatened. I guess like what I assume most of your life has been like, it was a failure. See you soon slick![/quote]No. See you misread my post. Just because I don't take you seriously doesn't mean I don't think you're not a douchebag, punk, arrogant-shithead etc.
Boy! You're so tough! Look at the big man on the interwebs!!! Again, I'm impressed! Isn't everyone else SO impressed? :lol:
Keep the hits coming, Douche! I love how you're getting so worked up.

[quote name='wubb']
I found CAG from a cross-posted deal on SD where the OP did give credit.[/quote]

Me too.

And since then I've realized how much better CAG is than SD. I have, nor ever will, cross post a deal on SD. In fact I've nearly stopped visiting SD unless I'm shopping for something.

The biggest problem over there is the reseller mentality. And while it does exist on CAG it's mostly kept to certain threads or secret groups.

Whenever I see an "argument" as trivial as one like this, I almost assume the two people involved are actually just one person with multiple accounts putting on an act or something... if so, good show!

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']apparently they are. A douchebag reference, a grade reference, and hurt feelings about a post on a -different- deal site. You should blog about it on your myspace or twitter page(s).

I'm not here on a regular basis anymore. This site has become full of adolescent jackass' and incessant whining.... but you already know that.[/quote]

If you dont like CAG then GTFO!

PS You are indeed a Douche.

[quote name='Vader582']Agreed. It's not really that huge of an issue. I think the way in which it was done was irritating. On the other hand, seeing these SD punks come out of the woodwork has been entertaining and made the workday pass quickly. :lol:

No. See you misread my post. Just because I don't take you seriously doesn't mean I don't think you're not a douchebag, punk, arrogant-shithead etc.
Boy! You're so tough! Look at the big man on the interwebs!!! Again, I'm impressed! Isn't everyone else SO impressed? :lol:
Keep the hits coming, Douche! I love how you're getting so worked up.[/quote]

I assure you, I didn't misread anything.

I'm hardly worked up. I just wanted to make a couple of posts at CAG to "call you out" so that I could make a NEW post at SD bragging about it.

You clearly feel threatened. No need to. I'm almost embarassed that I've responded to your posts. I kind of feel like I'm contributing to your delinquency.... I'll come around again in another 3 or 4 months and visit this thread. It'll help me remember why I stopped visiting this site in 2007.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']I assure you, I didn't misread anything.

I'm hardly worked up. I just wanted to make a couple of posts at CAG to "call you out" so that I could make a NEW post at SD bragging about it.

You clearly feel threatened. No need to. I'm almost embarassed that I've responded to your posts. I kind of feel like I'm contributing to your delinquency.... I'll come around again in another 3 or 4 months and visit this thread. It'll help me remember why I stopped visiting this site in 2007.[/quote]
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo!!! Make sure to send me the link when you do! :bouncy:
I feel threatened? I do? Thanks for clearing that up. :lol:

[quote name='DAWG26']If you dont like CAG then GTFO!

PS You are indeed a Douche.[/quote]

welcome to the party.

PS - PS is only applicable in printed or hand written documents. If you wanted to include an afterthought in your original post, you could have just inserted it. You're welcome.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']welcome to the party.

PS - PS is only applicable in printed or hand written documents. If you wanted to include an afterthought in your original post, you could have just inserted it. You're welcome.[/quote]
Good God! You have 2 kids!!? WTH are you doing polluting the genepool!?
Why does Clevon come to mind?
You barely even post on SD? :lol:

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Im more irriated by the number of posts in the video game deals section that ARENT DEALS.. MSRP is NOT A DAMN DEAL :([/quote]:lol: That's the truth.

TBH a lot of CAG steal from SD just the same, although CAG are a little better at giving credit to SD, there are still many times where credit is not given to SD. I think the real villain here is fatwallet where they steal from everyone never give credit to anyone. douchebags ~_~

[quote name='Vader582']Good God! You have 2 kids!!? WTH are you doing polluting the genepool!?
Why does Clevon come to mind?
You barely even post on SD? :lol:[/quote]

three actually. I could ask your parents the same question. Did they have any children that lived from the neck up?

I deleted the picture. Stalk much?

It shows I have 548 posts in the Deals forums. Any thread deemed a chat thread doesn't contribute to post count. I post when I need to thank someone for their work, or when I find a deal.

[quote name='Squarehard']TBH a lot of CAG steal from SD just the same, although CAG are a little better at giving credit to SD, there are still many times where credit is not given to SD. I think the real villain here is fatwallet where they steal from everyone never give credit to anyone. douchebags ~_~[/quote]

agreed.

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']I deleted the picture. Stalk much? [/quote]
LMAO! You told me earlier in this thread to more or less "find you" and when I do, I'm a stalker. Nice. You're a regular jokester there, huh Clevon? :lol:
Who's the fool putting pics of his kids on the web?

[quote name='hoothrewpoo']I post when I need to thank someone for their work, or when I find a deal.[/quote] Then from CAG...you...are...welcome, madam. :lol:

[quote name='Vader582']LMAO! You told me earlier in this thread to more or less "find you" and when I do, I'm a stalker. Nice. You're a regular jokester there, huh Clevon? :lol:
Who's the fool putting pics of his kids on the web?[/quote]

wombatstalk_1.jpg

Like some of you, I found CAG through SD. The ironic part is I first heard about CAG when an SD'er back then was being called out for taking credit for work that he copied/pasted from here as his own. He eventually credited both the OP and the site that he took the work from. I checked out the site he credited, and I have been here ever since.
My take on this instance, is pretty much the same as back then. Credit the OP you are taking the work from after clearing it with them. Posting a deal you find is one thing, while taking data compiled like this is totally different.

[quote name='ninjabenja']Like some of you, I found CAG through SD. The ironic part is I first heard about CAG when an SD'er back then was being called out for taking credit for work that he copied/pasted from here as his own. He eventually credited both the OP and the site that he took the work from. I checked out the site he credited, and I have been here ever since.
My take on this instance, is pretty much the same as back then. Credit the OP you are taking the work from after clearing it with them. Posting a deal you find is one thing, while taking data compiled like this is totally different.[/quote]

Totally agree. This wasn't just some random deal that he found. It was a whole list that FoS and a bunch of CAGs have been compiling for a long time.

BTW, you're not redninja on SD, are you? The post on there was suspiciously similar. hahaha

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']It annoys me because I spent a lot of time getting those many of the DPCI numbers, the ones that weren't contributed by other CAGs.[/quote]

Hey Friend of Sonic, maybe you should send a PM to some of the mods on SD. Ask them nicely to take it down since it was a blatant copy and paste of your compiled list. I know that there aren't any rules on plagiarizing on the internet, but who knows, maybe they'll listen to you.

I'm sure plenty of stuff gets "stolen" from other boards and brought here. It just seems that a lot of lengthy threads get swiped from here, threads that people took a lot of time compiling. That's my only issue. I really don't visit other sites that often, so I really don't know if a lot of long, compiled lists get swiped from them.

[quote name='disillusion386']
BTW, you're not redninja on SD, are you? The post on there was suspiciously similar. hahaha[/quote]

heh yeah, that's me ;). I couldn't remember my ninjabenja password, but my redninja pass worked!
I do apologize now for bumping that thread with my comments, I was just really annoyed with the garbage being spewed over there.
*Rating down and not bumping with my comments would have been more helpful I'm sure.

[quote name='ninjabenja']heh yeah, that's me ;). I couldn't remember my ninjabenja password, but my redninja pass worked!
I do apologize now for bumping that thread with my comments, I was just really annoyed with the garbage being spewed over there.[/quote]

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed too, but I wasn't going to register on there just to bump up the thread. I've been paying attention to that thread just to see what happens when a lot of SDers can't find the deals they think are at their fingertips.

bread's done
Back