* * * * * 1 votes

The Ultimate 'Build-A-PC' Thread. Complete With Pricings & Recommendations (06/06/10)

#3751 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4653 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 02 May 2017 - 06:04 AM

An SSD is the best preformance booster (minus video card for gaming) you can get for an older computer. Example my wife's laptop went from in dire need of replacing to good for a few more years with just a SSD replacing the old HD.

Note: You're going to want to have your OS on the SSD. You can still use HD for storage.

#3752 Síocháin Zum Subete   Super Slurpin Goober Super Smacker CAGiversary!   1871 Posts   Joined 4.4 Years Ago  

Síocháin Zum Subete

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:44 AM

Can I run GTA V on medium with at least about 30+ FPS?

Processor: Potato with pickle taped onto it

Motherboard: A peice of leftover pizza

Monitor: DS screen glued onto a cardboard box

Peripherals: Rotting mouse corpse and box of raisins

Graphics card: Torn up basketball card with a picture of Lebron James on it

GB of ram: -2

#3753 CBreeze5g   CAG in Training CAGiversary!   34 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

CBreeze5g

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:49 PM

Hey I'm getting together parts for a budget pc build and the last part that I need is a evga geforce gtx 1060 3gb gaming graphics card. The problem is it's out of stock everywhere and the only places that have it are pricing way aboce msrp. Anyone here have a website that might have it?

#3754 INMATEofARKHAM   Looking for my padded cell CAGiversary!   4653 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

INMATEofARKHAM

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:06 AM

Hey I'm getting together parts for a budget pc build and the last part that I need is a evga geforce gtx 1060 3gb gaming graphics card. The problem is it's out of stock everywhere and the only places that have it are pricing way aboce msrp. Anyone here have a website that might have it?

https://pcpartpicker.com

You have to search and stuff but all the parts are linked to a number of sites for pricing aND whatnot.

#3755 evilw0n   Deals & Games CAGiversary!   1778 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

Wait a month...that and don't get the crippled version.  3gb sucks and is not future proof.  Spend a bit more and get the 6gb version.  Not sure why they screwed that up (again) but they did. 

#3756 Evrae  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:15 AM

GPU prices have jumped because of miners. Tough times.

icesig.png

A podcast for JRPG enthusiasts...

icicledisaster.com - twitter - iTunes