Shia LeBouf elitest gaming snob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bardockkun

Eating Hot Dogs Horizontally
Feedback
4 (100%)
Is it me or in this interview does Shia LeBouf come off as a bit of an elitest in gaming or just a troll?

You play everything including real-time strategy?
Buddy, I'm a gamer. Not just the fake ones you read about.

or

Have you checked out the Wii Transformers game?
I haven't been able to play the Wii game because my hand is broken. I've just been playing Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. I would imagine that the Wii experience will be like...I don't mess with the Wii, to be honest with you. It's kind of an amateur console. I'm not into the Wii thing.

What's wrong with the Wii?
This is how in a simple way you can find out if it's a gamer you want to play with. Ask them if they have a Wii. If they say yes, get the f*** out of there.

http://news.bigdownload.com/2009/06/18/interview-transformers-shia-labeouf-loves-civilization-iv/

I Don't know, something about this interview rubbed me the wrong way. Like I can better handle him raping Indiana Jones and Transformers franchise, but this made me want to punch him in the throat.

I agree with him mostly. I don't think it's bad to own a Wii. I mean, even I was gullible enough to buy one. But it is an amateur console overall.

If you get mad over him knocking the Wii, perhaps you should take some anger management classes. Seriously. It's not that big of a deal.

It's not over him knocking the Wii, it's more so I want to say he just comes off as a gaming prick. Basically one of those people who tells you why a certain franchise is good and then getting all the facts about the competitors wrong. I Almost want to say this is more ammunition for me to dislike the guy besides his acting.

[quote name='bardockkun']It's not over him knocking the Wii, it's more so I want to say he just comes off as a gaming prick. Basically one of those people who tells you why a certain franchise is good and then getting all the facts about the competitors wrong. I Almost want to say this is more ammunition for me to dislike the guy besides his acting.[/QUOTE]

I don't see what he got wrong. I only heard truth.

I agree with him about the Wii. But I wanna know what a "fake gamer" is. Unfortunately, all of us aren't famous actors (and I refer to him as an actor quite loosely), and we have to work real jobs and/or go to school. I guess, if we don't have the time he has, we aren't real. Too bad.

I agree with him as well, I hear that statement everywhere I turn.

Glad to see a famous actor is a hardcore gamer who knows what's up.

Sorry Nintendo fanboys but I pretty much agree with him also. Not 100% as there are some Wii games I would like to play, but I agree with the general feeling.

As I say on my podcast, "I didn't leave Nintendo, Nintendo left me."

I own a Wii, 360, etc., but honestly, for the most part he's right. there are a few exceptions (games) on the Wii, of course, but not as many as you would hope for considering the user base.

Whatever, he can have his own opinion of the Wii, though the way he expresses it makes him sound like a Gamefaqs troll. Not playing Lego Star Wars with Megan Fox because it was on the Wii when the Wii and HD versions are practically identical is just sad though.

Personally if I could only keep my 360 or Wii I would definitely keep my Wii, it has far more exclusives that aren't on the PC and there are more Wii exclusives then 360 exclusives in development that I'm really looking forward to. It's all a matter of personal taste though.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I respect him more after reading that. The Wii does suck. I'm happy he isn't all political saying all three systems are great.[/QUOTE]

Yea totally agree. I never liked him, but after this I got a lot of respect. He sounds like a real gamer, not like those celebrities that go, "Omg the Wii is just fantastic, I like to play Wii at home with the friends, the sports Wii is the best Wii though. I like golf".

He sounded kind of douchey, but then again I don't run around calling myself a gamer either.

The first quote was the reviewers fault though: "You even play RTS games!?"

So, just because he's an actor it's outrageous for him to play an RTS?

him speaking the truth wont make me like him as an actor or the shit films hes been in. but yeah hes telling the truth.

While I couldn't care much less about what Shia LeBouf says (though his statements here scream of immaturity), I'm becoming increasingly bothered by 'gamers' who disregard the Wii because either its graphics capabilities aren't current-gen or the fact that it has many casual games.

I have a PS3, PC, and Wii, and I value all of them for different games and genres (and the only reason I don't have a 360 is due to its sizable overlap of exclusives between it and the PC). Each has plenty of garbageware, and each its gems. PC and PS3 have excellent titles, with Left4Dead, Valkyria Chronicles, Red Alert 3, and such, and each offer great experiences. However, Wii exclusives, such as Mario Galaxy, Smash Bros., Metroid Prime 3, and Mad World all offer top-quality gameplay unlike anything found on other consoles, and the fact that they're being ignored, particularly Mad World, is a travesty. Heck, one of my most anticipated titles this year, The Conduit, looks to bring back the classic Goldeneye/Perfect Dark game play unseen on other consoles. You have to look past the hype, people, and make your own decisions based on gameplay, and gameplay alone.

Make no mistake, the 'gamer' who decides to ignore a console based on graphical inferiority or public opinion deserves no such title.

I think most of us have made our own decisions. And we decided that for every one good Wii game, there are 10 heaps of trash. I want a Wii, but I can't justify buying it for about five games I actually want to play.

[quote name='Trastan']The Conduit, looks to bring back the classic Goldeneye/Perfect Dark game play unseen on other consoles.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, the other consoles don't have any FPS's.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']I think most of us have made our own decisions. And we decided that for every one good Wii game, there are 10 heaps of trash. I want a Wii, but I can't justify buying it for about five games I actually want to play.[/QUOTE]

I would say that the Wii could be like playing T-ball instead of Baseball... sometimes the serious stuff are on different consoles.

I enjoy the Wii, but I'm a pc gamer first. Then comes DS and PSP but I do play the Wii and every time I do, it's always been a good time.

[quote name='depascal22']Sounds like a lot of dudes that frequent CAG.[/QUOTE]

Exactly what I was going to say. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a member of this board. Sounds like you're average gaming forum member whining about the "real gamez."

Agree with what he said. Now, the fact that you "want to punch him in the throat"; resort to violence because of what a person said about VIDEO GAMES, THAT is more objectionable and a sign of a serious problem.

[quote name='Nathan_Sama']I wouldn't play Star Wars with Megan Fox either.
Her thumbs look like big toes.... XP[/QUOTE]

I'd be too busy snogging the hell out of her from behind to be looking at her thumbs. But I would play Lego Star Wars at the same time if she insisted.

obligatory "Meghan Fox can play with my Wii anytime" comment

Between PS3, Wii and 360 there are about the same number of games I am interested in on all 3 consoles.

[quote name='dabogues']Not to be a LeDouche, but I think you mean "elitist."[/QUOTE]

Nah, he's pretty much the cream of the crop when it comes to gaming. :p

Shia LeBouf's a douchebag.

It's fine if he doesn't want to play a Wii, but to judge other people just because they own one? (And yes, I finally own one of each console. Working through my 360 backlog now.)

And while the Wii has a whole dump-load of shovel-ware, I blame the game companies, not Nintendo. I maintain that Resident Evil 4 and Twilight Princess for the Gamecube stand up to games of this generation even graphically(though probably not in HDMI), and you're telling me programmers can't do more with two Gamecubes duct-taped together?

At least Metroid, Silent Hill, and a new Zelda are coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back