There can be only one OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JolietJake

Banned
Yep, it's a Highlander OTT.

G118150.JPG

Liquid - make sure you get the absinthe spoon and some sugar cubes and pour the absinthe over the sugar cube to melt it into the glass. Its good stuff. It wont mess you up like the old school absinthe but its a different kind of drunk from regular liquor.

If you cant find a spoon, I guess just holding the sugar cube in a strainer over your glass would work too.

Damn I want some absinthe now. I guess I'll have to go get some tomorrow.

[quote name='Trakan']Goddamnit.

Did anyone else's Watchmen wbshop order get canceled?[/QUOTE]

I think mine was or will be. I just checked my cc statement and I have a $30 charge pending yet.

I ended up only ordering Watchmen and The Black Freighter, as I missed the original super-exploit, and because they disabled the B1G1 coupon code all together, or something. (I was gonna get 300 and Gran Torino, too.)

Can't wait to see Watchmen again.

[quote name='Brak']
:eek:

No.

I can't see it right now. (At work. :cry:)[/QUOTE]

You'll love them. He is so intimidating to me, for some reason.

And, I didn't know that Rorschach was likely homosex-you-all. Is is suggested in the "under-the-hood" segments?

[quote name='rabbitt']You'll love them. He is so intimidating to me, for some reason.

And, I didn't know that Rorschach was likely homosex-you-all. Is is suggested in the "under-the-hood" segments?[/QUOTE]
David Lynch is God.

And, no. It's right there in the book... Thumb through it again, because there are a lot of subtle hints.

[quote name='Brak']I wish they hadn't have omitted Rorschach probably being homosexual from the film adaptation.[/QUOTE]

I read the graphic novel about the time the movie came out (never did see the movie though). I don't remember anything about Rorschach and ass-pirates. :|

Ugh. As if the regular cops and soldiers weren't bad enough in Mirror's Edge now there's ninja cops. fucking terrible.

Also, David Lynch is a hack.

What movie did I watch had dog humping in it? If anything a David Lynch movie is more likely to have dog humping than anything I tend to watch.

Rorshach seemed really conservative in the novel, The only hints I got were of him, being a highly troubled and angry guy.

Why is it that I've been seeding (legal) torrents for an entire day, and I've only uploaded 50 mbs? That have anything to do with me needing to set up a static IP?

[quote name='rabbitt']Have your forwarded your ports?[/QUOTE]

I have, so I think it's probably needing to set up the static IP. I guess I'll do that tonight.

Walmart had one of those sony sound bars out to demo yesterday. Holy shit they sound good, I hope I get hired next week so I can get one with my first check.

[quote name='rabbitt']I'm flipping through Watchmen now to see if I can find any hints.[/QUOTE]
All of the subtle hints, which are beautifully written, culminate when Nite Owl draws out the Walter Kovacs from within Rorschach (the persona he used to bury himself), and Rorschach holds Nite Owl's hand for a little too long.

But, yes. Walter Kovacs' upbringing caused him to have a poor viewpoint on women.

He's an interestingly complex character. He's a total repressed homosexual, and would never act upon it, hiding himself deep beneath the Rorschach persona... But a homosexual nonetheless.

Interesting note:

If you look in the background art work, you'll see a lot of same-sex couples.

[quote name='Brak']All of the subtle hints, which are beautifully written, culminate when Nite Owl draws out the Walter Kovacs from within Rorschach (the persona he used to bury himself), and Rorschach holds Nite Owl's hand for a little too long.

But, yes. Walter Kovacs' upbringing caused him to have a poor viewpoint on women.

He's an interestingly complex character. He's a total repressed homosexual, and would never act upon it, hiding himself deep beneath the Rorschach persona... But a homosexual nonetheless.

Interesting note:

If you look in the background art work, you'll see a lot of same-sex couples.[/QUOTE]

Damn... going through this again, there is a lot of stuff I missed the first time I read it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']The seed/leech ratio is 40:1.

Don't set your expectations too high.[/QUOTE]

Still, I think it will upload a little faster when I fix that, since uTorrent says my router is limiting traffic.

About getting the job, the soundbar, or the seeding? :lol:

___
I am attempting to write a song. This is harder than I thought it would be.

Seeding.

The ratio system is really destructive in private communities, but no one realizes that (well, except maybe Bram Cohen)/cares enough to do anything about it.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Brak, give me your email too.

Rabbitt, check yours.[/QUOTE]

Nice, thanks. I'll have to wait until I buy a bigger HDD though, to get into it.

I've never heard one of those sound bars. Do they function as the back three speakers of a 5.1 set, or do you use it as your sole speaker?

[quote name='Rocko']I've never heard one of those sound bars. Do they function as the back three speakers of a 5.1 set, or do you use it as your sole speaker?[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure you just use the bar and the subwoofer it comes with.

[quote name='rabbitt']Nice, thanks. I'll have to wait until I buy a bigger HDD though, to get into it.[/QUOTE]
Just make sure you log in every 2 or so weeks so you're not disabled for inactivity.

Also (and you too, Brak): check out Cinemageddon. It's more oriented towards B-movies and gorefests and such, but registration is free, and it sometimes has stuff that KG does that you can get there without sacrificing your hard-earned KG ratio, since you don't need an invite.

[quote name='Rocko']I've never heard one of those sound bars. Do they function as the back three speakers of a 5.1 set, or do you use it as your sole speaker?[/QUOTE]

It's a sole speaker (w/ three separate speakers inside) that act as your whole sound system, plus the sub.

[quote name='rabbitt']Can anyone recommend a 1TB internal HDD for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520)?[/QUOTE]

I don't think a 1TB 2.5" drive exists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back