There can be only one OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rabbitt']Can anyone recommend a 1TB internal HDD for my laptop (Dell Inspiron 1520)?[/QUOTE]
I wouldn't bother with that size of an internal HDD for a laptop, if they're even out there.

Get a 3.5" internal 1 TB HDD and an enclosure and use it as an external. Then, when/if you get a desktop, you can take it out and put it in there.

Found a collage of the 50 hardcore albums you have to hear before you die, and it's the kind of hardcore I'm looking for. I'm super happy right now.

[quote name='Liquid 2']Just make sure you log in every 2 or so weeks so you're not disabled for inactivity.

Also (and you too, Brak): check out Cinemageddon. It's more oriented towards B-movies and gorefests and such, but registration is free, and it sometimes has stuff that KG does that you can get there without sacrificing your hard-earned KG ratio, since you don't need an invite.[/QUOTE]
I'll check it out when I get home.

Thanks, mang.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I wouldn't bother with that size of an internal HDD for a laptop, if they're even out there.

Get a 3.5" internal 1 TB HDD and an enclosure and use it as an external. Then, when/if you get a desktop, you can take it out and put it in there.[/QUOTE]

Hmm. How exactly does an enclosure work? Is it just as it sounds?

Just FYI to rab and Brak, if you donate to what or waffles, your account will never be deleted. Very handy.

I only left my apartment today to get my paycheck, and I think I ran into every Juggalo moron in town on the way there and back. So glad to be home.

I don't know anything about enclosures, honestly. I'd google about brands or I'd get on with a lot of 5 star ratings on it.

I don't know about that HDD, by the way. 63% 5 stars seems pretty low to me.

Right now, I'm pissed that I no longer have the advanced account because they changed the rules and didn't retroactively grandfather me in.

Looks like I'll need to buy an external HDD if I want to update to Windows 7. :/

Guess I'll have to look for deals.

[quote name='Liquid 2']I don't know anything about enclosures, honestly. I'd google about brands or I'd get on with a lot of 5 star ratings on it.

I don't know about that HDD, by the way. 63% 5 stars seems pretty low to me.[/QUOTE]

Hah. I didn't even look at reviews :p

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Firefox just took a dump on me and took my PC with it...guess it's time to remove/reinstall this shit :bomb:[/QUOTE]

those fuc?ing g?dd?mn decepti?ns are at it again! :bomb:

I just found out that Pat Benatar, Blondie, and The Donnas are all playing together in my town this month.

I can't wait!

I wish external drives had an off switch. Or at least, the one I have.

That docking station looks like it would just be a good thing to have overall.

Which do you have?

I have a Segate Freeagent. Before that I had a WD one, but the cat tipped it over one day - it didn't fall from a high place or anything, just tipped on its side - and bam, it was dead. I lost 250GBs worth of TV shows. That had an off switch, but after something like that, there was no way I could buy another WD.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Which do you have?

I have a Segate Freeagent. Before that I had a WD one, but the cat tipped it over one day - it didn't fall from a high place or anything, just tipped on its side - and bam, it was dead. I lost 250GBs worth of TV shows. That had an off switch, but after something like that, there was no way I could buy another WD.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like the cat needs to make a visit to the local chinese eatery.

I have an enclosure for an IDE hard drive... not sure if it supports SATA... I bought it way back before enclosures and external drives had become commonplace (2002?) to hold a 40gb drive when I decided to part out my old desktop and build something for my parents. I've been thinking that 40gb would be better used back in the print server and the enclosure would actually get use as a external drive if I could find a cheap/large HDD (IDE) for it.

[quote name='zewone']I have a Simpletech. Works fine. It has a Hitachi drive in it. The other Simpletech I bought had a WD in it.[/QUOTE]

Bestbuy clearanced a bunch of simpletechs at at some point last year. A bunch of my coworkers bought them. Every single one failed and had to be RMA'ed. Granted, you can find people who swear by/have a horror story regarding just about every brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back