There can be only one OTT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn. I fell asleep at 1 this afternoon and slept until 6. And now I need to be up at 5 (~5.5 hours) to go to Philadelphia. I'm considering just staying up so I can maybe sleep on the plane. The last time I tried that, I was out for the entire flight from Scotland to London. Which wasn't long, but was still nice to be out pre-takeoff and wake up after landing.

This sound bar sounds like an interesting system -- is it easily wall mounted or something? Cause this could be a better solution than worrying about getting a receiver and all the speakers to go with.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']This sound bar sounds like an interesting system -- is it easily wall mounted or something? Cause this could be a better solution than worrying about getting a receiver and all the speakers to go with.[/QUOTE]

Easily wall mounted. Has two slots, use nails. Fits perfectly underneath a TV.

[quote name='Moxio']Yeah it looks pretty cool.

Is a "2 pack" for $250 a good deal?[/QUOTE]

I've only seen it cheaper during Christmas for $200.

Although I did get mine for much cheaper. :cool:

[quote name='seanr1221']So that Sony soundbar functions as your entire unit?

Might have to look into one of them when we move into the house :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

If you ever want to play Red Faction, we should do it this weekend. I won't have it after that.

[quote name='Moxio']Well you and Trakan split the $200 cost, right?[/QUOTE]

Sort of.

Basically, they only sent one, so they gave Trak 50% off ($126) and he sold it to me for cost plus shipping.

[quote name='zewone']If you want all those dumb ass speakers and wires, sure.[/QUOTE]
So a soundbar sounds just like a 5.1 system?

[quote name='zewone']If you want all those dumb ass speakers and wires, sure.[/QUOTE]

Does it sound good with music too? That subwoofer is pretty fucking big, looks like it can throw out some bass.

[quote name='Rocko']So a soundbar sounds just like a 5.1 system?[/QUOTE]

As close as you can get with the limitations of not actually being surrounded by sound. It does a great job emulating it and the bass from sub is superb. Not to mention that the receiver is built into the sub so it saves even more room.

Godamnit. My phone died while I was out, so when I got back to my grandmas house and charged my phone there was a bunch of angry text messages from my mom telling to call her, so I did and of course she didn't answer and now she is gonna call me in the morning and be all pissed off even though I told her my phone was about to die.

I've already set up the trade.

You'd really give up a 5.1 system for a soundbar? I think soundbars are more for people who want something better than their tv speakers but don't want to shell out the cash for a full 5.1 system.

Yes, that as well.

How much do you think you could get for your system? The soundbar is only $250. You make the big cheese, I'm sure you can afford it.

Going to a nerd wedding tomorrow. One of the Blizzard producers is getting married, and he even built the slideshow for the reception using a LBP level.

I feel like that would be a great thing to buy for college, because I don't want to take my 5.1 set with me.

I need to figure out what to do in the way of TVs, too.

[quote name='dcfox']Don't bother finishing PoP. It's really not worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but Mirror's Edge wasn't worth finishing, and you did it anyway.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Yeah, but Mirror's Edge wasn't worth finishing, and you did it anyway.[/QUOTE]

Mirror's Edge is better than PoP. And besides, I was already 2/3 of the way through. Would have been stupid to stop at that point.

[quote name='st0neface']That does look pretty good.

=========

So does the Spurs getting Jefferson and Blair for next to nothing make up for your early exit from the playoffs this year?[/QUOTE]Probably since they really need new blood but them getting their asses kicked 1-4 by the Mavs in the first round was kind of like really, really embarrassing.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']They did a review of this on NPR this morning. They loved it.

The real kick in the head? Transformers II will outsell this movie 1,000,000:1.[/QUOTE]I was thinking about this yesterday after being blown away at how people are eating Transformers 2 up. At first I thought it was the marketing blitz but robots blowing things up is just an easy sell for people. I was really annoyed when I compared how hard Paramount(?) is pushing Transformers and how Warner Bros held onto The Assassination of Jesse James nearly two years after shooting finished and then sent it out to die by only releasing it to a handful of theaters with no marketing behind it. I don't understand how they could do that. It had one of the best trailers I've ever seen(which they actually did attach to a fair amount of movies prior to release), it's one of the best movies released in the last 10 years and it starred Brad Pitt.

Well I found a use for my monitor while I find an hdmi->DVI adapter.

24m.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back