[Dead] EBGames $10 Bonus for ANY 2 Non-Sports Titles 01/30-02/27

Odibil

CAGiversary!
FAQ

Will they take duplicates?
YMMV; Most stores have not and will not take duplicates on the same transaction or even within the same day. Technically, duplicates are not excluded from any promotion, but it is general store policy.

Will they accept demos?
Most Demo/Jampack/Exhibition discs have been removed from this promotion altogether.

How does this credit thing work?
All store credit should be placed on an EB Edge card -- basically a debit card that can be used solely at EB -- unless your EB happens to use the old "keep-your-credit-receipt" method. With the Edge card, your credit can be used at all EB locations and be added to or withdrawn from. Using the old receipt method, your credit should still be usable at all locations, but should be kept in moderate temperature away from the sun to avoid laserjet paper damage.

The deal:

You will receive $10 extra trade-in credit for any two non-sports games you trade.

The ad scan:

adscan9sm.gif

The fine print:

**SPORTS GAMES EXCLUDED.
**$10 bonus IN ADDITION to regular trade in credit value. Customers may be responsible for sales tax in some states. Games require boxes and instructions. Exclusions apply. Cannot be combined with any other offer or discount. Offer valid: 01/30/05 - 02/27/05. All dates and prices subject to change. Offer not valid at www.ebgames.com. See sales associate for complete details.

YMMV; "Exclusions apply" might be the single biggest determining factor for this deal. I would like to assume that most stores will abide by the sports title exclusion only, but it is inevitable that some will infer the fine print as excluding all titles on the exclusion list. Also, the definition of a sports game may vary from store to store. Some may only exclude national sports such as football, basketball, or hockey. Other stores may exclude extreme sports such as skating, bmxing, or snowboarding.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio']been mentioned in several other threads already, but thanks anyhow[/quote]

Sorry, I did a search before posting but didn't come up with anything along these lines.

Mods, feel free to delete/lock if this is a repost. I can't find the original thread.

this is hot. i would like to turn my blockbuster dollars into ebgames credit to get a psp and now it will be easy :whistle2:D

[quote name='dracula']this is hot. i would like to turn my blockbuster dollars into ebgames credit to get a psp and now it will be easy :whistle2:D[/quote]

I know what you mean.

[quote name='Odibil']The point:

You will receive $10 extra trade-in credit for any two non-sports* games you trade..

* YMMV; The definition of a sports game may vary from store to store. Some may only exclude national sports such as football, basketball, or golf. Other stores may exclude extreme sports such as skating, bmxing, or snowboarding.

The story:

As I was getting rid of the last of my sports games -- from the "$10 Extra Trade for ANY 3 Games" -- the manager of my local EB informed me that, starting January 30th, a new "$10 Extra Trade for ANY 2 Games" deal would be introduced, excluding only sports titles.

I was only able to slightly glance at the promotional flyer, since the stack was tucked behind the counter for the next day, but I was able to read that the promotion only required TWO non-sports titles and had no other exclusions.[/quote]

this might be a nice way to dump off some TRU games i got. THe limit 2 per game. Trade in 2 Soul cal for 6 each 12+ 10 extra total 22... More then i would get for 2 games on ebay....

Good for you, Slidecage. You can do math. You seem to do it in nearly every post. We're proud for you.

Anyways, so this starts tomorrow? $10 extra for any two games? Is there a limit as to how many we can trade in at once (if you got a good enough look on the flier), because I've got some trades here that I could trade in and majorly, majorly profit off of.. wow.. that's nearly a $300 base credit.. woo need to talk to some of these people about this, if this deal is confirmed.

[quote name='TimTucker']If this one also includes demo discs, I'll be kicking myself for not waiting to trade in jampacks...[/quote]

Somehow I seriously doubt they'll take demos. However, there is some great fodder for this green-tagged at TRU, providing it actually is ANY non-sports game.

The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.

"Good for you, Slidecage. You can do math. You seem to do it in nearly every post. We're proud for you.

Anyways, so this starts tomorrow? $10 extra for any two games? Is there a limit as to how many we can trade in at once (if you got a good enough look on the flier), because I've got some trades here that I could trade in and majorly, majorly profit off of.. wow.. that's nearly a $300 base credit.. woo need to talk to some of these people about this, if this deal is confirmed. "

I see your still a dick,scorch.

[quote name='Shadows916']"Good for you, Slidecage. You can do math. You seem to do it in nearly every post. We're proud for you.

Anyways, so this starts tomorrow? $10 extra for any two games? Is there a limit as to how many we can trade in at once (if you got a good enough look on the flier), because I've got some trades here that I could trade in and majorly, majorly profit off of.. wow.. that's nearly a $300 base credit.. woo need to talk to some of these people about this, if this deal is confirmed. "

I see your still a dick,scorch.[/quote]

Not really. But thanks for adding so much to the post. Oh wait, you didn't. Who are you, anyways? I appreciate you coming out and calling me a dick based on one comment when you don't even know me. I pick on Slidecage because.. well, he's like a sitting duck. It's all in good fun.

So, now, here we are.. the "trade 2 get an extra $10" is only for the decent stuff. Well, I guess if you have newer games you want to get rid of, it'd be great.

actully, just about every post i come across from you is thread crapping,flamming, or slamming someone and/or what they post.

[quote name='lordopus99']The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.[/quote]

If its only for non-excluded games, then its not that hot of a deal. I was getting $12.50 for cheap but not excluded games by doing the 2 games plus $25 to buy Mercenaries etc. then returning the purchased game for store credit. Most of the games I traded in were for $2-3 bucks . . . so getting $7 or $8 (for Mafia, Tenchu, Xenosaga is so-so to me).

Turns out that I was screwing with EA because they were sponsoring the promotion with EBGames. So, the bump up in value that I got in late Dec. and January was out of EA's pocket :twisted:

[quote name='lordopus99']The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.[/quote]

WRONG. there are no exclusions besides sports games. read the fine print buddy. i saw the flyer yesterday, and i'd be shocked if this varied by region.

awesome, now I can trade in 2 old games for 12 dollars! -_-.

I still think online is the best trading place, if you are looking for games instead of money.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='lordopus99']The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.[/quote]

WRONG. there are no exclusions besides sports games. read the fine print buddy. i saw the flyer yesterday, and i'd be shocked if this varied by region.[/quote]
He actually works at EB so I'm going with what he says.

I didn't see a flyer, but I just came back from trading two excluded games. Traded in Haven and Maximo for $11 store credit with no problems.

Can anybody give me a rough idea of condition EB looks for. Since their prices usually suck Ive never traded there but if this is as good as its seeming, I just may.

[quote name='supadupacheap']Can anybody give me a rough idea of condition EB looks for. Since their prices usually suck Ive never traded there but if this is as good as its seeming, I just may.[/quote]

well, they prefer the conditions to be complete, but if you trade in 4 games, and 3 are complete, and one is disc only, they will probably be OK with that. as for conditions, some stores make a point to NOT check the discs. Other stores will always check the disc so YMMV on that

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='lordopus99']The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.[/quote]

WRONG. there are no exclusions besides sports games. read the fine print buddy. i saw the flyer yesterday, and i'd be shocked if this varied by region.[/quote]
He actually works at EB so I'm going with what he says.[/quote]

Just traded 6 games (three were excluded titles) and got an extra $30.00. They told me the sports titles that don't count are just Football, Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and Wrestling. I guess NASCAR, Soccer and other sports are okay.

Just got back from a quick trip to EB to test the waters.

2for102en.gif

I should be back within the week to unload the rest of my junk.

I did see the flyer . . . it does say "exclusions apply" which is open to interpretation so I bet this will be a bit of a YMMV situation. But if the computer system doesn't recognize the POX games as excluded then it should be easier.

On BF when I did the system and 5 games tradein . . . the flyer didn't mention exclusions but the system excluded POX games and it took a lot of work for me to get the deal to work.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Arc the lad and Metal Gear Solid 2 traded 2 bucks each? weak...[/quote]

$2 each, before the minimum $10 bonus for every 2 games you trade in. The promotion gives each game a $5 bonus, so they traded in at $7 a piece (the price on the right of the receipt.)

In my area, EBGames has the worst trade-in offers...

They offered less than a dollar for Metroid Prime, while the Gamestop just down the corner offered $7! I don't think this deal will really benefit most people much.. Gamestop and GameRush tend to have better offers.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Anyone know if you get the credit put onto your Edge card, will you be able to use it to place an order online?[/quote]

If you get the giftcard with the PIN number, it MUST have a scratch and reveal area on it. Then you may use it online. Dont listen to employees cause they are f'cking idiots. Most atleast.

Hmmm... My Game Crazy has buy 2 get 1 free on games under $5... So spending $20 on some old, crappy games then trading them in for ~$30 would be nice, especially since I already have some credit on my Edge card o_o

[quote name='yeldarb367'][quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='lordopus99']The deal is trade in any 2 PS2/XB/GC games get an extra 10. All exclusions apply... no demos, no cheap titles(MGS2, GT3,...). As for duplicates, its all YMMV. In my district, we have been told to not take duplicates.[/quote]

He actually works at EB so I'm going with what he says.[/quote]

i work at eb too.

as of Day 1, exclusions do not apply. At my store, everything worked but sports titles even crappy titles such as Orphan. It might get fixed but who knows.

the guy at my eb said the fine print "exclusions apply" is just referring to the excluded sports titles. worked great for me and a racing game worked.

this is VERY weak. I could have gotten an extra 10 bucks if I'd only waited to trade in now instead of during the trade in any 3 games. But if it says exclusions apply, its only a matter of time before exclusions really do apply. All it takes is a call from EB HQ to tell the stores that they should tell the customers that "Exlcusions apply" means that the excluded games are excluded.

Still, I coulda gotten an extra 10 bucks. Lame. Not cool. Totally Lame.

Do they make you spend the store credit right away for can you save it? I have never traded into EB before but I might get rid of some games to get enough for Mario Kart DS.

[quote name='minqqq']the guy at my eb said the fine print "exclusions apply" is just referring to the excluded sports titles. worked great for me and a racing game worked.[/quote]

Yay! Racing game worked! Which one though? I'm looking to unload Legend of Legaia 2, Gran Turismo 3, Midnight Club and Castle Shikigami.

I wouldn't be surprised to see EB change the inner workings of this deal however.

bread's done
Back