[Dead] EBGames $10 Bonus for ANY 2 Non-Sports Titles 01/30-02/27

If anyone is interested, I traded in a bunch of games under this deal and here's the prices I got back (everything is Xbox except Crash for GC which I got for free with the GGC glitch @ BB):

Ghost Recon 2 - $25 + 5 = 30
Ghost Redcon 1 - $2 + 5 = 7
Crash Wrath Cortex - $3 +5 = 8
Alter Echo - $0.75 + $5 = 5.75
Xbox Exhibition Vol 1 $0.25 + 5 = 5.25
Outlaw Volleball = $2 + 5 =7
Megaman Network = $2 + 5 = 7
Metal Gear Substance = 2 + 5 = 7

Total is $77. Now I just need the B2G1 free deal to kick in so I can get RE4, MP2 & KOTOR II

I plan on making a trip over to EB, probably tomorrow. Hopefully, I can build up at least $50, just so I can grab up a new game...

[quote name='mick16']If anyone is interested, I traded in a bunch of games under this deal and here's the prices I got back (everything is Xbox except Crash for GC which I got for free with the GGC glitch @ BB):

Ghost Recon 2 - $25 + 5 = 30
Ghost Redcon 1 - $2 + 5 = 7
Crash Wrath Cortex - $3 +5 = 8
Alter Echo - $0.75 + $5 = 7
Xbox Exhibition Vol 1 $0.25 + 5 = 5.25
Outlaw Volleball = $2 + 5 =7
Megaman Network = $2 + 5 = 7
Metal Gear Substance = 2 + 5 = 7

Total is $77. Now I just need the B2G1 free deal to kick in so I can get RE4, MP2 & KOTOR II[/quote]

Megaman Network? Do GBA games work with this deal?

This deal is amazing. Definitely worth the your time. Today...

Brought in:

Turok (Xbox) $1.57 from TRU
(Xbox) Demo with extra Splinter Cell levels $1.05 from BB a LONG time ago.
2 $0.01 Jampacks

Total Cost to me: $2.64
Total EB Credit: $20.95

:)

I also just bought 8 (4 + 4) jampacks from overstock for $10.15 which will get me $40 in credit. I bought a few xbox turoks from TRU to trade-in as well. This is definitely worth trading some of that garbage stuff you have...or even pick up super cheap games and get some decent credit for them. I'm trying to spend as little as possible and get the most in credit for it.

will I be able to trade:

Exibition 5
Genma onimusha
Bruteforce
Jedi academy
mechassault

for around 30?

also are there any exclusions except sports games? cuase there is a TRU and I really want SC:pT nad NBA street v3

EDIT, should be able to do after the call.

[quote name='Blues']I would try to find one more to get that extra $10. And yes, I traded in 10 games today with no problem.[/quote]

Im thinking that if I buy 5 games from tru at a maximum of 7 and add my 5 thats 10 and if I can get at least 60... then I could get NBA street v3 and SC:pT.

I got about $95 in credit with my trade-ins and 9 of them were cheap games (including Brute Force and Mechassault), and the tenth one was Fable.

I got RE4 and Viewtiful Joe 2 and $8 on a card.

Here are some games I hope I can trade in:

Jampack Winter 2003
Rogue Ops
Turok: Evolution
Midnight Club
Gungrave
Kessen
No One Lives Forever

Trading in 6 gives $30 + whatever each game is worth. I'll probably head to TRU first, check out what $10 - 90% games they have, (Mojo, Mad Maestro) and get those, and trade them in first. Gotta love trading in games that you don't play so easily to get a game you want to play.

Just an FYI for anyone thinking to head to EB first...I've found Gamestop gives much better prices overall when you factor in their "trade 3 get an extra $10" promotion. Reason being many of their trade-in prices are pretty good to begin with. For instance, before any kind of promotion is factored in Gamestop gives the following:

Whiplash XB - $7
Bloodrayne XB - $8
Freekstyle GC - $7
Crash GC - $8

Add in another $3.33 and you're doing pretty well there. Certainly a lot better than the $5.50-$6 you'd get at EB for them after their promotion. However, for a bunch of even older games, the EB deal wins out. This is just an FYI to check Gamestop first before you think the EB deal is a no brainer.

Yeah, that's true if you plan in trading in newer games, but with old ones, this deal wins easily. Especially if you spend $2 and change on two games at TRU!

So to jampacks count towards the 2 for 10, because CC has tons of them at a penny each, i could in theory get crisis zone ($60) for .12 plus tax?

I guess that would be a good idea in case they say anything about exclusions. You could show them the non-sports game part.

Has anyone been able to trade in Midnight Club? I'm guessing that doesn't count as a sport, but you never know.

I've never traded in games before so I'm a little confused. Can we trade in any non-sporta crap as long as it's for the GC,PS2, or Xbox, or do they have standards about what they'll take? I'd hate to buy irreturnable clearence crap to find out that I have to keep it.

To Pierre, I got this from earlier in this thread, and online:

February VOM: $10 bonus trade-in for 6 non-sport PS2/XB/GC (new) Active: Now - 2/27/2005
Trade-in 6 pre-played PS2/XB/GC non-sport video games and receive $5.00 dollars bonus trade-in value for each game. (Total of $30) Game boxes and instructions are required. No non-sport titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. No substitutions will be made. Typographical errors are not the responsibility of EB Games. Offer not valid on EBGames.com. See sales associate for complete details. No rain checks will be issued. Not valid on previous purchases. Sport themes not valid in offer: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Wrestling. Trade-in items must be submitted in "2"s to receive bonus dollars. Bonus will not be given to a 7th game.

So racing is a go, and anything else. I guess Jampacks is YMMV, but if the computer is ringing it in, it must work everywhere.

this is a great deal. I'm thinking about picking up some jampacks just for this along with some old games I have. Has anyone been denied trading in Jampacks? I scanned the whole thread and it seems that several people are able to do it.

Jampacks work according to the computer but getting the employees to scan them is another. I was turned down the first time, went to another store and the guy scanned it. My advice: go when it's a younger person working at the counter.

And to the people who plan to trade in 50 or more games, please do it moderately and if you can spread it around to different stores. Just looking out for regular customers who might go in looking for games but only finding shelves full of 10 copies of Turok, etc.

I traded in 16 Turok:Evos at two stores for $84 credit.. got PS2 Vampire Night for my girlfriend (the game was still sealed!), Dragon's Lair for GC, and Atari Anthology for XBox for me, a discount card sub, all with $8 left. One store I traded in six, the rest at another, just did separate transactions per every 2. Nice guys. ;)

God bless 90%. I think another round of this is in order... $1 eJay Clubworlds? OK fine by me! $1 each, get $1 in trade + $10 = $10 profit. :D

This upcoming sale (B&M) will most likely be a bust because of the insane TRU deal going on. I went in last week there were no turoks, this week there's already 5 copies of it on the shelves. Although I'm guilty of adding to the count - traded a copy of it at the same store. Guess I'll have to wait to spend my credit.

Traded in 12 TRU games I got for $20.40

Ended up with $75.25 in credit

A nice $54.85 made :)

With this deal and the last deal trade 3 get $10 I have about $200 in credit + I got a copy of Starfox Assault (GC) pre-ordered.

With these games and free TRU games from the magic coupon my total expense out of pocket so far has been $27.74!!!!! :shock:
I might try to pick up some more TRU 90% off games as well.

:):):):):):):):):):)

[quote name='help1']should I get SC:pT? does any1 play online?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Pandora is still heavily populated.

[quote name='Rig'][quote name='help1']should I get SC:pT? does any1 play online?[/quote]

I'm pretty sure Pandora is still heavily populated.[/quote]

is it fun? should I get it new or used?

[quote name='AsianStyle']I need a quick reply, does eb care about doubles of games??[/quote]

This usually depends on the person working at the time.

need quick help also, will they take a demo disk with no case? all aother games have them.. also, does any1 who has SC:pT and has played it recently, is it worth the `10 dollar i will spend? Is the XBL crew still big? Has any1 played nba street v3? I am also getting that.

Anyone know how much they usually pay, before bonus, for $19.99 titles like PGR2, Rallisport Challenge, LOTR: TTT. IE is it a good deal with the bonus or is the deal only good for trading in total crap....

What is this sports trade in deal you speak of?

I just got into the whole working the system thing a few months ago. So I don't know about all of the annual/semi-annual trade ins they have.

There were TONS of sports games at my TRU just a few mins ago.

I got out with a ton of games and traded at EB. Then I checked my receipt at TRU a bit later and they messed up on the Devil May Cry green tags. Asked for a refund to the proper amount and they messed up again and I got extra money back.

So what is this sports trade in?

Also, thanks a go-ba-jillion CAGers. You've saved me a ton of money. Too bad I didn't start working the system earlier. *feels ashamed though*

On a side note. What the hell is EB doing with all these games? What do they want them for? Are they trying to build a giant castle of games? Or a space station? Maybe they just want to recycle the plastic. I donno.

There is no sports trade in. Those are excluded.

I traded in:

Kessen
Turok
Midnight Club
Rogue Ops
Primal (got for $1.50 at TRU)
No One Lives Forever

$34 credit baby....going to go back for more games.

[quote name='Wario64']Do I have to print this ad to get in this deal?[/quote]

Nah. They have a bunch of ads in the store as well. Well, at least at mine they did.

bread's done
Back