[Dead] EBGames $10 Bonus for ANY 2 Non-Sports Titles 01/30-02/27

[quote name='Ace!']the manager at the one I went to said there was no limit on how many you could trade in for the extra $10. I traded in 6 and got 43.50 credit.

values:
black and bruised(PS2) $2.00
Gladius(GC) $3.00
Eternal Darkness(GC) $1.50
ICO(PS2) $2.00
Parappa 2 (PS2) 2.00[/quote]

Friggin awesome. I'm gonna go there in like 10 minutes, get the Devil May Cry 3 deal, and then get like $100 off of the bonus alone. I don't really care how much I get paid for the actual games if I'm getting that much in bonus money. Either way, I'm gonna be payin a lot less for games for a little while.

You guys think we'll ever see such a deal ever again? This is the first time I've seen EB's trade 2 get $10 extra. Combined with the TRU sale, this will have to be a deal of the year for 2005.

Dang. I may be better off just trading in my two ED's to Gamerush, as they MSRP is 20, and they'll give me like 7-8 for it I think...

1.50 + 1.50 = 3... + 10 would be 13.

If GR gives me 7-8, I'd have more than 13, so, how much do you get for R:Racing Evolution and Universal Studios?

I was thinking about doing this deal, but, for some games it would just be better to go to another place to trade in my TRU games.

Strange experience today at an Ebgames. I had traded in a few xbox demos and VF4's earlier in the day and managed to pickup a bunch more demos and cheap fodder later in the day. Since I didn't want to go back to the same place so soon, I went to another Ebgames nearby. They were cordial but upfront warned me that the demos and the gamesI brought in (a Cabela Dangerous Hunts) probably wouldn't work but were willing to scan them anyway. The guy scanned them in and the total came out as -$4.70... so I guess i would had to have paid them to take them ;). Needless to say, I left and went back to the first place and they cheerfully scanned them in for a cool $31 in credit plus change. Still, I never had a negative total come up before.

Has anyone traded in a game with no official case for this deal? I have Tribes Aerial Assault with instructions, but no real case and I hate that game. I have a generic black case to put it in, I hope they take it.

I went to EB today with 6 games and the manager said the only way I could get the bonus credit was if I placed a pre-order right then at the store. He said the point of the promotion was to get pre-orders and was not to build up credit as people were doing (it was only my 2nd time trading in at that store and I only traded in 2 games last time).

I tried to argue but he wouldn't do the bonus without me pre-ordering so I took the games back. Anyone else run into this problem?

YoshiFan1, they are lieing to you.

The only problem I ran into goes like this, all the EB Games in the area are telling me that they only take one title at a time, no duplicates.

The night before I found this out, I was able to trade in two Primals. So, tomorrow I'm going to try a Primal and an EQ Adventure.

I thought so since the fine print said nothing about pre-ordering but I really wasn't sure what to do. I could have stood there and argued but I didn't think it would do any good so I just left. I might try again when someone else is there but that one manager always seems to be there.

The fine print of the terms online says "See sales associate for complete details. ", so I guess he will just say that is part of the deal that I have to pre-order.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Hey guys, how many of your EB's are taking duplicates, just tell me yes or no. Thanks![/quote]

yes, through another transaction with another game to pair with.

Okay, my mystery solved.

For some reason, Spy Hunter PS2, GH version at least, is NOT part of this deal. Two different EBs, and literally everything else has worked, so that's it. My issue (a couple pages back) was that Mad Maestro and Spy Hunter didn't ring up as part of the deal. I tried again today with several other games, and Maestro worked but Spy Hunter just plain never did. So, beware of that one. Shame that's the one I paid $8 for last year, and not a $1 TRU game I can return.

Two more values:
Red Faction 2 PS2: $2 TRU/$3 at EB (best profit from a TRU game for me)
Road Trip PS2: $1 TRU/0.75 EB

I did some math... my totals:
$35.04 spent at TRU
$134.25 total EB credit from those games
=a cool hundred bucks. Not bad!

Three trips to TRU and three trips to EB, never bought more than one of each game per visit, tried to give other people a chance...

wired..

red faction and a couple others do not get bonus credit in my eb. I am sure it is not a manager's thing since the computer system automatically gives me $5 bonus for other games, but not for those.

Anyway I traded in 20 cheap games...

[quote name='gamefreak117'][quote name='alfonsosoriano']Hey guys, how many of your EB's are taking duplicates, just tell me yes or no. Thanks![/quote]

yes, through another transaction with another game to pair with.[/quote]

So then you're answer to my question would be no.

[quote name='Chacrana'][quote name='Ace!']the manager at the one I went to said there was no limit on how many you could trade in for the extra $10. I traded in 6 and got 43.50 credit.

values:
black and bruised(PS2) $2.00
Gladius(GC) $3.00
Eternal Darkness(GC) $1.50
ICO(PS2) $2.00
Parappa 2 (PS2) 2.00[/quote]

Friggin awesome. I'm gonna go there in like 10 minutes, get the Devil May Cry 3 deal, and then get like $100 off of the bonus alone. I don't really care how much I get paid for the actual games if I'm getting that much in bonus money. Either way, I'm gonna be payin a lot less for games for a little while.[/quote]

Okay, I just got back. Now, I have Devil May Cry preordered so I don't have to pay anything for that and I have $130 of store credit. Very cool.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I went to EB today with 6 games and the manager said the only way I could get the bonus credit was if I placed a pre-order right then at the store. He said the point of the promotion was to get pre-orders and was not to build up credit as people were doing (it was only my 2nd time trading in at that store and I only traded in 2 games last time).

I tried to argue but he wouldn't do the bonus without me pre-ordering so I took the games back. Anyone else run into this problem?[/quote]

That's a flat lie. Ask to talk to his DM. It doesn't say pre-order ANYWHERE in any of the print.

Dave

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Hey guys, how many of your EB's are taking duplicates, just tell me yes or no. Thanks![/quote]

It all depends on who you get. I was talking to an employee at TRU and a kid thought I was asking for information about a game (I was just talking about which were greentags though), so he came over to offer any help, saying that he works at EB (I told him I was just asking about prices). So I took the opportunity and asked him about exclusions and multiples. He said only sports are excluded and that his store does not consider Wrestling titles as sports (he said pretty much only things with a year/date on it were sports). And he said that himself and another big guy who work there will take as many of a game as you can bring in (2, 5, 10, etc.) But he said the manager will only take one copy. So just try and figure out the ins and outs of your store and it's employees.

since this morning ive gotten $160 on my edge card, and i still have 2 giant stacks of games to trade in....ds here i come XoD

when i get all my games traded in ill make up a list of what i traded and what i paid for them, it will be an amazing list....

Lucky punq...I've made $34 so far, I picked up 3 Primal's today though, going to trade it in with Gungrave. Hopefully they take all three Primals. Still gotta get back to my other TRU, and one other.

I got around 50 games total from TRU (roughly $130 spent) on about 4 trips the last few days. Seems like they restocked everyday.

So far I've traded in around 40 in about 3 visits. I'm pretty sure the manager doesn't like me, he gives me the evil eye. :evil:

[quote name='hbkid10x']I got around 50 games total from TRU (roughly $130 spent) on about 4 trips the last few days. Seems like they restocked everyday.

So far I've traded in around 40 in about 3 visits. I'm pretty sure the manager doesn't like me, he gives me the evil eye. :evil:

[quote name='FFMooglestar']Any chance of EB taking a couple Price of Persia Sands Of Time PS2 demos?[/quote]

I think it's pretty slim. Maybe if it was released in a plastic case like the jampacks etc.

[quote name='cyberlian'][quote name='PhrostByte'][quote name='cyberlian']Could someone tell me what to do with everquest online adventures (leave it wrapped?, open it?, will eb take it as part of this trade?, will they take it if it is open?) it says: "not valid for purchase if opened. Not for resale by prior owner."[/quote]

Here's what I did with mine.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8168849946

:lol:[/quote]

Do you think eb even takes these games?[/quote]

They didn't take my EQOA cuz it's "an online game" and of course I wouldn't try trading in nfl 2k3 cuz it's a sports title.

does the system do this deal automaticly? (i.e. if they say it won't work with jampacks could I ask to trade them in anyway and automaticly get the extra $5?)

I will 2nd Spy Hunter PS2 not being part of this deal. I tried trading in the original, non-GH version, and it would absolutely not ring up with the promotion. The cashier tried it with one other game, then 3 other games. Even tried a different register. No go on Spy Hunter. We should compile a list of games that aren't part of the promo.

[quote name='hbkid10x']

[quote name='schultzed'][quote name='hbkid10x']

The Everquest Of PS (whatever it's called, that's what's on the receipt) traded at EB just fine. The cashier said they couldn't take it, because it was online, but I asked her to give it a try. Base price was $1, but it cost $3.30 at TRU, so that was the worst return-on-investment for me.

They took a bunch of primals at my EBgames, manager said, take any extras ;)

Also no problem with jampacks or anything, now I wish I would have picked up more of the 80 cent jam packs at TRU.

I went back today and they were all gone. Good news is that the shelf was restocked with primals and turok hahaha.

Working my way to pay off my psp and hopefully a game.

Mine wouldn't duplicates either, but I'm just gonna make multiple trips in order to get rid of all my Xbox Exibition discs. I'll trade one Exibition with one other game till they're all gone.

[quote name='PhrostByte']If I had a guarantee that one of the ebgames in my area took multiples.. I would make about $2000 very quickly...[/quote]

Mine took multiples and didn't really care. I'd go for it.

Anyway, I gotta question about the EBGames Edge card. it says there's like a value added sticker you can get. Anyone know anything about that?

Also, I might raid a TRU or my friends' houses to find some games I can get dirt cheap. Then I'll sell em off and make some cash

$5 for a sticker that gets you an extry 10% off preowned stuff. Good for a full year. i think it pretty much stacks with everything and works online, too.

picked one up today

[quote name='DenisDFat']$5 for a sticker that gets you an extry 10% off preowned stuff. Good for a full year. i think it pretty much stacks with everything and works online, too.

picked one up today[/quote]

Hmm... well I don't buy used games so it won't do me any good... thanks for the info though...

Anyway, I dug up another 6 games so that means another $30-40. Awesome. I've also got a lot of Dreamcast and PS1 games to get rid of but I don't know if I'll get anything for those. I have a copy of Grandia 1 to sell but I dunno... might get ripped off.

Well I traded like a few of the same game and the manager said to the cashier "don't accept duplications anymore" after he put in my credit. I'm thinking typical.

Anyways the people over there always give me this shady kinda "aura". Ever since this trouble with the PSTwo, the employees been shady to my family. I remember my brother and I walked in and the two employees just stop talking and one of the guys turn to say hi/welcome whatever, but until he saw me he just shut his mouth and they stayed quiet the entire time.

Edit: Oh yea they did accept one of my jampacks =T I don't think that helps. And this was at the MOA EB.

People should be aware of this:

I went to trade in 1 summer 2003 jampack and 1 xbox exhibition demo disc and the cashier at EB said that they don't accept those anymore. I was a little annoyed because that was my first time but I was like "whatever, no big deal" and started to pick up my games and ready to leave when the cashier was like "so how much did you get these at TRU?" I was like "what? oh.. um.. $1 or so"

Then I realized that he knew about the trade-in "scams" going on and asked how he knew. He told me that corporate knows about TRU and CAG or something and now they're going to enforce that they won't accept jampacks or duplicates. Of course, that's a YMMV on the cashier, but you'll never know =/

for those of you who have still wrapped games to trade in, how many unwrap it before you bring it in to trade?

[quote name='io']I'm looking to pad my TRU trades with a few old DVD's. Does anyone have any idea what they give for DVD's (I KNOW they aren't part of the deal - just want to know what kind of base prices they have)? I have been bringing them to Gamerush and pretty much getting $5 for everything (no new releases - just kids stuff or older movies like Thomas the Tank Engine, TMNT and Ghostbusters). Anybody know what DVD's like that would fetch at EB? Do they even accept them for credit? If they're only going to give me $1 I'll save them for Gamerush. If no one knows I'll bring 'em in tomorrow (too late to call now) and let you know.

[/quote]

Well, in case anyone is interested, they quoted me $3 for Ghostbusters DVD and $2.60 or something for the Thomas Tank Engine (TV series) DVD that I had with me when I brought 6 more games in today. Since Blockbuster will give me $5 each for those I think I'll save them for Gamerush credit.

I had built up $95 with the TRU games and decided to pick up a PS2 since they finally had them in stock again. Still had to shell out cash for the difference - which felt wrong some how :)

I guess I could have taken my chances and waited until I traded everything in, but my wife is getting annoyed with all the trips to the mall (and how many guys can say that!). I will probably still get the DS for another $50 outlay when it is all said and done. I guess a PS2 and a DS for about $140 (including TRU purchases) isn't too bad.

[quote name='Timothyx']for those of you who have still wrapped games to trade in, how many unwrap it before you bring it in to trade?[/quote]

Unwrap them before trading them in.

It's pretty infrequent if ever. They'll probably never run this promotion ever again.

Trading a bunch of jampacks is kind of lame since no one ever really buys them, but if EB allows them it's their own fault. As for the other cheap games, people do actually buy them (usually parents with younger kids who don't want to spend more than $10 on a game).

Yesterday I went to trade in 4 games at EB. After the transaction as I was leaving I heard one employee ask the other guy my name. I guess someone must have traded in a bunch of crap there; luckily it was my first time there so it didn't bad about it. So it seems EB and most likely Gamestop also knows about the sale, etc.

[quote name='oper00']People should be aware of this:

I went to trade in 1 summer 2003 jampack and 1 xbox exhibition demo disc and the cashier at EB said that they don't accept those anymore. I was a little annoyed because that was my first time but I was like "whatever, no big deal" and started to pick up my games and ready to leave when the cashier was like "so how much did you get these at TRU?" I was like "what? oh.. um.. $1 or so"

Then I realized that he knew about the trade-in "scams" going on and asked how he knew. He told me that corporate knows about TRU and CAG or something and now they're going to enforce that they won't accept jampacks or duplicates. Of course, that's a YMMV on the cashier, but you'll never know =/[/quote]

I wouldn't be surprised. I traded in six games yesterday including 3 different demos and jampacks and the manager (in a friendly way mind you) made some comment to the cashier along the lines of "that's what they're worried about" but seemed amused and they accepted them without any problems and set the demos aside into a different pile.

I'll try it out later this week, I still a few more demos but fortunately I unloaded almost all of them earlier in anticipation of something like this.

I brought in 12 games yesterday.
They clerk wasn't exactly thrilled to take my Britney's Dance Beat and Summer Heat Volleyball (and give me $6 & $7 each for them), but he did it.
Picked up Street 3 and Norrath 2.

[quote name='Timothyx']for those of you who have still wrapped games to trade in, how many unwrap it before you bring it in to trade?[/quote]

I've traded in 66 games in the last three days. The only ones that weren't wrapped were some used 'State of Emergency' copies I got from selling a couple of wrestling games that were excluded as sports titles. Turned out that GameDude (store in North Hollywood, not the CAG) was paying $6 for one and $4 for the other and they were selling SOE for $2 each. So even the exclusions contributed to my bounty.

None of the stores cared if the games were wrapped. Several even felt it was a bonus since customers like getting a pre-played game that is actually new.

[quote name='jngx80']It's pretty infrequent if ever. They'll probably never run this promotion ever again.

Trading a bunch of jampacks is kind of lame since no one ever really buys them, but if EB allows them it's their own fault. As for the other cheap games, people do actually buy them (usually parents with younger kids who don't want to spend more than $10 on a game).

Yesterday I went to trade in 4 games at EB. After the transaction as I was leaving I heard one employee ask the other guy my name. I guess someone must have traded in a bunch of crap there; luckily it was my first time there so it didn't bad about it. So it seems EB and most likely Gamestop also knows about the sale, etc.[/quote]

The only reason they don't move more used Jam Packs is that they grossly overcharge for them. $4.99 is the same price most retailers cut them too new when they're no longer the latest release. In fact, many retailers already have the most current one at $4.99. Which makes me wonder what the margins are on those things.

In any case, EB has no excuse for charging more than $2 for something they acquired for a quarter. An 800% markup is pretty generous.

bread's done
Back