[Dead] EBGames $10 Bonus for ANY 2 Non-Sports Titles 01/30-02/27

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Do they make you spend the store credit right away for can you save it? I have never traded into EB before but I might get rid of some games to get enough for Mario Kart DS.[/quote]

You can take it on a gift card . . . make sure to get one with a pin number on the back and you can use it online as well.

I have $135 on a card right now (from trading in about $15 worth of TRU "magic" coupon games).

[quote name='gmzone'][quote name='minqqq']the guy at my eb said the fine print "exclusions apply" is just referring to the excluded sports titles. worked great for me and a racing game worked.[/quote]

Yay! Racing game worked! Which one though? I'm looking to unload Legend of Legaia 2, Gran Turismo 3, Midnight Club and Castle Shikigami.

I wouldn't be surprised to see EB change the inner workings of this deal however.[/quote]

i used racing evolution for ps2, worked like a charm.
sidenote: finally i'm no longer a newbie!

This would be a good way to pick up a Street Fighter II PS2 controller considering it's only $14.99, in exchange for a couple TRU games

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']this is VERY weak. I could have gotten an extra 10 bucks if I'd only waited to trade in now instead of during the trade in any 3 games. But if it says exclusions apply, its only a matter of time before exclusions really do apply. All it takes is a call from EB HQ to tell the stores that they should tell the customers that "Exlcusions apply" means that the excluded games are excluded.

Still, I coulda gotten an extra 10 bucks. Lame. Not cool. Totally Lame.[/quote]

I know what you mean... but I believe I got it worse. I could have probubly gotten $30 extra had I waited :cry: . Why !?

Jampacks works. I couldn't go to EB today because of Homework, so since my dad was going out anyways, I asked to to trade some things in for me. I gave him 3 Jampacks. I thought the trade in 3 get xtra 10 was still going on. However, the receipt shows this promotion. So basically, I could of just traded in 2 jampacks and gotten 10.50.

The receipt says promo #3327 and this was in Tallahassee.

[quote name='Odibil'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Arc the lad and Metal Gear Solid 2 traded 2 bucks each? weak...[/quote]

$2 each, before the minimum $10 bonus for every 2 games you trade in. The promotion gives each game a $5 bonus, so they traded in at $7 a piece (the price on the right of the receipt.)[/quote]

Whaaaat? Where does it say they give you an extra 5 dollars? And what would be some good trade in fodder? I don't really have any good games to trade away right now.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Odibil'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Arc the lad and Metal Gear Solid 2 traded 2 bucks each? weak...[/quote]

$2 each, before the minimum $10 bonus for every 2 games you trade in. The promotion gives each game a $5 bonus, so they traded in at $7 a piece (the price on the right of the receipt.)[/quote]

Whaaaat? Where does it say they give you an extra 5 dollars? And what would be some good trade in fodder? I don't really have any good games to trade away right now.[/quote]

It's the $10 split between the two trade-ins, hence an extra $5 on each game. Gamestop does the same thing when they have an extra $10 per X number of games.

[quote name='suko_32']Jampacks works. I couldn't go to EB today because of Homework, so since my dad was going out anyways, I asked to to trade some things in for me. I gave him 3 Jampacks. I thought the trade in 3 get xtra 10 was still going on. However, the receipt shows this promotion. So basically, I could of just traded in 2 jampacks and gotten 10.50.

The receipt says promo #3327 and this was in Tallahassee.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming it.

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell'][quote name='Mr. Anderson'][quote name='Odibil'][quote name='Mishimaryu']Arc the lad and Metal Gear Solid 2 traded 2 bucks each? weak...[/quote]

Whaaaat? Where does it say they give you an extra 5 dollars? And what would be some good trade in fodder? I don't really have any good games to trade away right now.[/quote]

It's the $10 split between the two trade-ins, hence an extra $5 on each game. Gamestop does the same thing when they have an extra $10 per X number of games.[/quote]

Ooooh, I see. Thanks for clearing that up. Still intrested in knowing of any good trade fodder. Help appreciated!

Yeah!- That 3$ copy of Culdcept IS going to contribute to my PSP! (insert wheezy Scooby laugh).

Lesse, that, and the jampack I've had sitting here as crap fodder for 2 years! Sweat. Finally got fed up with this Cag/Crack pile of games that build up purely because I feel compelled to buy any game less than 10$ (which then remains shrink wrapped until now, since I never actually have the time to play them), and I cleaned that up today. If the promo doesn't change, there goes 20+ to EB tomorrow.

-K

[quote name='masha'][quote name='suko_32']Jampacks works. I couldn't go to EB today because of Homework, so since my dad was going out anyways, I asked to to trade some things in for me. I gave him 3 Jampacks. I thought the trade in 3 get xtra 10 was still going on. However, the receipt shows this promotion. So basically, I could of just traded in 2 jampacks and gotten 10.50.

The receipt says promo #3327 and this was in Tallahassee.[/quote]

Thanks for confirming it.[/quote]

No problem, I was very surprised when I looked at the receipt. This would be even better than the trade in 3 get 10 extra for jampacks. Too bad I have no more left.

[quote name='starboyk']Yeah!- That 3$ copy of Culdcept IS going to contribute to my PSP! (insert wheezy Scooby laugh).

Lesse, that, and the jampack I've had sitting here as crap fodder for 2 years! Sweat. Finally got fed up with this Cag/Crack pile of games that build up purely because I feel compelled to buy any game less than 10$ (which then remains shrink wrapped until now, since I never actually have the time to play them), and I cleaned that up today. If the promo doesn't change, there goes 20+ to EB tomorrow.

-K[/quote]

Consider selling that copy of Culdcept to a CAG. I sold a used copy here for a very good price and I am sure someone here will pay more than what you would get from the EB promotion.

Does the register automatically give the extra $5 or does the employee have to key in something or be aware of it to work? Asking because with the Jampacks, I would be a little embarrased to go in there and asking to make sure they give an extra $5 credit for them, but if it is done automatically, I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable with trying it.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Does the register automatically give the extra $5 or does the employee have to key in something or be aware of it to work? Asking because with the Jampacks, I would be a little embarrased to go in there and asking to make sure they give an extra $5 credit for them, but if it is done automatically, I wouldn't feel so uncomfortable with trying it.[/quote]

it automatically does it when they total it so make sure they total it.

Do you guys know how much credit EB gives for the following Xbox games: Mercenaries, SW-Battlefront,Mechwarrior LoneWolf, and KOTOR 2 ?
Thank you in advance

[quote name='eraser813']Do you guys know how much credit EB gives for the following Xbox games: Mercenaries, SW-Battlefront,Mechwarrior LoneWolf, and KOTOR 2 ?
Thank you in advance[/quote]

Seeing as three of the titles are basically brand new, I'd have to say all but Battlefront will definitely fetch $25 each. New games that retail for $50 usually drop to half of their value in store credit. Since Battlefront hasn't technically dropped in price, it may still pull in $25, but I'd be more comfortable saying you'll get $15-25 for it.

[quote name='Odibil'][quote name='eraser813']Do you guys know how much credit EB gives for the following Xbox games: Mercenaries, SW-Battlefront,Mechwarrior LoneWolf, and KOTOR 2 ?
Thank you in advance[/quote]

Seeing as three of the titles are basically brand new, I'd have to say all but Battlefront will definitely fetch $25 each. New games that retail for $50 usually drop to half of their value in store credit. Since Battlefront hasn't technically dropped in price, it may still pull in $25, but I'd be more comfortable saying you'll get $15-25 for it.[/quote]

yeah, i think battlefront is $15 now, if i remember correctly

Does this mean I could buy some jampaks, trade it in, use the credit i got to rebuy them, trade it in again, and start over?

[quote name='62t']Does this mean I could buy some jampaks, trade it in, use the credit i got to rebuy them, trade it in again, and start over?[/quote]

in theory, yes. but jampacks are $7.99, so it wouldn't be worth the trouble at all, especially considering you'd have to go in-between stores, and you can't trade duplicates.

[quote name='rocksolidaudio'][quote name='62t']Does this mean I could buy some jampaks, trade it in, use the credit i got to rebuy them, trade it in again, and start over?[/quote]

in theory, yes. but jampacks are $7.99, so it wouldn't be worth the trouble at all, especially considering you'd have to go in-between stores, and you can't trade duplicates.[/quote]

Some of the older used Jampacks are $2-3, and I think you use Jampack from different volume.

Anybody know what they're giving for Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox? I'm thinking about dumping my copy I picked up for $19.99 at Kmart along with some other crappy games and putting it towards Resident Evil 4.

I will try this at some point today...The trade in 3 games get $10 was good to me. I traded in a bunch of jampacks which I couldn't wait to get rid of. I pre-ordered Starfox Assault and picked up Zelda Four Swords nice and cheap. Maybe now I can build some credit up for the new GC Zelda and new DS games when they arrive.

just got back from the shirly long island eb- they took 3 copies of seablade that i picked up for 1.98 at TRU. total per game was 5.50 each with the bonus, 2 copies of roadkill at 2+5 eachso they will take doubles.

I just took back 10 of my old crappy games and got like 90 credit. The guy at the counter sounded real unsure about the policy so he took them all. I want to take more before more exclusions apply or if they start to get wise. It's an awesome deal, thanks for letting me know.

I have never traded into EB before but I might get rid of some games to get enough for Mario Kart DS.

you can always use that credit and put it on a preorder of the game.

so they will take doubles.

it's YMMV. Only dumb employees do this. EB Policy tells us not to take dupes.

Mercenaries, SW-Battlefront,Mechwarrior LoneWolf, and KOTOR 2

Mercenaries was 25 yesterday.
SW is down to about 15.
Mechassault: LW I assume is 22 or 25
KOTOR 2 was 25 yesterday.

I traded in 12 games....nothing was excluded (except sports of course). I ended up with about $100 in credit. Not too shabby.

When I was trading in my maximo and haven the store clerk told me that they weren't accepting Jampacks. He placed it to the side and didn't even scan it.

[quote name='outkastx']Jampacks are YMMV, I was able to trade them in.[/quote]

I agree...I was never able to but I did when they had the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal so it is worth a shot.

[quote name='mick16']Anybody know what they're giving for Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox? I'm thinking about dumping my copy I picked up for $19.99 at Kmart along with some other crappy games and putting it towards Resident Evil 4.[/quote]

I saw a guy trade Ghost Recon 2 for Xbox in at my EB about a week ago for $25 in credit

so they will take doubles.

it's YMMV. Only dumb employees do this. EB Policy tells us not to take dupes.
If the system scans it and takes it, how can the employee be dumb? Besides, it was the manager who rang my stuff up, doubles and triples and all. Told me now was the time to get rid of "this crap" if you have it :) Side note, only 10 bucks for a ps1 screen for trade it. :x

Damn, glad I was lazy about taking in my 26 games for the Trade 3 For Bonus $10!!! Now I'll get over $130 in credit. Yay! :D

today i traded in armed & dangerous, tony hawk 3, ghost recon: island thunder, and rainbow six 3: black arrow (all xbox) and got $32 in store credit. seeing as how i spent less than $5 each on these games, i figured that i got a pretty good deal.
i didn't think they would take tony hawk 3 because its an "extreme sports" game, but they did. sweetness.

thanks for the price on ghost recon 2. i'm going to trade it in tomorrow with ghost recon 1 for a nice $35+ credit.

I just returned from the local EB, and in case it hasn't been confirmed, all three games from the Racing 3pak from Wal-mart worked. I don't have a scanner at home, but I can scan my receipt at work tomorrow if you all would like. The guys at the register told me Tony Hawk games worked in the computer...so it might not be YMMV.

I must share my most miraculous story.

2:50, I am finished classes for the day. I start the drive home.

3:20, I arrive at home, check my mail. 3 Jampacks that videogamer324 sent me.

3:30, I go to my local ebgames. One of the guys there I have grown fond of, he's pretty cool. He told me about the Culdcept drop the day it was posted on CAG... however he woulnd't let me trade in 2 of the jampacks :( A shame.. cuz last time he let me trade in 2 jampacks and Defender for the 10-for-3.

4:00, I go to work.

9:10, I get off work. I drive to another local eb. They just closed. Now the only eb still open is at the mall, the mall closes at 9:30 and it's roughly 20 minutes away. Do I dare? Yes I do.

9:30, I arrive at the mall and they are about to close down the ebgames store but I run in and ask to trade in the 2 jampacks real quick. The guy says ok it'll be $1 credit, to which I respond, "I thought you guys were having a promotion." "Yes but I'm not sure if it'll work, let me try." "Yes please try." "$11" SWEET! I leave a happy boy :)

Well this is sweet for me thus far. I was planning to hit 2 EBs and took 2 sets of the following - BG&E, XIII, Jampack 03 Summer and Winter. I left one set in the car. Asked him if he'd take dupes, he said no prob but not on the same transaction. Traded in for $26, went to the car and got an additional $26. Got my $3 copy of Culdcept and was on my way. Finally got rid of some penny jampacks and free TRU stuff. Still got more to trade tomorrow. This deal is sweet, glad I was too lazy on the 3 for $10.

Man, now I wish I had gone back on the last day to clean out my TRU with the coupon. I didn't even consider buying extras to trade in. ](*,) You guys must be making a fortune from it; easily building up $100 in EB credit.

[quote name='jngx80']Man, now I wish I had gone back on the last day to clean out my TRU with the coupon. I didn't even consider buying extras to trade in. ](*,) You guys must be making a fortune from it; easily building up $100 in EB credit.[/quote]

All my JP goes to pay off PSP. All 30 of them + WalMart 3 Packs :D

[quote name='flaprabbit']Anyone know how much MGS 3 gets in credit?[/quote]

I called and they said $20 . . . which seems nuts considering they sell it for $45 PO . . . a GS flyer (could be old) that I got on Sun. said $30.

My store did not accept the following PS2 game:
Driven
Jonny Mosley Mad Trix
Top Gear Dare Devil
X Squad
State of Emergency (double)
3 differnt Jampacks

Has anyone else had similar problems?

Try another store or if you want print out the description about the deal from their website and argue with the clerk. Here's what their site says of exluded titles:

No non-sport titles excluded from trade. May not be combined with any other offer or discount. Sport themes not valid in offer: Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, and Wrestling. Trade-in items must be submitted in "2"s to receive bonus dollars. Bonus will not be given to a 7th game.

About jampacks some stores just will not scan the jampacks, although they do probably work.

Do the games have to be complete? I have some games I bought from Blockbuster that have no instructions that I'd like to get rid of.

I'm sure the stores will be okay if you bring in more games. They just have to be scanned in pairs and maybe break it up so they're on a couple of receipts.

Instructions and cases must be included.

[quote name='62t']I traded a game in without instructions but ymmv.[/quote]

Man, the disc and the instructions are mint. But I'm missing the box art. Should I just throw the game away? Thanks...

bread's done
Back