BB Gamers Club - Get Matt Hazard PS3 for $10 with 20$ off coupon

yingfo

CAGiversary!
The Best Buy Gamers Club has a coupon up for 20$ off Eat Lead: The Return of Matt Hazard. Best Buy is selling the game for 29.99. The game has a very cool concept but I hear the gameplay is very bad. I wanted to check the game out a while ago but when I read the reviews I waited for a very big price drop. So this is my chance.

The coupon also has 20$ off Monsters Vs. Aliens and Madagascar 2 for the 360. Making M vs. A $30 and Madagascar 2 $20 if anyone else is interested in those games.

Here is the coupon:

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/viewDetails.jspx?tc=CPN_20

Plus the BestBuy.com listing of Matt Hazard:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...pe=product&cp=1&id=1218061082241&ref=69&loc=2

Wow, bad game or not, for $10 it might be worth it. I mean it had a few stars doing the voice work, and the throughback nostalgia attempt was a nice gimmick. Either way, I like me some brand new, sealed games for $10!! (Like that SkiDoo game for $10 at GameStop, picked that up new and played it for an hour, actually enjoyed it, got 5 trophies, totally worth it)

Honestly for 9.99 its worth the pick up. I got it for free and it was a fun game. You might also want to put ps3 only in the title.

This game looked awesome as a $10 game, definitely gonna go and pick this up.

Edit: Slowdive21, your Funcoland story is epic :), thanks for sharing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='thirteenyahs']Sorry to sound like a jerk but $10 is too much for that piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]

Did you actually play the game?

[quote name='coldgears']CRAP, ever since I missed the Newegg deal for matt hazard I've been wanting a cheap copy, damn PS3..
iy.gif
.[/QUOTE]
Yea I missed the deal there too, I think now is the time to pick a copy up.

[quote name='thirteenyahs']Sorry to sound like a jerk but $10 is too much for that piece of garbage.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dskillzhtown']Did you actually play the game?[/QUOTE]
I have and I have to agree with thirteenyahs. I rented it for $3, played it for about 1 hour and returned it. Horrible, horrible game. Save your money.

I loved this game, but I love shooters in general, so this was what I expected, plus a funny story to boot. If you are expecting something more than mindless shooting (and it has good shooting mechanics), then you might be disappointed, but this was a good rental for me. Already have the PS3 trophies and am looking to buy the 360 version.

Definitely worth a buy at $10.

[quote name='dino88']I have and I have to agree with thirteenyahs. I rented it for $3, played it for about 1 hour and returned it. Horrible, horrible game. Save your money.[/QUOTE]
oh damn, in that case, rental it is...

I picked this up for $20 at a local store and I would be on the fence about $10. The humor gets old after the first 30 minutes (the funniest part is probably the trophy/achievment list) and the gameplay gets old well before that point. Even just getting it for trophies is a stretch because youre looking at a big time investment to get the platinum. NPH and GOB never get a chance to shine through, so even if your fans of them it is a tough recommendation.

[quote name='Akira119']Edit: Slowdive21, your Funcoland story is epic :), thanks for sharing it.[/QUOTE]

Wow...Just wow. Thanks for the somewhat stunned giggle.

About the deal...Why only PS3!!! Noes!

Got it fo $10.
The shelf said $60 so I wanted to price check it before going up front.
I asked a young woman who brought it to a d-bag clerk who thought he knew without looking it up saying its still a new games, $60.
I proceeded to bring it up front and ring it up and all was well, rang up as $30 used the coupon and got it for $10.

Moral:: Always have someone check a price on their system. :) thanks OP

Not a bad game and absolutely worth ten bucks. I paid full price, and maybe it wasn't worth that, but it's totally worth anything 29.99 and under.

pretty decent game. just rented it and about to finish up and get the platinum today. still considering picking this up, though I doubt I'd ever play it again

Considering it's $30-40 new, I think anyone looking to flip should look elsewhere. Then again, it might be worth it at Blockbuster if anyone wants to deal with them...

picked one up at lunch for 10 bucks.. still a couple copies left at the district, tustin bbuy

coupon scanned no prob

thanks op!

Thanks op. I was always vaguely interested in this title simply for its supposed ridiculousness. For $10, I think I can finally buy into that ridiculousness without much remorse.

[quote name='newlu']Thanks
Just picked up 3 at my BB.[/QUOTE]

Considering there were only 3 copies at my location, I'm sure someone in your area that actually wanted to play the game will be thrilled.

On that note, I just picked up ONE copy and I plan on playing it. I love parody stuff.

[quote name='newlu']Thanks
Just picked up 3 at my BB.[/QUOTE]

You only need one to play it. :roll:

Thx OP, got 1 of the last 2 at my BB.

[quote name='morphineseason']Considering there were only 3 copies at my location, I'm sure someone in your area that actually wanted to play the game will be thrilled.

On that note, I just picked up ONE copy and I plan on playing it. I love parody stuff.[/QUOTE]

Now that someone called him out, they're suddenly going to be for "family or friends".

Did the coupon ring up incorrectly for anyone else?

I bought 2 hazards and it only took $20 off one. The coupon clearly states that there is a limit of 3 of the same title. The cashier and manager didn't seem to understand that, however, after some cajoling they gave me both for $10 each.

I just took a shot in the dark and signed up for the reward zone & gamer's club online and it gave me the coupon! I'll be picking it up first thing tomorrow morning!

bread's done
Back