- - - - -

goHastings.com Buy 2, Get 3rd for $1 on all Used games - Live again

#31 yokissmybass   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

yokissmybass

Posted 15 September 2009 - 11:37 PM

I already bought some Blu-Rays from this sale, and they all came in immaculate condition.

I was thinking of buying some used Gamecube games. Do the games usually come with the instruction manuals and original cases?

I hate it when games aren't 'complete', like at gamestop when they're in a DVD case with a generic insert.

#32 thelonepig   Greasy Pork Pirates! CAGiversary!   6736 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:00 AM

I already bought some Blu-Rays from this sale, and they all came in immaculate condition.

I was thinking of buying some used Gamecube games. Do the games usually come with the instruction manuals and original cases?

I hate it when games aren't 'complete', like at gamestop when they're in a DVD case with a generic insert.

I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason.

#33 yokissmybass   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   2 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

yokissmybass

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:13 AM

I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason.

Thanks for the advice. I tried searching the gohastings policies but I couldn't find anything on the definitions of "used" games. I guess it's just a gamble as to what I'm going to get. :pray:

#34 cheapndirty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

cheapndirty

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:06 AM

Actually this has been clarified in the past in the previous sales. Unfortunately Hastings website of stock also stock from their stores, so if the store sells your copy while your order in store while it is being processed still online, you're pretty much out of luck. But it doesn't seem to happen too often as far as the experiences of all the people in the previous threads.

Right. This was my first order with these guys and walked away unimpressed. If I had seen a post like mine I would not have ordered. There are too many other places to get games that does not ship one game out at a time then cancel your order because it sold them while mine was being processed. I will stick with Amazon,Ebay and GS until they warehouse all of their stuff. Some might be ok with 'hit and miss' but I am not. I watch the net cost on ALL of my games. My collection is 500+ games and growing..

#35 gohastings   GoHastings.com Official Rep Retailer Representative   63 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gohastings

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, its hard to tell with Hastings. But I was told that Used games also include returns which does explain how some of my games are like Brand New and just reshrink wrapped by Hastings. But as far as what I have been told, they include returns into the Used category. But its Hasting, who knows. Unless that crappy goHastings rep that always leaves us with more questions than answers actually explain these things to us, were kind of stuck.

Actually I feel that I have been as informative as I can be but here is more info.
The used games will vary as they are either returns from users or previously rented games. A customer may buy a game play it once or twice not like it and trade it in for something new so the packaging would be new and the discs as well. It depends on how well previous users or renters have taken care of the disks and cases. We have very few issues with disk quality and if you have an issue with a particular purchase you can always call us at (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464) or at service@gohastings.com.

Jen
goHastings Rep

#36 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Obviously it varies by person, but I had fantastic luck with them last time. All of the games I got were older PS2 games yet all of them came in nearly perfect condition, I was very impressed. I'm definitely going to be taking advantage again this time.

#37 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:44 PM

Actually I feel that I have been as informative as I can be but here is more info.

I will say, you are very helpful now, which I do appreciate. But I am not sure if it was you or another rep that replied in previous threads that did not really give answers that fullfilled anyone's questions.

For example, after there has already been a lot of posts asking questions about the company, this was the reply we got (keep in mind I already posted in the thread what the sale was on, so this reply was of no use since it was already established what the sale was).

Hi this is goHastings, the sale is valid on select titles up to $59.99. If you have any issues with the promo please email service@gohastings.com

And then after that we got this reply which had no quotes to anyone's comment and was not really clear as far as what you were even saying yes to.

yes

It was just responses like that in the very first thread that did not really help very much. You have been much more helpful in this thread, and I appreciate it. And if you read another of my previous post, I actually said you were doing a good job, so you should probably read through the whole posts and not just single out random posts you want to reply to, which I think was the problem at the beginning. Global issues should be addressed first over personal issues of just people here and there. If global issues are addressed first, you would not have to offer to personally help fix things for just one or two people, but to help everyone at the same time since it will make sure people in the future who purchase from Hastings do not have to deal with these kind of headaches. Thanks and keep up the good work.

#38 technole   Overlord CAGiversary!   487 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

technole

Posted 16 September 2009 - 03:50 PM

PS3 discs have a coating on them that resist scratches. You can just wipe away most any mark on them. I was talking about PS2 games.

Yep, in fact every used PS3 game I have bought or seen looks good save for the usual fingerprints but that is easy to wipe off. I'm sure in 10 years they'll still look as good compared to the DVD era.

Might have to pickup a few titles I missed out on...

#39 Interfeci   ASSIMILATE CAGiversary!   1194 Posts   Joined 11.2 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

What blu-ray where you looking at getting I can take a look at it. Sometimes when we have a special edition it may show more then one format. We are currently working on a data issue where it shows multiple versions of the same format. But if you send me the url I can clarify for you.

Well, almost every Blu-ray has it, but since an example is needed, let's say http://www.gohasting...u/234532338.uts. I can't really tell the difference, other than the fact that one is $8 cheaper. I'm wondering if it's the same difference as the games, and one of them is a rental while another is just a return.

Edit: I didn't notice this, but apparently the promotion only applies to DVDs? I guess that renders any questions I have moot.

#40 sadikyo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   345 Posts   Joined 11.3 Years Ago  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:15 PM

I am currently working through an issue with gohastings, and I will post with a resolution (if I can get one). The issue is with the shipping and cancellations. I know it varies GREATLY with people's orders, so it really is just hit or miss, but I have had a TON of cancellations.

I found out after talking to them that this was because the game was purchased in the physical store before my order was processed. Ok, this is understandable, I guess they don't have real-time inventory updating and I'm just out of luck on those. The only problem is, a few times I ordered 3 games, for total shipping of $4.99. Two of the games were cancelled, and they only took off $1 for those two games, charging me $2.99 for the one game I did get. This isn't a tragedy, but it is kind of annoying because I used the average shipping when figuring out whether I really wanted to purchase the games.

The other issue I have had is with purchasing new games. More than 10 of the "new" games I have purchased from them over the last couple months came to me used. They offered to refund me the money, but in some cases I just wanted to keep the game, because they didn't have any more new copies in stock. To their credit, they did offer me a refund and not make me send some of the games back.

I still plan to order from them in the future, but just be prepared that you may have to call them a lot to fix things...

#41 cheapndirty   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   45 Posts   Joined 11.4 Years Ago  

cheapndirty

Posted 17 September 2009 - 01:05 AM

Something similar happend to me.

#42 tomfool   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   2 Posts   Joined 12.8 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:19 AM

I put in an order last round of this deal for 3 PS3 games. Two of them came and the third item I got was a classical audio CD with a packing slip for someone in another state. I contacted support and sent the item back out the same day using their free return shipping label...a month later and they still have not received the returned item, and it looks like they won't send the game out until they get their item back. I was in a rush to get it back out and didn't note what type of shipping was paid for with the return label, but considering it's taken over a month for the item to get back to them it must've been media mail. This is probably an oddball case, but in the event it does happen: it sucks...I just hope I get the game before the price drops another $4.

#43 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:23 AM

I really hate that hastings charges taxes for TN. Doesn't completely kill a deal, but lessens it a little.

#44 bruceg   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1537 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 11:56 AM

I must be one of the only ones to have crappy luck with used games at gohastings.com being scratched or incomplete. It must be because I am ordering older PS2 games. Maybe I should stick with DS, PS3, or PSP games as those dont scratch as easily or not at all.

I have experienced similar issues with previous generation titles (xbox, ps2, and gamecube). I kept fewer than half of the items I ordered. A few were missing either the original case or manual, but the primary issue was that the discs were either noticeably scratched or resurfaced. The resurfaced ones didn't have the customary swirl pattern on the back like you would find at gamestop....

I wouldn't count on getting used older generation titles in truly mint/pristine condition.

Edited by bruceg, 17 September 2009 - 12:21 PM.

#45 gohastings   GoHastings.com Official Rep Retailer Representative   63 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

gohastings

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:51 PM

If you have issues with any of the products you order from goHastings.com you can call our customer service number and they will be glad to help you (877)-HASTINGS (427-8464)

#46 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:57 PM

I have experienced similar issues with previous generation titles (xbox, ps2, and gamecube). I kept fewer than half of the items I ordered. A few were missing either the original case or manual, but the primary issue was that the discs were either noticeably scratched or resurfaced. The resurfaced ones didn't have the customary swirl pattern on the back like you would find at gamestop....

I wouldn't count on getting used older generation titles in truly mint/pristine condition.

On the other hand, the last go-round I got three PS2 games (Grandia II, III, La Pucelle Tactics) and all were mint except for some slight wear on the case of La Pucelle Tactics. It's true you don't know what you're going to get, but if you know that going in it shouldn't be a problem. That's what used means after all.

#47 kaskd   CAG Veteran CAG Veteran   8 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 17 September 2009 - 10:05 PM

I myself am going through a problem with gohastings. I got in on this same deal a few weeks ago. I got the 2 games I paid full price for in an extremely timely manner (3 or 4 days) and was more than happy. I got an email saying they shipped my 3rd game ($1 game) and I am now 3 weeks out and still waiting. I called the help line and they said they would refund me my $1, not the shipping or what I paid on the other games or at least give me a discount on the other games just the $1. I explained why that upset me and they said they would send out another one. I called back to verify if it had been sent (I was told I would not receive an email) and I've been given the "we'll
call you back when I find out what's going on" (this is a week after I called initially).

The 2 games I received were great quality. Discs and manuals in great condition. One case was cracked, but I assume that's the post office's fault. I want to do business again, and we'll see how this turns out (I do have faith that it will turn out well as the Reps have been very considerate).

#48 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:51 AM

its back

#49 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor
Available in: Used - Nintendo DS
Usually Ships Within 48 Hours.

Used $23.08

only if there was a free shipping code

Retro Game Challenge
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D Stardust Accelerator World Championship Tour (says includes cardS)
Mega Man Star Force 3: Red Joker

47 all 3 before shipping

PSP
Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days 25
Dissidia Final Fantasy 31
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

3 new games for 61 before shipping 20 each too bad i own them all

paid 25 for disgaea off amazon. paid 20 after all gift cards to TRU thats 45 so would of been about the sameprice for me after gift cards and everything..

too bad they have nothing i really want since i got a 10 buck gift card and nothing to spend it on

#50 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:44 PM

So do DS games come complete with case/manual?

#51 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:12 PM

So do DS games come complete with case/manual?

Ive ordered like 18 DS games, and they all came complete with original case and manual. And the majority of them were in like new condition when it arrived. Very satisfied as far as the DS games quality are concerned.

#52 ChernobylCow   Say_Moo CAGiversary!   1860 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

ChernobylCow

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Ive ordered like 18 DS games, and they all came complete with original case and manual. And the majority of them were in like new condition when it arrived. Very satisfied as far as the DS games quality are concerned.

Thanks, CAGiversary!. :bouncy:

#53 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

I see what you did there. :D

I may take a look at this later, I had a good experience with them last time.

#54 xycury   there is only one CAGiversary!   4503 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

Picked up...

Devil Survivor
MUA 2
Maze of Fate

52.15 no tax, comes out to 17.75 each.

#55 MPoWeRM3   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1901 Posts   Joined 12.2 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Haha, if you order 3 $0.79 games, your last game for a buck in this promo is actually more money.

#56 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   21161 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

Well done :rofl:

#57 JCDenton   Banned Banned   380 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JCDenton

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:48 PM

Tax and shipping kills this. Yesterday I was going to order a bunch of blu rays, until I saw that tax and shipping added like $2.25 per blu ray (and this was with a large order). It's a rip-off because most sites stop charging extra after your weight hits a certain amount, or at least the amount shipping increases by is greatly reduced. but hastings charges an extra dollar for each additional item even when you're ordering 20.

#58 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 10:50 PM

Tax and shipping kills this. Yesterday I was going to order a bunch of blu rays, until I saw that tax and shipping added like $2.25 per blu ray (and this was with a large order). It's a rip-off because most sites stop charging extra after your weight hits a certain amount, or at least the amount shipping increases by is greatly reduced. but hastings charges an extra dollar for each additional item even when you're ordering 20.

That's because they ship from separate locations in separate packages. It's not the most elegant system, but that's the reason shipping is what it is fyi.

#59 xycury   there is only one CAGiversary!   4503 Posts   Joined 14.6 Years Ago  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:20 PM

well not every business can dole out free shipping either.

like the above post, these are coming from individual stores, one at a time.

#60 JCDenton   Banned Banned   380 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

JCDenton

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:39 PM

well not every business can dole out free shipping either.

like the above post, these are coming from individual stores, one at a time.

That doesn't change the quality of the deal. They should learn to be more efficient if they want more business.