New Super Mario Brothers Wii deals thread - Back to 2D Glory. UPDATED 9/23

gomikeoh

CAGiversary!
Feedback
22 (100%)
Get Hyped.

e3-2009-new-super-mario-screens-200-590x323.jpg

Release Date: November 15, 2009

Amazon - 10 dollar game credit + 46.99 + ECA/Goldbox stack for more potential savings.
Walmart - 10 dollar e-giftcard with purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good offer, but one slight downside:

"For purchases at Walmart.com. For purchases by SAM'S Club members at Samsclub.com. Cannot be used at Wal-Mart stores or at SAM'S Club stores."

As someone who rarely ever shops at their online store, it's a minor issue for me. Fingers crossed that TRU does a similar offer, if not besting it.

Nice deal right off the bat. I have only bought a few things on Walmart.com always use Site to Store and always around Christmas, so I don't know if this is as worth while for me, but still a nice deal, since I'm definitely going to get the game.

I'm hoping, as the others, that Toy's R Us will offer something really good. I've been really enjoying the giftcard offers Toy's R Us has had, though I've only actually got one so far. Seems like a perfect thing for my family to buy me for Christmas too :D

So, I had $30 trade-in coupon at amazon and gold box discount that I used on this pre-order. I think I'll stick with that for now, but if a better gift card comes along....

[quote name='crunchewy']So, I had $30 trade-in coupon at amazon and gold box discount that I used on this pre-order. I think I'll stick with that for now, but if a better gift card comes along....[/QUOTE]
Yeah I think I'll wait also (I can see the others doing at least a $15 and/or swag if Wally's doing a $10). Wally declaring war on TRU could be very good for us Cags this holiday season!

More than likely will get it from somewhere (I have a feeling this thing won't drop in price at least until after Christmas).

To add to the list - Gamestop will be giving away a $5 Nintendo Points card with preorders. I think the slide they showed at the GS managers conference said it was going to be a collectible card (I would guess Mario themed, but they did not show a pic of the actual card). Of course, it hasn't "officially" been announced, so there is a possibility it could change.

This showed up in my Gold Box awhile ago (along with Mario Galaxy 2). the GB discount+ECA makes it come out to a little under $40 for me. So unless a store is offering a $15 GC, I'm sticking with Amazon.

I'd rather pay more than give my money to Wal-Mart, I have it Pre-Ordered at Amazon and I'm leaving it that way unless something major comes along.

I preordered from amazon when it was in my goldbox, plus it was during the time when ECA codes double stacked, so I got it for $35.24. :applause: But a collectible coin and GC or something from TRU may make me buy from them. If Amazon decides to add a GC to the preorders, I might end up getting this for practically free...

[quote name='crunchewy']So, I had $30 trade-in coupon at amazon and gold box discount that I used on this pre-order. I think I'll stick with that for now, but if a better gift card comes along....[/QUOTE]

I also used the $30 coupon and the goldbox discount. I'm going to also stick with that unless something better comes along. The $30 coupon doesn't expire until like 12/31 anyway, right?

[quote name='hysterisch']To add to the list - Gamestop will be giving away a $5 Nintendo Points card with preorders. I think the slide they showed at the GS managers conference said it was going to be a collectible card (I would guess Mario themed, but they did not show a pic of the actual card). Of course, it hasn't "officially" been announced, so there is a possibility it could change.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if you'll get the card when you preorder or when you pick up the game?

I'm betting TRU is going to have a great deal too. They gave Super Mario Galaxy a $25 gift card plus there was a preorder bonus coin. If they don't have at least a $20 gift card offer, I will be shocked.

To be honest this isn't really a good deal at all. Even without ECA or goldbox, Amazon has this for $46.99 shipped. After considering shipping, you're only saving a net of 3-4 bucks at WalMart.

No date announced yet... I'm thinking they might announce a new bundle when they announce the price drop, presumably next week. I'm expecting a NSMB date then too.

I have GS credit I want to use, I hope they do something, they hardly ever give out anything like a gift card, its usually something pretty useless if they give you anything at all

^ no, I think I got the shaft on that too, was it only available on the release date? I don't remember this deal, but I know I got the coin.

Pre-Ordered through Amazon... GB + ECA, good deal for around $40, with Prime.

If Amazon gets any pre-order bonus, it'll make it that much sweeter.

Still waiting for NSMB to hit my Gold Box. I sure hope it does.

But, if somebody has a good preorder item/trinket, I'll have to go that route.

[quote name='Rig']But, if somebody has a good preorder item/trinket, I'll have to go that route.[/QUOTE]

^ this for me as well. I think once we get an actual release date we might start seeing better preorder bonuses.

TRU better have something other than a trinket b/c I really want to get back that $25 GC I missed during the SMG promo!!!

[quote name='gkrykewy']Amazon is now showing a November 15th release date.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I was very wrong.

New Super Mario Bros. Launch Date Revealed

Nintendo of America reveals when in November you'll be getting your Mario on

by Craig Harris

September 23, 2009 - Nintendo of America has revealed the official release date to the anticipated 2D Mario platformer, New Super Mario Bros. Wii. The game will ship this November 15th in North America.

New Super Mario Bros. Wii is the console update to the series refresh launched on the Nintendo DS in 2007. The game made its debut at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in May 2009 in its local multiplayer form, but the final game will feature a deep single player component as well.

[quote name='spaztic']will you be able to play with others online?[/QUOTE]

It doesnt look like it. Unless nintendo has something up their sleeves. It is not looking very promising either, because if it had online, there would be an online logo on the boxart. :(

[quote name='gomikeoh']It doesnt look like it. Unless nintendo has something up their sleeves. It is not looking very promising either, because if it had online, there would be an online logo on the boxart. :([/QUOTE]

That boxart might not be final. That said, it would be a HUUUUGE mistake for Nintendo to not include online multiplayer.

[quote name='Wario64']Sounds like a BS excuse...all of Wii's processing power? Really? This game doesnt seem to be maxing out anything.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. God, now I'm waffling on my purchase. Online would have made this game the shit. Now, I'm not sure. I hated the DS game, and if the single player game is like that, then count me out.

I'm really surprised that Nintendo didn't try that "bringing actual people together" rhetoric to explain this away.

No online is strike 1 and 2. If I HAVE to play single player as Mario and can't choose to be Toad. No sale.

On a side note the net play for Smash blows @$$ so Maybe the processor thing is true. Maybe environments take a lot away.

I haven't kept up, will this be a decent single player game? With no online I have no one who will want to play this local.

Unless a better offer is handed out, I'll go with Amazon.

Actually just put my order in. $42.25 with Amazon Prime delivery.

Hopefully, it will hit my Gold Box in my other account, so I can cancel this order and reorder with the extra little discount.

Sweet, thank you Amazon. I was hoping they'd give out a $10 credit on this one. I had a $10 credit from Batman: Arkham Asylum I needed to use by the end of the month anyway so this is all win.

I'm really looking forward to it. Pre-ordered from amazon a while back when it was in my goldbox. That plus ECA, $30 coupon and now a $10 credit and I'm getting it for free. Yeah. Will play with my kids and my nephews/nieces. Online would have been nice, but I can live without.

bread's done
Back