- - - - -

Amazon Credit Deals - Borderlands 2 and More

#8701 Ag_SurfR   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   762 Posts   Joined 3.6 Years Ago  

Ag_SurfR

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:23 AM

I bit for Borderlands 2.

Between this $10 credit, and the monthly $20 gift cards I get for participating in Brainbench research surveys, I'm seeing a free copy of Black Ops 2 coming my way.

how are you always one of the first 250 people.

Auen1.png?7125

#8702 preston181   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1064 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

preston181

Posted 18 September 2012 - 03:13 AM

how are you always one of the first 250 people.

I work in the Information Technology field, have all-day access to a PC with a mailbox, and we are encouraged by my company to participate in anything related to IT or managerial/problem-solving.

#8703 surak   Pickle Inspector CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:44 AM

Well, no credit yet (wouldn't expect it this early of course), but I did get a shipping notice on Borderlands 2 that says it will be here Tuesday - so I guess I did get release day shipping, so that's nice at least. I do have Prime though.

I preordered back in June and got release day shipping. I hadn't gotten my credit, so I wrote a complaint using their online form. Couple hours later I received my $10 credit. Immediately used it up along with my $15 NHL 12 credit, which shipped same day as Borderlands 2 yet had the promo credit emailed to me much more quickly, precipitating my Amazon complaint. Don't know if my complaint helped, because I didn't get the usual follow-up message from a CSR, but it doesn't hurt to ask. That's how I also got them to PM their own NHL 12 price cut.

#8704 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:32 PM

Don't know what happened, but Amazon hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 even though I should have gotten free release date delivery (Prime). We'll see what customer service says. Pretty annoying, though.

UPDATE: Customer service rep #1 says not all items are eligible for RDD, so you'll get this item by Friday. *sigh* What is going on with Amazon?
UPDATE #2: Okay, customer service rep #2 got it. Gave me $10 to wait until Friday.

Edited by Lucian, 18 September 2012 - 05:31 PM.

Posted Image

#8705 y2jasper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

y2jasper

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:42 PM

Don't know what happened, but Amazon hasn't shipped my Borderlands 2 even though I should have gotten free release date delivery (Prime). We'll see what customer service says. Pretty annoying, though.

UPDATE: Customer service rep #1 says not all items are eligible for RDD, so you'll get this item by Friday. *sigh* What is going on with Amazon?
UPDATE #2: Okay, customer service rep #2 got it. Gave me $10 to wait until Friday.

i had the same issue. yesterday when i checked my order, it hadn't shipped, said 2 day shipping and my expected delivery date was friday. i chatted with a customer rep, and they said the same about not everything having release day anymore, and i didnt act mad, i just sort of mentioned that was a bummer because RDD was one of the main reasons i keep paying for prime every year. then he said he would change it to 1 day delivery this time, and i should expect it on thursday, but a moment later he said it should actually arrive on tuesday with the 1 day delivery. so right now my copy is out for delivery.

#8706 Kraus989   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   88 Posts   Joined 6.0 Years Ago  

Kraus989

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:38 PM

i had the same issue. yesterday when i checked my order, it hadn't shipped, said 2 day shipping and my expected delivery date was friday. i chatted with a customer rep, and they said the same about not everything having release day anymore, and i didnt act mad, i just sort of mentioned that was a bummer because RDD was one of the main reasons i keep paying for prime every year. then he said he would change it to 1 day delivery this time, and i should expect it on thursday, but a moment later he said it should actually arrive on tuesday with the 1 day delivery. so right now my copy is out for delivery.

This has been an issue with Amazon as far back as 2010. I preordered Halo Reach with RDD and ended up getting it 2-3 days later. They ended up giving me credit afterwards, but man when you are waiting for a game it is a real bummer to get it late.

I got my copy today of BL2 which I had 2-day shipping on. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.

#8707 y2jasper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

y2jasper

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:37 PM

so i dont have anything for the premiere gun club..is that going to be in a seperate email?

#8708 GoatRoyale   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   3 Posts   Joined 7.9 Years Ago  

GoatRoyale

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:57 AM

FYI: Halo 4 now has a $10 "Instant Video" credit attached to it... I guess if you use their VOD service it's nice little bonus, but I'd rather a general Amazon credit.

Didn't add it to the first page because, well, because video credit is lame.

#8709 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:09 AM

Hmmm - don't know what happened but I got release-date delivery on it without even requesting that (as I had added it to an older order).

But I'd gladly have taken $10 to wait till Friday so you got the better deal ;). It was nice to play tonight and all, but I can't play it that much more this week anyway.

And while I got the premiere club code around noon Monday after it shipped Sunday (and arrived Tuesday evening) I still have not gotten the $10 credit. So, yeah, if I don't get it by tomorrow afternoon I'll fire off an email.

#8710 EvlD99   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   54 Posts   Joined 8.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:24 PM

Hmmm - don't know what happened but I got release-date delivery on it without even requesting that (as I had added it to an older order).

But I'd gladly have taken $10 to wait till Friday so you got the better deal ;). It was nice to play tonight and all, but I can't play it that much more this week anyway.

And while I got the premiere club code around noon Monday after it shipped Sunday (and arrived Tuesday evening) I still have not gotten the $10 credit. So, yeah, if I don't get it by tomorrow afternoon I'll fire off an email.

I ordered it a week ago and it said release day delivery clearly on the checkout screen. I had it pre-ordered using Credit Card points which for some reason had a problem processing so Amazon paused my order. I clicked the link to re-process payment method and it went through but they changed my delivery estimate to Friday. After a quick call on Sunday it was back to RDD. I'm not sure if Amazon was trying to pull a fast one or if allot of us just experienced a glitch in their system.

#8711 thepoetvd776   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   198 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

thepoetvd776

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:38 PM

i can't believe amazon isnt offering anything on Fifa 13

#8712 kklems   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

Has everyone got their dlc codes? Got my $10 right away but not the dlc code

#8713 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:00 PM

I haven't gotten either, but my order didn't ship until last night...
Posted Image

#8714 DojimaDragon   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   69 Posts   Joined 4.1 Years Ago  

DojimaDragon

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Damn i was going to use some leftover amazon credit on borderlands 2, and get 10 back.But it Seems like they stopped offering the 10 credit. Oh well, Black Friday is around the corner, I guess I can wait..

#8715 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   26954 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:33 PM

carefull too many credits = amazon ban
WOOOO I STINK

#8716 kklems   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

No pre-order code for me.

#8717 The Questyen   Ain't that just the way CAGiversary!   1549 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

The Questyen

Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:01 PM

Both preorder code and promotional code were in my email box this morning.

#8718 Lucian   Officer Friendly CAGiversary!   1334 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 20 September 2012 - 02:51 PM

carefull too many credits = amazon ban

I hear ya. They legitimately goofed this time, though, so what can I do? I rarely bug them, so I should be fine.
Posted Image

#8719 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11499 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:47 PM

Still no credit or code from Amazon. Sigh, guess I'll need to contact them. . .

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#8720 HELLRAZR_28   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   143 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

HELLRAZR_28

Posted 20 September 2012 - 07:24 PM

Got both my codes for Borderlands 2 today; my game shipped yesterday (with Free Super Saver Shipping).

#8721 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   11499 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago   Has been playing Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn
PC

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

I just realized that the $10 credit for BL2 is only listed for consoles. Am I crazy or did they not give the same to PC, at least for the first round before it came back? I'm almost positive they did extend it to PC at one point.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#8722 shortyman920   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   163 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

shortyman920

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:46 AM

If Borderlands 2 was with a $20 credit I prolly would have bit on it. I'll just wait for the price to reach $40 then. Games these days shouldn't take that long to drop to that price.

#8723 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 07:26 AM

Opposite for me. I got the DLC code Monday morning a day and a half before the game even got here. I have yet to get my $10 code.

#8724 y2jasper   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1124 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

y2jasper

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

hm weird. i got both the $10 credit and premiere club codes at the same exact time tuesday night.

#8725 kklems   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1661 Posts   Joined 10.4 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:12 PM

I completed a chat with an amazon rep. she started to forward it to the marketing department and than checked and said she could see 2 emails sent to me. She resent the one email and I got my code.

Now to bug frys for the code from my loot edition for my son

#8726 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:17 PM

OK, so I sent the following message in to Amazon last night:

Hello, Borderlands 2 (for Xbox 360) had a $10 promotional credit offer with it for preorders. I preordered long ago and the promo credit should have applied to my order since it was posted after I preordered.

I have not yet gotten the promo code in my email and it has been 5 days since the game shipped (and 3 since I got it).

Thanks,

<my name>

What do I get in response today? A resend of the preorder DLC code email (which I got no problem on Monday) with the following note: "I'm sorry you didn't receive the message with the instructions for obtaining your bonus for ordering "Borderlands 2." I've included the details of the offer below:"

Are you fucking kidding me? It's like they read right past everything I wrote and just made up their own issue #-o.

So now I had to contact them again. If there is any "counter" of Amazon issues that leads to a ban, I'll be pissed if I get TWO dings for something that is completely and entirely their fault.

For those who have gotten the $10 credit emails, is it a code you redeem when purchasing something or something that applies to your account and gets used automatically on your next order? I've gotten both in the past for preorder deals. But seriously, about 75% of the preorder bonus deal codes I have to contact them about because they don't send them automatically. Something is screwed up over there. DLC codes, on the other hand, I've gotten every time.

#8727 NamPaehc   !Anihc Ni Hsan CAGiversary!   4953 Posts   Joined 8.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:30 PM

No 10 credit for PC version of borderlands 2 or am I remembering incorrectly.

#8728 io   ... Super Moderators   23179 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:43 PM

No 10 credit for PC version of borderlands 2 or am I remembering incorrectly.

I think you are right:

#8729 surak   Pickle Inspector CAGiversary!   343 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:13 AM

For those who have gotten the $10 credit emails, is it a code you redeem when purchasing something or something that applies to your account and gets used automatically on your next order? I've gotten both in the past for preorder deals. But seriously, about 75% of the preorder bonus deal codes I have to contact them about because they don't send them automatically. Something is screwed up over there. DLC codes, on the other hand, I've gotten every time.

Mine was a code I had to apply to my order. Like I wrote earlier, I got my NHL 12 promo credit way before my Borderlands 2 promo credit. I eventually got an email back from csr after already using it up. Actually both games were shipped to me together, so that makes the lag for the credit all the weirder. They had sent the in-game bonus codes at about the same time.

#8730 macontosh2000   Dirty Scumbag CAGiversary!   709 Posts   Joined 7.2 Years Ago  

macontosh2000

Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:50 AM

Is anyone else having an issue using their $10 credit for preording Borderlands?

macontosh2000 Quote of the Day (or whenever i choose to change it)

"Drug companies are like high school boyfriends: they are more interested in getting inside you than in being effective once they are there"

John Oliver, Last Week Tonight