- - - - -

Turning off tags, removing tags.

#1 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:02 AM

I was trying to figure out how to remove, or disable tags on blog posts. Is this possible? Some tags that I wish to remove are afixed to my blog, and I want them out.

#2 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49880 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:20 AM

You can only remove the tags you placed in the blog. Other tags not made by you will have to be removed by the tag creator or a mod.

#3 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:28 AM

Hm... thats pretty disappointing. Seeing how it says moderator under your name, would you be the person I can contact for this?

#4 CheapyD   Head Cheap Ass Administrators   18055 Posts   Joined 18.1 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:54 AM

I'm sure this functionality can be added. Thanks for the suggestion.

#5 guinaevere   the incredible disappearing moderator CAGiversary!   7466 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 10:31 AM

Hm... thats pretty disappointing. Seeing how it says moderator under your name, would you be the person I can contact for this?

You could contact Shrike, or any of the Mod Team you feel comfortable with.

Or to expedite things (assuming it's your own blog from which you desire the tags be removed), use the Posted Image Report feature. The next screen will have a message field for you to fill in, just state that you wish to have the tags removed from your blog.

#6 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:19 PM

Yeah, thanks for the reply guys. I'll do what you suggested with the report guinaevere, thank you.

CheapyD, Thanks for listening, I'll be looking forward to that feature.

#7 Mana Knight   Cloud Strife CAGiversary!   14401 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Mana Knight

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:37 PM

You could contact Shrike, or any of the Mod Team you feel comfortable with.

Or to expedite things (assuming it's your own blog from which you desire the tags be removed), use the Posted Image Report feature. The next screen will have a message field for you to fill in, just state that you wish to have the tags removed from your blog.

Tags can now be removed from blogs? I remember before they couldn't.

#8 guinaevere   the incredible disappearing moderator CAGiversary!   7466 Posts   Joined 17.0 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:11 AM

Hang on, I'll take a look at one of yours and make sure that I can. Mana, if a tag or two disappears from one of your blogs, that's me tooling around, okay?

Edit: Unless I'm missing something obvious, it looks like you're right. Gonna talk to Cheapy.

#9 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:30 AM

I can't wait for this to come out. Heres the latest tags on my last post :

$$$atoni

faptastic

nerd rage

comment censoring

man has vagina

tl;dr

looks bigger shaved

geek rage

boohoo x2

time of the month

blogging tags

cag releated

tags

blog

cool story bro

anal discharge

swine flu

hypocrite

Let me be the first to know when this feature is added or what, pleaseeeeee.
The forums are regulated for this type of stuff while the blog posts end up with this nonsense while the taggers end up Scott free.
I've been here since 2007, and this is the first time I have to witness this childish garbage..

#10 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:04 AM

lol

#11 youinreverse   ...used to be Bioshocked CAGiversary!   5575 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

youinreverse

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:11 AM

:rofl:

#12 pitfallharry219  

pitfallharry219

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:44 AM

I laughed aloud at "$$$atoni".

#13 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:46 AM

I say we don't incorporate the removal of tags so the fun doesn't end :-P

#14 snakelda   I see you stalking me. Stop it, before I call CheapyD. CAGiversary!   1982 Posts   Joined 15.2 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:25 AM

I also say we don't incorporate it.

#15 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:54 AM

Seriously, censorship is for pussies

#16 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 11:03 AM

^ Wow, the fun hm?
No ones holding a gun to your head to bother with my blog since you think censorship is for lamers.

Then again, im not even sure if you know what you're saying , since you know, this about abusing the tags... :-k
How is something considered cyber bullying fun anyway?

Edited by SonicJ, 13 October 2009 - 11:19 AM.

#17 h3llbring3r   Mecha Cocksmas 2 all CAGiversary!   8993 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

h3llbring3r

Posted 13 October 2009 - 12:22 PM

^ Wow, the fun hm?
No ones holding a gun to your head to bother with my blog since you think censorship is for lamers.

Then again, im not even sure if you know what you're saying , since you know, this about abusing the tags... :-k
How is something considered cyber bullying fun anyway?

Let's not hyperbolize hazing, insults and dark comedy into "cyberbullying." Unless someone has physically threatened you, let us refrain from using that term.

It's a blog after all; it's your statements and opinions put out there for all the world to read and comment on.
As you said "no one's holding a gun to your head to" making you publish your blogs.

#18 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 01:05 PM

Well feel that way as you may, I think I should draw a line between what gun is saying I want to do, and what I'm actually doing. I want for each individual poster to have the option , if they choose, to allow tags or not, delete them or keep them, and what have you. Im not asking the admins to remove tagging. ALSO, I think you should note, it's one thing to share your option in a well mannered way, but what people are doing instead - creating irrelevant tags out of spite.

Edit: To put it in better context, the last blog post I referred to was actually about the feature of removing tags, disabling them etc. On that blog post. These are the tags affixed to the, (obviously, not by me)

$$$atoni

faptastic

smart monkey pants

nerd rage

comment censoring

man has vagina

tl;dr

looks bigger shaved

geek rage

boohoo x2

time of the month
cool story bro

anal discharge

anal fistula

swine flu

hypocrite

Dark humor or not, I don't want any of it on my blog posts.

Edited by SonicJ, 13 October 2009 - 01:56 PM.

#19 xGunCrazyx  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 06:57 PM

Try blogging somewhere else?

#20 h3llbring3r   Mecha Cocksmas 2 all CAGiversary!   8993 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

h3llbring3r

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:30 PM

Try blogging somewhere else?

This.
You're posting on a gamer site that has "ass" in its title and complaining about language offending you.

#21 seen   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2503 Posts   Joined 13.9 Years Ago  

Posted 13 October 2009 - 07:59 PM

I think those tags show immaturity and are beckoning for more. I agree with that the OP should be able to remove tags.

#22 h3llbring3r   Mecha Cocksmas 2 all CAGiversary!   8993 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

h3llbring3r

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:11 PM

I wonder if we can ignore bloggers so that they don't show up in the blog roll like we can users in threads?
:-k

#23 Josef   Raising Acts! CAGiversary!   13432 Posts   Joined 17.2 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 01:03 AM

OP, just by posting this the number of tags in your most recent blog have just about doubled. You're kind of setting yourself up for this crap though.

#24 SonicJ   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   82 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 14 October 2009 - 03:00 AM

@ JoseF :It's kinda funny to read, but what I don't understand is why people don't want this functionality? I consider it like call forwarding, It's a feature available on your phone, it's up to you if you want it or not. If the feature is there, then you use it, if you don't want to, fine.

#25 FriskyTanuki   I have a piano CAGiversary!   71055 Posts   Joined 17.8 Years Ago  

FriskyTanuki

Posted 14 October 2009 - 04:16 AM

I wonder if we can ignore bloggers so that they don't show up in the blog roll like we can users in threads?
:-k

I've been asking for it since the blogs appeared last year, but it hasn't happened yet.