Amazon's Black Friday Movies & TV Deals Calenders

cupcakex1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
Amazon posted up a calender of what Blu-Ray and DVD deals they are going to have for this upcoming week.

Most notable in my eyes are probably -

Wolverine : Origins Blu-Ray - $9.99 tomorrow
Fast & Furious (2009) Blu-Ray - $9.99(most likely) Wednesday

Glad to see they are matching on F&F, really didn't want to go out on Black Friday to go get that. There probably are good deals on the other things for other people, but those two are the only ones that catches my attention. This should help out a lot of people deciding where to go for Blu's on Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
notice thursday and friday says more titles are coming!
two transformers listed, when u click one it goesto bluray.... so hopefully they get MORE blu's posted

Looks like they will also be matching the $9.99 (probably) on seasons of Smallville. Personally, I like the $14.99 price for the Looney Tunes Golden Collection V 1. May have to pick that one up.

If it's $10 for ROTF on BR, I'd skip the Walmart version with the IMAX footage for the $10 + tax savings.

[quote name='Scorch']:whee:

/edit: oh ffs, i'll be at work! If it ends up being $39.99 or less, someone buy me one please![/QUOTE]Scorch, when they did it as a Lightning Deal previously, I think it was $44.99.

Nice looking list. I hope that all of it goes on sale again black friday. i sort of wanted to match the WM movies from Amazon and get the free shipping. If they have crazy deals all week, how do I buffer out $2 and $5 movies to get to $25 shipping :/

[quote name='mbartholow']Nice looking list. I hope that all of it goes on sale again black friday. i sort of wanted to match the WM movies from Amazon and get the free shipping. If they have crazy deals all week, how do I buffer out $2 and $5 movies to get to $25 shipping :/[/QUOTE]

Sign up for the Prime trial :lol: . If you already used up a trial, make a new account just for this week. That's what I did ;)

[quote name='synergy3000']Now will have to find something to buy (that I want) to get the free shipping.[/QUOTE]

If you haven't done the Prime trial, you should sign up for it . If you already did, just make a new account and sign up for the 1 month free trial for Prime. That way you don't have to make that minimum purchase of $25 to get FSSS AND you get free 2-day shipping on all your shit :bouncy:. Unless you got some credit tied to your account or something.

Check this thread out for more info on the Prime trial -
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239466

[quote name='Rocko']I'd like to get the Looney Tunes collection tomorrow. Thanks for the post.[/QUOTE]

maybe I missed it, but what number is that in the set?

I won't be purchasing anything from the Amazon sale due to them spreading it all out like this. I don't feel like finding filler items and I don't want to have to sign up for Prime just to cancel in a month. Oh well...not too much I wanted anyways.

[quote name='62t']it takes like 20 seconds to sign up and like another 20 seconds to make it not auto renew.

I know but I have a tendency to let these things slip if I happen to be extremely busy at work the week I'm supposed to cancel.

hrrm, Spaceballs is listed as on sale but it's only $8.99 on Bluray now... (or was last night) I wonder if it'll really go cheaper, or if that could be for the DVD, or what...

[quote name='slidecage']only item i want

Stargate Atlantis: The Complete Series Collection THURSDAY

hopefully below 70[/QUOTE]

I was thinking the same but the number of complaints about the packaging for this set have given me pause....Given the individual seasons is available at wal mart for $15 (or at least seasons 1-3 and possible 4), that might be a cheaper route...esp, if you have one or two seasons already.

ah so great to have a list... now if we can just get one for games...

and I just went and cashed in 2 of my FYE rebate cards at the bank friday... 50 bucks into quarters... then just 2 hours ago changed them into an amazon gift card at the local coinstar machine so I can get the extra 10 bucks they offering on gift cards over 40 bucks... perfect timing.

[quote name='Justin42']hrrm, Spaceballs is listed as on sale but it's only $8.99 on Bluray now... (or was last night) I wonder if it'll really go cheaper, or if that could be for the DVD, or what...[/QUOTE]

It's the DVD. If you go to the list and click on it, it shows you. Anything that's bluray it'll show you as well.

[quote name='Afflicted']ah so great to have a list... now if we can just get one for games...

and I just went and cashed in 2 of my FYE rebate cards at the bank friday... 50 bucks into quarters... then just 2 hours ago changed them into an amazon gift card at the local coinstar machine so I can get the extra 10 bucks they offering on gift cards over 40 bucks... perfect timing.[/QUOTE]
Coinstar lets you do it with cash or coins. No need to go with coins. :D

What I REALLY want to know is how people find this calendar directly on Amazon? Is there calendars for Games/Electronics/Books/Etc yet?

Why did amazon spread all the titles like this? I can't buy from them now.

I would have to buy something else to get free shipping :(

Looks like I'm still going to buy them at walmart or bestbuy

Not too bad!

Thursday November 26
8am-12pm PST
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen Blu-Ray (Reg $19.99)
Friday November 27
12am-4am PST
Monsters vs Aliens Blu-Ray (Reg $19.99)
8am-12pm PST
The Dark Knight Blu-Ray (Reg $16.99)

for me!

do you guys know how itll work, is it like the lightning deals, that if i add it to my cart within the discount time itll stay the same price for the entire day? or do i have to buy it at the time its on sale only.

Fridays deal on Monsters vs Aliens is the only deal I'll be looking forward to. I either have or don't want all the other blu-ray titles.

[quote name='KAR10']Why did amazon spread all the titles like this? I can't buy from them now.

I would have to buy something else to get free shipping :(

Looks like I'm still going to buy them at walmart or bestbuy[/QUOTE]

Same. Oh well. Not really any movies, games or cds I'm looking to buy right now anyway, other than maybe grabbing stuff as a gift--and nothing on this list jumped out for that purpose.

[quote name='a wolf at fullmoon']You can sign up to get a free month trial of Amazon Prime and get free 2-day shipping on all your purchases. Now is the best time to do it.[/QUOTE]

don't you need to sign up at time of purchase?

or is there another way to sign up without purchasing anything at the same time?

There's another way.
Go on Amazon, and look in the lower right corner. Under 'Let Us Help You', you'll see 'Amazon Prime'. Click on that and it should offer you the trial unless you already had a trial already. You MIGHT get lucky and get offered another trial if you already done so though. If not, just make a new account and sign up for the trial.

I'd do it if there was a bunch of stuff I wanted....so maybe if the game or music or book deals etc. are better in terms of stuff I want or want to buy as gifts.

Still a hassle with getting a bunch of different shipments if you wanted something each day etc. I'd much prefer just one or two days with all sale prices active.

I have a question. If I were to put X-men Origins into my cart, but not buy it, and the day passed for the sale, will the price change in my cart or remain the same? Also for Amazon prime, if you have already done it you can make a new account, but do you need to use different credit card information or an entirely different address and name?

Make sure to check your accounts. Recently a bunch of people, including myself, have qualified for an Amazon Prime trial, despite being a member or having a trial in the past.

One thing missing from their calendar is Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs :br:...I hope they have it on sale on Black Friday, as I'm sure this isn't the full list.

well i created a second account for the free prime trial. then invited myself from my main account. turned auto renew off for both.
now i have the free prime trial on my main account.

Really hope Blazing Saddles is still there when I get up tomorrow around 9am. Have been wanting to see it and $2 is amazing. It probably won't be though. :( Other than that, maybe Young Frankenstein (another Mel Brooks movie I haven't seen) and maybe the Disney movies and Horton Hears a Who depending on the price.

The Stargate Atlantis Complete Series Goldbox deal on Thurs, is that different being that it's Goldbox? Does it have to appear in my Goldbox for me to get it? Or will it show it's sale price normally?

I want House MD seasons from Amazon. But i don't see anything saying they will have them on sale. Target on Black Friday will be 12 and right now at best buy they are 12. I wish Amazon would get on top of things an release a full add. Because if not i am not waiting to see if they match, ill just go buy it from Best Buy Wednesday before the sale ends.

[quote name='paz9x']well i created a second account for the free prime trial. then invited myself from my main account. turned auto renew off for both.
now i have the free prime trial on my main account.[/QUOTE]

you are my new best friend.

thank you for that.

bread's done
Back