XBLA - Puzzle Quest 2 - June 30 - 1200 points

FriskyTanuki

CAGiversary!
Feedback
36 (100%)
The sequel to the first Puzzle Quest's been officially announced for XBLA:
Put yourself closer to the action with a more intimate viewpoint of the gem-studded match-3 video game Puzzle Quest 2, announced today for Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and Nintendo DS™. Puzzle Quest 2 combines its trademark style with an enhanced real-time experience using all-new weapons, spells, and shields that make every decision meaningful and never passive in the deepest puzzle adventure yet. Named one of GamePro’s “Top Upcoming Sequels of 2010”, Puzzle Quest 2 is scheduled for release in spring 2010 from D3Publisher.

“Puzzle Quest is an award winning franchise with numerous accolades including an Interactive Achievement Award for “Best Downloadable Game of the Year” for Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords,” said Peter Andrew, vice president of product development, D3P. “Puzzle Quest 2 returns with a captivating, rewarding, and accessible journey for gamers of all levels as the ultimate delivery system for the mental release puzzle gamers seek.”

Puzzle Quest 2 features its hallmark blend of match-3 gem matching and fantasy, with a simple but meaningful role playing experience where players can choose any of four character classes; War Mage, Inquisitor, Barbarian or Assassin. Each character class provides interesting twists during multiple play-throughs as players reclaim the once peaceful village of Verloren from the evil clutch of the demon Gorgon. Players will be able to level up each character to progress through the adventure in Story Mode or even dive into Instant Action, Tournament Mode, or Mutliplayer Mode for a rich and diverse experience. With the entire Puzzle Quest world accessible on your fingertips in real-time action, players will be able to get a more streamlined experience for instant gratification.
They keep mentioning "real-time action" that makes me question if the combat's changed since the screenshots look the same.

[IMG-L=165]10370[/IMG-L][IMG-L=165]10369[/IMG-L][IMG-L=165]10368[/IMG-L]

:whee:

Loved Puzzle Quest. I ended up getting too frustrated w/ Galactrix though (I hated the lines ability to move in any direction). Looking forward to the "classic" play again.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The sequel to the first Puzzle Quest's been officially announced for XBLA:

They keep mentioning "real-time action" that makes me question if the combat's changed since the screenshots look the same.

[IMG-L=165]10370[/IMG-L][IMG-L=165]10369[/IMG-L][IMG-L=165]10368[/IMG-L][/QUOTE]

How on earth do you take Bejeweled and turn it into a real-time game? :whistle2:s

awesome game, played countless hours at the airport between trips but I don't think it flows the same with a controller. it's still all about the mouse and keyboard for me with this at least. only difference could be competitive multiplayer.

[quote name='Spybreak8']I'm all for it if they fix the blatant AI cheating from the first. I'd also want more modes as well.[/QUOTE]
It was fixed for Galactrix, so it shouldn't be an issue in PQ2.

... Great. The first game OWNED my soul as Tetris and the Bejeweled games did before it. Do the developers have no mercy?

I'll probably skip the DS version this time and just get the XBLA one. Had them both last time (but no PSP version).

I just read this
Namco Bandai has said that Puzzle Quest 2 will be released for Xbox Live Arcade on June 23rd..

it also says this date on gamespot.

[quote name='punklivz']I just read this
Namco Bandai has said that Puzzle Quest 2 will be released for Xbox Live Arcade on June 23rd..

it also says this date on gamespot.[/QUOTE]

Awesome!

[quote name='punklivz']I just read this

it also says this date on gamespot.[/QUOTE]

Definitely buying it on release day, so glad to know it is only a few days from now! :bouncy:

I beat the first one awhile back, and am on my second character. I've had 1600 points waiting for this game, because I have all the games that I want. I read it will be 1200 MS points (15$). I'll be getting it the day it comes out for sure!

Major Nelson updated his blog for the deals and releases of next week, and Puzzle Quest 2 is not on it. I hope that does not mean it won't be released next week.

Edit: Doing a web search, the results I get say it will be released on XBLA on June 30, 2010.

[quote name='punklivz']I hope not either. Where did you get the 30th? what website? I found my info from a couple of blogs, and from gamespot.com[/QUOTE]

When I type "puzzle quest 2 release date" into ask.com it comes up as being released on the 30th. I found the article you are going by though, so I hope that one is right.

The release date has been known for a long time. I posted it over a month ago in another thread. I still need to finish the first game, though. :whistle2:\

[quote name='Matt Young']The release date has been known for a long time. I posted it over a month ago in another thread. I still need to finish the first game, though. :whistle2:\[/QUOTE]

I think the reason people thought it would come out next week is that the DS version comes out next week. Still a 1 week delay isn't that bad.

Sony isn't even getting it all from what I can tell, all the ads I've seen for it (including at their booth at PAX East) said DS/XBLA only.

The DS versions release date has been known for "a long time" the XBLA is still TBD on xbox.com, and most websites are saying either June 23rd or the 30th. The first Puzzle Quest came out on XBLA MONTHS after it was released for the DS. I want an official release date!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
No, the first XBLA Puzzle Quest came out several months after the DS version (even though it was the lead development platform).

I"m irritated this isn't on the PSP. I bought the original on my psp, my ds, and my xbox. I prefer playing on the PSP because I can play it before bed, or when I'm at the doctor. They need to do a PSP version, damnit!

[quote name='Gnomes and Pie']According to the game's official facebook page, PQ2 will be available June 30th on XBLA.[/QUOTE]

Aw, I was hoping it'd be this week.

[quote name='punklivz']We have an XBLA launch date! We will be available for download on Xbox Live Arcade on June 30th for 1200 Microsoft Points[/QUOTE]

Was the last Puzzle Quest or Galactrix 1200 points at launch? Just curious if the game was always $15 or if it went up due to it's success. I know I'll leap to buy it next Wednesday; just a question for curiosity's sake.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Was the last Puzzle Quest or Galactrix 1200 points at launch? Just curious if the game was always $15 or if it went up due to it's success. I know I'll leap to buy it next Wednesday; just a question for curiosity's sake.[/QUOTE]

The original was 1200 at launch. No clue on Galactrix since I had no interest in it after all the previews/impressions I read.

Speaking of the original, they really need to lower the price of the DLC for it.

[quote name='utopianmachine']Was the last Puzzle Quest or Galactrix 1200 points at launch? Just curious if the game was always $15 or if it went up due to it's success. I know I'll leap to buy it next Wednesday; just a question for curiosity's sake.[/QUOTE]
Puzzle Quest was 1200 points and Galactrix was 1600 points at launch.

[quote name='Ryukahn']The original was 1200 at launch. No clue on Galactrix since I had no interest in it after all the previews/impressions I read.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info.

[quote name='Sinfulfate']Puzzle Quest was 1200 points and Galactrix was 1600 points at launch.[/QUOTE]

Man, they got cocky on Galactrix...and it sucked so much.

I will pass on this for now. With Microsoft's XBLA sales as of late, I will just wait for this to go lower.

I however have been playing the DS version like CRAZY. Man have I missed the REAL Puzzle Quest. The puzzles are excellent, the objectives are fun, the new weapons are great and I really am digging the dungeon crawling/ movement that has you moving around, but never TOO much to pull away from the puzzling.

Bought. No reason not to. I got more enjoyable play out of Puzzle Quest than any $60 title I have played on XBox 360. This is sure to be worth a measly 1200 pts.

no idea why people thought galactrix suked, so what they tried something different that doesn't mean it suks. I liked it, wish more people gave it a chance, 1600 was a steep price to pay but it has an enormous ammount of content. Now for puzzle quest 2, can you say awesome just played until i reached level 7 and stopped...highly addictive like every other puzzle quest i have ever played.

[quote name='OblivionScamp']no idea why people thought galactrix suked, so what they tried something different that doesn't mean it suks. I liked it, wish more people gave it a chance, 1600 was a steep price to pay but it has an enormous ammount of content. Now for puzzle quest 2, can you say awesome just played until i reached level 7 and stopped...highly addictive like every other puzzle quest i have ever played.[/QUOTE]

Puzzle Quest Galactrix didn't have the immediate charm that Puzzle Quest had. The game world felt flat and stale, and the hexagonal matching system didn't endear itself to many players.

man this game is fuck 'ing cheap. no not the price but the way the enemies start turns first and just blast you to shit before you have a turn.

I remember playing the first one and loving it but the enemies are brutal cheaters. I had one goblin today get 4 in a row 12 times in a row and kept casting me to miss 2 turns over and over, It blew because it left me finally with 2 hit points and I didn't get the achievement for dieing from 1 turn lol.

I mean it could have been my fault who knows. I mean the game is really fun and for 15 bucks I still feel like its a bargain since it sells for like 29.99 on DS. But I haven't wanted to actually throw a controller like that since I played the last one lol.

they should give you a Valium prescription with this game

[quote name='Kezmer']man this game is fuck 'ing cheap. no not the price but the way the enemies start turns first and just blast you to shit before you have a turn.

I remember playing the first one and loving it but the enemies are brutal cheaters. I had one goblin today get 4 in a row 12 times in a row and kept casting me to miss 2 turns over and over, It blew because it left me finally with 2 hit points and I didn't get the achievement for dieing from 1 turn lol.[/QUOTE]

When you level increase your agility stat and then you will start first, whoever has the highest agility starts first.

Unless the 360 version is vastly different than the DS version (I've got that version, wanted portability), the game has been far better balanced in terms of the enemy getting lucky. It still happens but it seems to happen for the player about as much as it happens to the computer.

bread's done
Back