LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]10662[/IMG-R]Today's Amazon Deal of the Day:

iconamazon.gif
Assassins Creed II (360/PS3) $39.78

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny how it says Assassin's Creed without the II on the deal. It would be awful if they sent out copies of the original instead of the sequel.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']On the Gold Box page it doesn't say it, but on the VG deal it clearly states "II"...pretty odd, but I'm sure they'll send II.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. It even shows a picture of the second one. I'm just messing around.

How is the game's free-roaming set up? Can you do anything you want? Or what? Are the side missions worth doing/the world worth exploring?

Thanks OP.. This is a great use for the $40 promo credit from buy $80 get $40. Last game purchase of the year! Just have to play catch up now... Demons Souls - Dragon Age - L4D2 - Uncharted - MGS4 - Dead Space and Batman AA. That should take up a weekend or two.

Well this sucks, I just applied a $25 gift certificate to my account and it's nowhere to be found. When I try re-entering it the site says I have already entered the code to my account.

You can free run anywhere you want that's opened up to you. New areas, or expansions of places you already are, come at a steady pace.

Main story is strictly linear based around missions. Of course for some of them you will have slightly different ways of accomplishing, but you must do them in order from start to end to beat the game.

Sidequests such as running/deliveries/beating up/assassinations don't, I think, give you anything other than money. No achievements or anything else. Collecting all the feathers will get you something for Ezio while finding and deciphering all the glyphs will unlock crazy amounts of text/messages(while doing them) and a segments to a movie you'll finally make sense of after you finish them all.

Finishing each of the 6 tombs(5 optional) gives you something for ezio as well that is spelled out early in the game. Not only that, they're extremely fun and rewarding to do in their own right. The little side quests in town are ok, but not nearly as good. You can also find treasure around the towns, marked by maps you buy, but they again only give you money.

The side stuff I found in the game comes out to half good/half bad. Fun to explore, find and do but not enough of it served a purpose. Money is only scarce for a very short time and afterwards you'll likely have more money than there are products to buy.

Awesome deal. This was one of the three games I was hoping to get a great deal on (the others being the new Ratchet and Borderlands). Can't complain about $40 for this game. I'm in.

It's 6 am over here n I just texted my gf the price..she better wake her ass up n get it for me for Xmas or I'll be mad I missed it at 40..might have to break her off after 3 and a half years...that's fair right?

Just ordered it. Great deal! I picked up the original AC at Best Buy yesterday for $17, so this is pretty delicious. I essentially got both games for the normal MSRP of one. Works fine with me...this has been a pretty good bargain year for me game-wise, with the B2G1's and Best Buy marking down titles all over the place. Awesome! Adding a bunch of good games to my collection.

I've been waiting for an ACII deal all holiday season, I thought it would never come. In for 1. I officially have every triple a title from this season. Color me satisfied.

[quote name='kearns710']It's 6 am over here n I just texted my gf the price..she better wake her ass up n get it for me for Xmas or I'll be mad I missed it at 40..might have to break her off after 3 and a half years...that's fair right?[/QUOTE]
LOL what did you get your gf?

I don't know if this is worth it, the first one was fun for a while, but it got really repetitive. How's this game do with the repetitive-ness?

I dont understand why Amazon didnt sell this at this price on black friday week......This was the price I was waiting for.....I ended up buying somewhere else....

[quote name='AionTelos']I don't know if this is worth it, the first one was fun for a while, but it got really repetitive. How's this game do with the repetitive-ness?[/QUOTE]

From everything I heard, and I listen to a lot of game podcasts, it has a lot more variety and fixed the repetitive feeling. This was coming from many people who couldn't finish the first one but then loved the second.

I really wanted to buy this game, so when I saw it at this price I had to jump on the deal. Damn Amazon they are making me spend more money than what I've wanted.

Patience does pay off. This is the game I wanted the most, but I just couldn't see myself paying $60 for ANY game. For $40 I am all over it.

Picked it up for a friend for Christmas. Got it for $30 shipped w/ Prime and $10 credit from buying L4D2, good deal!

I got the first one over Thanksgiving weekend from Amazon for $9.99 and like it although I can see the repetitive complaints. I gladly ordered this at this price so I essentially got both games for $50. Can't beat that especially with AC2 not being out very long.

[quote name='CheapyD']I finished it today...definitely one of the best games of the year.[/QUOTE]
It's still not perfect; they've yet to strike the perfect balance, but it's getting there. Til ACIII!

If the first game didn't suck so badly, I would think about picking up this one. I still have yet to make it past the first few levels of the first. I will be waiting on this deal. I have a huge back log anyways, and I would like to at least get through the first before getting the second.

Ubisoft's track record for price drops tells anyone on the fence to wait. It will be this price again soon, if not lower. ;)

I didn't really care for the first game, but I rented part 2 and was so enthralled with it that I beat it in about 3 days. Awesome game. I'll probably buy it just to own it when it gets around $20.

If you're wondering about this game cause you didn't like the first one it's definitely a huge improvement. I put about 18 hours into the game before returning it, and nothing was really repetitive. The game isn't perfect, but it's fun, and unique. My biggest gripe would be that the boss battle at the end is really bad.

Two questions, TIA:

1. Does ACII have subtitles? The first doesn't and i can't hear old English well...
2. Achievements/Trophies are easy?

[quote name='Serpentor']Two questions, TIA:

1. Does ACII have subtitles? The first doesn't and i can't hear old English well...
2. Achievements/Trophies are easy?[/QUOTE]

1) Yes -- you can turn them on/off
2) Easy depends on the individual. Some are some are not.

bread's done
Back