CAGcast #182: 2 Girls, 1 Show - LIVE!

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[preview][img-l=4668]3078[/img-l]On this live show, special guest Jesse Divnich, gaming analyst from EEDAR, joins Wombat and Cheapy to discuss game retailers and the fight for your gaming dollars. We've also got the latest industry and game shopping news, your live phone calls and oh so much more!

[podcast]91[/podcast]
Download - 90 minutes, 23MB

Review us on iTunes!

Support the CAGcast with these GoDaddy coupon codes:
10% off any order = CAG10
$5 off $30 = CAG5OFF30
$6.95 domain = CAGDOMAIN

and a free Netfix trial![/preview]

Show Linkage/Notes (click the button below to expand):

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed calls will be take AND games will be discussed.

One of the reasons for the live show is that my iMac is in the shop. I'll be doing the show off my my Macbook which puts out a fair amount of fan noise. It would drive me insane during the production process. Live show = no production process.
Also, lazy.

It's nice to mix it up with live shows now and then and with BTR they're better than ever so i don't see this as a negative as long as stoned people who only talk about how cool it is that they got on the show is kept to a minimum!

ps. can you call in from a cellphone from europe? all i got last time was a busy signal

cool, hopefully it will be up by thursday morning so i can listen during the commute, i wont be able to listen to it live

[quote name='bsesb2003']We need a Child's Play Cagathon[/QUOTE]
That is not a bad suggestion...any ideas on what we/I can do?

[quote name='CheapyD']That is not a bad suggestion...any ideas on what we/I can do?[/QUOTE]

Donate $20 to insult Wombat for 1 minute?

Or buy our way onto a future show segment ala what you did with STern.

Sweet. CAGathon sounds like a good idea. Too bad it's going to be impossible to round up a calvacade of "stars" to rouse the listenership into donations, though. Maybe you can get reality show king Jimmie Mac to help drum up some guest callers for the show?

[quote name='xPolakNinja']LOL hopefully someone calls up and you crush their dreams again ahhahahahaha funii shit[/QUOTE]
HaHaHaHa Great Lol:lol:

[quote name='CheapyD']That is not a bad suggestion...any ideas on what we/I can do?[/QUOTE]

I think if you have a contact a Child's Play, maybe bring this person on the air for a few minutes talking about the charity. It might drum up some additional support.

Of course, you'd have to prepare the spokesperson for the live nature of the show...and some of the extreme commentary in the chatroom.

Last edited by a moderator:
I dig the live shows but, to put it lightly, they make me appreciate call screeners on "real" radio. Please don't feel like you have to keep answering calls just because 30 people are in line to talk to you.

I listen to a few podcasts that do all of their shows with a live chat and don't take calls at all.

[quote name='Curufinwe']Please don't call in if you're going to mumble and waste time, people.[/QUOTE]

I guess I won't call in then

Can't wait to hear ten people asking what to do with their dead 360s.

bummer for me. I can never make it through the live shows. They always seem low energy and blah. Oh well, I'll at least start listening.

I'm going to try to listen tonight. What the hell, if I manage to get a few beers in me, I may even dial up. It can't be worse than those sweet "What's your favorite game character?" questions.

good show, i enjoyed it more this time. less spammers in the chatroom AND two female callers?? congrats. :)

Good show, miles above the past couple of live shows.

I'm convinced those two chicks were paid off to call in the show.

ummmm ummmmm..... ummmmm.....

My "crummy" God of War III codes were popular. :lol:
I'll send you more "crummy" shit to give away on the CAGcast soon enough.

LOL great show as usual guys, keep up the great work.

-FrankCastleAZ

[quote name='xPolakNinja']LOL hopefully someone calls up and you crush their dreams again ahhahahahaha funii shit[/QUOTE]

Not if it happens to you. :(

[quote name='Timett']I dig the live shows but, to put it lightly, they make me appreciate call screeners on "real" radio. Please don't feel like you have to keep answering calls just because 30 people are in line to talk to you.

I listen to a few podcasts that do all of their shows with a live chat and don't take calls at all.[/QUOTE]

I agree with screening callers. If nothing else it will make sure there is at least one caller that says 'Um' 700 times.

585 is the area code for Rochester, NY. 716 was shared between Rochester and Buffalo but we lost it about 10 years ago.

Wombat should write up a review of those X41 headphones for the site :) I've had those in my Amazon wishlist for a while. It's between those and the Trittons. Some of the reviews for the Trittons sound like they might not be that comfortable for some, but others seem to really like them. The older Turtle Beach wireless headsets had some reports of a background buzz due to the IR, so I didn't think I could stand that.

Or Cheapy could give a set to shipwreck, who does actually write a lot of reviews ;)

Thanks for the show guys.

Another great show Cheapy and Wombat. To raise more money for Child's Play why not do a dual show with another podcast like Bitmob or something?

Cheapy, one thing someone forgot to bring up for possible PSN premium services is PS2 backwards compatability as a one time download. I'm sure it'd be a popular download if the emulation quality was good.

I think Wombat was more jerkish in this episode than usual. Something tells me his attitude is becoming a problem so someone needs to smack him back into his sheepish self before he tries to take over the world. Otherwise, the show was good and hopefully another Live show is done before the new year.

What about people donating to Child's Play get into the CAG beta?

Makes it free for you and easy on your parents.

Yes I'm in the middle of listening to the show

bread's done
Back