House of the Dead Overkill & Madworld (Wii) - $12.99 Each at Amazon

bsesb2003

CAGiversary!
Amazon - found on the CAG Price Tracker -- some good drops on there today
wii.gif
House of the Dead: Overkill
wii.gif
MadWorld
http://www.amazon.com/House-Dead-Ov..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1263218528&sr=8-1

Last edited by a moderator:
HotD is a blast! It's also not something to play when kids are within earshot. Short, easy, great looking Wii title. And pretty funny too!

MjC

HOTDOK was a major disappointment compared to any of the arcade HOTDs. The soundtrack was idiotic, the swearing was pointless, the plot was worthless and it's glitchy. Zombies kept getting stuck in doorways and the game froze on me during the first boss battle. The warden peeing outside the prison pretty much sums up the whole game. I just want Sega to release HOTD4 for the home at last.

If you can get the game cheap, then by all means do so; it sure beats the $49.99 they WERE charging for it once upon a time.

Did anyone else notice lag while playing HotD Overkill? I only played for about 20 minutes, but at many points the game would stutter horribly. I never had this problem with the other house of the dead games for Wii

[quote name='Illustr8r']HOTDOK was a major disappointment compared to any of the arcade HOTDs.[/QUOTE]I have HotD:Overkill and had HotD Returns 2+3. I say had, because I traded in 2+3 recently because I never played it. It was fun for a short while. Overkill, on the other hand, I'll never trade in, it's a keeper. The game is great. I think it's much better than 2+3 and well worth the $13.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Did anyone else notice lag while playing HotD Overkill? I only played for about 20 minutes, but at many points the game would stutter horribly. I never had this problem with the other house of the dead games for Wii[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I had the same problem at certain points.

[quote name='Dysheekie']Did anyone else notice lag while playing HotD Overkill? I only played for about 20 minutes, but at many points the game would stutter horribly. I never had this problem with the other house of the dead games for Wii[/QUOTE]

Poorly coded game. Some of the high speed weapons will cause artifacts to pop up. Yeah and it has some lag but it didn't bother me. You might want to check youtube and see if your lag is greater than normal.

I wonder if I have a bad game disc. I think mine is worse than I've read about (or seen). It affects shooting and reloading -- it's a very noticeable stutter and happened very frequently.

If you use a shotgun that is maxed out all the way, you are going to notice lag every time you shoot a zombie. If you use dual shotguns and shoot simultaneously its even more noticeable. You just sort of get used to it, but at the same time not really. It's still one of my favorite wii games. I would never get rid of it.

these are two very overlooked games for the wii, both are excellent titles. i just wish mad world would get re-made\ported to a system so i dont have to stand there and wave my hands around like im on fire.

[quote name='eugaet']I have HotD:Overkill and had HotD Returns 2+3. I say had, because I traded in 2+3 recently because I never played it. It was fun for a short while. Overkill, on the other hand, I'll never trade in, it's a keeper. The game is great. I think it's much better than 2+3 and well worth the $13.[/QUOTE]

Funny I feel the exact opposite for HOTD Return 2+3 and Overkill. I find that the Japanese HoTD are more fun. Maybe because I have them on the Dreamcast and the original Xbox so they are more familiar. I don't know. Overkill is just too dark for my taste I guess.

Will probably grab HotD...been holding out on it, might as well grab it. Still looking for The Conduit too...missed that $10 Gamefly sale.

I bought these 2 games when they were the same prices now during the holiday. I haven't touched Madworld yet, bot HOTDO is total badass. Worth every penny.

I'm so on HotD:Overkill. Already own Madworld, but seeing as how amazon.com has Ninja Gaiden Sigma for 18 dollars, that pushed me over the edge so I could get the free shipping. =P

Wow, I'm actually surprised that there is actually people getting these. I was ready to come into this thread defending the hell out of both of those games. Then again, I'm sure everyone who would say "but it's on the wii!!!" "it's not cheap enough!!!" and the crowd favorite "bawww!!!!" have already said it in the countless other HOTD and Madworld threads.

Might have to bite. Just ordered a Wii today because my wife wanted a Wii and Wii Fit Plus. With Prime, this is sweet because I have to wait a week or so before Wii Fit arrives (ordered it from Wal-Mart since Amazon was OOS).

Hell yeah, thanks OP! Didn't know much of anything on both til I saw those prices, watched some vids and holy crap! Great stuff for the Wii, rare!

Thanks OP.

Does anyone have some good light gun recommendations? Im looking for a shotgun in particular, to capture a bit of the HotD 3 arcade experience.

Both worth owning but have their quirks

Madworld - Combat works ok but seems underwhelming. Game is short in 4-5 hour range from what I heard but I've yet to beat it.

HOTD: Overkill: Only hated the constant "pausing" while playing the game, other then that love it. Easily worth $20ish.

Would recommend both of these at the price. Madworld can get a bit repetitive, but you will get your moneys worth out of it imo. HOTD is short but again, for the price.

As for the gun shell, I think the general opinion is that the Nyko perfect shot is the way to go (alternatively, the nerf guns are supposed to be good for those with smaller hands.). but, for a shotgun ... the only one I know of is from the big game hunter game ... no clue if it is any good.

Would recommend both of these at the price. Madworld can get a bit repetitive, but you will get your moneys worth out of it imo. HOTD is short but again, for the price. I think I clocked in at 7 hours for Madworld, and 3 for HOTD.

As for the gun shell, I think the general opinion is that the Nyko perfect shot is the way to go (alternatively, the nerf guns are supposed to be good for those with smaller hands.). but, for a shotgun ... the only one I know of is from the big game hunter game ... no clue if it is any good.

[quote name='Illustr8r']The soundtrack was idiotic, the swearing was pointless, the plot was worthless[/QUOTE]

That was the point.

I highly recommend the Nyko Perfect Shot. And if you can get two, you can dual-wield. Left hand = player 1, right hand = player 2. It's a great deal of fun.

For anyone else who needs light gun recommendations:

If you have big hands, the Perfect Shot is, in fact, amazing! My only complaint is that you actually have to pull the trigger a bit, since it and the plastic that pushes the B button are one big piece.

For smaller hands, the Nerf gun is also amazing. The trigger is a lot better than the PS since it uses a mechinism to hit the B button, so a quick twitch can fire off a shot no problem. But like I said, definitely for smaller hands. The handle is very short and has finger curves built in, so if your hand doesn't fit, it'll feel awkward and may even leave your pinky hanging off. Plus, it works as an actual nerf gun! :D

Finally, we have the Action Pak for those needing both gun and remote. Sadly, I have not used this but it sounds solid in theory. It's basically a cut down Perfect Shot that uses a special port built into the Wand to forego any need to touch the B Button. Just pull the trigger and it will automatically register as a shot. Like i said, I haven't used the gun, but i do have a Wand. The Wand is a great substitute for the Nintendo Wiimote (not that there are any other choices). I especially like the bigger buttons and the grip built onto the B button and the battery cover. I do have a slight complaint with it though. When batteries run low, button presses lag as a mofo on it.

and of course, there is the RE Blaster for those than want to be straight up badass and the Wii Zapper for those that want to be the definition of lame.

Heard mix opinions on Madworld....is it worth $12?... as I really want to get it but have so many other Wii games still in wrap and don't want to add it to the pile....but for the price it's tempting

I haven't played it enough to really say how I would rate it, but I can definitely say that if you want to step away from the standard Wii gaming feel and experience something very much new Madworld has that going for it without question.

LOL, I was just going to order HOTD: Overkill. It was in my basket but I took too long and by the time I was ready to order, it went out of stock.
It said it would be available to ship again in 2 days, but then they changed that to 2-4 weeks shortly after. :(

bread's done
Back