"Tekken" movie. Trailer now live!

Y Y Y? (not yea yea yea) Makes bloodsport look like oscar material. No but really the fight choreo looks decent. Heihachi, Raven, Eddie, and Nina look MUCH too literal, almost SF:The Movie bad. The Jin kid looks legit. Is this direct to dvd? Would be a great slow nite netflix stream.

live action videogame movies always suck especially the fighting ones....no wait the first mortal kombat was cool and thats the only one.

Wasn't this supposed to be out when Tekken 6: BR came out? Didn't even realize they pushed it back. It looks better than the recent Street Fighter movie at least. And where's Jin's spiky hair?

P.S. lol arena stage of Tekken 4....

[quote name='lokizz']live action videogame movies always suck especially the fighting ones....no wait the first mortal kombat was cool and thats the only one.[/QUOTE]

The DOA movie was cool. If you don't go into DOA expecting Enter the Dragon, you have a decent, fun film to pass a night away with. Plus, Jaime Pressly was looking mighty fine.

Looks like they cut back on the budget for hair gel. I am going to be scared to see what Pauls hair would look like. I wouldn't mind seeing this trash at my Theater though. Tekken is still my favorite fighting series, but 6 was a little bit of a let down. I fear this movie may kill the series.

Surprisingly enough, it doesnt look as bad as I imagined it (although I can imagine pretty terrible stuff), that being said Ill probably vote it better than any of the SF movies, despite being a SF fan (or because of?) And is it me or does Jin look like the whitest asian ever, or the most asian white boy ever? Couldnt tell really. Better than the DBZ movie.

They should have just made a direct to DVD CG film. Is there a reason Jin isn't asian? I mean ... damn.

whoa, they have really good costumes they look almost exactly like they do in the game, this may be really good if you like tekken. I'm going to pay to see it. No King in the trailer though.

Ugh... this type of 'quality' would have been acceptable in the early to late nineties but even as a kid I doubt you could have convinced me to pay for my own ticket to watch this disaster unfold. At least SF was so bad it should have won an Oscar as one of the best surprise comedies of its release year. I'm skeptical Tekken can eclipse it.

Btw where the hell is King and Armor King!? -_-'

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The DOA movie was cool. If you don't go into DOA expecting Enter the Dragon, you have a decent, fun film to pass a night away with. Plus, Jaime Pressly was looking mighty fine.[/QUOTE]

Yup. As long as the fight choreography is decent, nothing else matters. It has Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury and Cung Le as Law, so at least they're getting serious fighters (and not actors, evidently).

[quote name='trq']Yup. As long as the fight choreography is decent, nothing else matters. It has Gary Daniels as Bryan Fury and Cung Le as Law, so at least they're getting serious fighters (and not actors, evidently).[/QUOTE]

Exactly.

Yeah you don't watch movies like this for story. Better have good action sequences.

I liked DOA's interpretation of the characters. Especially Helena.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']The DOA movie was cool. If you don't go into DOA expecting Enter the Dragon, you have a decent, fun film to pass a night away with. Plus, Jaime Pressly was looking mighty fine.[/QUOTE]

I have yet to watch DOA...but this new movie might just be worth checking out.

bread's done
Back