Halo Legends Special Edition (Best Buy Exclusive) Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™

iNCREDiPiNOY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
216 (100%)
Best Buy is getting Halo Legends Special Edition Blu-ray & DVD SteelBook™ on February 16, 2010 for $29.99 (Blu-ray) & $18.99 (DVD). The SKU # is 9741277 for Blu-ray & 9741213 for DVD. Thanks to kaliraver69 for the finding!

sb_halobook0214_01.gif

Blu-ray - $25.99
9741277.jpg

DVD - $18.99
9741213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If this goes like the Hurt Locker scenario, it'll be listed at $29.99 and go on sale on release week for $24.99.

Not showing up on BB.com when searched by SKU # or "halo legends".

Currently, there's a single disc DVD, a 2-disc SE DVD and the BR version.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']so are the steelbooks already on the shelves? or will they only pop up when released on tuesday?[/QUOTE]It's probably like they did for Hurt Locker, it's an exclusive BB item and not a pre-order bonus.

I'd check on BB.com for it being available online.

5 to 1 says it's a DVD sized case lol oh well I'll end up getting it anyway. I wonder if these are also going to be hard to get like the Hurt Locker. My BB only had 1 Steelbook and 2 reg's of that movie the day that I went in.

Hmm maybe it's just me but I can't find it on BB site and it has the EXACT same picture as the one at amazon. I thought the trend for steelbooks was to have a different cover?

[quote name='Zillions']Hmm maybe it's just me but I can't find it on BB site and it has the EXACT same picture as the one at amazon. I thought the trend for steelbooks was to have a different cover?[/QUOTE]

This isn't up yet, give it another week or 2. Looks like Futureshop is getting these too. Bauna has no info on this whether if is steelbook or ironpak.

[quote name='genfuyung']Dont know how you guys justify the price on these as awesome as they are.[/QUOTE]

Steelbooks are usually worth more in the long run. They tend to hold there value.

Any possibility this will be Blu/DVD or a combo? I'm still in SD, and can't justify ugrading just yet. God, I want that bad!!!!

[quote name='genfuyung']Dont know how you guys justify the price on these as awesome as they are.[/QUOTE]

Most tend to go up in value pretty quick. The Futureshop 'I Am Legend' Steelbook goes for over $200 on eBay.

[quote name='genfuyung']Dont know how you guys justify the price on these as awesome as they are.[/QUOTE]If it's double-dipping, like they did on the Pixar/Disney steelbooks this holiday season, that's a tough one to swallow.

If you're going to be picking one up and you don't already own it, it's something to decide if you're willing to pay the price now for the movie on release instead of waiting later when it'll drop in price. I picked up the BB steelbook for Hurt Locker, though I was planning to get it anyway, so that was an easy decision.

The whole "import from Canada from FutureShop" of "import from Germany/some other country" situation when you're paying 2-3x the normal cost of the money, that's not for me. Cool stuff, though not my cup of tea.

plus if you import, you are inherently getting something un-American. not that it matters in a 'pride' sort of sense, but more like their language and callouts and logos are all different. I'd figure if you went for those, you'd have to go for all of them..which is insane!

[quote name='shrike4242']
The whole "import from Canada from FutureShop" of "import from Germany/some other country" situation when you're paying 2-3x the normal cost of the money, that's not for me. Cool stuff, though not my cup of tea.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I only pick up the American released Steels on Blu... which are so far the 9 Bond Movies, This is It, The Hurt Locker, and the 11 Disneys... and as it looks New Moon & Halo Legends.

[quote name='philmcfly']Ditto. I only pick up the American released Steels on Blu... which are so far the 9 Bond Movies, This is It, The Hurt Locker, and the 11 Disneys... and as it looks New Moon & Halo Legends.[/QUOTE]I passed on the Bond steelbooks, since I had the first six non-steelbooks from Amazon for $6 each during BF 2008, so I couldn't justify going with some with and some without, especially if we're not sure when they'd be doing the rest of them and if they're going to do any more in the future.

The Disney ones, I only did Up and Sleeping Beauty from the BB pre-orders, the rest of them would have been double-dips for me, so I was going to pass.

If there's more in the future I'd be interested in, like Halo Legends, then I'd look into getting it. Otherwise, I'm passing.

I am very interested in the Halo Legends steelbook. The two episodes that I saw were really great. I love animated shorts that give alternate perspectives (Animatrix, Gotham Knights).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']"Fullscreen"...that has to be a mistake right? The DVD versions have "Fullscreen" on the description as well.[/QUOTE]They've had full screen on previous BR releases before and they obviously were widescreen.

There are 4:3 BR's, usually old TV shows such as The Prisoner.

Question regarding the three versions (Single disc DVD, 2-disc Special Edition DVD, Blu-Ray)...

Does anyone know if the Blu-Ray has the same features as the 2 disc special edition DVD? Or will it have less content like the one disc dvd?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Beware, this will be the same size as DVD, sorry folks.[/QUOTE]

So does this mean the blu-ray steelbook is the same size as a dvd case?

So this is only blu ray? I freaking hate that crap! If you're going to do a special edition, do it for all platforms. Same as the Family GUy Star Wars 2 SE, only blu ray. There's just not any DVD love left in the world!

[quote name='xbox_mole']I thought OP said the SKU for the Steelbook was: 9741277 ?[/QUOTE]Doesn't come up on the BB.com website.

I posted what did work on the site, and when they did Hurt Locker, it was the only BR version listed on the site, the one with the steelbook.

Just got a new Laptop with a bluray player and this is probably going to be the first bluray I buy. I think I am going to be addicted to Bluray Steelbooks :(, sucks that the US doesn't seem to get that many of them.

Time to wait out the link to see if it's going to show that it's the steelbook or not.

That, or wait until I get the ad in-hand on next Saturday and double-check the SKU # from the ad.

Well after seeing HL I can't say i'm too impressed, I understand different studios did it but episode 1 in particular just looked bad and it really stands out while episode 2 continues the story and the detail is much, much better. There were a few other instances of this throughout but as for the story unlike the Animatrix or Batman Gotham Knights I think the runtime is just killing them here . There were some interesting things brought up that could have easily been expanded on but this is all we get and personally I just find it unsatisfying .

bread's done
Back