Buy 2 Xbox 360 Platinum Hits, Get 1 Free at Amazon

Some decent choices...I may jump for Mass Effect, Orange Box, and Halo Wars. Unfortunately it's just going to make my backlog even deeper...

Prices range from around $18-$30 each.

Mass Effect
Assassin's Creed
Bioshock
Burnout Paradise
Halo 3
Grand Theft Auto 4
Fallout 3
The Orange Box
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Game of the Year Edition
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Army of Two
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed
Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe
Resident Evil 5
Battlefield: Bad Company
Soul Calibur IV
Street Fighter IV
Dead Rising
Fable 2
Left 4 Dead - Game of the Year Edition
Gears of War (2-Disc Edition)
Ninja Gaiden II
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Viva Piñata
Need for Speed: Undercover
Fight Night Round 3
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
Forza 2
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter 2
Table Tennis
Turok
Spider-Man 3
Halo Wars
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Shrek The Third

[quote name='reddjoey']When did Turok go platinum?[/QUOTE]

When Amazon bought too many copies from the manufacturer and now needs to unload them on the masses. :whistle2:|

I'm still waiting to see if gohastings.com will honor my b1g1 free glitch order. They shipped Gears of War but Mass Effect has been sitting as "in progress" for a while now.

Due to that I only see two games I want that I don't already have on the PC, PS3 or 360...

Damn you gohastings...

[quote name='JoshTX']When Amazon bought too many copies from the manufacturer and now needs to unload them on the masses. :whistle2:|[/QUOTE]
That, and Turok never sold well to begin with.

Slightly interested in Fable 2 PH, but can't find anything to match it with that doesn't go for $10-15 max on Ebay. Wish they would've done a B2G1 on PS3 Greatest Hits games.

[quote name='probablysober']I'm still waiting to see if gohastings.com will honor my b1g1 free glitch order. They shipped Gears of War but Mass Effect has been sitting as "in progress" for a while now.

Due to that I only see two games I want that I don't already have on the PC, PS3 or 360...

Damn you gohastings...[/QUOTE]
I'm also waiting for ME from gohastings. But I'm enjoying the other game that I got from them (Star Wars Force Unleashed) while I wait.

Does anyone know why the "buy 2 PH, get 1 Free" deals never include Dead Space or Banjo Kazooie: N&B? I thought those games were PH already, but yet seem to evade the buy2 get 1 deals that have been at best buy, walmart, and now Amazon?

[quote name='BrownCracker']Does anyone know why the "buy 2 PH, get 1 Free" deals never include Dead Space or Banjo Kazooie: N&B? I thought those games were PH already, but yet seem to evade the buy2 get 1 deals that have been at best buy, walmart, and now Amazon?[/QUOTE]

No Saint's Row 2 either :( I have to pass this up because theres only really one game on there that I want which is Assassin's Creed. I'd like Fallout 3 and Resident Evil 5, but there are better versions of those to get.

Turok is a fucking Platinum Hit ?

That and I've never seen Halo 3 (though even on the XBox it shows it as one) RE5 and Soul Calibur IV as Platnium Hits so they must be new.

What games have extra content? I know Mass Effect comes with Bring Down the Sky which is $5 to download off XBL.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']What games have extra content? I know Mass Effect comes with Bring Down the Sky which is $5 to download off XBL.[/QUOTE]

Fable II also has extra content - it's a good deal if you can find 2 other similarly priced games you want.

If the standard edition of halo wars wasnt $20 I would get it and find others but b2g1 isnt a deal when you are getting a platinum copy for the same price as regular.

[quote name='kingsoby1']amazon's really gouging here... these prices are terrible.

might as well just get everything cheaper off the marketplace.[/QUOTE]Aren't the base prices of each of these games $2-3 below what most other places sell them for, with no tax & no shipping, plus you're getting an additional 33% off each of these games? How is that gouging?

Would like to get Oblivion GOTY and Fable 2 Plat but cant pick out a 3rd game I want enough to jump on this

[quote name='probablysober']I'm still waiting to see if gohastings.com will honor my b1g1 free glitch order. They shipped Gears of War but Mass Effect has been sitting as "in progress" for a while now.

Damn you gohastings...[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem here on 2 orders i did for it. I wonder if they are doing this on purpose? They sent the non free one out.

Was there something where Platinum Hits couldn't be sold for less then $19, or maybe I am confusing this.

[quote name='bsesb2003']Was there something where Platinum Hits couldn't be sold for less then $19, or maybe I am confusing this.[/QUOTE]

Its 29.99. Per Microsoft's platinum hits website..

[quote name='eduong79']does anyone know if fallout 3 comes with all of the dlc? or is that only the goty edition?[/QUOTE]

Only GOTY.

Picked up Mass Effect, Fable II, and Fallout 3 - I'm not usually a fan of spending over $50 on stuff, but getting three top-level games for that price is good.

[quote name='kingsoby1']amazon's really gouging here... these prices are terrible.

might as well just get everything cheaper off the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

That's really funny. You mention the MS marketplace and then accuse Amazon of price gouging.

might as well just get everything cheaper off the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

What the hell are you talking about?

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']What the hell are you talking about?[/QUOTE]
I think he's was trying to say the most of the marketplace items (arcade games/DLC/avatar items) are way over priced

If I had jumped on that Walmart $360 360 bundle, then I would be all over this. I was looking to get a lot of older, yet still great, games on the cheap to play through. A lot of 360 owners already have the noteworthy games on that list, but it still has some nice games for the newer batch of owners.

[quote name='ToadStoolPorridge']If I had jumped on that Walmart $360 360 bundle, then I would be all over this. I was looking to get a lot of older, yet still great, games on the cheap to play through. A lot of 360 owners already have the noteworthy games on that list, but it still has some nice games for the newer batch of owners.[/QUOTE]

Never hurts to buy games for a console unowned to be ready ;)

[quote name='wastedyears']That's really funny. You mention the MS marketplace and then accuse Amazon of price gouging.[/QUOTE]
I believe he's talking about Amazon's Marketplace. Though, even if you got the cheapest used copies, after shipping you'd still only end up at about a couple dollars less, total. Plus you'd be taking a chance on condition.

I hate Platinum Hits. Why doesn't Microsoft understand that we don't like to buy games in ugly ass boxes?

[quote name='robpe36']I hate Platinum Hits. Why doesn't Microsoft understand that we don't like to buy games in ugly ass boxes?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing your talking about the "old" boxes. I actually kind of like the new ones. The dark gray is a welcome change from all the neon green on the normal ones.

Well, I went for NFS Undercover, Halo Wars, and Fable II. I'm tired of waiting on NFS Undercover to hit $20 by itself, so I decided to bite on this.

[quote name='super_dawn']....I own most of these already. Would be even cooler if it was b1g1 tho...[/QUOTE]

No man...the COOLEST would be B0G1 FREE! Now that would ROCK! :whee:

[quote name='robpe36']I hate Platinum Hits. Why doesn't Microsoft understand that we don't like to buy games in ugly ass boxes?[/QUOTE]

Maybe because some like to get games for less than half the MSRP along with the DLC for free? :whistle2:k Most don't collect these for the cases. I also kind of like the newer PH boxes.

[quote name='scottman']Maybe because some like to get games for less than half the MSRP along with the DLC for free? :whistle2:k Most don't collect these for the cases. I also kind of like the newer PH boxes.[/QUOTE]

I agree, it's about what disc is inside and the free dlc doesn't hurt. If i had more time i'd buy mass effect 2, as it is, i think i'll just wait for a goty or if i really wait a long time, platinum hits, with all the crazy armor and weapons for free.

[quote name='playing mantis']Anybody know which version of Resident Evil 5 amazon is shipping these days? Might go for this if they still have original version in stock.[/QUOTE]Since Amazon has many different warehouses it ships from, there's no telling which warehouse has which version of the game. Unfortunately it's pretty much a coin flip at this point.

Edit: I have yet to see the new box for RE5 in stores. You're prob not going to have any better odds of getting an original version than right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='p0rn0saur']I'm guessing your talking about the "old" boxes. I actually kind of like the new ones. The dark gray is a welcome change from all the neon green on the normal ones.[/QUOTE]
I love the new platinum hits boxes. The old ones are terrible.

[quote name='csmason1']No man...the COOLEST would be B0G1 FREE! Now that would ROCK! :whee:[/QUOTE]

WHERE DO I SIGN UP? :hot:

bread's done
Back