Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

mrwogs2

CAGiversary!
Feedback
112 (100%)
THE EPIC COLLECTION THREAD!

Shoot a photo (or a few) of your game collection and share it with everyone else here. Best way to do it is to use www.imageshack.com for hosting.

Last edited by a moderator:
ill have a good picture of one of my stands after a modification to the shelf thats going to be done sometime this weekend.

running out of space on the shelf, so my friend is building me another row to add onto the top of the shelf. pictures soon :D

The real frightening in your collection, as well as mine, and with many CAGs is the number of unwrapped games we have just sitting there. I have about 7 completely new games, and probably another 7 used games I have never touched. I every time I try to touch one, I either get an invite to play Cod or Battlefield, or I just go back and play one of my ol' favorites.

When I first joined CAG, I thought I would spend less on VGs, but with all the deals, it seems I am spending more. :( Saints Row 2 for $5, why not. Pure/ Batman for $2, why not. Endwar bundle for $20, I could use the headset. These deals just pile up.

A few shots of my collection as it's pretty spread around and hard to get it all in one and tell what anything is.
This is in my nerd-cave-in-progress in the basement...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1898/20100211menues0002.jpg
http://img203.imageshack.us/i/20100211menues0008.jpg/
http://img14.imageshack.us/i/20100211menues0005.jpg/
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/20100211menues0009.jpg/

Again, not the greatest pics but it'll do for now. Don't know how to keep em' rotated...

Agreed. CAG is awesome, but I would have at least 20 less games in my collection if I had never found this site :)

[quote name='polishpride212']The real frightening in your collection, as well as mine, and with many CAGs is the number of unwrapped games we have just sitting there. I have about 7 completely new games, and probably another 7 used games I have never touched. I every time I try to touch one, I either get an invite to play Cod or Battlefield, or I just go back and play one of my ol' favorites.

When I first joined CAG, I thought I would spend less on VGs, but with all the deals, it seems I am spending more. :( Saints Row 2 for $5, why not. Pure/ Batman for $2, why not. Endwar bundle for $20, I could use the headset. These deals just pile up.[/QUOTE]

wow my computer fucking blows. can't upload the rest.

1rvmz6.jpg

0zdsc01831oj

[quote name='mrwogs2']Thought this might be a fun thread...

Shoot a photo (or a few) of your game collection and share it with everyone else here. Best way to do it is to use www.imageshack.com for hosting. It's free, fast and requires no registration.

I'll kick things off with my stash:

http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/2241/collectionr.jpg

It's one thing to check out lists as text, you know, the good ole' CML way...but this will be way more fun (and potentially frightening).[/QUOTE]

Me and you have VERY similar tastes in games. I'd say I own about 85% of the games you have there, including NHL 08 and NCAA Football.

[quote name='Chachithedog']A few shots of my collection as it's pretty spread around and hard to get it all in one and tell what anything is.
This is in my nerd-cave-in-progress in the basement...

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/1898/20100211menues0002.jpg
http://img14.imageshack.us/i/20100211menues0005.jpg/
http://img10.imageshack.us/i/20100211menues0009.jpg/

Again, not the greatest pics but it'll do for now. Don't know how to keep em' rotated...[/QUOTE]

that megaman is awesome!!! How can i get one?!

well i figured i'd add my collection as well. first up is my xbox games. (virtua fighter 5 is actually hidden from view)

whenever the shelf fills up like it is now, i take it as a hint that i need to trade in some games.
behind the xbox games i keep my remaining ps2 games and also completed DS games.

and finally my nintendo drawer that has my wii and incomplete DS games.

Okay, now while my collection certainly won't be the greatest by any stretch, I will have to throw this post up as a placeholder for when I finally get around to taking the final pics of the collection in their new home. I'm going to have to throw up a couple of walls o' text for background...for that, apologies. But I like to go into details.

But, it is truly out of control. I have banker's boxes, in storage at my warehouse, of games I haven't even opened yet, that I personally purchased (i.e. I'm not a sealed game collector...just buy 'em cheap and forget about 'em thanks to the dreaded BACKLOG FROM HELL), going back to the PS1 (as well as banker's boxes full of complete and loose cart SNES, NES, N64, Sega Genesis, Turbografx16 etc. among a host of other things). Eventually when I get around to setting up my game room/mancave, I think it will be pretty damn awesome. But as of right now, my living room has to be kept "uncluttered" or the better half will have a shit fit, so I can't really put anything on display. Gotta keep the wifey happy...happy wife, happy life. At least that's what they say.

Okay...I currently have a couple of pics on photobucket of some of my complete SNES, N64, and NES games currently in storage:

Look! Some random complete Super Nintendo and N64 games, in a banker's box! Sealed Paper Mario, but Secret of Mana and Secret of Evermore, though, are not (just have the opened original wrappers).

SNES_Games.jpg

Ooooh! Another banker's box! And what's this? Complete NES games, WOOTS! Lot of my faves growing up, and virtually all are my original copies. I liked to try to keep my shiznit in good condition...

NES_Games.jpg

UPDATE! Recent pics of the highlights of the (complete) SNES collection

I love me some banker's boxes!

NES_Games2.jpg

EDIT: Okay, took some pics tonight of my current setup. Here's the living room entertainment center. TV's a Samsung 52" LCD, last year's model, in case you're wondering. Receiver and sound system/speakers are ooooooooooooooold RCA crap (as in, non-HDMI, low quality home theater in a box), and will be replaced as soon as I move to a larger place. The grey Ikea "modern" component unit, which doesn't match a damn thing in the house now, went very well with the old grey sheened hi def Sony big screen DLP (now donated to my parents), and is currently used to hide the bulk of the PS3, DS, GB/GBC/GBA, Wii, PS2 X360 games you will see below.

setup001.jpg

Here are most of my BluRays, on top of some CD/DVD holders. I'm trying to be more selective with my BluRay purchases, but the way prices are dropping (I love/hate you Amazon), I'm ending up upgrading a ton of DVDs I have. I have another banker's box full of BluRays, a lot tragically unopened as with many of us CAGs, in storage. Get 'em n forget 'em. But these here are generally the cream of the crop as far as my Blus go.

Now, as for the cases.

The three ridiculously thick cases on the right are all DVDs, and all full. Two are full of movies and live action TV shows, and one is mostly 80's to current cartoons/anime. Each of those giganto things hold close to 400 or so discs...I wish I were joking.

Starting from the left - leftmost case is all PS2 games, about 90% full; next is PS1 games, also about 90% full; next is Gamecube and Wii, also about 90% full; thinnest one (center) is all original XBox games also just about full (also a couple dozen X360 games). Virtually all of the games are complete with minty cases/instructions etc. but I do not have the room for them, so the cases are packed away in banker's boxes in storage. I might get some pics of those tomorrow, actually. I really don't want to go and pull all the cases out of these damn boxes because they fit nice n tight, but I've recently upgraded quite a few PS1 and PS2 games so I want to swap out the cases/inserts/instructions for the best of each on the ones that are dupes.

setup002.jpg

Most of my PS3 games below, also got a bunch of old ones still in their cases in storage. Same with Wii and a couple dozen X360 games (mostly the exclusives/RPGs). I rarely if ever buy recently released games, preorder etc. unless the deal is simply insane, since with my backlog I will gladly wait for games to be sub $20 or even sub $10...sub $5 even! Okay, so sometimes I buy at $30, but man it makes me feel so dirty!!! I'm so damn cheap! And that's why I have so many games, because I would rather buy 10 $5 games than a single $50 game!!!

And some of you out there might recognize the price tags on a couple of the collector's boxes as coming from Circuit City. Of course no way did I pay anywhere near those marked prices...waited until they were half off at least, and if you remember, they had the collector's editions at the same price as the regular editions for the liquidation. Scored a lot of amazing deals during their liquidation a little over a year ago.

setup003.jpg

Okay, so these are my GB/GBC/GBA games. Almost all of the GBA games are complete, but I (again) put their empty boxes in storage in, yep you guessed it, a couple of banker's boxes. The GB/GBC I only have a few complete, probably less than a dozen or so - most are cart only that I picked up on clearance from Gamestop last year at 85% off. The "kiddy/girly" games are in the leftmost bag, for my daughter. She gets to pull them out and play with them - lots of good quality Disney games and the like.

Gameboy Color in the middle top bag, old black and white Gameboy on the right (that giant ziploc bag is like a solid brick of GB games, LOL), and GBA games in the bottom (that Street Fighter game is a bootlegg...the only one in my collection thankfully). I've been getting DS cases and using the cover project to make matching boxes for all my GBA games, but have only done a couple dozen so far, as you will see in the next pic following this one.

setup004.jpg

Here's probably around half of my DS games. Many still tragically sealed, waiting for the chance to be played. Got another banker box full of 'em, along with another banker box full of PSP games. Here are the GBA games with DS cases made for 'em. Keep all the portable systems in the Ikea grey console, along with these games, the bagged games, PS3 and a bunch of miscellaneous games that I haven't sorted/catalogued. The Cooking game, at the far right, is the wife's. She specifically asked for it, LOL.

setup005.jpg

Not up to date but here is what I had as of October or November. I have a bit more now but I'm too lazy to take new pictures. I will put it in a spoiler as it is quite a few pictures.

NES Games
b624qe.jpg

Snes Games
6z563s.jpg

2ege49f.jpg

Genesis Games
fnvcjc.jpg

N64 Games
2mmg37c.jpg

PS1 Games
iqlyzp.jpg

Gamecube Games
v641i1.jpg

ohrf3n.jpg

PS2 Games
2r2prav.jpg

360 Games
25g9rw6.jpg

sxp1n8.jpg

PS3 Games
1427e3m.jpg

The best PS3 evah!
2namtxl.jpg

Some additions since those pictures. Not all of them though.

2le4e3c.jpg

21c57j6.jpg

[quote name='mrwogs2']Dude, yes. I want to see the insanity that is your collection.[/QUOTE]

EDIT: your wish was granted...look at my post right above yours.

Okay...tonight or this weekend sometime, I'll take pics of the stuff at my house.

BTW, for all you X-Men fans:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/comics/

hulk181.jpg

giantxmen1.jpg

Isabella5054.jpg

Isabella5058.jpg

Bah, I'll just post the link to my comics pics

For you Transformers fans:

http://s126.photobucket.com/albums/p104/karkyco/toys/

Transformers_Lot003.jpg

ME, GRIMLOCK, TAKE NO SHIT! GRRRR!!!

Picture006.jpg

And no, none of my collection are knockoffs...no Dinobot "Bommander" here

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Damn nice karkyco. Damn nice.

I will take some updated pics of my collection as well. I am in the process of re-arranging them actually :)[/QUOTE]

You may need 2 separate posts for your whole collection :D

I wish I had cool banker boxes. I have about a thousand or so games stored in large boxes that are labeled Chlamydia, Gonorrhea, HPV, and HIV. I grabbed them all from work because they are the perfect size for the different types of cases and games, have covers, and are nice thick boxes.

I'm looking to my right and there are boxes of NES games that all have Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria gonorrhoeae written on every side of the box.

My hope is that if there is ever a break in the person will walk in, see the boxes, and then immediately was their hands and leave.

Here are some photos of my collection, these were taken last year and its currently in storage as my house is under construction.

spaceball.gif

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6078&pictureid=11964

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/album.php?albumid=6078&pictureid=11962

going to need to add another bookcase or two as they were all full before everything was packed away. These are the billy bookcases from ikea. they are quite sturdy once assembled, the light one was given to me so I might use that for my games and get a couple more of dark cherry ones to keep the movies all on similar ones.

Here is the count of everything I currently have

:dvd: 1054
:360: 88
:ps3: 5
:wii: 16

picture.php

picture.php

Thats my room, its come a long way for a small room and Im very satisfied with the setup.

Heres my spare room where I keep all my last gen consoles, although, all of them aren't pictured. I plan on revamping all of these collections because they have zero games I like to play. Ill post some pictures after.
picture.php

Maybe I'll take some pics, but I have a lot of stuff and it's all over the house.

Anyone have cool ideas on how to store / display large numbers of cart-only games? Shelving 'em works, I just hate how N64 games have no top labels.

[quote name='LilPaintballer']
picture.php

picture.php

Thats my room, its come a long way for a small room and Im very satisfied with the setup.

Heres my spare room where I keep all my last gen consoles, although, all of them aren't pictured. I plan on revamping all of these collections because they have zero games I like to play. Ill post some pictures after.
picture.php
[/QUOTE]

Awsome setup,but you need to upgrade to a better chair bro lol.

[quote name='Squarehard']My friend won't be able to modify my stand until Tuesday, so here is the picture for one of them for now.

[/QUOTE]

2 words HOLY SHIT

I live in the country in TN and I swear my freakin GAMESTOP doesnt even carry that many DS games lol

resizedsdc11258.jpg

resizedsdc11259.jpg

resizedsdc11260.jpg

resizedsdc11263.jpg

First one's game shelf with some music CDs, second one's blurays and mostly anime, third one's last of tv series, fourth one is figures and more tv series.

One figure on the way (3 went out from lowball, and games, etc), another shelf with PC games not shown, 20 banker boxes full of books not shown (mumbles about gf), and enough artbooks to probably fill another banker box, also not shown. Oh, and Bioshock II CE not shown.

(PS Lowball got rid of about 1 division from the first picture).

edit: And to whoever cares, the empty spot in the 4th picture on the shelf with Tsuruya and the gashapons was where Escalayer was, also sold through lowball =P

I creamed my pants at awesomes post. Holy shit.

Anyone recommend good cases for GBA boxes? I have them out in nothing.

Anyone know any good Used Game retailers in DC, Maryland, and Virginia?

(you say GameStop, a CAG somewhere in this universe will hurt you)

:shock::shock::shock::shock:

I don't have a camera and I don't even have a 'collection' at this point, but looking at some of these pics I have to wonder what some of these collections cost.

I stopped trying to keep all of my games forever a while ago. There's just no point in it since no one besides me sees my 'collection' EVER.

bread's done
Back