* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#4021 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18416 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

???

Maybe he was referencing your to-do shelf.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4022 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:24 PM

Maybe he was referencing your to-do shelf.

that and his giant collection that no one man could watch or play all of lol

#4023 Macheezmo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Macheezmo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Less wiggy bashing, more pics!! But seriously, I figured I'd post my current setup. There's a lot of stuff missing that stored in my closet right now until my roommate moves out and I can take the room over. Let it be known that I dusted everything before I finished this post. I didn't realize how dusty it was until I saw the pics since my living room is generally pretty dark.

You will have to tilt your head for some of these. I didn't realize that rotating them in photobucket would not rotate the linked pics.

First some overall pictures:
Spoiler

A couple misc things off to the side:
Spoiler

Closeups of the left one, which is my newer school games:
Spoiler

Closeups of the right shelf, my old school stuff:
Spoiler

#4024 TommyLove   CAGiversary! Banned   912 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

Less wiggy bashing, more pics!! But seriously, I figured I'd post my current setup. There's a lot of stuff missing that stored in my closet right now until my roommate moves out and I can take the room over. Let it be known that I dusted everything before I finished this post. I didn't realize how dusty it was until I saw the pics since my living room is generally pretty dark.

You will have to tilt your head for some of these. I didn't realize that rotating them in photobucket would not rotate the linked pics.

First some overall pictures:

Spoiler

A couple misc things off to the side:
Spoiler

Closeups of the left one, which is my newer school games:
Spoiler

Closeups of the right shelf, my old school stuff:
Spoiler

Beautiful collection and set up!:applause:
Did you preorder all those Mass effect figures?
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4025 Macheezmo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Macheezmo

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:53 PM

Beautiful collection and set up!:applause:
Did you preorder all those Mass effect figures?

Thanks! My wife actually preordered them all. She's also the one that wanted the big femshep poster that's on the wall. Mass Effect is her favorite game series of all time.

#4026 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21040 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 12:56 AM

Very nice nice collection! I'm curious though, why do you leave empty spots and let some of the games sit at an angle (like your cart only NES & SNES games) on some of the shelves?

And I think you might wanna do some dusting...:lol:

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4027 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18416 Posts   Joined 8.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:19 AM

Big Boo eating Mega Man.

That is all.

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4028 Macheezmo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Macheezmo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

Very nice nice collection! I'm curious though, why do you leave empty spots and let some of the games sit at an angle (like your cart only NES & SNES games) on some of the shelves?

And I think you might wanna do some dusting...:lol:

So I don't have to reorganize everything when I get some new games. Also I dusted before I finished posting. The flash is very revealing when it comes to dust. The 5 games on the SNES shelf stacked up also aren't mine, so I keep them seperate that way.

Edited by Macheezmo, 15 February 2013 - 01:54 AM.

#4029 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9099 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:24 AM

Big Boo eating Mega Man.

That is all.

I need to get me some pixel art!

#4030 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

Thanks! My wife actually preordered them all. She's also the one that wanted the big femshep poster that's on the wall. Mass Effect is her favorite game series of all time.

Are you guys swingers by any chance?

#4031 Neuropod   Such a lust for revenge! WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO?! CAGiversary!   2342 Posts   Joined 10.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

I need to get me some pixel art!

I have actually made a bunch of these using perler beads. It can be a lot of fun and unless you screw up with the iron, it's pretty much foolproof. Simple characters with dark outlines like Mega Man do tend to work best. I'll take some pictures of the ones I've made if anybody wants to see.

The supplies are fairly inexpensive at a craft store like Michael's but the larger tubs tend to have a lot of useless colors. Instead you can buy specific colors at this site. which I think is a much better way to go.

#4032 Macheezmo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Macheezmo

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Are you guys swingers by any chance?

LOL, no. Even better is that at night she tells me I need to play video games so she has something to watch.

And yeah, the perlers are super easy to do. I just added a Samus to my collection last night, and will probably do Simon Belmont, Mario, Link, and Bill Rizer in the next few days.

#4033 Drclaw411   I miss Cartoon Orbit CAGiversary!   3271 Posts   Joined 6.6 Years Ago  

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

LOL, no. Even better is that at night she tells me I need to play video games so she has something to watch.

And yeah, the perlers are super easy to do. I just added a Samus to my collection last night, and will probably do Simon Belmont, Mario, Link, and Bill Rizer in the next few days.

I can't perler to save my life :/

I've tried, there are many I'd like to have, but I can't do it lol

#4034 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21040 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

I got my new ghetto storage boxes... they're actually pretty nice given what they cost. I should be able to post a collection pic soon (hopefully).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4035 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:39 AM

Nevermind wrong post haha.
Posted Image

#4036 ZombieToast   He wears a disguise to look like human guys. CAGiversary!   3068 Posts   Joined 5.5 Years Ago  

ZombieToast

Posted 16 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

Actually sounds a bit like my wife. She enjoys watching the stories in some of these games. And just the other night, she basically ordered me to start playing Skyrim again because my Xbox is sad that I haven't played it in nearly two weeks.

#4037 blindinglights   ... CAGiversary!   4579 Posts   Joined 6.3 Years Ago  

blindinglights

Posted 16 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

Actually sounds a bit like my wife. She enjoys watching the stories in some of these games. And just the other night, she basically ordered me to start playing Skyrim again because my Xbox is sad that I haven't played it in nearly two weeks.

My girlfriend does this too. She'll tell me to start playing a game so she can watch it (while playing on the computer and/or reading). If I decide to play something she doesn't want to watch (i.e. one of my NCAAF Dynasties or my second play through of Xenoblade -- "It's Reyn time!"), she pulls out the "what about all those other games I got you?" She strategically adds games to my backlog just to help dictate what I play :lol:.
2011 Completed Games
2012 Completed Games

Use Swag Bucks as your search engine, earn $10 to $15 in free Amazon credit per month. Find out how.

#4038 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:07 AM

women....even when they like video games they can manage to ruin them!!

#4039 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:55 PM

Well damn, just ran out of space in my man closet for new games/movies. I think it's time for some creative consolidation (or more eBay/trade fodder)

#4040 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:56 AM

I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.

Posted Image

Heres some close-ups.

Posted Image

Posted Image
The NES games blocked by flash are Mario 3, 2 and Trojan.
Posted Image

#4041 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:42 AM

Made my shelves more efficient - now I can fit maybe 50 more blus on there =]

Posted Image

#4042 TommyLove   CAGiversary! Banned   912 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:01 AM

^ good use of space. You must be a giant if you can reach the top shelves.
My collection and trade-list:
H: The Legend Of Zelda: Hyrule Historia LE in Mint condition W: equal value in trades or amazon/eBay prices
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=330790
My game plays:
http://www.youtube.com/tommylovehd
Posted Image

#4043 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:04 AM

^ good use of space. You must be a giant if you can reach the top shelves.

or be stretch armstrong whichever

#4044 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21040 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:51 AM

I decided to take the advice from earlier to display some of my games a bit better and rearranged the shelves I have so now I can display my Genesis games.

Man, shelves look so much nicer when they're side by side.

Made my shelves more efficient - now I can fit maybe 50 more blus on there =]

Posted Image

Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4045 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9099 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I see you have a big backlog of movies as well!

#4046 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

i thought that went hand in hand with a game backlog??

#4047 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Is that a exhaust or intake on the ceiling? If it's an exhaust, then doesn't that result in issues with dust (not to mention possible issues relating to heat like warped plastic if you live in a cold winter area).

Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.

#4048 Pookymeister   I like almonds Super Moderators   15331 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

Pookymeister

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Exhaust. But that's like the last exhaust on the chain so doesn't get too hot anyway - plus i closed it so not much gets through either way. It's not directly over anything too.

Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D

#4049 aptanor   Yes CAGiversary!   2019 Posts   Joined 7.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

I've got to get a new projector. Mines completely dead, but it was so cheap to start with it's not really worth repairing. I suppose I could just get a TV for the game room, but after having the projector in there I love how much more room it gives you.

Posted Image

#4050 kayne2000   All Glory to Tachikoma Paradise CAGiversary!   2157 Posts   Joined 6.4 Years Ago  

kayne2000

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Oh yea. Planning on getting a 100" projector in basement once that is done, so I anticipate lots of movie nights. :D

just make sure you save up for the good one. my friend got one of the ones that is a few hundred dollars cheaper and it glitches out(i cant remember why but some features the more expensive one had). so save up for the best one.

its great when it works but sometimes it does get glitchy.