* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#421 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 11:28 AM

I am pretty much completely out of space now. I've already added two extra rows on top of the shelf I had been using for awhile, and the other shelf is completely full now. I only have some space for some DS/PS1 games atm, and then that's it. I just wish my room wasn't so compact. I can't really fit in another stand, maybe a small one, but that's about it. Thought about mounting shelves above my TV, but then I talked some sense back into myself so that idea is out the door. I guess I'll just have to figure it out ~_~.

Spoiler

that big one, what rack is it?

#422 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:59 PM

that big one, what rack is it?

It's this guy,

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000S1CS3S

but I actually an extra shelf on top since I was running out of room quick.

#423 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:03 PM

It's this guy,

http://www.amazon.co...e/dp/B000S1CS3S

but I actually an extra shelf on top since I was running out of room quick.

I might just have to take the leap and get that thing eventually, I'm always running out of space and having to re-organize my games.

#424 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:06 PM

I might just have to take the leap and get that thing eventually, I'm always running out of space and having to re-organize my games.

It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. There used to be an earlier version of this stand that Atlantic released where the base board was too short, and one of my friends who had one told me you had to mount it to keep it from falling forward, so glad they came out with this one, although I think most stores discontinued this guy, so it may be harder to find in stores. There's a smaller version of it in stores now, but it definitely wouldn't do the job knowing all the stuff you have :P

#425 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

It's actually a lot nicer than I thought it would be. There used to be an earlier version of this stand that Atlantic released where the base board was too short, and one of my friends who had one told me you had to mount it to keep it from falling forward, so glad they came out with this one, although I think most stores discontinued this guy, so it may be harder to find in stores. There's a smaller version of it in stores now, but it definitely wouldn't do the job knowing all the stuff you have :P

Yea I agree. I was talking about the same shelf earlier in the thread, but I have been overjoyed with it so far. As you mentioned, the bigger baseboard made it so I didn't need to attach it to my wall, and there it is extremely stable.

#426 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:09 PM

I assume it's not that hard to put together? Is the back solid and attached, or is it one of those flimsy cardboard pieces you have to nail on?

#427 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:10 PM

Yea I agree. I was talking about the same shelf earlier in the thread, but I have been overjoyed with it so far. As you mentioned, the bigger baseboard made it so I didn't need to attach it to my wall, and there it is extremely stable.

I probably would have gotten a second one back in the day if I actually had space, but oh well. Now I'm just wedging in stands wherever I can find space.

I assume it's not that hard to put together? Is the back solid and attached, or is it one of those flimsy cardboard pieces you have to nail on?

The back is that flimsy kind of board, and if I recall it's a couple of pieces, but they give you nails to nail into the back of the stand, so it doesn't stay flimsy. Everything else is pretty self explanatory, although I think the hardest part might actually be putting in the board on the back since there are no aligning or markers to where to nail them in, so you either have to measure, knock on wood before you nail, or just guess randomly. I didn't have much of a problem with it, but some may :P

#428 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

It's really easy to put together, just takes a little patience since it's large.
The back is cardboard, but it is fairly sturdy and thick compared to most stuff I've had before.

#429 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

I probably would have gotten a second one back in the day if I actually had space, but oh well. Now I'm just wedging in stands wherever I can find space.

Yeap, I bought it a month ago at Bestbuy, and when I went to go order a second one 2 weeks later, it was completely gone from their site /sigh.

#430 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:12 PM

The back is cardboard, but it is fairly sturdy and thick compared to most stuff I've had before.

Is it one of the ones you need to nail on or is there a groove you can slide it into? The latter is way better IMO.

#431 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:13 PM

Is it one of the ones you need to nail on or is there a groove you can slide it into? The latter is way better IMO.

Nail on :cry: I'm actually moving soon and trying to figure out the easiest way to transport it :drool:

#432 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Nail on :cry: I'm actually moving soon and trying to figure out the easiest way to transport it :drool:

Grr. Several shelves I have like that I simply don't even bother nailing on the back, and just have it open. Though with one this big I'd probably put the back on.

#433 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:17 PM

Grr. Several shelves I have like that I simply don't even bother nailing on the back, and just have it open. Though with one this big I'd probably put the back on.

Yea I was contemplating doing the same, but I needed to have it about an inch from the wall since there was an electrical plug behind it, I figured I might as well just attach it. It goes on pretty easy though like I said and it's in two pieces so it's not too unwieldy.

#434 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:18 PM

Get ready to renail them back on. I moved and after I got the stand into my room, there were some nails missing from the back, lol.

Well, this one is pretty tall, so it's pretty dependant on leaning on your wall, so depending on how far out the base board on your walls stick out, the stands going to be tilted backwards, so the stuff on it may look like they're sliding backwards, but won't be by much.

#435 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:20 PM

Get ready to renail them back on. I moved and after I got the stand into my room, there were some nails missing from the back, lol.

I was hoping I could just separate the top and bottom and undo the 3 nails in the middle, leaving the backs on and taking the shelves out. What did you have to do when you moved it?

#436 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:22 PM

I was hoping I could just separate the top and bottom and undo the 3 nails in the middle, leaving the backs on and taking the shelves out. What did you have to do when you moved it?

I just took all the shelves out and then left everything else there. It pretty much arrived in one piece with the exception of a few nails falling it from the back, but nothing too serious. It was sturdy enough for the movers to carry it, so that wasn't a big deal, but just that backboard was sort of irritating.

#437 Indigo_Streetlight   East Coast Scum CAGiversary!   3551 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:51 PM

The adjustable shelve-height on that thing is a nifty feature. I wouldn't know though since I keep inheriting bookshelves and crates from older relatives who passed away. If you know anybody with a pick-up truck you can get some amazing deals on storage furniture at estate sales.

#438 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:28 PM

Yeap, I bought it a month ago at Bestbuy, and when I went to go order a second one 2 weeks later, it was completely gone from their site /sigh.

do you still have the receipt/ sku id?

#439 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:34 PM

do you still have the receipt/ sku id?

I believe it is 38435418.

#440 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:27 PM

I don't think it's even in Best Buy's system anymore. I only see the smaller version of it.

#441 Fire_Thief   Banned Banned   2873 Posts   Joined 11.0 Years Ago  

Fire_Thief

Posted 05 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Damn at the DS games bruh, that's fuckin' ridiculous.

#442 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   20801 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

Damn at the DS games bruh, that's fuckin' ridiculous.

4000th post!

I've been slacking off lately on my DS collection though. I've been stuck at 500 for a long time now. Been concentrating on all the other systems I neglected while I was working on the DS games. I may jump back to it eventually. Maybe just a few games here and there.

#443 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 10.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 12:51 AM

Heres a link to my collection that I posted in my blog. Theres a few too many pictures for a copy and paste.

http://www.cheapassg...log.php?b=15958

#444 lmz00   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2522 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:12 AM

I like that model 1 Genesis & Sega CD. They look a lot better than their revised versions. Never had one growing up (parents bought me a SNES), but I still want one just to have.

Why do you have a SD Dish receiver hooked up to that TV, though?

#445 MuzykMann   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:20 AM

Been meaning to post some collection shots of my up and coming "Galleria del Dork" for awhile now, and a recent AWESOME addition of the Eddie Riggs statue gives me real reason to finally do it. Woot!

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#446 tooshorty6432168   (^'.')> CAGiversary!   1912 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

tooshorty6432168

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:31 AM

Been meaning to post some collection shots of my up and coming "Galleria del Dork" for awhile now, and a recent AWESOME addition of the Eddie Riggs statue gives me real reason to finally do it. Woot!

You have some excellent statues/figures, and also glad to see I'm not the only one with Ions!

#447 MuzykMann   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   369 Posts   Joined 10.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:30 PM

You have some excellent statues/figures, and also glad to see I'm not the only one with Ions!

Thanks! Something about having quality statues of some of my favorite game characters makes me smile. Now if only I can track down an Agent Francis York Morgan statue... hmmmm... :-k

And yeah, I finally caved on those Ions when I saw em on craigslist for $100. Love em! Wish i'da jumped sooner.

#448 bvharris   the black wind howls CAGiversary!   19419 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:35 PM

That's a very classy set-up.

#449 def PD   jack of all trades, master of none CAGiversary!   461 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 01:52 PM

I need to organize my gaming stuff (into one room). They're scattered throughout various parts of my bedroom and living room.

Got some nice collection(s) there CAGers! =)

#450 Animal7390   Something Clever CAGiversary!   2147 Posts   Joined 14.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 August 2010 - 02:09 PM

I don't think it's even in Best Buy's system anymore. I only see the smaller version of it.

best buy never ever takes anything out of the system, they just dont have it on the website anymore. when working there i used to look at the old nintendo and snes games and their final selling prices. some never got below 50.

if you have the sku for anything, they can look it up in the system. or if you have someone smart enough to use the system, yes it actually takes brain power as it is a little cryptic, they can find anything.

what are those little figures on the top shelf with the zelda? also, where did you get the brutal figure?