* * * * * 9 votes

Your collection - post a photo - show us what'cha got!

#4501 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:51 PM

Thanks! Oh yeah do you use scissors or a paper trimmer?

Since I've started on my casing kick, I really prefer the guillotine style paper cutter. I have a nice one at work that I can use to do all my cutting.

#4502 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.

#4503 zlatour   Shredaholic CAGiversary!   291 Posts   Joined 8.9 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:27 PM

Yup, that's the easiest way to go, for sure! I finally picked one up about a month ago to help me get all my packaging done faster (since it's all done by hand). So helpful, but not an investment that's justifiable for everyone.

Do you own any CIB SNES or GENESIS games?

#4504 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 10:16 PM

I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.

#4505 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:35 PM

Most people on here would most likely agree with you. Everyone seems to have such raging hard-ons for uniformity whereas I think collections look a lot better if there's some variety in the colors. But hey, we all gotta do what makes us happy.

No, what everyone else does is wrong. Only I'm right. Me.

Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.c...rimmer/22875643

I have a LOT of CIB SNES and a few Genesis. I don't really hunt for CIB. What I have is mostly from when I was buying SNES games new. If I can get a great deal on one then I'll buy CIB, otherwise loose is preferred at this point.

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:-k

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Xenoblade X (2nd try) - :-k 

:pc: The Witcher - :) 

fyreboltx.png

║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related GoodiesWantlist

#4506 dodgeme   Shadow the Hedgehog CAGiversary!   2736 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2013 - 11:57 PM

I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.
Posted Image

#4507 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:16 AM

Paper trimmers might work for people who don't want to make that investment. I have a cheap one (~$12) from WalMart and it's pretty decent for making straight cuts. Mine is something like this one:
http://www.walmart.c...rimmer/22875643

You do? I don't remember ever seeing those...:-k

That cutter would prolly do the job just fine for the covers :)

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

Posted Image

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

I don't think I realized those Guillotine paper cutters were so expensive. My grandpa has quite a few from his years of working at a printing press company. Took them as they updated to newer stuff.

Yeah, that's why I didn't suggest one :/ Sorta serious equipment made of a giant chunk of steel LOL!

#4508 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 01:52 AM

I don't think I ever posted pics of them here. I think I have pics of some in bins...

Yup, found an old one in my photobucket acct.

Posted Image

There are a bunch more, but the bins are buried in the storage upstairs and are sort of a PITA to get to :/

Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4509 Mako1215   Mr.OneOfWonder CAGiversary!   7170 Posts   Joined 9.2 Years Ago  

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:50 AM

Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.

First, how can you claim prior non-existance to devalue a movement? I am sure the civil rights movement would love that. "Well, there was no movement to free the slaves before, so why is it relavent now?"

518793.png

#4510 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

Damn... that's gorgeous. I wish my SNES collection looked that nice.

Thanks! That's me being an OCD box keeper even as a 12 year old kid :P

Slowly bringing up my old school collection.

I have acquired a CIB Actraiser, FF: Mystic Quest, and Roger Rabbit :)

Too bad all ones I REALLY want are expensive as hell.

Yeah, SNES is killer pricey anymore :(

#4511 centarian07   Sheep Port CAGiversary!   207 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

centarian07

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:12 PM

Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.

#4512 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:53 PM

Yes they are... I was able to buy Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 3 complete on this site a year or so ago for like $180. And I just saw a complete CT go for over $215 on ebay recently. It's pretty crazy.

Yeah, I should probably count my stars that I bought some of the last year. I paid way more than you did but they're all going for a lot more now. There's still a dozen or so that I want that I put off because they weren't that expensive but even their prices are ridiculous now.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4513 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:35 PM

I'm pretty much down to $50+ games on my must-have SNES list now. Kills me :(

#4514 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 06 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

I'm pretty much down to $50+ games on my must-have SNES list now. Kills me :(

If you don't mind me asking, what's left on your must have list?

#4515 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:55 AM

Not at all!

I guess they're not ALL quite 50+, but pretty damned close :/

Adventures of Batman & Robin
Aero fighters
Battletoads
Battletoads & Double Dragon
Breath of Fire 2
Captain Commando
Contra 3
Demon's Crest
Double Dragon 5
EVO
Final Fight 3
Imperium
Joe & Mac 2
Lufia 1 & 2
Metal Warriors
Mr. Do
Ogre Battle
Oscar
Pocky & Rocky 1 & 2
Return of Superman
Sim City 2000
Sonic Blast Man 2
Soul Blazer
Sparkster
Sunset Riders
Super Double Dragon
Super Smash TV
Top Gear 3000
War of the Gems
Wild guns

#4516 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:09 AM

Some of those are on my list too, I need to compile what I have. I used to buy so many dupes because I didn't know what I had.

wtf.... Aero Fighters got crazy expensive.

#4517 elessar123  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:18 AM

Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.

Edit: Lol, even my Doom complele that I paid a few bucks for is now close to $50. What's with the massive hikes?

elessar123.pnggpOYCAm.jpg

#4518 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:20 AM

Sim City 2000 for $50? I paid like $10 2 years ago, and that was market price. I can't fathom it having gone up that much.

That's probably why he said "I guess they're not ALL quite 50+".;)

Welp... I've run out of room again. I'm cleaning things up a bit but will have some pics posted soon.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4519 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:28 AM

^^^ yes, this.

There are others I want as well, but that's pretty much the "need" list as of now.

I'm never gonna own a copy of Aero Fighters again (sold my old copy in college) unless I find one at a garage sale or something. No way I'm paying 400+ for a loose cart. 100* is already beyond my sensibilities.

#4520 Obiwan456   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 5.8 Years Ago  

Obiwan456

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:39 AM

Aero Fighters. Have to keep that in mind. Probably would have picked it up if I ever found it anyway, cause of the Vlogbrothers. Still, good to know.

#4521 Indigo_Streetlight   East Coast Scum CAGiversary!   3538 Posts   Joined 7.3 Years Ago  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:42 AM

It still blows my mind how E.V.O. quadrupled in price; it's more expensive than Earthbound now.
The Asylum leads the eyes of those pursued by gaming madness...

#4522 Mirpkered   Dyslexic GAC CAGiversary!   1309 Posts   Joined 9.6 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:12 AM

I have about 1/2 of those. I wish I could find Hagane though. And been looking for EVO for years.

And as a side note for those of you looking for something to keep organized, there's an iPhone app called MyStuff2 that is great. It's basically Access. I had an access database and imported it. If anyone gets it, I can export the database I have to you. Just reset all 'owned' values and your set to go.

#4523 skiizim   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9097 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:36 AM

I'm cool without that game!

#4524 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:03 PM

Man, I've never even heard of some of these games you guys are bringing up... thank god I don't want them.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4525 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:04 PM

Prolly go the better, at least for your bank account lol

#4526 Macheezmo   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   214 Posts   Joined 12.6 Years Ago  

Macheezmo

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:39 PM

It kills me knowing that I used to own a lot of those, including EVO.

#4527 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18397 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:24 PM

Managed to find some extra space for a midget shelf!
Posted Image
Posted Image

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler

#4528 wiggyx   Dorkity-dork-dork CAGiversary!   1419 Posts   Joined 4.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

^^^ Gonna start collecting loose Gameboy games or something? :P

It kills me knowing that I used to own a lot of those, including EVO.

Ugh, same here :/

#4529 Vinny   Bang, bang... pew... CAGiversary!   21012 Posts   Joined 12.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:49 PM

Having a shelf that small seems kinda pointless... you can easily stack some games there instead.

Currently playing: 

fyreboltx.png

#4530 Squarehard   Nyaa~ CAGiversary!   18397 Posts   Joined 8.7 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2013 - 08:52 PM

Having a shelf that small seems kinda pointless... you can easily stack some games there instead.

Don't worry, it's probably only going to be there until I'm out of space again and then have to upgrade, so temporarily it'll just be that space.

Also might just stack extra stuff on top too. It holds 40 DVDs, so it's not terribly small, but like I said before, it'll probably get chucked as soon as I decide I'll need more space. ;D

gjDkeqL.gifv3llIct.gif

Spoiler