Burnout Paradise Bundles (PSN) ($20 DLC/$30 DLC+Game)

INCyr

CAGiversary!
Feedback
48 (100%)
I originally saw it on Kotaku, but I've since confirmed (and bought it) myself.

PSN (and it appears, only PSN - not sure why 360 owners are shafted) is offering ALL the DLC for Burnout Paradise for $20 until March 31st. If you don't have the game, they have a bundle for that too, for $30 (Game + ALL DLC).

Considering that the DLC itself runs ~$67, and the game is another $20 on top of that, this is a excellent deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too bad I bought all of it individually. Awesome game but it is 2 years old and I have no idea how many people play it online. Still a great deal tho!

That's an awesome deal. Put the prices in the title though, some people are lazy/cranky.

hmm, I remember selling my copy long ago. It's probably better to buy the full game from PSN so that it runs completely from the hard drive.
I'll sleep on it, thanks.

Never played the original (nor any of the DLC obviously) so this is a good deal for me!

Started DL and off to work; +1 game when I get back :D

I used a $10 promo code to order the 360 version of this game on Amazon, but it hasn't shipped yet. I think I'll cancel the order and pick this up instead, seems like an overall better deal.

[quote name='outkastx']Let's say I have the game disc-based - if I buy the game + DLC will it run off my old save?[/QUOTE]

My understanding is that it will not. :(

I'd try it if it were cheaper. Bascially I just want the new area but not all the secret cars and less important stuff. I mean the pack is all-inclusive right? That's what it sounded like when I read it.

[quote name='DPsx7']I'd try it if it were cheaper. Bascially I just want the new area but not all the secret cars and less important stuff. I mean the pack is all-inclusive right? That's what it sounded like when I read it.[/QUOTE]

The pack includes ALL of the released DLC for the game:

Party Pack ($10?)
Big Surf Island ($13)
Cops & Robbers ($10)
Toy Cars ($13)
Boost Specials ($8)
Legendary Cars ($8)
Timesaver (unlocks all cars in-game) ($5)

(I believe those prices are correct - I'm trying to remember what I saw this morning. Toy cars & Cops & Robbers might be swapped, but everything else should be correct.)

I have all but 1 of the trophies (missing bike license) and it is such an amazing game. Also one of the best looking games this gen, it is absolutely gorgeous and a blast to play. Highly recommended.

Even just Big Surf Island, Cops & Robbers and the Party Pack is a good deal for $20. Getting all of the extra cars on top of that (especially the Extreme Hot Rod and Hawker Mech) is icing.

[quote name='outkastx']Let's say I have the game disc-based - if I buy the game + DLC will it run off my old save?[/QUOTE]

EDIT:: Nevermind, you'll have to make a new save.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='pram12']Does anyone still play this online lol?[/QUOTE]
I occasionally do, and there are still people playing. As info on this price decrease gets out, we may see more people playing.

This is one of my favorite PS3 games. First game I platinumed.

Does the sale for the complete game download last until march 31st as well or is that date just for the DLC pack sale?

That game+DLC bundle is extremely appealing to me. I like that the deal is until March 31st. It'll give me sometime to think. I've played the game at a friend's and loved it, but I've been buying games like crazy recently.
thanks for the information OP

I want to get all the dlc for $20 but don't wanna pay that alone so if anyone wants to help out and join a share group for this on ps3 i'm for it. I already have the game and enjoy playing it online. Finding people to play with online is no problem and this game still holds replay value.

Ran into a rather major issue. I decided to go with the $30 everything + game bundle and hand down my disc copy to my brother. After loading it the game prompts me to start a new game again. I've got over 30 hours dumped into Burnout and 81% completion. I'm more then a little pissed over this. Hopefully EA will patch this. Buyer beware.

I just platinum-ed this last night, and the trophy for ps3 i had the hardest time getting was 7 other players in the wildcat stadium. Although, there were about 40-65 online games to join (just as a heads up of how many people still play.) Not a bad deal if you want all the bonus stuff, i'm still more of the "own the disc" type and am happy with my copy

Shit. I already got 975 achievement points on the 360 version, and I game shared this with my friend on the PS3, and have about 90% of the trophies for that save as well. Time to get back into it.

[quote name='jmarano7836']I just platinum-ed this last night, and the trophy for ps3 i had the hardest time getting was 7 other players in the wildcat stadium.[/QUOTE]
That was my most difficult one too ... I would join games where the leader would start that challenge, and then cancel it after a while.

I ended up starting up my own games as the leader, and if you run constant challenges, people who want to do the challenges will stay in your game ... then you do the Wildcat Stadium and usually people will follow along.

[quote name='intoxicated662']I want to get all the dlc for $20 but don't wanna pay that alone so if anyone wants to help out and join a share group for this on ps3 i'm for it. I already have the game and enjoy playing it online. Finding people to play with online is no problem and this game still holds replay value.[/QUOTE]

Huh?

Great game and great value for everything at $30, even if it is over 3 gigs. I might have to get it again. I might not even mind having to play all the races I already beat. What makes this so fun for me is the ability to play my custom sound track.

Does the DLC add any additional trophies?

I've been meaning to play this game, but $30 and no hard copy has got me feeling kind of ehhhhh....

[quote name='lolwut?']Does the DLC add any additional trophies?

I've been meaning to play this game, but $30 and no hard copy has got me feeling kind of ehhhhh....[/QUOTE]
There are trophies for every DLC. Go here http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/burnout-paradise/12613-burnout-paradise-trophy-guide.html
There are more DLC trophies combined 47, than regular trophies 45.

EDIT: nevermind me, offline 45, plus 6 online make 51 total, plus the 47 DLC. Just check that site.

The disc-based save file is NOT compatible with the PSN version. I found out myself just now and I checked Criterion's website.

Not exactly a big deal though. You've still got your trophies and all cars unlocked!!!

[quote name='INCyr']The pack includes ALL of the released DLC for the game:

Party Pack ($10?)
Big Surf Island ($13)
Cops & Robbers ($10)
Toy Cars ($13)
Boost Specials ($8)
Legendary Cars ($8)
Timesaver (unlocks all cars in-game) ($5)

(I believe those prices are correct - I'm trying to remember what I saw this morning. Toy cars & Cops & Robbers might be swapped, but everything else should be correct.)[/QUOTE]

Nice. I didn't know the Timesaver DLC was included. I platinum'd the game back in 2008 but my save file bit the dust along with my old 60GB. I'm tempted to get this now.

[quote name='mywhitenoise']EDIT:: Nevermind, you'll have to make a new save.[/QUOTE]

¿POR QUE?

That makes me sad. I was going to give my disc to my cousin he could experience the game and I would run my old save off of the downloaded version. This bums me out.

Now the question is do I want to play through the game again for the convenience of having it both my PS3s or do I just want the DLC?

I wonder if they ever fixed a glitch that occurred sometimes when people added on the Big Surf Island DLC, if you hadn't finished all the gates in downtown, when you added Big surf island, did something to one of the gates in the Car Park Garage next to the road to the bridge

I know I got to 399/400 gates and many others reported it and thy kept saying.. they're working on it Their remedy up to that point - "Start over" it shouldn't happen again.. not very convincing, but if you could gameshare the $30 total package comingout to $6 each not a bad deal for the game & all the dlc and having it on your machine for a quick pickup game..

[quote name='kab030']The disc-based save file is NOT compatible with the PSN version. I found out myself just now and I checked Criterion's website.[/QUOTE]

That's a deal breaker for me. It is a fantastic game, though.

This is really tempting. I think I may bite before the end of the deal. I still have a crapload of GS credit thanks to BB's free games :) May be time to buy some PSN cards.

[quote name='tukai']What is this game about? I hate passing up on great deals[/QUOTE]

It's an arcade-style racing game. It's an open-world environment, with challenges and different cars to unlock. There's a good deal to do, and this is a great price for it.

If you want a more in-depth idea of what it consists of, go look at IGN or Gamespot or any other review site - they should be able to give you an idea of if you might like it or not.

I have the 360 version, and would buy this DLC if that price gets matched on 360. I liked the game so much that when I accidentally deleted my save at about 90% completion, I started playing it over, knowing I would likely not get any further achievements. My 4 year old son also loves it (he calls it Crash FM).

If you like the old Burnout series you'll like this, if you LOVE the old Burnout series, you may not. The biggest things missing are Crash mode and offline Co-Op modes. Every other complaint about this game has pretty much been addressed in the patches and updates. ie. environmental/weather effects, and restarting races without having to drive back across the map (this was a big issue for some).

The ONLY thing I can fault this game for, is the environments are sterile. Meaning there is a COMPLETE absense of life. No birds or planes flying, no wind blowing the trees, no people walking around. Most of the time you'll be going so fast that you won't notice. But it kind of bothered me, a little, and is a relatively minor complaint.

I know the xbox version had a demo, not sure about PS3. But play the demo and if you like it, know that the game itself is 1000x better than the demo!

[quote name='Baron O Hell']If I got this would I have to use timesaver? I rather get the cars on my own.[/QUOTE]

No, each piece of DLC comes individually, so you can only download the DLC you want. I'm actually trying to figure out if there's a way to go back and uninstall Timesaver as I blindly downloaded all of the DLC without thinking, and I'm not sure I want Timesaver at the moment - although I might want it in the future.

bread's done
Back