Halo Wars @ Microcenter $9.99 2/19-2/22 only!

dabamus

Banned
Just got the ad for this in my email. Everything else appeared to be at MSRP when it comes to new products.

They have advertised a 20GB Refurb 360 for $149.99 and a 60GB Refurb 360 for $199.99

Those are the only items of note.(other than the usual "our used prices beat Gamestop's" thing)

[quote name='Dr Geo']Is this dead or am i on crack?

[/QUOTE]

Just need a little patience... it's $9.99 now.

[quote name='Dr Geo']Is this dead or am i on crack?
[/QUOTE]
It's not dead. It's just not live until they open most likely.(10AM or so this morning ET)

And I would hope you aren't on crack. :p

Wow I just checked the online inventory of the store by me and it says they have 52 in stock.. guess I dont have to rush out there lol

[quote name='Danxx777']Wow I just checked the online inventory of the store by me and it says they have 52 in stock.. guess I dont have to rush out there lol[/QUOTE]

That could be why they are on sale. :p

Also watch out for El Hoardo!

[quote name='dabamus']That could be why they are on sale. :p

Also watch out for El Hoardo![/QUOTE]

Yea my gf dorms about 15 mins from the store (im like 45 mins) hopefully i can convince her to go snag one for me at this price :D

Thanks for the heads up on this, I was hoping for a price around $10 :)

Damn the shipping, I guess I'll have to wait a bit for it to be in the $13 area shipped. (I don't have a store anywhere near me)

wow, thanks OP! so I'm wondering 2 things...think they will have PH version? anyone think we'll be successful in PMing say at BB??

Fun game! Bought in earlier in 2009 for pretty cheap...traded it into Amazon for a good price...and now I can get it back for a good price. :)

There are 22 left at the Microcenter in St Louis Park, MN fyi.

In-store pickup setup via their site is easy...thanks OP!

[quote name='Danxx777']Wow I just checked the online inventory of the store by me and it says they have 52 in stock.. guess I dont have to rush out there lol[/QUOTE]

45 in stock near me. Honestly probably not worth the drive all the way out there though.

How do you check that?

[quote name='mahyar1']How do you check that?[/QUOTE]

If you select the store from the top of the site, on the right side, it'll tell you how many are in stock at that store.

[quote name='spartan789']If you select the store from the top of the site, on the right side, it'll tell you how many are in stock at that store.[/QUOTE]

Thank you

[quote name='seanr1221']I went to order for instore pickup, and it's telling me my billing address doesn't match what the bank has.

What the hell?[/QUOTE]
I also got a failed to authenticate for my first CC; I had to use my debit card for some reason.

I have a $10 gift card I've been waiting to use....might pick it up. I will have to think about it till it opens.

[quote name='sk3tchcom']There are 22 left at the Microcenter in St Louis Park, MN fyi[/QUOTE]

Make that 21...

They have 33 left at the one in Madison Heights, MI. That's the only one in MI too. Good thing I live 5 minutes from it.

$6 shipping is just ridiculous. Great deal if you can pick one up, but this is a great example of shipping taking the hotness off a deal.

[quote name='revsmitty']Wow, 60 in stock near me. Only if I didn't have this one already. :([/QUOTE]

*waves at a fellow NVa resident.* That'll be one down before the end of the weekend, I suspect. Trying to figure out if it's worth it to try and get the PH at $20 at some point, but I'm not sure the DLC is worth the extra cash.

I really want to pick up a copy for my son so i could finally beat the co-op, but the shipping does kill it for me. But in all fairness this game is easily worth $16. very underrated.

[quote name='youngavatar']Just wanted to tell people that the platinum hit verison of this game is coming out i think it contains some of the dlc.[/QUOTE]

It contains all of the DLC, and is $30 on amazon. (Haven't price shopped though.) Given that it's $10/pack for both packs, it's the same price to pick this up for $10 and then grab the DLC. Plus, MS might put the DLC on sale at some point. And this would allow you to see if you really wanted to pick up the DLC - for me, it sounds like it's all multi-player based, which means it doesn't hold much of an appeal for me.

My location is out of stock. Figures with my great luck at times, :roll:. Shipping does kill this deal though. Maybe BB price match?

How close does it have to be for bestbuy/walmart to price match ?

The nearest microcenter is probably about 30 miles from the closest of either of those.

[quote name='Wario64']Can you post the ad? i want to attempt to price match this at walmart or something[/QUOTE]

You don't need an add, just print out the online info from their web site. As long as their is a location that is local in your area, they will price match. Also, when I had something price matched at BB, they went online and varified that the store was out of stock. For some reason that mattered? The game is not on BB web site, but I remember 4-5 copies that were hanging around the clearance bin for months,(they were still asking to much, even at clearance price) at my local BB. I'll try today and see if they bite.

[quote name='dcm1602']How close does it have to be for bestbuy/walmart to price match ?

The nearest microcenter is probably about 30 miles from the closest of either of those.[/QUOTE]

That might be to fare, but you can try it.

I just wanted to chime in and say that Halo Wars is a very well made and fun game. Hardcore RTS fans may miss a lack of complexity, but IMO Halo Wars has nice depth and the single player shines with scenarios that go beyond "kill everything" missions.

[quote name='LiquidCrew']You don't need an add, just print out the online info from their web site. As long as their is a location that is local in your area, they will price match. Also, when I had something price matched at BB, they went online and varified that the store was out of stock. For some reason that mattered? The game is not on BB web site, but I remember 4-5 copies that were hanging around the clearance bin for months,(they were still asking to much, even at clearance price) at my local BB. I'll try today and see if they bite.
[/QUOTE]

The problem is that my nearest location is already out of stock (im sure they had no copies to begin with), so i would have more success with the email ad. i did it before when guitar hero world tour was $20 within the first couple months of release at microcenter

[quote name='cobrakai83']They have 33 left at the one in Madison Heights, MI. That's the only one in MI too. Good thing I live 5 minutes from it.[/QUOTE]

I got one of those and it was down to 26

so is Amazon the only place that has the PH version? anyone seen one at BB? I was seconds away from trying to PM, but got impatient and left the line...anybody think the SKU would be the same? like maybe I can PM at one store, then return/rebuy the PH at another..it'd be a stretch, but if SKU's were same, it would all be good!

Wow. Earlier today the website listed 60 in stock at the NVa Microcenter. Now it's completely unlisted. I wonder if hoarders already cleaned out the stock? *sigh*

Edit: I just called. Someone's placed an order for 55 of them. Seriously? I mean, I understand it on some level, but it just pisses me off.

^^ yeah Houston had 52 this morning, now only 7..oh well. maybe in a PM scenario, they won't chose the store from the drop-down menu, thus not really showing stock. fingers crossed!

I have a feeling this won't be the last time we see this for $10..

[quote name='INCyr']Wow. Earlier today the website listed 60 in stock at the NVa Microcenter. Now it's completely unlisted. I wonder if hoarders already cleaned out the stock? *sigh*

Edit: I just called. Someone's placed an order for 55 of them. Seriously? I mean, I understand it on some level, but it just pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Hoarders: The Larfleezes of retail.

[quote name='INCyr']Wow. Earlier today the website listed 60 in stock at the NVa Microcenter. Now it's completely unlisted. I wonder if hoarders already cleaned out the stock? *sigh*

Edit: I just called. Someone's placed an order for 55 of them. Seriously? I mean, I understand it on some level, but it just pisses me off.[/QUOTE]

Wow, glad I dropped by there at lunch. They had 10+ copies out on the shelves when was there at 1 PM.

I can't really understand this one from the hoarding perspective...the normal version is hitting around $20 everywhere, and the PH version is only $10 more and comes with about $20 worth of DLC. Doesn't seem like a great flipping opportunity.

bread's done
Back