Mayday's Contest: 13 Months of Xbox Live Code

Mayday

CAGiversary!
Hey Guys, I have a a code for 13 months of Xbox Live what I no longer need as I don't have an Xbox anymore, so I decided to hold a contest on CAG!

Instructions:

All you've gotta do is reply in the thread what's your favourite feature on Xbox Live and why you like it so much.

I'll end the contest in one week, and will PM the winner.

Good Luck!

The fact that pretty much every game has trial mode. It's really important to test out a game before buying, especially if it's one you don't know a lot about.

The Party Chat, it's good to finally be able to talk to a group of my friends while we're all in different games, it was so annoying back when only private chat was available and I could only talk to my friends one at a time.

I'm not that much into massive online gameplay. I like myself some Singleplayer action and as funny as it may sound: I actually like XBL better than the PSN even when I play on my own or with just friends.

Playing online feels quite awkaward to me as people who usually play a game online love it and are pros. Well, I play occasionally and for fun and as such I don't really enjoy being murdered over and over again.

(Mind, I'm not crap at video games, but getting stuck in lv 900000 prestige player matches in MW2 is quite annoying, even when I'm usually not at the bottom of the foodchain ;)

It's not that I don't like playing with others, it's just that I love playing splitscreen with "physical" friends - it's probably got something to with how I was raised on (and still love) classic video games.

Probably because of that, my favourite feature is the ability to log in two XBL accounts simultaneously for split-screen co-op. People usually take this for granted - those people never played on the PS3. I love me some Rock Band 2 - and I play it on my PS3 - my guests are always annoyed that they cannot log in with their PSN accounts.

To be honest, it's a shame that gamers these days tend to limit their interaction with other players. I thing that games are more fun when shared with others: when you can laugh in their face when they lose, or annoy them just to get a couple extra points. You say you interact over Live? No, you talk to a box and if you are lucky you don't get to listen to a nazi 12-year old.

And if that doesn't count, because that's kind of a anti-live feature (we do play online though, even when we play split-screen!), I really appreciate the (mostly forgotem) TrueSkill/Rep system. Yes, I know it's flawed and yes, I think the big M should put more time into it but I use it a lot to actually see if a person (be it a friend or a stranger) is worth dealing with. (TrueSkill on Magic The Gathering acutally helped me find a couple friends on similar skill level - playing with those people made the game so much better and intense) That's one thing I would love to see implemented on the PS3 in the future, btw.

There, and sorry about the wall of text

It's hard to put into words, because my first thoughts were "meh..", but actually thinking about it, I think that the best thing about Xbox Live is that it lets you have friendly competition and co-operative play with anyone; whether it's between friends comparing achievements, attempting to "pwn" people on C.O.D., or anything inbetween. :)

The Arcade. 'Splosion Man, Castle Crashers and Shadow Complex are 3 of my favourite games this gen. Can't wait for the Summer, and Sonic 4.

All of the offers and information you can recieve from videos on inside xbox, to the deal of week where i get the majority of my arcade games and add on packs, im to cheap to pay the full price for anything haha.
So really its the general entertainment factor i get from live, and it dosent even have to be when im playing a game, but it does help!

Indie games,
Games like Chime are a prime example,
for a game thats non-prpfit that gives like 60% of the earnings to charity its just awesome, as well as the fact that the game itself is really good.

400mp, well worth it imo

Probably the fact that you can try a game without buying, and also the online system is great because of party chat, for two reasons. One, it's useful if your playing a game online with your friends. Without it, we would have to listen to insulting language and be harassed every time we play online. Two, cross game voice chat is AWESOME, without it I wouldn't be able to talk to my friends while playing MW2, as most of them play other games. Also, the reward system is nice, and all the menus are nicely laid out.

I'll say 1vs100. It's one of the many features of xbox live, but it is always fun to get a group of buddies together, answering questions trying to get on the mob of be the one on a live show. Also, it's pretty funny to see everyone tapping Y to try and get their avatar to do a funky dance!

I think the best feature of Xbox live like everyone else is the trials/Demo's. Gotta love em, I get to try before I buy. And since I just bought a 360, and have no games, it's nice to download an ars load of demo's and play them.. on my silver account :(

*Hint* *Hint*

Nah but really thats generous of you for giving away something on CAG.

It's a combination of the two, really. Trial versions of everything combined with Marketplace on the web.

Not being able to trial games on the other systems doesn't do it for me, it puts me off buying them. They say "don't judge a book by its cover" and yet the 360 is the only system that allows me to play the game (before dismissing it as overpriced crap).
Furhtermore, the fact I can queue up trials, or other downloads in general, from the internet is a great help with that should I be away from the 360.

EDIT: Oi, yanks, get out of here this isn't for you. The code isn't valid for you anyway.

The best feature of XBL by far is Indie Games. Very slow start but recently there has been some amazing stuff coming out, and a lot of it is utterly essential. Far, far better than XBLA has been in recent months.

Just amazing stuff. Pocoro, Johnny Platform, the Alpha Secret Base Stuff and soon, Shoot 1UP, if you haven't checked this stuff out you absolutely need to.

The best feature of xbl is the fast that it's easy to see what my friends are up to. The interface makes is simple to see what your friends are doing and to communicate with them. After all, to me the whole point of being online is to play with friends.

I love the in-game chat. You can have up to 8 people, all playing different games, talking together. That's definitely the best thing about the Xbox 360.

braggin' rights.
they are soooo vintage, i fall back to my arcade records when i was 8 and proud

you cannot beat nostalgia

i think its the achievements that make xbox special personally i would never play again if it wasnt for that, gamerscore is what adds purpose to the game, a way to show your success

the best feature is the file complaint feature because you can report any dumb, irrespectful kid and get them a ban or something less cruel. lol. because there are lot of people trashtalking and that is something we all really hate

The complete integration of the friends' list/matchmaking is pretty slick. Thanks for offering up this great contest, it's very generous.

photo party. you can be miles away or in another country and keep up with family & friends. example: my brother had a baby near end of january and we both downloaded the photo party app from the marketplace and he connected his digital camera and was able to send me photos of the baby and was able to share other photos live too. I couldn't make it due to school but hey, that is a great feature that is not credited enough I say.

I love all of the demos for games so you can try out before you make an investment. I have a ps3 and the ps store is lacking in demos

That's great!

For starters I love how easy it is to use. It makes it so easy to play with your friends and also communicate while gaming. In my opinion it sets the standards in the online console world. I like how reliable it is. I can only really remember the service having major problems once. An other thing I like is comparing achievements and arcade leader boards with friends online. It really brings out the competitive side in me and my friends. With live you can really express you with your profile. Every live update has continued to expand and add features that gamers want. Party chat, zune/sky viewer for me and my friends to hang out even tho we now live miles way from each other. Last.fm to chill out to before I go out for a night or streaming a movie to watch while I try to fall asleep. Twitter and facebook to see if my friends are around for a few games and so on.

For me it has became more than service for gaming. You know demos, DLC, arcade and indie games. It's more like a entertainment hub. I can only see live getting better in the future.

Just to let the people US commenting on the thread, this code is region protected and will not work on your accounts.

My favourite feature is that i can use my gamertag to indicate my profiency with the ladies (i regards to "in the butt") and that i smoke phat blunts. Also the xXx on either side of my 'tag' are a clear indication that i am h4rdc0r3, that bitches be crazy, and that i am in fact NOT 10 years old.

;)

Also, are you sure the code is region locked? When i moved to the UK the live code i bought here worked on my foreign account but points codes WERE region locked. Either way, it should only be a europe/uk thing.

I love speaking to all my friends on xbox live! Nearly all my friends have xbox live and we all speak together when playing on the xbox. My subscription has nearly run out and I can't afford a new subscription. :cry:. I would be very grateful if I recieved a code for xbox live. Don't worry I am from the UK

What I appreciate most about Xbox Live is actually the Games on Demand service. The frankly ridiculous prices for which the games are sold under this service makes me appreciate such sites as CAG even more than I did before, along with cheaper alternatives in terms of digital distribution, such as Steam.

Games on Demand demonstrates to me that, even though they offer several great features in many areas, Microsoft simply shouldn't be able to enjoy significant success in charging so much for products that can, in some cases, be found at under half the price through sites such as this. Competition between different retailers brings a wealth of benefits for the consumer, and it is for this reason that Games on Demand reminds me of the true benefits of consumer choice and the reasons why allowing a single company to dictate the price of games is never a good thing.

I hate Live, ruined split-screen games, now if i want to play a game with friends we have to bring round multiple xbox's and play in a laggy mess cuz other people use the router...

What do i like about it? Sky player, because of that, my xbox was able to go on the big tv in the front room for a month :3

bread's done
Back