* * * * * 2 votes

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Season 5 debuts April 12th

#1141 yankeessuck   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   389 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

yankeessuck

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#1142 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 05 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

That fight still makes no sense to me. He had swords laying all around him from the guards he knocked down, he could have grabbed one, instead he fought with the wooden practice sword. It's like he wanted to die.

I don't think those kind of swords would have worked for his fighting style. His style was more for rapiers than traditional swords. It was more of a fencing style, hence Needle being an ideal sword for Arya. Or who knows, maybe the guy could fight any way, but chose that style for Arya because of her sword being small and lightweight.

#1143 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 13.3 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 06 June 2012 - 04:58 PM

Spoiler

Not necessarily.

Spoiler

#1144 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:49 PM

Life-size replica of The Iron Throne anyone?

http://store.hbo.com...=373634&dm=true

Well, it's fiberglass, so it's The Fiberglass Throne? :lol:

List of io9's 10 Best Changes from book to HBO show with Clash Of Kings (spoilers, of course, and yes, we know of some peoples' love of Kotaku sister sites):

http://io9.com/59157...-clash-of-kings

In-depth interview with Alfie Allen / Theon Greyjoy (spoilers):

http://www.vulture.c...-interview.html

#1145 Confucius   Corporate Shill CAGiversary!   16267 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 05:50 PM

That fight still makes no sense to me. He had swords laying all around him from the guards he knocked down, he could have grabbed one, instead he fought with the wooden practice sword. It's like he wanted to die.

Why did Obi Wan just stand there!!!!

Life-size replica of The Iron Throne anyone?

http://store.hbo.com...=373634&dm=true

Well, it's fiberglass, so it's The Fiberglass Throne? :lol:

Shipping kills the deal.

I'd so love to geek out and get it but I'm not that into GoTs and .... my gf would kill me.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#1146 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Shipping kills the deal.

I'd so love to geek out and get it but I'm not that into GoTs and .... my gf would kill me.

I'm waiting for thebob101 to show up in here and have a nerdgasm over it. :D

#1147 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:25 AM

Why did Obi Wan just stand there!!!!

Arthritis?

#1148 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:51 PM

S2 on BluRay is up for pre-order on Amazon, currently at $55.99:
http://www.amazon.co.../dp/B0060MYM7O/

#1149 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13271 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Just waiting for it to show in my quick picks. Wonder if BB will have another exclusive cover. Love my Stark one.

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1150 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

Are we expecting this to have the same turn-around time and come out in March again?

#1151 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

Are we expecting this to have the same turn-around time and come out in March again?

Since HBO's schedule for their big-name shows seems to be set with True Blood taking June, July and into mid-August, Boardwalk Empire taking September, October and into mid-November, it seems likely that GoT will end up being the mid-March, April and May timeslots.

Also, a long discussion about possible S3 roles and possible actors/actresses into those roles:

http://www.spoilertv...ting-roles.html

#1152 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:15 PM

Yeah actually that was kind of Syrio's Obi Wan moment.
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1153 Indignate   Hell Yeah, I’m the Motherfucking Princess! CAGiversary!   18554 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

I was speaking specifically about the bluray/dvd sets.

If I remember correctly, the first season came out about a month before the second season began. Think we'll see the same thing with season 2?

#1154 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

I was speaking specifically about the bluray/dvd sets.

If I remember correctly, the first season came out about a month before the second season began. Think we'll see the same thing with season 2?

It's in their best interests to bring it out a month or two before the next season releases, so people can get up to speed on it.

I read an article in Costco's magazine about HBO shows on disc that 60% of people that buy HBO shows on DVD or BD don't have HBO. I guess they think it's cheaper to get the shows on disc for the ones they might like cheaper than to have HBO for the year's commitment on cable/satellite.

#1155 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9696 Posts   Joined 7.5 Years Ago  

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:18 PM

It's in their best interests to bring it out a month or two before the next season releases, so people can get up to speed on it.

I read an article in Costco's magazine about HBO shows on disc that 60% of people that buy HBO shows on DVD or BD don't have HBO. I guess they think it's cheaper to get the shows on disc for the ones they might like cheaper than to have HBO for the year's commitment on cable/satellite.

I don't have HBO but my parents do. I was a big fan of buying the seasons or picking up a complete set when the prices drop but now that I have access to HBO Go using my parents log in information (we both have the same internet/cable provider) it's really killed collecting the series for me. There have been so many good deals on HBO shows lately (Deadwood, Sopranos, Rome, John Adams, Entourage) but knowing I can watch everything for free has killed any desire to buy the seasons

#1156 crunchb3rry   HODOR! CAGiversary!   5524 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

crunchb3rry

Posted 08 June 2012 - 12:53 AM

Also, a long discussion about possible S3 roles and possible actors/actresses into those roles:

http://www.spoilertv...ting-roles.html

That's kind of a fluff article. Most of the actors on there are just fan fantasies. Always people from Rome, people from The Tudors. A lot of the characters on there have been pretty much confirmed to not be on the show. Some are so minor that they will all be filled by unknowns.

Some have already been cast too. Beric was already in season 1. Ned sent him to arrest Gregor.

Edited by crunchb3rry, 08 June 2012 - 01:14 AM.

#1157 Jodou   Infamous CAGiversary!   13271 Posts   Joined 9.3 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Just waiting for it to show in my quick picks.

Guess what showed up today. ;)

JodouKastBizmuth.jpg

#1158 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:57 PM

That's kind of a fluff article. Most of the actors on there are just fan fantasies. Always people from Rome, people from The Tudors. A lot of the characters on there have been pretty much confirmed to not be on the show. Some are so minor that they will all be filled by unknowns.

Some have already been cast too. Beric was already in season 1. Ned sent him to arrest Gregor.

I said it was long, didn't say it was good.

#1159 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

Someone with the DVDs want to confirm this? :rofl:

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-132749416.html
Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. -George Carlin

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” -Mark Twain

“When a great genius appears in the world you may know him by this sign; that the dunces are all in confederacy against him." -Jonathon Swift

#1160 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3043 Posts   Joined 12.0 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:29 PM

Someone with the DVDs want to confirm this? :rofl:

http://tv.yahoo.com/...-132749416.html

Yes, it's true. It's also been known for several months. Not sure why it's just now becoming a problem.

#1161 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

That was the first I'd heard of it, I'm guessing it's the episode after Ned is beheaded?

#1162 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

Didn't even notice it when I saw it on TV. I put in an order for the Blu ray from Amazon. I was going to hold out till it dropped in price some or Black Friday and pick up the Stark Edition at Best Buy if it was around 30. I read some place that HBO will be editing it so that it does not show up on all future printings. I don't want to take the chance and have some edited version of the show.
Posted Image

#1163 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:16 PM

Didn't even notice it when I saw it on TV. I put in an order for the Blu ray from Amazon. I was going to hold out till it dropped in price some or Black Friday and pick up the Stark Edition at Best Buy if it was around 30. I read some place that HBO will be editing it so that it does not show up on all future printings. I don't want to take the chance and have some edited version of the show.

An earlier article, and it mentions that they may remove it from future DVD/BD production:

http://io9.com/59181...game-of-thrones

#1164 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:19 PM

Behead me once, shame on you. Behead me twice, you won't get beheaded again.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1165 Javery   Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer CAGiversary!   22408 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:21 PM

Just finished Season 2 last night. Holy shit.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#1166 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

An earlier article, and it mentions that they may remove it from future DVD/BD production:

http://io9.com/59181...game-of-thrones

Thats why I figured I might as well order it now. If it is changed then it is changed but if the copy I get is not then I have one unedited just in case they do change it. You really have to look for it anyway. To me the head doesn't even look like him, it is only a side view and has long hair. It does not seem like they intended for it to be him.
Posted Image

#1167 shrike4242   Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else. CAGiversary!   49866 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:14 PM

Thats why I figured I might as well order it now. If it is changed then it is changed but if the copy I get is not then I have one unedited just in case they do change it. You really have to look for it anyway. To me the head doesn't even look like him, it is only a side view and has long hair. It does not seem like they intended for it to be him.

Looks like they are going to pull the DVD copies and it's been "removed" from iTunes and HBO Go until they can de-Bush it:

http://www.avclub.co...itunes-a,81409/

#1168 Strell   LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS! CAGiversary!   26583 Posts   Joined 14.5 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:28 PM

HBO offline temporarily to shave bush? Hot.

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#1169 Clak   Made of star stuff. CAGiversary!   8079 Posts   Joined 9.1 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:33 PM

I'd have a lot more respect for HBO if they simply didn't do anything about it. It's a prosthetic head in a wig, it doesn't even look like Bush, who cares?

#1170 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 14.3 Years Ago  

Posted 18 June 2012 - 11:49 PM

Looks like they are going to pull the DVD copies and it's been "removed" from iTunes and HBO Go until they can de-Bush it:

http://www.avclub.co...itunes-a,81409/

Well my Blu Ray copy came in today so I think I should be good.

EDIT: Just looked and it still has it. I'm sure it will take time for the ones out there to sell out.

Edited by sendme, 19 June 2012 - 12:03 AM.

Posted Image