What's the best intro you've seen in a game?

sailorchrono

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
For me, it'd be Final Fantasy 8's. It was just...wow. Not only for it's graphical power (which at the time blew EVERYTHING else out of the water), but it was just so mind blowing. The way they foreshadowed events that would happen later in the game, the phenomonal song playing in the back ground, it just all came together so beautifully! Plus, 2 really hot guys battling it out was pretty sweet too ;)

So, what are your favorites and why? ^_^'

Genma Onimusha / Onimusha: Warlords (same game, but genma is bigger and better)

And Onimusha 2 (the second half of the intro movie) was fucking awesome... seemed like a nice classic kung fu samauri type intro to me.

Wild Arms. The tune was so catchy and the animation was really well done, almost like it was ripped out of an actual show. It really got me attached and psyched to play the game whenever I saw it.

Oh yeah, I thought Onimusha's intro was pretty lifelike. I was so stunned @ how photo realistic it was, but I didn't really care for the content...the maggots were pretty sick ^^'

On a side note, I do wanna note Shadow Heart's intro. Pretty gory for a RPG ^_^' Really sets the tone for the game, methinks.

And I have yet to play Wild Arms, although I do have it. I will be prepared to be amazed ;)

OMGOMGOMOGMOGOMGOMGOG *EDIT* How could I forget Suikoden III's?!??!?! See it, and weep @ the beauty of Konami's art! It is to die for, really. In fact, I kinda think it's a bit wasted on a video game. Whoever directed/made those videos needs to start making their own anime X.x

I agree with the Final Fantasy VIII intro, Unbelieveable, and after all that i couldn't stomach more than 2-3 hours of the game. For a comparison I made it through about a disc and a half of legand of dragoon. =P

The anime on Suikoden III's intro is nice and I like the tune

Chrono Cross's intro was fabulous. The music the quality, created fealings simular to FF VII andthe aries debacle.

I am sure countless others that arent coming to mind now.

I don't play a lot of RPGs, so I haven't seen most of the intros mentioned so far, with the exception of Onimusha, which I thought was incredible. I think my favorite intro was for Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (DC). Loved the animation in it, and the voicework, which is one of the best aspects of the series, very dramatically set up the story.

Im not sure but yeah Onimusha 3 looks awesome.FOr that sequence alone im buying the game and ive never played an Onimusha game except for the first one which i sucked at.

I still think Soul Blade on the PS One has the best I ever saw. The rendering of the characters was way ahead of anything else done at the time and the music...good grief the intro theme was incredible (as was the entire soundtrack IMO).

Hmmm... I am not sure...

The playable intro of Final Fantasy VII is one of the coolest I have ever seen tough!

Since FF8, Soul Reaver, Genma, and Code: Veronica have already been mentioned, I was quite impressed when I saw the Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance one. When they killed Lui Kang, I wanted to kick those guy's asses.

I loved the intro to FFVIII! That was an incredible way to start the game. The intro had amazing visuals and editing coupled with the amazing soundtrack.
MGS 2 also tops the list. I now have the Williams soundtrack in my head.

RE: CV, MGS2, o and outbreak(resident evil) alos has a pretty sweet one where it shows like the rats goin trough the sewers n u could see the into to re2(when birkin gets assianted) through their eyes too.

Ah, yeah i still love the Kingdom hearts intro. I'm a sucker for great visuals and editing coupled with a great soundtrack. I can't wait for the sequel!

[quote name='floormat']Chrono Cross's intro was fabulous. The music the quality, created fealings simular to FF VII andthe aries debacle.[/quote]

I'll second that. Unfortunately, I never played the game, but my roommate showed me the intro, and I was amazed. That opening theme is one of my favorite pieces of soundtrack music ever. Top-notch.

Fallout 1 & 2. Hahahahahaha. So funny. Gotta love the Canadian getting his noggin offed in 2.
However, I must say Chrono Cross's score hit me pretty hard when I first started it.

[quote name='Diiz']SHENMUE.

In Japanese.[/quote]

you win. That one is teh best. I totally forgot about Shenmue. Both games have amazing intro's

i liked suikoden 3's opening. d'l the song, hehe. for the ps1, wild arms anime intro is awesome! i bought that soundtrack for like 45 bucks (imported from japan) when it first came out :D

as you can tell, i'm biased towards anime intros, lol.

[quote name='GuilewasNK']I still think Soul Blade on the PS One has the best I ever saw. The rendering of the characters was way ahead of anything else done at the time and the music...good grief the intro theme was incredible (as was the entire soundtrack IMO).[/quote]

someone DID mention soul blade :)

Mega Man 4 was such a letdown after mega man 3. I remember looking at the pictures and how cool pharoah man was, but the game just sucked. I was so sad.

I'll say Splinter Cell. Not really the intro but the movie that plays automatically if you pop the game in and don't touch anything.

Has a techno song by Crystal Method over which Sam is doing all sorts of kick-ass manuevers. Really got me hyped to play the game.

I'll second the movie on Splinter Cell, but how about Wind Waker? If you are a Zelda fan, that intro was great. The way it used OoT as an ancient legend that you could follow was nice...

Guess that is why I'm still a CA newbie... :)
Guess I also need to play the game - only saw the first 10 min cuz a suitemate was playing it (haven't gotten to play it seeing as it is still more than $15 lol).

I agree with Final Fantasy 8 and Kingdom Hearts.

Though, the FF8 one was SOOOO ANTICLIMACTIC! "oh...you shouldn't be so rough in training..."

[quote name='evilmax17']Megaman 4
(Go and watch it if you forget it)[/quote]

on the mega man thing I would say that X has the best intro(the level before the bosses).

then again I just flat out love Mega Man X (Sigma's music is amazing)

bread's done
Back