Best Buy has God of War III Ultimate Edition $99.99 + 500 Bonus Points($10 Cert)

SuperJedi

CAGiversary!
I was debating with myself if they have the UE at all, YES they DO!

So, skipping all that "It's a future savings crap" been argued before. To ME, it's value is $89.99 + Tax on $100 + 100 points, consider I only count it once and not twice. I DON'T count $10 from this on future purchase to call that a deal again, you see.

You need to be enrolled in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, and it's FREE, to receive the 500 Points!

I did find this the BETTER deal and I have it in my hands right now! :bouncy:

I think it automatic applied to 500 bonus points when using Reward Zone card. This should work on pricematching, sale, coupon, whatever, etc...

$99.99 - $20 TRU GC + 500 bonus points = $79.99 + $10 RZ Cert. :D

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']I think it automatic applied to 500 bonus points when using Reward Zone card. This should work on pricematching, sale, coupon, whatever, etc...

$99.99 - $20 TRU GC + 500 bonus points = $79.99 + $10 RZ Cert. :D[/QUOTE]

TRU GC?

toys r us...?

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']haha yea.[/QUOTE]

I confuse...

Are you stating BB is PM'ing a TRU GC? YMMV?

Enough acronyms for ya?

[quote name='SuperJedi']I was debating with myself if they have the UE at all, YES they DO!

So, skipping all that "It's a future savings crap" been argued before. To ME, it's value is $89.99 + Tax on $100 + 100 points, consider I only count it once and not twice. I DON'T count $10 from this on future purchase to call that a deal again, you see.

You need to be enrolled in the Reward Zone Gamers Club, and it's FREE, to receive the 500 Points!

I did find this the BETTER deal and I have it in my hands right now! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Am I the only one wondering what all of this means? :whee:

Although, you shouldn't debate yourself too often...someone might see you.

No need to be a douche, just use the link after a few days. Most stores will sell 'em after that (or before, it is Best Buy we're talking about). Hell, I bet half the people who got it did so since you got $10 off the GoW collection if you pre-ordred GoW.

I wouldn't say its me being a douche, but informing people to not get excited just because their store has some in stock.

Sure they might have some extras, but if you want to be a vulture and swipe a preorder, GS is the place to go. They hold them for 2 days while BB tends to hold them for a week or longer.

[quote name='Estebon']I wouldn't say its me being a douche, but informing people to not get excited just because their store has some in stock.

Sure they might have some extras, but if you want to be a vulture and swipe a preorder, GS is the place to go. They hold them for 2 days while BB tends to hold them for a week or longer.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough. I misread it at douchey. I would still use it and see if they got extra and stored any. I mainly posted it since I had to manually make it (Best Buy's page doesn't have the link) and figured this would be a good as place as any to bookmark it :lol:

Question: can i go to BB this morning and pick this up without preordering? It seems all stores around me have it. But didn't pre-order this.

Thanks in advance.

Anybody know if BB will do a price-match for this if you pre-ordered it online from BestBuy.com? i.e. Can I bring in my packing slip receipt and have them apply the bonus points to my Rewards Account?

I think you could also use the 10% off RZ coupon for this. While its a new release, its not on sale or anything..so it'd really be like $79.99 gwahh!!!

[quote name='token2k6']I think you could also use the 10% off RZ coupon for this. While its a new release, its not on sale or anything..so it'd really be like $79.99 gwahh!!![/QUOTE]
does anyone know where those coupons are? I can't find them in the forum and I know someone linked them :(

Doh, forgot about that... the only problem being, there's no UE in the local BB :(

EDIT: oh wait, the 10% coupon expired yesterday! The 15th, doh! BB planned well i guess...

[quote name='Serpentor']
EDIT: oh wait, the 10% coupon expired yesterday! The 15th, doh! BB planned well i guess...[/QUOTE]

not if you're Silver, 3/21 :D :D

I'm going to go by in an hour, this fits well into my plan of keeping one sealed, opening another..

Just got back from the Kildeer, IL store. Got there at opening, didn't see any more Ultimate Editions on the floor; asked an employee and they pulled out some from the back. They had a stack of them behind customer service but those must be for preorders. 2 left on the floor when I left around 10:30. Got an Ultimate Edition for $89.99 plus tax after coupon.

Edit - BestBuy.com has these for shipping only right now. In store pickup Not Available

[quote name='rvdnsx']Just got back from the Kildeer, IL store. Got there at opening, didn't see any more Ultimate Editions on the floor; asked an employee and they pulled out some from the back. They had a stack of them behind customer service but those must be for preorders. 2 left on the floor when I left around 10:30. Got an Ultimate Edition for $89.99 plus tax after coupon.

Edit - BestBuy.com has these for shipping only right now. In store pickup Not Available[/QUOTE]

Are you a Silver member?

Also for those that do get the UE version. The music DL will not be live until Friday according to the sony rep I got off the phone with. If you do redeem the code it will boot you (time you out)or crash your browser when you try to DL it. Got fed up and talk to a sony rep who gave me the info. Also he said that the voucher will still redeem even if it currently states that its already been redeemed.

well I wussed out on getting it at BB. They had 3 copies just sitting on the bare tile floor next to the cardboard stand (I-10&BunkerHill) however, they had the spider-wrap security device on there, severely indenting the box where the wires laid. could have been the one I opened, but then I figured I don't really need to go in almost $180 for two when I still need other titles, like Heavy Rain or B:BC2 LE..

edit: plus to be honest, and I don't know what I was expecting, but this box was barely that big, definitely nothing awe-inspiring about it..so I'm cool w/ opening my copy and playing it, gotta do that sometimes for the good games. I know I'll never re-sell it..

i wasnt going to pick up a UE because im not that big of a fan of gow but im a fan of limited editions that are truly limited. i found on at best buy so i picked it up they had about 6 of them, i asked the guy and he said that was all they got in so i hope this edition doesn't turn out to be like the halo helmet

said out of stock online, then the product page reverted back to available for shipping even though the search page remained the same. Hopefully I'll actually be getting one and this isn't a mistake that will result in nothing more than a cancellation e-mail.

Not sure if Ultimate Edition will be limited but went to a Best Buy and they had about 6 or so at game area, and more at Customer Service for pre-orders.

It's right in the Ad that you get 500 Bonus points.

Do you get it immediately? No, it's a Future moneyback.

It takes about as long as all the other Best Buy purchases.

[quote name='SuperJedi']Oh I see what you are saying. The ad doesn't have Ultimate Edition listed... but it should work on both right?[/QUOTE]

Can always bug a Reward Zone customer support afterward if it does not show up.

Thumbed through God of War III guide while in Best Buy and saw that they listed the skins as Download Content, I suppose they are going to sell the skins via PSN afterward like Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 costumes.

[quote name='armandxp']The ad says on regular editions only. Sucks...[/QUOTE]

I am not saying you are wrong, but the ad is only showing is the regular edition and have "Reward Zone Gamers Club Members receive 500 BONUS POINTS ($10 value) with the purchase of God Of War III this week" on the side of it, it did not state regular editions only. Maybe there is more to it, but I do not know, since I am looking at the online ad and the fine prints are blurry so I cannot tell. But based on whatever wrote on the side, it only states that you get 500 bonus points for purchasing God of War III, and did not specify any edition/version. Ultimate Edition does count as God of War III, to me at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to BB this morning, didn't get the UE cuz there was only 4 left and was the 5th person in line. Oh well. My Amazon order are still in enroute and just got a $10 gift certificate!

i am trying to get my purchase to count for the bonus points using the online reward zone "missing a purchase" thing....piece of shit says my order doesnt exist or was already redeemed elsewhere..i may have to call their CSR and get it fixed.

Pisses me off i couldnt stack the discount coupon with my pre-ordered copy as it states on there not for use with orders on BB.com

I preordered the UE, but I haven't picked it up yet. I'm a bit underwhelmed with the package as a whole, and I don't know if I want it or the normal copy. I might just downgrade.

[quote name='supermodestmouse']i ordered it online while i was at work, but didn't have my RZ card on me. any idea if i can still get in on this?[/QUOTE]
Fill out the missing form at RZ online.

Snagged two copies for $89.99+tax, after the RZ Silver Coupon, then a $49.99 Bioshock 2 LE, after it's respective coupon. Combine that with about $70 in RZ GC's I had, and it made for one good day! :)

bread's done
Back