Humans gone in 30 years? Beginning of Mass extinction

[quote name='The Crotch']Ten replies before this and no spurious Einstein quotations.

thumbs_up.jpg
[/QUOTE]

You mean this one:

"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years of life left."

I propose we influx massive amounts of cash into researching robobees. They'd be ten times the size of a human and could do the work of 10 million bees.

[quote name='Purple Flames']I remember a thread about this popping up about 2 years ago, because I distinctly remember making a Simpsons joke on the matter.[/QUOTE]

I did enough threadcrapping that the thread was transferred to the Vs. forum. There, it died from neglect like all Vs. threads.

[quote name='The Crotch']Something about dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you?[/QUOTE]

http://bestuff.com/stuff/or-what-yo...uths-so-when-they-bark-they-shoot-bees-at-you

Homer: Bart, you’re coming home.
Bart: I want to stay here with Mr. Burns.
Burns: I suggest you leave immediately.
Homer: Or what? You’ll release the dogs, or the bees, or the dogs with bees in their mouths and when they bark they shoot bees at you? Well, go ahead—do your worst!
Burns slams the door and locks it
disbelieving He locked the door! I’ll show him—rings the doorbell and runs away

[quote name='ritchardf']anything to keep you in fear, that way you dont ask many questions, just pay your taxes[/QUOTE]

/tea party

[quote name='Magehart']I propose we influx massive amounts of cash into researching robobees. They'd be ten times the size of a human and could do the work of 10 million bees.[/QUOTE]

Then they would become sentient and enslave us to work in their offworld honey mines.

That is of course till some rebels rise up to fight the mechano bee's and then the queen mechano bee will send a beeminator back in time to kill the mother of the man who starts the rebellion.

Whale, I'll bee damned.

True story about bees:
I had a hive infest a tree in my back yard. It got to the point where there were probably a hundred or so at a time flying in and out of the tree. I squirted lighter fluid in the hole, lit it on fire. Bees flew freaking everywhere and disappeared. I burned their hive. I patted myself on the back.

Went back outside the next day, the damn things were back. I tried flooding them with water, that didn't work; gasoline didn't work. I bought some of that expanding foam insulation stuff - they ate a hole through it. Eventually cold weather set in and they calmed down. So I took a butt load of broken sticks and filled the hole in the tree. They didn't appreciate that. They were literally flying out of the tree and falling dead and landing the snow because of the cold weather. I patted myself on the back.

Next spring rolled around and they were still there. I waited till a cool morning when there was no activity. I mixed up about 2 gallons of concrete and sealed the f'ers in the hole. I patted myself on the back.

Moral of the story? Don't pat yourself on the back if you still have concrete on your hand. You could hurt yourself.

[quote name='powercreep']Whale, I'll bee damned.

True story about bees:
I had a hive infest a tree in my back yard. It got to the point where there were probably a hundred or so at a time flying in and out of the tree. I squirted lighter fluid in the hole, lit it on fire. Bees flew freaking everywhere and disappeared. I burned their hive. I patted myself on the back.

Went back outside the next day, the damn things were back. I tried flooding them with water, that didn't work; gasoline didn't work. I bought some of that expanding foam insulation stuff - they ate a hole through it. Eventually cold weather set in and they calmed down. So I took a butt load of broken sticks and filled the hole in the tree. They didn't appreciate that. They were literally flying out of the tree and falling dead and landing the snow because of the cold weather. I patted myself on the back.

Next spring rolled around and they were still there. I waited till a cool morning when there was no activity. I mixed up about 2 gallons of concrete and sealed the f'ers in the hole. I patted myself on the back.

Moral of the story? Don't pat yourself on the back if you still have concrete on your hand. You could hurt yourself.[/QUOTE]
My dad and I did something similar once, actually. Had a huge fucking colony of wasps a couple years back in this dilapidated old shed in one of our pastures. So we waited until a day of ~-35C, headed out to the shed, and removed the outer wall.

So many pissed-off insects utterly incapable of attacking you. I mean, they're still alive and they're still trying to sting, but their wings just don't work; fall straight to the ground.

[quote name='powercreep']Whale, I'll bee damned.

True story about bees:

Moral of the story? Don't pat yourself on the back if you still have concrete on your hand. You could hurt yourself.[/QUOTE]

lol

One of my best friends, a few years ago, insisted that bees were attracted to his dandruff. I can't vouch for the validity of his claim, however.

bread's done
Back