- - - - -

TRANSFORMERS: Dark of the Moon: BR Release 9/30/11!

#31 QiG   I'm all out of gum.. CAGiversary!   2866 Posts   Joined 13.5 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

So very true. My wife is infinitely times hotter than I am. Most women don't care about looks nearly as much as men do. They care more about a thing called personality and humor and junk.

I rate it:
1) Humor/Personality
2) Money
3) Looks

As far as what females are concerned with

#32 slidecage   Nothing to say CAGiversary!   29326 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:03 PM

only reason fox looks that was is tons of plastic surgery and tons of makeup..... seen a picture a while back (think it was in EW) it showed what she looked like before and she didnt look anything like she does not ..

im glad she is gone she didnt add anything to the movie at all... though mostly none of the human parts do....and it will be the final part anyways (cause it will flop :)

#33 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

I don't get it, the human characters in the old cartoon were ancillary characters at the most and the cartoon was a hit back then, as was the cartoon movie. Why do they feel the need to focus on humans in these live action movies?

#34 tcrash247   ghosts.nin.com CAGiversary!   3665 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:14 PM

I don't get it, the human characters in the old cartoon were ancillary characters at the most and the cartoon was a hit back then, as was the cartoon movie. Why do they feel the need to focus on humans in these live action movies?

They must think that a movie is crap unless you have humans as being the main characters, I can't think of any other reason. I guess they never heard of a movie called WALL-E.

#35 DestroVega   Life is short... stunt it CAGiversary!   7191 Posts   Joined 12.9 Years Ago  

DestroVega

Posted 20 May 2010 - 10:43 PM

The second movie was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.... but guess what?

The third is still going to be a huge smash hit.

#36 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:58 PM

The second movie was the worst thing I have ever seen in my life.... but guess what?

The third is still going to be a huge smash hit.

exactly.

Now rumor has it that the chick from Clash of the titans and PoP is going to replace her.

#37 sendme   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5117 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

Megan is saying she quit the movie but chances are Bay let her go after what she said last year. Her in or not in this movie will not make me go see it any more or any less. I am now seeing them to see how much they fucked it all up. The first one was good but the second one was crap. Hell in the scenes she was in you could tell they were only using her for her looks.

#38 E-Z-B   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3396 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:32 PM

Say what you want, but Megan Fox made this franchise. Transformers would never be where it is without her.

#39 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 01:50 PM

Say what you want, but Megan Fox made this franchise. Transformers would never be where it is without her.

:puke:

WHAT? Are you drunk right now? Fox is there for eye candy. Her roles in the first two movies were to give everyone in the audience an erection. Did she stop megatron from getting the all spark? Nope. Did she bring prime back to life? Nope. Fuck that.

Edited by ITDEFX, 21 May 2010 - 03:28 PM.

#40 RawrrSlayer   Rawrr! CAGiversary!   554 Posts   Joined 11.5 Years Ago  

RawrrSlayer

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

Till All are One!

Guest_Dick Tracy_*

Posted 21 May 2010 - 02:55 PM

I want to know why they're even bothering with a 3rd. The second was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

Do you think Hollywood cares about quality? Look at the sequels ticket sales. Why wouldn't they want to make a third?

Needless to say, Western society's taste, as a whole, is at an all-time low.

#42 gargus   Banned Banned   2231 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

I want to know why they're even bothering with a 3rd. The second was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life.

They are bothering because it made alot of money, thats why.

The general movie going audience for big budget summer hollywood action flicks have the brain pan size and attention span of a goldfish so they dont care. They want to see big explosions, hot girls (not that I consider megan fox hot), the dorky everyman kid get the girl and lots of special effects. They like mindless, stupid and safe movies. Good or bad they will fork over big bucks for that shit.

#43 Anexanhume   Charge! CAGiversary!   3048 Posts   Joined 14.2 Years Ago  

Anexanhume

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:29 PM

The general movie going audience for big budget summer hollywood action flicks have the brain pan size and attention span of a goldfish so they dont care. They want to see big explosions, hot girls (not that I consider megan fox hot), the dorky everyman kid get the girl and lots of special effects. They like mindless, stupid and safe movies. Good or bad they will fork over big bucks for that shit.

Hey, I'll go see a movie for explosions as long as the plot doesn't make me want to shit my brains out just to have some sense of linearity.

#44 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:33 PM

Oh look, another movie snobs thread. Yay.

#45 gargus   Banned Banned   2231 Posts   Joined 10.6 Years Ago  

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:53 PM

Oh look, another movie snobs thread. Yay.

Maybe its just me but if I walk into a strange store Id never been in and see over priced fashion clothes and such I wouldnt say to everyone "Oh look, another snobby clothing store" and then walk out. I would just leave and go someplace else.

Then again I dont have a have a big ego and tiny self esteem so I can refrain from making pointless snide comments for absolutely no reason. Because if I dont like something, I just keep right on going.

#46 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

I agree wholeheartedly with this, the Transformers franchise would not be where it is without Megan Fox.

I could still remember it as it was years ago instead of having to acknowledge this shit is part of it.

#47 RedvsBlue  

RedvsBlue

Posted 24 May 2010 - 05:46 AM

Maybe its just me but if I walk into a strange store Id never been in and see over priced fashion clothes and such I wouldnt say to everyone "Oh look, another snobby clothing store" and then walk out. I would just leave and go someplace else.

Then again I dont have a have a big ego and tiny self esteem so I can refrain from making pointless snide comments for absolutely no reason. Because if I dont like something, I just keep right on going.

Haha, right. I see where you're going. I'm the one making the snide comments when I should just "keep right on going"...

oh shit, would you look at that...

#48 CoffeeEdge   Resident Communaut CAGiversary!   8536 Posts   Joined 16.7 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 06:28 AM

This is a thread discussing the fucking Transformers movies, which isn't really analogous to an expensive snobby fashion store. Thus, your analogy sucks and doesn't hold up at all. Unlike the store, there is no reason to expect this thread to be film school reject snobbery bullshit.

As RedvsBlue pointed out, you kind of stuck your foot in your mouth here. "Do as I say, not as I do," eh?

#49 opterasis   Bullhonkery! CAGiversary!   2216 Posts   Joined 14.8 Years Ago  

Posted 24 May 2010 - 01:15 PM

How can you say that with a straight face? I don't know a single person that saw the movies for her, they saw it for fighting robots and explosions. Her horrible presence didn't make anything, only made it worse. But hey, I don't have any teenage virgin friends who absolutely have to see a movie just because an actress in it is hot.
"OMG SHE HAS SHORT SHORTS ON AND IS BENT OVER A MOTORCYCLE, I'VE NEVER SEEN THAT, ESPECIALLY ON THE INTERNET, PLEASE TAKE MY $10!!"

#50 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:06 AM

hmmm
http://transformersl...rumor-mill.html

could this be Carly?

#51 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

Aren't you and others basically doing the same thing by insulting transformers movies and people who like them?

That doesn't seem like keep right on going to me....

Transformers 2 was bad, but still worth seeing on the big screen for the special effects. I wouldn't have seen it if I didn't have friends who wanted to see it as I wasn't big on the first movie. But while I didn't think it was anywhere near a good movie, I didn't come out wanting my $10 and 2.5 hours back as I knew it would be good for nothing but explosions and Megan Fox's T&A. So in that sense it was entertaining enough to shut my brain off for a couple hours and just enjoy those things.

#52 panzerfaust  

panzerfaust

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:12 AM

She's hot but 90% of men, or at least me and my buddies, don't get all excited about a movie because of an attractive actress. My guess is that it was popular because it was Transformers.

men and megan fox do not equal women and Twilight boys.

#53 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

She's hot but 90% of men, or at least me and my buddies, don't get all excited about a movie because of an attractive actress. My guess is that it was popular because it was Transformers.

men and megan fox do not equal women and Twilight boys.

Agreed on that. That success is the nostalgia of Transformers for some, and just being big robots blowing shit up for others.

I don't think many buy the ticket because of Fox. Haven't all her other movies like Jennifer's Body etc. done crappy at the box office? Most people have enough sense to use the internet for ogling hot girls for free vs. spending $10 at the theater.

Edited by dmaul1114, 26 May 2010 - 02:42 AM.

#54 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 12:33 AM

Now I am starting to read this is a misinformation campaign by bay...
All we need to see is a on the set spy report and that's it. Hopefully in a few months we will see such a report that will confirm all of this.

#55 Xevious   Most Damned CAG Evar CAGiversary!   8931 Posts   Joined 16.1 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

Shrek 4 had a huge drop in revenue compared to the previous movies. Maybe the same thing will happen with Transformers 3.

#56 ITDEFX   My foot itches..must be athlete's foot CAGiversary!   17267 Posts   Joined 16.0 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 01:30 AM

Shrek 4 had a huge drop in revenue compared to the previous movies. Maybe the same thing will happen with Transformers 3.

because people's attention span pretty much falls off after the first sequel of a series. No matter how much the first two movies make, the 3rd one is usually the bomb :( unless of course your a harry potter, LOTR freak.

#57 Rodimus   I'm Different CAGiversary!   12839 Posts   Joined 16.5 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 02:41 AM

I could care less which actor is or is not in it. I want more Transformers for cryin' out loud. The human element has always been the worst part of these movies.

#58 JolietJake   Banned Banned   20202 Posts   Joined 12.7 Years Ago  

JolietJake

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:08 AM

About the only thing that would even make me remotely want to see the third one would be if they used Omega Supreme, that might make me at least want to see it once. That's assuming they didn't change everything and make him an aircraft carrier or something.

#59 dmaul1114   Banned Banned   24688 Posts   Joined 15.5 Years Ago  

dmaul1114

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:13 AM

About the only thing that would even make me remotely want to see the third one would be if they used Omega Supreme, that might make me at least want to see it once. That's assuming they didn't change everything and make him an aircraft carrier or something.

It would be just like the first two for me. I'll see them and enjoy the explosions and effects if a friend wants to see it.

Otherwise I won't see it, as these type of movies are things I can enjoy but won't go see (or netflix) on my own).

#60 VipFREAK   Fun Knee! CAGiversary!   9412 Posts   Joined 13.4 Years Ago  

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:15 AM

1st one: GM commercial + LP Music Video feat. Ms. Toe Thumbs

2nd one: GM commercial + LP Music Video feat. Ms. Toe Thumbs

3rd one: I wonder.