2010 World Cup Netherlands vs Spain

I definitely care.

I'll be rooting for France, but I don't think they've got a great chance overall. Nowhere near as good a team as the one that made it to the finals in '06.

I agree that the US has a very decent chance to advance out of their group. I don't think they've got much of a prayer against England, but perhaps they can play them tough.

I definitely care.

Hopefully Jozy Altidore's ankle is fine--sprained it in practice yesterday, x-rays showed a mild sprain. US really needs him ready to go.

Of course I care. Like 98% of the worlds population. I am going to be watching every game.

[quote name='bvharris']I definitely care.

I'll be rooting for France, but I don't think they've got a great chance overall. Nowhere near as good a team as the one that made it to the finals in '06.

I agree that the US has a very decent chance to advance out of their group. I don't think they've got much of a prayer against England, but perhaps they can play them tough.[/QUOTE]

you never know, theyll definitely be the underdogs. but a 2-1 record should be good enough to get out of the group, itll get more complicated with ties, but i think we have a good chance to move on.

[quote name='Soodmeg']Of course I care. Like 98% of the worlds population. I am going to be watching every game.[/QUOTE]

haha awesome

United+States+v+Trinidad+Tobago+rP7_UibGLF1l.jpg

He better show up for the USA... or else I'll be pissed.

Rooting for mexico and they definately improve from '06. These past friendlies,they have played wayyyyy better than the team from '06.

[quote name='ananag112']How did North Korea make it to the World Cup?[/QUOTE]
Damn, that's crazy. Never knew they were even trying.

I hope South Korea does well again. They came out of no where couple years ago running fast as hell.
LMAO at those korean clips. The second one really makes me want to root for em.

Hell yeah I'll be watching. I'll be rooting for USA. They did well today against Australia beating them 3-1, but that back line is seriously worrying me. Especially the centerbacks.

2010 FIFA World Cup - American TV Schedule (Work in progress)

Friday, June 11th:
Group A: South Africa vs. Mexico - 9:30am, ESPN
Group A: Uruguay vs. France - 2pm, ESPN

Saturday, June 12th:
Group B: South Korea vs. Greece - 7am, ESPN
Group B: Argentina vs. Nigeria - 9:30am, ESPN
Group C: England vs. USA - 1:30pm, ABC

Sunday, June 13th:
Group C: Algeria vs. Slovenia - 7am, ESPN
Group D: Ghana vs. Serbia - 9:30am, ESPN
Group D: Australia vs. Germany - 2pm, ABC

Monday, June 14th:
Group E: Denmark vs. Netherlands - 7am, ESPN
Group E: Cameroon vs. Japan - 9:30am, ESPN
Group F: Italy vs. Paraguay - 2pm, ESPN

Tuesday, June 15th:
Group F: New Zealand vs. Slovakia - 7am, ESPN
Group G: Ivory Coast vs. Portugal - 9:30am, ESPN
Group G: Brazil vs. North Korea - 2pm, ESPN

Wednesday, June 16th:
Group H: Chile vs. Honduras - 7am, ESPN
Group H: Spain vs. Switzerland - 9:30am, ESPN
Group A: Uruguay vs. South Africa - 2pm, ESPN

Thursday, June 17th:
Group B: Argentina vs. South Korea - 7am, ESPN
Group B: Greece vs. Nigeria - 9:30am, ESPN
Group A: France vs. Mexico - 2pm, ESPN2

Friday, June 18th:
Group D: Germany vs. Serbia - 7am, ESPN
Group C: Slovenia vs. USA - 9:30am, ESPN
Group C: Algeria vs. England - 2pm, ESPN2

Saturday, June 19th:
Group E: Japan vs. Netherlands - 7am, ESPN
Group D: Australia vs. Ghana - 9:30am, ESPN
Group E: Cameroon vs. Denmark - 2pm, ABC

Sunday, June 20th:
Group F: Paraguay vs. Slovakia - 7am, ESPN
Group F: Italy vs. New Zealand - 9:30am, ESPN
Group G: Brazil vs. Ivory Coast - 2pm, ABC

Monday, June 21st:
Group G: North Korea vs. Portugal - 7am
Group H: Chile vs. Switzerland - 9:30am
Group H: Honduras vs. Spain - 2pm

Tuesday, June 22nd:
Group A: France vs. South Africa - 9:30am
Group A: Mexico vs. Uruguay - 9:30am
Group B: Argentina vs. Greece - 2pm
Group B: Nigeria vs. South Korea - 2pm

Wednesday, June 23rd:
Group C: Algeria vs. USA - 9:30am
Group C: England vs. Slovenia - 9:30am
Group D: Australia vs. Serbia - 2pm
Group D: Germany vs. Ghana - 2pm

Thursday, June 24th:
Group F: Italy vs. Slovakia - 9:30am
Group F: Paraguay vs. New Zealand - 9:30am
Group E: Cameroon vs. Netherlands - 2pm
Group E: Denmark vs. Japan - 2pm

Friday, June 25th:
Group G: Ivory Coast vs. North Korea - 9:30am
Group G: Brazil vs. Portugal - 9:30am
Group H: Honduras vs. Switzerland - 2pm
Group H: Chile vs. Spain - 2pm

Saturday, June 26th:
Round of 16: Group A1 vs. Group B2 - 9:30am
Round of 16: Group C1 vs. Group D2 - 2pm

Sunday, June 27th:
Round of 16: Group D1 vs. Group C2 - 9:30am
Round of 16: Group B1 vs. Group A2 - 2pm

Monday, June 28th:
Round of 16: Group E1 vs. Group F2 - 9:30am
Round of 16: Group G1 vs. Group H2 - 2pm

Tuesday, June 29th:
Round of 16: Group F1 vs. Group E2 - 9:30am
Round of 16: Group H1 vs. Group G2 - 2pm

Friday, July 2nd:
Quarterfinal: Winners of E1/F2 VS. Winners of G1/H2 - 9:30am
Quarterfinal: Winners of A1/B2 VS. Winners of C1/D2 - 2pm

Saturday, July 3rd:
Quarterfinal: Winners of B1/A2 VS. Winners of D1/C2 - 9:30am
Quarterfinal: Winners of F1/E2 VS. Winners of H1/G2 - 2pm

Tuesday, July 6th:
Semifinal: Winners of A1/B2/C1/D2 vs. E1/F2/G1/H2 - 2pm

Wednesday, July 7th:
Semifinal: Winners of B1/A2/D1/C2 vs. F1/E2/H1/G2 - 2pm

Saturday, July 10th:
3rd-Place Play-Off: Losers of A1/B2/C1/D2/E1/F2/G1/H2 vs. Losers of B1/A2/D1/C2/F1/E2/H1/G2 - 2pm

Sunday, July 11th:
FINAL: Winners of A1/B2/C1/D2/E1/F2/G1/H2 vs. Winners of B1/A2/D1/C2/F1/E2/H1/G2 - 2pm

*NOTE: Games will air on ABC, ESPN, or ESPN2. Check local listings.*

TVGuide only lists until June 20th, so that's why it's a work in progress.

I'll probably miss the USA-England game as I'm in Stockholm from the 11-17th for a conference. Land there some time on the 12th, but will probably be to tired from the flight to watch the game.

yo mister modest, thanks for your post with all the info!
Rooting for the south koreans but I can't wait to see the north play. They are probably doing some commie torture training. Win a game and get a sack of rice to feed your family type of incentives.

[quote name='dmaul1114']I'll probably miss the USA-England game as I'm in Stockholm from the 11-17th for a conference. Land there some time on the 12th, but will probably be to tired from the flight to watch the game.[/QUOTE]You should try and watch it on ESPN3.com, if you have access to it that is. It all depends on your ISP at the time.

Here is a commercial to get you guys a bit more excited.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yc8LIjoGDQ

World Cup starts in 30 min!

If you are on the go and wantt catch up with your blackberry there is a app called Goal Mobile that you get real time updates and such. I am unsure if you can stream the game though.

hmph, im supposed to have access to espn 3 via comcast, but i cant log in. guess i wont be watching any matches at work today.

Good first half by Mexico. They should be up 1-0 at least. South Africa played strong in the middle of the half and had a few great assaults on goal there at the end. I'm pretty sure Mexico is about to come out and put 1 in within the first few minutes of the second half.

I'm not sure which was better, Tshabalala's goal or Khune's save a few minutes later. I'm rooting for South Africa (I always cheer host teams after the US), so I'm glad they proved me wrong. Great stuff here.

[quote name='Kendro']Just an FYI for those at work. Univision is streaming in case anyone is having trouble due to website blocking.[/QUOTE] Yup, go to Univision.com to watch it streaming live. It's in Spanish, but at least you can watch the games.

God, Mexico played terrible today. They had possession of the ball for most of the game, and had like half a dozen opportunities to make a fricken' goal. They were lucky they even managed a tie game... On the other hand, South Africa played an excellent game, at least they were organized and playing like a team, unlike Mexico... >_>

[quote name='jscrub3']I'm rooting for Argentina...

Mexico was robbed of that goal in the 1st half though.[/QUOTE]

How???? he offsides by a freaking mile.

Im rooting for the US but since i am really Pro Premier league and my team is Liverpool....it will hard to root against Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

Interesting match today between Urugauy and France. France chose Diaby over Malouda...and no Henry. Uru has Diego Forlan who can dominate a game by himself. Interesting match.

Im also going to miss US/England due to me being in philly for a convention.

[quote name='integralsmatic']How???? he offsides by a freaking mile.

Im rooting for the US but since i am really Pro Premier league and my team is Liverpool....it will hard to root against Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

Interesting match today between Urugauy and France. France chose Diaby over Malouda...and no Henry. Uru has Diego Forlan who can dominate a game by himself. Interesting match.

Im also going to miss US/England due to me being in philly for a convention.[/QUOTE]

I thought he wasn't b/c of the defender chillin at the goalpost. :???:
It was a good game regardless.

I'm in philly too btw. welcome :D

[quote name='jscrub3']I thought he wasn't b/c of the defender chillin at the goalpost. :???:

I'm in philly too btw. welcome :D[/QUOTE]

Nvm i understand the rule now.

[quote name='fatmanforlife99']USA all the damn way, south africa impressed me.

Espn3.com show the feed they show on tv.[/QUOTE]
cool, thanx!

[quote name='jscrub3']I thought he wasn't b/c of the defender chillin at the goalpost. :???:

I'm in philly too btw. welcome :D[/QUOTE]

Taking a closer look at it, The goalie Khune pulled an offsides trap. He jumped behind the forward of mexico which called the offsides.

Thanks! Ill be there in the AM lol.

I really do try to get interested in the World Cup. I watched the games in 2006 when I raided with a lot of Europeans in WoW and it was kind of interesting, but fuck is soccer boring. I can't see what the whole appeal is, but then again, I get bored watching pretty much all sports on TV. Fun to play, not to watch people.

I watched a little of both games today... what a roller coaster ride. One game ends 1-1 and the other 0-0. I was on the edge of my seat for most of that 0-0 match. Those French know how to kick a ball!

It looks like the Greeks are in trouble. 2-0 South Korea both from bad plays by Greek defenders.

I look forward to the World Cup every four years, I like the competition between nations. I like the constant noise from the crowds.

USA! USA! Revenge today against England. It's going to be a payback for all the oil spilled into the Gulf.#-o :rofl:

Really sad effort by Nigeria. They had a LOT of wasted opportunities on the few times they were down on Argentina's end. For Argentina, Messi should have scored about 8 times.

2-0 England (my prediction)

Argentina either looked really strong, or Nigeria was pathetically weak. I'm guessing the latter one because the Argentine defense wasn't really tested.

I really enjoyed watching South Korea kick Greece's ass. Its unbelieveable to think that only 6 years ago Greece won the Euro cup.

[quote name='panzerfaust']any good sites to watch eng vs usa on stream? i might get called into work soon and they block a lot of sites :cry:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just turn off your phone.
Gosh I'm so pumped about this game! I just have basic cable, so this is the first match I get to watch this year since they've been on ESPN.

bread's done
Back