The OTT was a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I gave exactly 0.0001% effort in this.

If the rest of the clan wants a more clever OTT then let me know or just close this and start a different one.

[quote name='flowery']NBA 2k11 needs to come out immediately.[/QUOTE]

I just hope that with all the Jordan focus they don't forget to refine the overall gameplay. Reasonable rebounding would be nice, for example.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Though I like the Ravens now, I boo their entire existence.[/QUOTE]

Now that I think about it, aren't they actually the Cleveland Browns? :lol:

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Nudity in a demo? I've never seen that before...

Mafia II is so :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:[/QUOTE]

The demo pretty much sold me on the game. The scattered Playboys are just icing.

So in a state of not knowing what in the fuck to do, with my heart and head going about 90 miles a minute last night at like 4:30 in the morning, I called the suicide prevention hotline.

Never in my life did I imagine I would be doing that.

I am in so over my head and I don't know what to do.

Note: It was for the well-being of my friend, not myself.

Like I am in this fucking ridiculous state of not knowing what to do and I constantly feel ill because this situation is so unreal. I've lost 20 pounds in 3 weeks, probably because I am lucky if I eat one meal a day. Granted, I am overweight (was 230, now 210) so it's not like I'm becoming skin and bones here, but that still probably isn't healthy.

Edit: This is way too dramatic so to balance it out I will also say that I went and got my new tattoo touched up today. It hurt so fucking bad. Like, getting tattooed isn't pleasurable but I don't think it's a terribly difficult experience. But damn, getting tattooed where you've already been tattooed, that shit was really fucking painful, for me at least. Bled like a mother fucker, too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning, OTT.

I am actually looking forward to the Eagles this season, more so than in the past. It will be interesting to see if Kolb develops as the heir apparent. And the team is really young. It's either going to be exciting, or 6-10 and downhill fast.

I am also a Steelers fan, so that should be interesting to see as well...how they handle the first 4-6 games without Ben...I hear Leftwich isn't doing all that well.

___

Hang in there Rocko...these things tend to work themselves out with time. With age comes experience, so you'll have to trust me on this.

[quote name='Number83']Morning, OTT.

I am actually looking forward to the Eagles this season, more so than in the past. It will be interesting to see if Kolb develops as the heir apparent. And the team is really young. It's either going to be exciting, or 6-10 and downhill fast.

I am also a Steelers fan, so that should be interesting to see as well...how they handle the first 4-6 games without Ben...I hear Leftwich isn't doing all that well.
[/QUOTE]

I think Leftwich should work himself out, unless he took too many hits in TB in his limited playtime and it amplified his brain damage. I like his potential for helping the Steelers win, as he did when Big Ben was out during the last Superbowl run, but I hate his ass for thinking he was good enough to start somewhere instead of continuing in the role he now finds himself returning to.

I think Kolb should be alright, but people seem to be split down the middle on whether or not he'll be any good. I think the biggest hit the offense took was the loss of Westbrook -- if their offseason moves to shore up the run game work and they're able to get McCoy to somewhat fill the Westbrook role, the Eagles finally have some pretty good WR, so Kolb can be great if the line holds up.

--

Rocko, that totally sucks dude. I don't know that there's anything I can do to help, but if for some reason, you think I can, please PM me. I hope it gets better for you soon.

--

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Modell#Browns_franchise_deactivated.2C_to_resume_in_.2799[/QUOTE]

Leaving behind a name/team colors/franchise records doesn't mean that it's not the same team. Same owner. Same players. Same staff. So from my POV, the Ravens are indeed the Browns, and what they're called is of no-consequence. However, since the Ravens somehow managed to win a Superbowl in 2000, I bet Cleveland fans wish Modell never "deactivated" and left.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I think Leftwich should work himself out, unless he took too many hits in TB in his limited playtime and it amplified his brain damage. I like his potential for helping the Steelers win, as he did when Big Ben was out during the last Superbowl run, but I hate his ass for thinking he was good enough to start somewhere instead of continuing in the role he now finds himself returning to.

I think Kolb should be alright, but people seem to be split down the middle on whether or not he'll be any good. I think the biggest hit the offense took was the loss of Westbrook -- if their offseason moves to shore up the run game work and they're able to get McCoy to somewhat fill the Westbrook role, the Eagles finally have some pretty good WR, so Kolb can be great if the line holds up.

--

Rocko, that totally sucks dude. I don't know that there's anything I can do to help, but if for some reason, you think I can, please PM me. I hope it gets better for you soon.[/QUOTE]

What I like about Kolb is that "they" say he is much more accurate with the short passes that McNabb used to throw at peoples feet. However, when he has defenders in his face, he can be erratic. So it's exactly as you say. "If the line holds up."

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey, has anyone tried out the new plyometric type training sneakers? Stuff like kswiss tubes or reebok runtone or zig lines?[/QUOTE]

Not me...I just run up and down the hill in my backyard 30 times a day. They look fugly.

[quote name='Number83']Not me...I just run up and down the hill in my backyard 30 times a day. They look fugly.[/QUOTE]

I don't care what they look like -- if they feel alright and employ science to make my somewhat daily 1-3 mile run more effective, I'd be very interested. I'm just wondering if they actually work well and how they feel.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']I don't care what they look like -- if they feel alright and employ science to make my somewhat daily 1-3 mile run more effective, I'd be very interested. I'm just wondering if they actually work well and how they feel.[/QUOTE]

They look good on her:

plyometrics-women-jump.jpg

He means these shoes.

blackshoe.jpg

I would personally avoid using shoes like that. They mess with your mechanics. Increase your risk of planar fascitiis and runners knee.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He means these shoes.

blackshoe.jpg

I would personally avoid using shoes like that. They mess with your mechanics. Increase your risk of planar fascitiis and runners knee.[/QUOTE]

frosty does not mean those shoes.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Hey, has anyone tried out the new plyometric type training sneakers? Stuff like kswiss tubes or reebok runtone or zig lines?[/QUOTE]

Kenny fucking Powers endorses them. That should be enough.

The first time they end up going on sale I probably am going to grab a pair of them. If endless and bing still had that awesome deal going I would have already snagged two pairs of them.

Why does securing halfway decent seats to an already exorbitantly priced concert have to be such a clusterfuck?

EDIT: Wait, st0neface is seeing Interpol in less than a week? When did this happen?

I would never, ever, ever use shoes like that. There's a whole new gimmick line of shoes out now. Like those new (i think they're from sketchers) shoes that are supposed to work your legs more while walking. And those shoes are supposed to exercise your calf more and shit like that.

But the principle I said earlier is the same. They basically fuck with your natural gait. Like, if you want to improve leg strength, you don't need fancy shoes. There are basic running exercises. Lunges, skipping, high jumps, crossovers, and I haven't even talked about weight training for the lower body.

The difference between doing those and the shoes is that you do those exercises in sets over the course of a few minutes. With the new shoes, people put them on and they wear them for hours. Then they go back to regular shoes. Or they wear them all the time. But it messes with the way you take a natural step. In the long run it'll increase your risk of injury. And it'll be small shit. Your knees will get an ache in the front. You'll get an ache in the back of the heel. And you won't think much of it. But it'll eventually lead to either a plantar tear or reduce blood flow to the patellar tendon. Which'll cause tendonitis and eventually joint damage.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']He means these shoes.

blackshoe.jpg

I would personally avoid using shoes like that. They mess with your mechanics. Increase your risk of planar fascitiis and runners knee.[/QUOTE]

Didn't George use those on Seinfeld?

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']Did you have to pay Blizzard ten bucks to use that picture in your avatar?[/QUOTE]

Nope...Direct link to mmo-champion.com. It's bad enough I pay $30 every two months. They dont need any more of my money. Personally, I dont get paying real money for in game pets, mounts, class changes, etc.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ackbar, how do you get good at MNC? What class(es) are you using?[/QUOTE]

My fave is support. Thought I had a bad night last night with the gang.

I prefer either to attack ror defend. So you either see me as gunner, assualt, or support.

It seems for assault the two most important skills are the grenade skill (blue) and the dash skill (red). One grenade at level 2 can kill pretty much any character. And then the dash, even if it doesn't kill them, when upgraded has a good chance to knock them off the map. Then you focus on turrents and bots with the grenade launcher. Characters with the machine gun.

My favorite is support. I always start with one point in hack and one point in aerial bombardment. Aerial Bombardment is an insta kill on any class with only one disadvantage. It doesn't work for people under cover. But otherwise it's awesome. You can launch two artilary strikes in a row and usually one is all that's needed to kill a turrent unless it's level 3. You can attach it to players, and bots, great for Jackbots. And while it can't hit players under cover, if they're up high on a bridge bridge, you throw the bombardment under the bridge. Then they don't see the bombardment marker. And the artilary lands on their head as a suprise. I always max that first.

Secondly, Hack is really important for racking up kills. When you hack a turrent, not only does it shoot faster and farther, you get credit for assists and kills from the turrent. A lot of engineers hack their portable turrent first. But what you want to do is, as soon as you get 75 dollars, you want to build a longshot in a safe area. Then hack that. Then build it up to level 3 as soon as you can. A level 3 longshot with full hacks can drop multiple bombs on an enemy nearly clear across the map. And you'll often get a lot of kills and assists from that.

Then I try to place my turrent on a high point overlooking the arena at a major choke point.

There are other little tricks too.

For example, the bot releases are in intervals. It costs $100 to release a wave of bots. But with the exception of jackbots, you can spend money to double the wave. That can be a help in pushing the opposing players back. But when you see a wave of either artilery(the slow four legged crawlers) or Gorilla Bots (Who actively target players and are fast durable and strong) you definately want to spend a hundred bucks for the extra bots if you have the money. Because you'll be doubling and sometimes you can triple the number of those bots and they're extra powerful.

Bonus: One more thing. The most imprtant rule for team tactics is to dominate the high ground. It's military 101, and applies to pretty much every shooter, but it's amazing how few people follow that strategy when attacking. Let defenders defend down low and attackers should press up high. Nearly every game game I've lost is because my team attacks from below while the other team is attacking from above. Always utilize jumpads and high ground. And next tiem you're on a losing match and getting owned, look up. It's probably because you're always seeing the other team on a ledge shooting down on your bots or your turrents.

Double bonus: I actually think the best weapon for the gunner is the mortar. I upgrade the red first because that increases the damage and spread of your mortar rounds. A few shots of mortar will take down a level three turrent, a few bots, and even jackbots. When playing Gunner I go up high, try to make my way to the opposing base, and try to focus mortar on turrents. That'll force them to spend money rebuilding their turrents when they could be doing other things. It takes a little bit to get the aim right though because if there's even a little bit of a lip on the ledge the mortar might bounce funny. But for players you'll want to use the chaingun. It also does more damage as it starts to spin up. But like the heavy in tf2, you can alt fire to keeping it spinning in exchange for slow walking.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']My fave is support. Thought I had a bad night last night with the gang.

I prefer either to attack ror defend. So you either see me as gunner, assualt, or support.

It seems for assualt the two most important skills are the grenade skill (blue) and the dash skill (red). One grenade at level 2 can kill pretty much any character. And then the dash, even if it doesn't kill them, when upgraded has a good chance to knock them off the map. Then you focus on turrents and bots with the grenade launcher. Characters with the machine gun.

My favorite is support. I always start with one point in hack and one point in aerial bombardment. Aerial Bombardment is an insta kill on any class with only one disadvantage. It doesn't work for people under cover. But otherwise it's awesome. You can launch two artilary strikes in a row and usually one is all that's needed to kill a turrent unless it's level 3. You can attach it to players, and bots, great for Jackbots. And while it can't hit players under cover, if they're up high on a bridge bridge, you throw the bombardment under the bridge. Then they don't see the bombardment marker. And the artilary lands on their head as a suprise. I always max that first.

Secondly, Hack is really important for racking up kills. When you hack a turrent, not only does it shoot faster and farther, you get credit for assists and kills from the turrent. A lot of engineers hack their portable turrent first. But what you want to do is, as soon as you get 75 dollars, you want to build a longshot in a safe area. Then hack that. Then build it up to level 3 as soon as you can. A level 3 longshot with full hacks can drop multiple bombs on an enemy nearly clear across the map. And you'll often get a lot of kills and assists from that.

Then I try to place my turrent on a high point overlooking the arena at a major choke point.

There are other little tricks too.

For example, the bot releases are in intervals. It costs $100 to release a wave of bots. But with the exception of jackbots, you can spend money to double the wave. That can be a help in pushing the opposing players back. But when you see a wave of either artilery(the slow four legged crawlers) or Gorilla Bots (Who actively target players and are fast durable and strong) you definately want to spend a hundred bucks for the extra bots if you have the money. Because you'll be doubling and sometimes you can triple the number of those bots and they're extra powerful.[/QUOTE]

Awesome, those are some great tips. I didn't know you could buy waves of bots though...how/where do you do that?

---------

Its creppy how I have a fanbase of people I never even heard of (see sig on link):

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7509266&postcount=1444

Playstation Magazine has confirmed the name of seven additional characters for the cast of Mortal Kombat 9. Cyrax, Kano, Sonya, Jax, Smoke, Kitana and Liu Kang will be joining the rest of the crew in the what will be the most violent Mortal Kombat ever released. A playable demo will be available to the public for the first time at the PAX Expo on September 3, 2010.

Nice.

There's a little stepping pad next to where the bots come out. Look for it. It's usually at the end of the ramp and has the picture fo a bot on it in green. Cost $100 for an additional wave of bots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back