The OTT was a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']There's a little stepping pad next to where the bots come out. Look for it. It's usually at the end of the ramp and has the picture fo a bot on it in green. Cost $100 for an additional wave of bots.[/QUOTE]

Neato! Thanks for the tips Ackbar, I didn't realized you joined my match until I saw you racking up a ton of kills.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Needs moar title cardz.[/QUOTE]From a buddy of mine on Williams Street about four years ago. I don't know if it ever aired. But it made me laugh when he emailed it to me. =)

card.jpg

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']I would never, ever, ever use shoes like that. There's a whole new gimmick line of shoes out now. Like those new (i think they're from sketchers) shoes that are supposed to work your legs more while walking. And those shoes are supposed to exercise your calf more and shit like that. [/QUOTE]I've been looking at those, but I haven't gone for my walks all year. I need to first just get back into daily exercising. But what gave me a chuckle was seeing some 400+ lb woman and her 300+ lb daughter buying two double doozies each at a Great American Cookie in the Kennesaw Mall a few weeks ago wearing them. Seriously, either eat the double doozies or start some serious exercising. Wearing those tone ups while eating teh junk fud won't make a lick of difference.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Leaving behind a name/team colors/franchise records doesn't mean that it's not the same team. Same owner. Same players. Same staff. So from my POV, the Ravens are indeed the Browns, and what they're called is of no-consequence. However, since the Ravens somehow managed to win a Superbowl in 2000, I bet Cleveland fans wish Modell never "deactivated" and left.[/QUOTE]
Without the name and the history, you've got no rights to be the continuation of the Browns, just a bunch of former Browns players. The Ravens are the continuation of the Baltimore Colts in their history and the Browns continued as the Browns when they came back. The staff had some returning people, but a new head coach from outside of the original group pretty much means that they were a new staff. Modell was just a hypocritical asshole that tried to take football away from Cleveland that was never allowed back in Cleveland, even when his old friends/players passed away.

Nobody in Cleveland thinks Baltimore took a Super Bowl from them unless they're idiot fans, as the team they had in 2000 was largely composed of completely new talent they signed or drafted after the move. Matt Stover was probably one of the only people still there that came over from the relocation.

[quote name='DT778']Last night's hot link to bun ratio was ridiculous.

[/QUOTE]

Can you make it a litter darker? I can still tell it's bread.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Without the name and the history, you've got no rights to be the continuation of the Browns, just a bunch of former Browns players. The Ravens are the continuation of the Baltimore Colts in their history and the Browns continued as the Browns when they came back. The staff had some returning people, but a new head coach from outside of the original group pretty much means that they were a new staff. Modell was just a hypocritical asshole that tried to take football away from Cleveland that was never allowed back in Cleveland, even when his old friends/players passed away.

Nobody in Cleveland thinks Baltimore took a Super Bowl from them unless they're idiot fans, as the team they had in 2000 was largely composed of completely new talent they signed or drafted after the move. Matt Stover was probably one of the only people still there that came over from the relocation.[/QUOTE]

NFL history is screwy. Baltimore to Indianapolis Colts are a different history. When, honestly, it should be the same and having the Ravens as a separate entity. I can understand the Browns, somewhat. The team not existing for all those seasons was probably a good thing. But the Brown's fans are a loyal bunch. I bet some of them stuck with the Ravens until the "expansion" Browns came into town.

[quote name='craven_fiend']NFL history is screwy. Baltimore to Indianapolis Colts are a different history. When, honestly, it should be the same and having the Ravens as a separate entity. I can understand the Browns, somewhat. The team not existing for all those seasons was probably a good thing. But the Brown's fans are a loyal bunch. I bet some of them stuck with the Ravens until the "expansion" Browns came into town.[/QUOTE]
Sure, though I think the Colts thing is keeping the Baltimore sports legacy since a number of Colts players disowned the team after the move and declared the Ravens the true successor to the Baltimore Colts, which is how that history is defined.

I would doubt that that Cleveland fans followed Baltimore for any reason other than to see them lose in spite. I'd guess that they were just watching the games without a horse to bet on while they waited for the stadium to be finished so the team could come back.

[quote name='craven_fiend']NFL history is screwy. Baltimore to Indianapolis Colts are a different history. When, honestly, it should be the same and having the Ravens as a separate entity. I can understand the Browns, somewhat. The team not existing for all those seasons was probably a good thing. But the Brown's fans are a loyal bunch. I bet some of them stuck with the Ravens until the "expansion" Browns came into town.[/QUOTE]

Just as the Colts were still the Colts, renaming a team to something else doesn't make it a different team if you have the same owner/management/personnel. If Daniel Snyder renamed the Redskins because of that whole political fiasco, they'd still essentially be the Redskins. The Indy Colts are the Baltimore Colts, the Ravens are the old Browns and now there's a *new* Browns in Cleveland. And unfortunately, Cleveland is still learning, the Browns suck -- it's just a matter of fact. :)

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just as the Colts were still the Colts, renaming a team to something else doesn't make it a different team if you have the same owner/management/personnel. If Daniel Snyder renamed the Redskins because of that whole political fiasco, they'd still essentially be the Redskins. The Indy Colts are the Baltimore Colts, the Ravens are the old Browns and now there's a *new* Browns in Cleveland. And unfortunately, Cleveland is still learning, the Browns suck -- it's just a matter of fact. :)[/QUOTE]

It's just ludicrous. That's what gets me with NFL history. How would the history chance in LA if they got a new team? Would they run with the Rams history or with the Raiders? As for the Browns, they only way they're good is when they leave Cleveland and change names. ;) Too bad the Buccaneers suck right now too.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Just as the Colts were still the Colts, renaming a team to something else doesn't make it a different team if you have the same owner/management/personnel. If Daniel Snyder renamed the Redskins because of that whole political fiasco, they'd still essentially be the Redskins. The Indy Colts are the Baltimore Colts, the Ravens are the old Browns and now there's a *new* Browns in Cleveland. And unfortunately, Cleveland is still learning, the Browns suck -- it's just a matter of fact. :)[/QUOTE]
You can continue to ignore the facts, but the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns with their entire history to back them up as fact. The Ravens were an expansion team with a clean slate after the move, which is why they took on the Baltimore football legacy that includes the Colts. These are the facts.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can continue to ignore the facts, but the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns with their entire history to back them up as fact. The Ravens were an expansion team with a clean slate after the move, which is why they took on the Baltimore football legacy that includes the Colts. These are the facts.[/QUOTE]

NFL History is crazy:

http://www.nflteamhistory.com/nfl_franchise_history.html

[quote name='craven_fiend']The Texans are the Oilers.[/QUOTE]
No, the Titans are the Oilers and they took the history of that franchise. The Texans were an expansion team that started from scratch.

If it were that simple, the Rams would be the Ravens.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this stuff is done on a case-by-case basis.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']No, the Titans are the Oilers and they took the history of that franchise. The Texans were an expansion team that started from scratch.

If it were that simple, the Rams would be the Ravens.

If you haven't figured it out yet, this stuff is done on a case-by-case basis.[/QUOTE]

I've since changed my post. But it's all batshit crazy. I think the history should stick with every team or the city, not case by case. But that won't change one bit.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']You can continue to ignore the facts, but the Cleveland Browns are the Cleveland Browns with their entire history to back them up as fact. The Ravens were an expansion team with a clean slate after the move, which is why they took on the Baltimore football legacy that includes the Colts. These are the facts.[/QUOTE]

hmmm... walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... nah, it's a cat.

just because you move EVERYTHING to a new city and call it something else, it's not something else.

where you're looking at it differently is you're seeing a team as a thing... i'm seeing a team as the players, owners, and management. i don't care about the history of the team 20 years before current day. big fucking deal. but if you move team a to another city with 99% of everything in tact, its still team a, even if you call it team b.

[quote name='craven_fiend']It's just ludicrous. That's what gets me with NFL history. How would the history chance in LA if they got a new team? Would they run with the Rams history or with the Raiders? As for the Browns, they only way they're good is when they leave Cleveland and change names. ;) Too bad the Buccaneers suck right now too.[/QUOTE]If it's a team that isn't the rams or raiders then they will either bring over their old history (like the oilers) or start with a clean slate (like NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder). I'm hoping the Rams return to L.A. And then once they do that they step it up so it would bring about the old NFC West Niners-Rams rivalry because right now the West is fucking boring. I hate not really having hate for the Niners division rivals. The Cardinals and the Seahawks don't do it for me and the Rams suck so much isn't not even worth thinking about them right now.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']hmmm... walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, looks like a duck... nah, it's a cat.

just because you move EVERYTHING to a new city and call it something else, it's not something else.

where you're looking at it differently is you're seeing a team as a thing... i'm seeing a team as the players, owners, and management. i don't care about the history of the team 20 years before current day. big fucking deal. but if you move team a to another city with 99% of everything in tact, its still team a, even if you call it team b.[/QUOTE]
The problem is that you're looking at it like there's actually something to discuss when you're just disputing the facts of the history of a 15 year old dispute that was the first of its kind, so of course not everything that happens after it has the same result.

It wasn't 99% intact. A new head coach and a number of new assistance coaches plus free agency and the draft changed that team quite a bit in just their first year of existence.

[quote name='Temporaryscars']Nobody even acknowledged the fact that I had an ice cream sammich. :([/QUOTE]

High Five on the ice cream sandwich, bro!!

[quote name='DT778']If it's a team that isn't the rams or raiders then they will either bring over their old history (like the oilers) or start with a clean slate (like NBA's Oklahoma City Thunder). I'm hoping the Rams return to L.A. And then once they do that they step it up so it would bring about the old NFC West Niners-Rams rivalry because right now the West is fucking boring. I hate not really having hate for the Niners division rivals. The Cardinals and the Seahawks don't do it for me and the Rams suck so much isn't not even worth thinking about them right now.[/QUOTE]

Well the Thunder were in a new area with a new name, but weren't they basically the SuperSonics management moved to Oklahoma?

Not to argue, because I was a big fan of THE SEATTLE SUPERSONICS!!!!

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']The problem is that you're looking at it like there's actually something to discuss when you're just disputing the facts of the history of a 15 year old dispute that was the first of its kind, so of course not everything that happens after it has the same result.

It wasn't 99% intact. A new head coach and a number of new assistance coaches plus free agency and the draft changed that team quite a bit in just their first year of existence.[/QUOTE]

Reading up on the Browns' 95 season, it basically ended in a riot. Belichick resigned, so they needed a new coaching staff. I'm sure a lot of players who were eligible for FA decided to get the fuck out of dodge, so to speak (because, after all, moving the team to a new city and giving them a new coach wasn't going to change the 1996 season very much... and it shows too. 5-11 to 4-12.).

That said, they had the same owner, and looking at the starters, they returned 58.5% of the 53-man roster. So yeah, not 99% intact, but a LARGE majority of the team, including over 70% of the offense and defensive starters. So as far as I'm concerned, the 1996 Baltimore Ravens were still the Cleveland Browns -- they just relocated.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well the Thunder were in a new area with a new name, but weren't they basically the SuperSonics management moved to Oklahoma?

Not to argue, because I was a big fan of THE SEATTLE SUPERSONICS!!!![/QUOTE]

Exactly.

As soon as I saw Brak's comment, I knew that picture was gonna make it's way here.

:rofl:

EDIT: Actually no... no cowboy hats were involved in this trip.

budge's lmao-face.
[quote name='st0neface']That black guy is supposed to be wearing a cowboy hat![/QUOTE]
Ahahahaha.

[quote name='Eviltude']Well the Thunder were in a new area with a new name, but weren't they basically the SuperSonics management moved to Oklahoma?

Not to argue, because I was a big fan of THE SEATTLE SUPERSONICS!!!![/QUOTE]I'm not talking about personnel, I'm talking about what the official history the team will say is theirs. OKC doesn't acknowledge being the Super Sonics. They are a "brand new" team.

There's a new Resident Evil shit bomb coming to theatres -- IN 3-D!?

:rofl:

Kiss the tip of my penis, Hollywood.

[quote name='Mojimbo']Why does securing halfway decent seats to an already exorbitantly priced concert have to be such a clusterfuck?
[/QUOTE]
The other day I was trying to get presale tickets to Sufjan Stevens, and it took over three hours to get through.

The best part of the Mafia 2 demo is driving down to the pier and pushing people that are fishing off of the docks to their death. It's one of the few ways you can kill people without getting the attention of the cops.

You know you're at the end of a Halo game when you have a shitty driving mission that is supposed to be epic but is just frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back