NBA 2K11 - General Discussion & Info

seen

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
2k is back with the best NBA game available October 5!

NBA_2K11_box_art.JPG

[quote name='2k Sports']
NBA 2K11 is the latest installment in the best selling, and highest rated NBA videogame series. NBA 2K11 is the best way to plug into NBA culture. It’s the most fun, authentic NBA videogame experience and is for any sports fan with that competitive fire who wants to play the best NBA simulation on the market. It’s the NBA series that everyone is playing – from the most elite NBA athletes and superstars to the local court gym rats. NBA 2K10 delivered on its promise to TAKE OVER, and NBA 2K11 will on build on that momentum by dialing up all of its features – gameplay, AI, presentation, visuals, audio, online and more – to deliver the best basketball videogame experience EVER.[/quote]

This year they have Michael Jordan as the cover athlete! They have even created a Jordan mode and it appears you can play as old-school teams from his era as well!

IGN gives NBA 2K11 a review of 9.5/10!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2cq9vVOKYM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBYtAVaRvyM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsU-8gK3X7g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k2EpdcTKVE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHblY7Sx5P0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7a0kXMeKruc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjxEHFXRE74

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OWmcqwu4niU

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't wait for demos. After the atrocious online in 2k10 last year I want to compare the two demos. Elite could give this game a run for it's money, if not this year then in the next few. I do like how they are finally putting old school teams back in the game, be it only Bulls rosters and the teams they played each year for the title.

Well, lets all be honest and say they better have the online leagues working this year. Last year was a headache for everyone who tried to participate; having to manually record stats, games not properly recording, etc.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Damn you, Michael Jordan. You could very well once again be the reason I want to play a basketball game.[/QUOTE]

He and the classic teams are the main reason I want it. The article in Game Informer said you could take the classic teams into franchise mode, which is a huge plus for me.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']He and the classic teams are the main reason I want it. The article in Game Informer said you could take the classic teams into franchise mode, which is a huge plus for me.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the thought of taking the 95-96 Bulls team and stomping this year's Heat team is mouth watering.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Yeah, the thought of taking the 95-96 Bulls team and stomping this year's Heat team is mouth watering.[/QUOTE]

or stomping the 95-96 Bulls with this year's Heat :drool:

Either way.. Can't wait for this game!!!

I usually get the 2k basketball about every 2 years so 2k11 is right on my time line. I do love being able to download rosters too. They have an Olympic one that has like 5-6 diff teams and then they have a best-of each team too. Nothing like having Magic alley oop to Kobe.

As a longtime Bulls fan, I am super excited for this. Not to mention, I can actually win games while playing as the Bulls!

Been reluctant to jump on sports game at launch especially after scoring 2k10 last year on bf for $25.00

This year i could not resist though.. have it preordered... hopefully amazon adds a gc (atleast a $10 to match walmart)

I loved 2k9, but when i got 2k10, I was very dissapointed. Loads of glitches and horrible online crew play that is STILL not fixed.

[quote name='matto1233']As a longtime Bulls fan, I am super excited for this. Not to mention, I can actually win games while playing as the Bulls![/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah... same here. Though the Bulls are looking pretty good this year and I think they'll hit that 50 win mark that they haven't reached in over a decade.

I never did get 2K10. That was the first year I didn't buy an NBA game since 2003, and I've been a 2K loyalist since the first one on the Dreamcast. I need to pick that one up for completionist purposes, and because Kobe Bryant is my favorite active player (2nd all time, behind Jordan and ahead of Rodman).

Day one purchase for me. The actual game was good, but everything else was buggy and the online play was inexcusable. That being said, If online is fixed and we can play an online league this year, I got the Bad Boy Pistons. I wish there was a way to incorporate the style of play of the different eras into the game. I would love to clobber LeBron with Lambeer or Mahorn when he drives to the hole.

[quote name='guyver2077']Been reluctant to jump on sports game at launch especially after scoring 2k10 last year on bf for $25.00

This year i could not resist though.. have it preordered... hopefully amazon adds a gc (atleast a $10 to match walmart)[/QUOTE]

I feel the same way... I want to get this day 1, but I'm gonna try to wait. I also was able to snag 2k10 for $25 at walmart last year... I'm thinking if I dont see a sale on it for black friday, it'll probably be on sale shortly after that anyways..

I skipped last years version (although played a years worth against a friend of mine and his copy) and I was sure I would give Elite a buy this year. As much as I love 2k (played it since 2k1) it was beginning to get stale for me, even though it was far far ahead of live and always has been.

But! After reading and watching the videos, im going with 2k again. Dual stick controls certainly peaks my interest and I'll play around with it but seeing Patrick Ewing and the knicks in that trailer sold me. I usually just stick to seasons agains the A.I and playing my friend competitively on the couch, but I might dabble into the Jordan centered modes and the rookie thing. Sounds like fun!

As many have said the online better be running smooth. Can't wait though. I'm playing in a 2k10 league now and its working fine... just wish they would've had it ready at launch.

Haven't seen anything for Elite yet but lets hope its better than the Live games.

im really excited for this game. the first thing im doing is the Jordan challenge! jordan is the reason i even started watching the nba in the first place and the 90's was my fav. era. so far the jordan stuff is looking amazing. i really hope they fix the "my player" mode especially now you can play as jordan in that mode. last year it was kind of busted. i also hope the jordan shoes you unlock that have unique abilities dont come across as cheesy. but man its going to be so much fun playing in the old bulls arena against the knicks/celtics/lakers etc. obviously the online needs some help as well, it was amazing if you were actually able to do anything other thank a quick match...forget team play.

lol @ the cover

This game better be amazing, I'm sure they'll sell a lot more games than NBA Elite 11 or whatever its called.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']I would pay $100 for this if the Jordan mode had this song in the games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AQ3IAriL0k[/QUOTE]

:lol: greatest sports song of ALL TIME! Man this brings me back to when the playoffs were the most frenzied and intense ever. This song still pumps me up, I keep thinking of the New York Knicks, and reggie miller LOL.

Its not much of a demo. Hard to even get a feel for the game with one five min qrt and only playing as the lakers.

I like what I see but just no way to really tell.

But who cares? Its NBA 2k11 the best basketball franchise for the last couple years. I am sure they will be legit anyway. Oct 5 cant come soon enough.

I know NBA 2k's demo has always been a barebones build, but I was hoping that it would change after Madden came out with a 5 minute, four quarter game.

I'm still really looking forward to the game though. Any chance we can get a league going? Preferably with a fantasy draft, but I'll settle for anything if its as active as the CAG Madden franchise.

I am down for a league. I'd prefer real rosters to a fantasy draft. I'd also like to play as the Bulls, as I always have, not that stating that fact now will probably matter.

I'd be up for running the league; hopefully 2k will have everything working from day 1 this year as I have no interest if the online leagues don't work.

I fell in love since 2k2 then to another level with 2k7, but everything went downhill from there until they murdered 2k10 this time i'm gonna be getting nba Elite 11.

[quote name='Matt Young']I am down for a league. I'd prefer real rosters to a fantasy draft. I'd also like to play as the Bulls, as I always have, not that stating that fact now will probably matter.[/QUOTE]
Well, if we're calling teams here, then I call my hometown team, the Heat.

But yeah, like I said before, I'm down for anything if its as active as the Madden League. Matt here knows what I'm talking about.

[quote name='Limegreen']I fell in love since 2k2 then to another level with 2k7, but everything went downhill from there until they murdered 2k10 this time i'm gonna be getting nba Elite 11.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand all the hate about 2k10.. sure it had some bugs and online was hell at first.. The game itself though was amazing as usual.

Id be down for a league.. id want the heat (as usual) but ill prob be frowned upon and expected to woop ass lol

I have nothing against the Live/Elite series but I cant take it seriously until they change the player models.

Seriously, they look like fucking cartoon characters. I know for a fact that Live/Elite has made big strides but until they change the models I cant even look at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7j9HE-sQ

Seriously......I cant even fathom how anyone can even stomach those models.

[quote name='Soodmeg']I have nothing against the Live/Elite series but I cant take it seriously until they change the player models.

Seriously, they look like fucking cartoon characters. I know for a fact that Live/Elite has made big strides but until they change the models I cant even look at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYB7j9HE-sQ

Seriously......I cant even fathom how anyone can even stomach those models.[/QUOTE]

To me it looks like playing with the defaults from 2K2-2K9, too bad it took EA until 2010 to realize what 2K had going for it.

I wonder how Elite would fare now that the 2k guy who went to work for them, went back to 2k this past year. I seriously doubt that the bump in quality from Live 09 to 10 and him starting to work for EA at the same time was just a coincidence.

I'll be in for a league assuming I get this on time and only if it's a draft. It's the fair way to balance the teams, because honestly, it's the only way to properly balance teams.

[quote name='Matt Young']I thought the point of a league was to play as your favorite team. Fantasy drafts make team selection pointless.[/QUOTE]
Personally, I always liked it because it added another aspect to the game. Its always interesting to see what kind of teams people put together.

Is this game a flop? I heard its basically 2k10, which is funny because when 2k10 came out everyone was saying how it just wasn't a good year, and they basically made no real improvements. Glad I'm not a sports fan.

bread's done
Back