Season 21 Survivor: Nicaragua Wed. on CBS

2DMention

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
We're less than a week away, I thought I'd start a thread.

Should be a good season, with Old vs Young. I bet an older person will win it.

I think he'll be there a while, at least half of the game. The guy will probably be a workhorse, and they're competing against a younger group. If they get rid of him right off the bat, they're fucked.

Plus he'll probably fall into the old "we can deal with him later" thing.

Oh, and BTW, you caught me slacking, OP...this is the first Survivor thread I didn't helm on CAG since Survivor 10.

Watching the TV guide preview now. This season could be good.

Edit: Looks like it overlaps the AGT finale. I guess I'll only watch the last half of that. When do episodes usually show up online for streaming? The next day?

Last edited by a moderator:
The first episode has come and gone and nobody's posted about it?

What did you guys think?

Looks like it could be an entertaining season. Jimmy J is gonna make things interesting.

The girl with one leg is the only one I like. Everybody else is a total pud. Jimmy J seems honest though. I really think he's just there for the experience. Everybody's blind by the one clown saying he thinks Jimmy would win. And it was funny to see that other ass-hat all pissy because he wanted to be the leader.

And that one dumb bitch saying "I formed an alliance." Lady, you're supposed to keep that shit secret, not let everybody know in the first tribal.

That, and they get rid of the real turkeys in the first four weeks.

The "Medallion Of Power" is going to be an interesting spin on things going forward. In that situation, knowing it goes to the other team after you use it, would you have used it on the first challenge? I think I would have waited it out as well.

[quote name='shrike4242']That, and they get rid of the real turkeys in the first four weeks.

The "Medallion Of Power" is going to be an interesting spin on things going forward. In that situation, knowing it goes to the other team after you use it, would you have used it on the first challenge? I think I would have waited it out as well.[/QUOTE]

What "power" did they get though? My CBS affiliate conked out right when Jeff was explaining the medallion. It came back on after the competition started.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']What "power" did they get though? My CBS affiliate conked out right when Jeff was explaining the medallion. It came back on after the competition started.[/QUOTE]From what Probst said when they received it, it would give them significant advantage in a immunity challenge if they used it.

In last night's episode,
Probst said that it would take five hand buckets' worth of water to fill the bucket connected to the puzzle pieces. If they used the MoP, it would start them out with one hand bucket full of water in the other bucket, so they'd be 20% ahead to start with. Once they used it, it would go to the other tribe for them to use. I assume it'll keep flip-flopping back and forth between the teams until the merge happens, and at that point, we don't know what might happen.

The old tribe chose not to use it, so they started even. Had they used it, they likely would have won the challenge with that head start. We'll see what advantage it gives next challenge.

Cool, I like this medallion shit. Finally a twist that moves the game forward strategically. It was getting kinda stale since they got rid of Exile Island and hid like 50 fucking immunity idols last few seasons.

There's been 20 of these already?!? It's usually not entertaining in the least since you know it's gonna be one of the 'pretty people' vs. one of the not so pretty cast members for the final.

What they need to do is combine Survivor and Biggest Loser with a ton of cross promotion. At least get something useful out of two reality shows other than the overbearing drama queen bullshit that's the standard.

Wow at that tribal council. That homophobic blast just came out of nowhere. Most awkward Survivor moment ever, or at least that I can remember off the top of my head.

Never saw someone sabotage themselves so badly. He had a good shot at having things turn out exactly the way he wanted until he opened his mouth. I'm glad that shitheel is gone.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Never saw someone sabotage themselves so badly. He had a good shot at having things turn out exactly the way he wanted until he opened his mouth. I'm glad that shitheel is gone.[/QUOTE]

That's a trend so far. People are opening their mouths and digging their own grave.

I was glad to see Shannon go. He lost his shit and it cost him.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Wow at that tribal council. That homophobic blast just came out of nowhere. Most awkward Survivor moment ever, or at least that I can remember off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]
Watching it now. 2-hour premiere of Hell's Kitchen was tonight too.

This is the first season of Survivor that I have ever watched.

The older group is going to have to keep their eyes on the shoe stealing/sanding lady. When she threw them in the water, I was like damn this bitch is crazy. Then the guy said that the shoes were 1600$. I was very much WTF is he doing bringing expensive shoes to a show like survivor.

No bumps? Are people still watching this? I'm watching, but have to admit I'm not as enthusiastic as I was the last 2 seasons.

Too bad they voted out the MILF with the weird name and the one-legged girl. They were the hottest women this season.

Lies. Purple Kelly is the hottest, or maybe Alina. I cannot wait to see Marty get sent home. I'm not sure who my favorite is this season. I like Chase and Ben. I can't stand Naonka or whatever her name is. The rest, meh.

Purple Kelly is by far the hottest this season imo. I don't have a favorite this season, no one is really that interesting to me.

I'm watching the show, but usually on delay, since Hell's Kitchen airs at the same time.

I know she was on the "older" tribe, but I really thought Jill was very attractive.

[quote name='pitfallharry219']Lies. Purple Kelly is the hottest, or maybe Alina. I cannot wait to see Marty get sent home. I'm not sure who my favorite is this season. I like Chase and Ben. I can't stand Naonka or whatever her name is. The rest, meh.[/QUOTE]

Marty has just become more and more of an arrogant ass as the season has gone on , with his whole "I'm the only one who's actually playing this like the game it is" attitude. As much as it would've been a dick move I would've laughed if he got sent home last week after giving up his idol.

As for favorites , I'm really liking "Fabio" even if he is dumb as a brick. Chase and Ben are alright as well. I liked Jimmy Johnson until he got sent home. Naonka seems a lot more tolerable since the tribe switch , wonder how that will fare for her in the long run.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'm watching the show, but usually on delay, since Hell's Kitchen airs at the same time.

I know she was on the "older" tribe, but I really thought Jill was very attractive.[/QUOTE]

Same on both comments. I've pared Survivor with The Apprentice on my online watch list for fridays.

Another thought , I was disappointed that the Medallion of Power was removed from the game so soon. Seemed like it should have at least stuck around until the merge. Which on that note is the tribe merge going to happen on this weeks episode or next weeks? The preview kinda confused me about that.

[quote name='StarKnightX']Marty has just become more and more of an arrogant ass as the season has gone on , with his whole "I'm the only one who's actually playing this like the game it is" attitude. As much as it would've been a dick move I would've laughed if he got sent home last week after giving up his idol.

As for favorites , I'm really liking "Fabio" even if he is dumb as a brick. Chase and Ben are alright as well. I liked Jimmy Johnson until he got sent home. Naonka seems a lot more tolerable since the tribe switch , wonder how that will fare for her in the long run.

Same on both comments. I've pared Survivor with The Apprentice on my online watch list for fridays.

Another thought , I was disappointed that the Medallion of Power was removed from the game so soon. Seemed like it should have at least stuck around until the merge. Which on that note is the tribe merge going to happen on this weeks episode or next weeks? The preview kinda confused me about that.[/QUOTE]
Apparently it was this week...that was quick. They also seated the first member of the jury.

Purple Kelly isn't getting much screen time, but I can see how people would say she's the hottest. I still think Yve was pretty hot, even for her age.

Getting sick of Naoka and Marty. Hope both of them go home.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I'm watching the show, but usually on delay, since Hell's Kitchen airs at the same time.

I know she was on the "older" tribe, but I really thought Jill was very attractive.[/QUOTE]

I've been recording Hell's Kitchen or watching it on Hulu. Right now, it feels like it's in between seasons because Fox hasn't aired any new episodes for the last month.

[quote name='2DMention']Purple Kelly isn't getting much screen time, but I can see how people would say she's the hottest.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, she doesn't get much screen time at all. Luckily for her, her name never comes up either, as someone to vote off.

I actually thought the chick with one leg was the hottest.

Is Brenda not hot or is she just too mean for you guys?

edit: Do agree about the one legged chick though. She was pretty hot.

this season has been fairly bland. they're returning to a majority vanilla + token ethnics. some players like Fabio are just plain difficult to watch. a lot of players are just flying under the radar hoping not to get voted out; thus not dramatic enough to make the air time. Naonka is mentally unbalanced; and not as entertaining to watch as Russel. I liked Jimmy J., but these turds voted him off early. I couldn't care less who'll win this round; no All-Stars here.

The Producers need to up the ante; make it Extreme Survivor. These people are slackers.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']The Producers need to up the ante; make it Extreme Survivor. These people are slackers.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for a Survivor: Antarctica.

[quote name='Mospeada_21']
The Producers need to up the ante; make it Extreme Survivor. These people are slackers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Two things I noticed last episode: 1.) they were getting their water out of a barrel full of clean water. 2.) Too many people had band-aids and patches on their arms and legs. They don't make them work for their drinkable water anymore and give them too much minor medical services. Reminds me of that season where every other fucking challenge was a food reward. Even their fishing kits are a joke now. They used to get some goggles and a spear. Now they get a full tackle kit with fancy fishing poles.

[quote name='crunchb3rry']Agreed. Two things I noticed last episode: 1.) they were getting their water out of a barrel full of clean water. 2.) Too many people had band-aids and patches on their arms and legs. They don't make them work for their drinkable water anymore and give them too much minor medical services. Reminds me of that season where every other fucking challenge was a food reward. Even their fishing kits are a joke now. They used to get some goggles and a spear. Now they get a full tackle kit with fancy fishing poles.[/QUOTE]

The well isn't any different than any other recent seasons as far as I can tell. It's not like it's clean water. They still have to boil it to make it drinkable, which is why fire/flint is so important early on.

As far as the rest, I can agree though. I don't, by any stretch, think things are easy, but they are either easier than they used to be or the problems just aren't included in the episodes. I can't remember the last time there was a threat of running out of food, but then food rewards have become more plentiful and earlier too.

I tend to wonder if some of this has to do with the fact that they've started filling their casts with mostly recruits rather than applicants. Might be harder to recruit people unless they lessen the difficulty some. Personally, I wish they'd do another season that was mostly applicants. I'd really be curious to see how much of an impact that has on the quality of a season.

Fabio beats Sash and Chase in the finals. Holly 4th, Dan 5th, Jane 6th, Benry 7th, Purple Kelly 8th (quits), Na Onka 9th (quits), Brenda 10th, Matt goes home this week, don't look at me like that, I put this in a spoiler box.

I remember season 2 when their whole fucking camp got washed away because the dumbasses built it right on a riverbank, lol. Classic.

[quote name='Cantatus']I tend to wonder if some of this has to do with the fact that they've started filling their casts with mostly recruits rather than applicants. Might be harder to recruit people unless they lessen the difficulty some. Personally, I wish they'd do another season that was mostly applicants. I'd really be curious to see how much of an impact that has on the quality of a season.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I never quite understood why they even do recruiting in the sense that you have to still have "attractive", "crazy", etc in the applicants box as well. Let the people that truly want to play it, play it.

Look Charlie, I know you put a spoiler tag and that's great, but fuck man, at least say what that tag contains. I figured you watched the last episode and wanted to comment on who got voted off. This is a warning for anyone else, his tag contains the spoilers for the rest of the show.

Also, I just noticed, you called Marty Matt and you spelled Nay's name all retarded. Do you even watch the show or did you come in here purposely to spoil it for people for no reason? Well there, I gave you the reaction you wanted, gg.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tcrash247']Look Charlie, I know you put a spoiler tag and that's great, but fuck man, at least say what that tag contains. I figured you watched the last episode and wanted to comment on who got voted off. This is a warning for anyone else, his tag contains the spoilers for the rest of the show.[/QUOTE]

That's why I didn't click it.

[quote name='lordopus99']Me too. I learned from the Big Brother thread to never open any spoilers for a reality tv show.[/QUOTE]

Don't believe him. He "spoils" the finale when the winner is determined live.

bread's done
Back