GGT 57 will fill you with hope

ninja dog

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
or you could fill hope, if you're a top

hopelp.jpg

[quote name='whoknows']You mean if Sega didn't make Sonic, right?[/QUOTE]

Clearly. I didn't think I needed to mention that, it's just implied. Just like Kinect being GOTY.

The beginning of XIII was faster paced than most games I've played. I mean, you can hate the first 20 hours for a million other reasons but when compared to a lot of other RPGs, XIII is straight action. No killing rats, running around a town talking to NPCs, puzzle segments, errands -- just oh hey you're on a train to a warzone, have fun.

But I also like other RPGs that start slow, as long as it's done well. I think the bottom line here is that I like good games.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The beginning of XIII was faster paced than most games I've played. I mean, you can hate the first 20 hours for a million other reasons but when compared to a lot of other RPGs, XIII is straight action. No killing rats, running around a town talking to NPCs, puzzle segments, errands -- just oh hey you're on a train to a warzone, have fun.

But I also like other RPGs that start slow, as long as it's done well. I think the bottom line here is that I like good games.[/QUOTE]

Name the most awesome game, ever.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I can't deal with that pressure, you'd have to give me ultra specific categories.[/QUOTE]

Whatever you'd say would be wrong anyways.

Clearly, the best game ever is
sonicthehedgehognextgen.jpg

PS3 version specifically.

[quote name='panzerfaust']I can't deal with that pressure, you'd have to give me ultra specific categories.[/QUOTE]

The most awesome game you were playing on your gameboy on July 21st, 2006 while you were in the bathroom with a low battery.

Nah I think I'd probably get it right. Maybe not in the RPG section since I still have Baldur's Gate II and Planescape to play through this winter break. I hear those are both big contenders.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Nah I think I'd probably get it right. Maybe not in the RPG section since I still have Baldur's Gate II and Planescape to play through this winter break. I hear those are both big contenders.[/QUOTE]

Those are wrong. Best RPG ever is
sonicthehedgehognextgen.jpg

Well I'm clearly not experienced enough to answer that question. I've failed.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']My only problem was the lack of control. I understand that they wanted to have a big tutorial, but the length of time it took to get most of the gameplay unlocked was just silly.[/QUOTE]

You mean when everyone splits into twos? Yeah pacing was a bit off at some of those points, I still liked those parts a lot though. Sazh/Vanille in the junkyard is probably the worst part of the game, and even then it wasn't like it was a chore or anything.

[quote name='panzerfaust']The beginning of XIII was faster paced than most games I've played. I mean, you can hate the first 20 hours for a million other reasons but when compared to a lot of other RPGs, XIII is straight action. No killing rats, running around a town talking to NPCs, puzzle segments, errands -- just oh hey you're on a train to a warzone, have fun.

But I also like other RPGs that start slow, as long as it's done well. I think the bottom line here is that I like good games.[/QUOTE]
My only problem was the lack of control. I understand that they wanted to have a big tutorial, but the length of time it took to get most of the gameplay unlocked was just silly.

While I should be playing some other random game in my backlog, I find myself mindlessly mashing buttons in SSFIV. Im actually going through challenge mode trials with Cammy since I just played a few matches with her and had a blast. I'll get to Dante's Inferno eventually, maybe once I get tired of staring at Cammy's ass.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Well I'm clearly not experienced enough to answer that question. I've failed.[/QUOTE]

Opinion matters here, not experience.

[quote name='Cheska19']While I should be playing some other random game in my backlog, I find myself mindlessly mashing buttons in SSFIV. Im actually going through challenge mode trials with Cammy since I just played a few matches with her and had a blast. I'll get to Dante's Inferno eventually, maybe once I get tired of staring at Cammy's ass.[/QUOTE]

OY! I slaved away stealing that image of Ibuki and cropping it. You were supposed to wear it for another... let's see... 5 years!

[quote name='whoknows']There's only one right answer though.[/QUOTE]

That's why experience doesn't matter, as long as he gets it right! :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Mr. Beef']Pfft, I learned my typing from some fat old teacher in middle school, not Mario. :nottalking:[/QUOTE]

Did he have a mustache?

[quote name='distgfx']Did he have a mustache?[/QUOTE]After so many years I can't remember, but I think she did.

[quote name='corrosivefrost']Beefy, sorry we didn't sync up yesterday -- you around for some coop soonish?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, how soon?

So what gives with Nintendo and MS only announcing one (exclusive) game for 2011? (Zelda and Gears 3).

Sony seems to be going full force. Off the top of my head, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Socom 4, Little Big Penis 2, ICO Collection, Resistance 3, Ratchet and Clank and whatever comes out for Move.

Nintendo still has Dragon Quest X coming out in Japan. There's also Mario Sports Mix coming out here. Their big fall game hasn't been revealed yet unless they pushed back Zelda. But right now Nintendo is focusing on their new handheld.

Microsoft has another Forza coming and they probably have another game from Rare coming as well. But no one buys Rare games anymore.

[quote name='seanr1221']So what gives with Nintendo and MS only announcing one (exclusive) game for 2011? (Zelda and Gears 3).

Sony seems to be going full force. Off the top of my head, Killzone 3, Infamous 2, Socom 4, Little Big Penis 2, ICO Collection, Resistance 3, Ratchet and Clank and whatever comes out for Move.[/QUOTE]

None of those sony games are new, they're all the same old games with a new number at the end

[quote name='Cheska19']While I should be playing some other random game in my backlog, I find myself mindlessly mashing buttons in SSFIV. Im actually going through challenge mode trials with Cammy since I just played a few matches with her and had a blast. I'll get to Dante's Inferno eventually, maybe once I get tired of staring at Cammy's ass.[/QUOTE]

You're going to get bored with DI pretty quickly. God of War Collection was far more enjoyable than DI. The Collection was my first time playing through GoWII, for reference.

I didn't even mention the complete silliness of the poem to game translation.

[quote name='Feeding the Abscess']You're going to get bored with DI pretty quickly. God of War Collection was far more enjoyable than DI. The Collection was my first time playing through GoWII, for reference.

I didn't even mention the complete silliness of the poem to game translation.[/QUOTE]

It's not horrible so far, and the platinum seems really easy to get, I've read it takes less than 15 hours for it. I just got to the part where the unblessed babies are introduced, and these creatures are beyond creepy.

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']I was going to call the guy with the cute charmander a $$$zeek

then i saw it was chesky

:D[/QUOTE]

Aww, you don't like little Charmander? He's always been one of my favorites

I won't be picking them up, I haven't touched Reach in about 3-4 weeks now, I don't think I will for awhile.

Sadly, I'm having a hard time trying to create a Christmas list... There just doesn't seem to be that many games I'm interested in. :/

bread's done
Back