Halo Reach Legendary Edition $69.99 - Amazon DotD

I finally convinced them! I've been monitoring it and saw it earlier today but didnt bother to update. I was emailing amazon daily about the price matching. Happy they finally did it.

I wonder how many of these they made for Reach. It's more than three years after launch and they're still unloading Halo 3 Legendary editions at Club Bing with stickers that say not to open until 9/25/07.

[quote name='Sway']Now $69.99 for the Deal of the Day, 12/13/10.[/QUOTE]

I think i'll finally bite on this. Cheapy Halo nut here that wants all the toys :)

[quote name='Sway']Now $69.99 for the Deal of the Day, 12/13/10.[/QUOTE]

Yep, just snagged one myself.

I would never normally even pay that much for it, but coincidentally my son happened to go with me to Gamestop tonight and saw that they had it for $80 and told me he wanted that for Christmas. He already has the game and in fact I just bought him ODST tonight with the B2G1 (got a completely mint copy - obviously one GS converted to used from brand new). Anyway, I don't think he really expects me to get it (since he knows he's already getting an iPod Touch) so this will be a semi-surprise for him.

With the $10 savings, I figured I'd just save myself the trip and get it from the DotD. I didn't realize that was only a $10 drop from their "normal" price, but that makes sense since they would most likely have been matching GS's price before. I guess I could have gone with GS.com and used one of my last few $10 off coupons from the deals last Spring. But I'll save those for other things.

Of course, I will now end up with 2 copies of the game. If Amazon is giving $30.50 for it, maybe I'll just send it there: makes the Legendary stuff just $40 in Amazon credit... Just checked, it isn't $30.50, it is $27.75... Well, that sucks... But it is a better deal than the trade-in value of the Legendary Edition itself (for which they'd expect every last piece): $28!

A question for those who have it, is the copy of Reach within the Legendary Edition the normal one with the same UPC or is it in a different case or have different cover art? If it is different, is there anything (like DLC codes) included in the Halo Reach game case? I'm just wondering if maybe I can simply sell the game off new (still sealed) as that might get me a bit more than the $27.75 from Amazon. Edit: I think I answered my own question by looking at the picture at Amazon. It looks like it is in a black case and the cover art is different. That is just like the Fable III CE game... But, does the case have any bonus DLC stuff in it like the Fable III one does? In other words, if you want to keep all the extras but get rid of the game do you have to open it (the game case itself that is) to take out any goodies?

Last edited by a moderator:
I predicted six months. Man, I was way off. It only took half that. Makes you wonder why anyone ever pays $150 for one of these. I learned my lesson after the Halo 3 one. Let this be a lesson to all. CE's will always show up for cheaper later unless the game is named World of Warcraft.

To answer some of the questions above:

From what I've read, you're basically getting the statue and the limited edition version of the game (w/ extra DLC). I'm not sure that the LE comes sealed in this package (I would assume not); however, I bought the LE seperately at launch and the actual game case inside is unsealed with all the DLC inside the game case.

As for Amazon, the UPC on the Halo Reach game that comes with the Limited Edition doesn't pull up the game, but then again, when you trade in games, it doesn't ask for UPCs. So I dunno. I may try "upgrading" as the statue seems pretty cool and the DLC might be worth a few bucks.

[quote name='knight19']

As for Amazon, the UPC on the Halo Reach game that comes with the Limited Edition doesn't pull up the game, but then again, when you trade in games, it doesn't ask for UPCs. So I dunno. I may try "upgrading" as the statue seems pretty cool and the DLC might be worth a few bucks.[/QUOTE]

I can guarantee you won't be able to send the game from this in as a regular Halo Reach trade-in. You would have to send the original one with the standard UPC. NorAm (Amazon's third-party game trading partner) will reject it nearly every time if it isn't the standard-issue UPC. And if you trade it as the Limited or Legendary edition they will expect all the extras (except for one-time use DLC codes).

I sold the DLC for about 50 bucks which made my purchase 25 in the end. Only thing I would have liked to watch was the documentary.

At this rate though it looks like it will definitely hit 30 soon enough, hopefully teaching all us CAGers NEVER to buy a 100+ LE unless you love the series or know for a fact its actually limited.

It does come with a flaming helmet code and some other armor code, which you could sell on old fleabay to defray costs. I got mine from Amazon for 75.00 a while back, sold the codes for 35.00 each (actually got two because of an error! lucky me).

[quote name='io']I can guarantee you won't be able to send the game from this in as a regular Halo Reach trade-in. You would have to send the original one with the standard UPC. NorAm (Amazon's third-party game trading partner) will reject it nearly every time if it isn't the standard-issue UPC. And if you trade it as the Limited or Legendary edition they will expect all the extras (except for one-time use DLC codes).[/QUOTE]

I got the LE about three weeks ago and it wasn't until a few days later that I realized the case for the game is black and NOT the standard green Xbox case.

The game is enclosed in the strong box such as the Limited Edition w/ the Journal and there is no shrinkwrap around the case. DLC codes inside the case with the manual.

Edit: Looks like the same cover art to me. :whistle2:?

How much credit can you get for a used Halo Reach? I might buy this and then trade my regular halo reach in.

[quote name='MXRider']How much credit can you get for a used Halo Reach? I might buy this and then trade my regular halo reach in.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I don't know, you could read the few posts above you where it's mentioned a few times...

[quote name='Fatbot3']I sold the DLC for about 50 bucks which made my purchase 25 in the end. Only thing I would have liked to watch was the documentary.

At this rate though it looks like it will definitely hit 30 soon enough, hopefully teaching all us CAGers NEVER to buy a 100+ LE unless you love the series or know for a fact its actually limited.[/QUOTE]

You can try to Google the documentary. Its probably uploaded somewhere by now

The LE inside the Legendary Edition, although shrinkwrapped, doesn't seem to have the plastic slip cover over it like the retail LE does.

I wonder what people do with the Legendary box once they retrieved the LE box and the statue? The Legendary box is too big to be useful around the house.

[quote name='MXRider']How much credit can you get for a used Halo Reach? I might buy this and then trade my regular halo reach in.[/QUOTE]

What?!?!? I could't hear you through the bold-en-ness-ly stuff

Picked one up, my nephew wants reach for Christmas & I want the statue and the other stuff. I'll probably sell the codes to take some of the cost off (if people are will to pay around 30 for them who am I to say no).

You got to be kidding me.... Bungie promised this was not going to be like the halo 3 legendary edition.... I will never ever believe a word from that company again. I fell for it again on reach legendary what a shocker! There statements saying this is not going to happen with this one i guess was just PR to boost sales of Legendary at first. I will admit i was a sucker that bought this over priced thing. The statue is ok but it just sits in the box in my closet. The flame head was the only thing i loved and that was not worth the 100 extra..

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']You got to be kidding me.... Bungie promised this was not going to be like the halo 3 legendary edition.... I will never ever believe a word from that company again. [/QUOTE]

We tried and tried to warn everyone... Some people don't listen... If it doesn;t have a number, it isn't going to be limited... Just sayin'

[quote name='io']Yep, just snagged one myself.

I would never normally even pay that much for it, but coincidentally my son happened to go with me to Gamestop tonight and saw that they had it for $80 and told me he wanted that for Christmas. He already has the game and in fact I just bought him ODST tonight with the B2G1 (got a completely mint copy - obviously one GS converted to used from brand new). Anyway, I don't think he really expects me to get it (since he knows he's already getting an iPod Touch) so this will be a semi-surprise for him.

With the $10 savings, I figured I'd just save myself the trip and get it from the DotD. I didn't realize that was only a $10 drop from their "normal" price, but that makes sense since they would most likely have been matching GS's price before. I guess I could have gone with GS.com and used one of my last few $10 off coupons from the deals last Spring. But I'll save those for other things.

Of course, I will now end up with 2 copies of the game. If Amazon is giving $30.50 for it, maybe I'll just send it there: makes the Legendary stuff just $40 in Amazon credit... Just checked, it isn't $30.50, it is $27.75... Well, that sucks... But it is a better deal than the trade-in value of the Legendary Edition itself (for which they'd expect every last piece): $28!

A question for those who have it, is the copy of Reach within the Legendary Edition the normal one with the same UPC or is it in a different case or have different cover art? If it is different, is there anything (like DLC codes) included in the Halo Reach game case? I'm just wondering if maybe I can simply sell the game off new (still sealed) as that might get me a bit more than the $27.75 from Amazon. Edit: I think I answered my own question by looking at the picture at Amazon. It looks like it is in a black case and the cover art is different. That is just like the Fable III CE game... But, does the case have any bonus DLC stuff in it like the Fable III one does? In other words, if you want to keep all the extras but get rid of the game do you have to open it (the game case itself that is) to take out any goodies?[/QUOTE]

Different UPC and game isnt sealed in box. Dlc in there is worth the few extra bucks. I bought it at 74.99 before black friday. I use the flaming helmet, everyone comes for me but I like it.

I only wear the flaming helmet when I play campaign and FF, helps my XBL buddies determine where I am easier on maps like Waterfront or the Nightfall mission etc. I will most likely give the statue to my friend's kid for Christmas since he's so stupid for Halo. The other extras are nice though, the journal is pretty cool especially from an artist's perspective...like having someone's personal sketchbook.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I predicted six months. Man, I was way off. It only took half that. Makes you wonder why anyone ever pays $150 for one of these. I learned my lesson after the Halo 3 one. Let this be a lesson to all. CE's will always show up for cheaper later unless the game is named World of Warcraft.[/QUOTE]

Or Mass Effect.

At this point I'm not even sure I want it... without the allure of a new release, I see it as just a statue and a bunch of extra info. :D

[quote name='io']Yep, just snagged one myself.

A question for those who have it, is the copy of Reach within the Legendary Edition the normal one with the same UPC or is it in a different case or have different cover art? If it is different, is there anything (like DLC codes) included in the Halo Reach game case? I'm just wondering if maybe I can simply sell the game off new (still sealed) as that might get me a bit more than the $27.75 from Amazon. Edit: I think I answered my own question by looking at the picture at Amazon. It looks like it is in a black case and the cover art is different. That is just like the Fable III CE game... But, does the case have any bonus DLC stuff in it like the Fable III one does? In other words, if you want to keep all the extras but get rid of the game do you have to open it (the game case itself that is) to take out any goodies?[/QUOTE]

IO you might want to see if that Gamestop still has the Halo 3 ODST green controller. If it was a CE then they might if they haven't sold it but no way to know as all copies of the game (standard and CE) were the same but the CE was in plastic packaging with the controller bundled with it.

[quote name='HisDivineShadow']I predicted six months. Man, I was way off. It only took half that. Makes you wonder why anyone ever pays $150 for one of these. I learned my lesson after the Halo 3 one. Let this be a lesson to all. CE's will always show up for cheaper later unless the game is named World of Warcraft.[/QUOTE]

Or ...
Tales of Vesperia
Mass Effect
Demon's Soul

[quote name='MSUHitman']Or ...
Tales of Vesperia
Mass Effect
Demon's Soul[/QUOTE]

I don't buy many CE's, but I'm proud to have bought 2 of those 3 at least (Vesperia and Demon's Souls). DS, it was clear right away was worth a lot. Vesperia wasn't so much in the beginning but definitely is now.

Anyway, I just noticed that not only did the Halo Reach Legendary Edition not sell out as a DotD, it is still priced at the DotD pricing ($69.99) the following day. So much for the "DotD". Oh well, still glad I got it as my son is asking daily for it for Christmas. So this works.

Oh, and by the way, the trade-in DotD for today (12/14) is Halo Reach for $32 (up from $27.25 yesterday). It would have to be the regular version (with the standard UPC - they are very strict about that), but if you want to "upgrade" from the regular to the Legendary, it will only cost you $38 with this trade-in DotD.

My dilemma is that my son plays the game daily and in order to do this I will have to take his copy away temporarily. I have a week from now to ship it, but that leaves about a week when he's off school leading up to Christmas where he won't have it. Or I'll have to give him the game from the Legendary edition and either just let him know he's getting it for sure (he certainly doesn't expect it though he keeps asking for it) or make up some sort of story. I do so much game trading that I'm sure I can cover it with some BS excuse ;).

[quote name='JustYourAverageJoe']Went ahead and grabbed one. I missed out on the Halo 3 LE by not grabbing it at $50. I definitely don't want to make that mistake again.[/QUOTE]

You missed out by not grabbing the Halo 3 Legendary at $50? I got mine new for $30 sometime last year.

Halo Reach Legendary is now available for $69.99 @ Amazon with free super saver shipping. This is $80 (or 53%) off the regular cost _ apply for an amazon account and get it $10 less, or $59.99 delivered. This gets you the full Legendary edition with the statue and all the goodies, delivered, for less than the cost of the game alone at most retailers!
:D

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='KillerTigger']Halo Reach Legendary is now available for $69.99 @ Amazon with free super saver shipping. This is $80 (or 53%) off the regular cost _ apply for an amazon account and get it $10 less, or $59.99 delivered. This gets you the full Legendary edition with the statue and all the goodies, delivered, for less than the cost of the game alone at most retailers!
:D[/QUOTE]
Where the hell are you shopping?

wow, i'd get this if i had an xbox and i don't even like halo. really makes me rethink my pre-order of deus ex collector's edition (ps3) from gamestop. there's really no point to ordering such things so early. hopefully, i can get my $10 back.

[quote name='Darknuke']You missed out by not grabbing the Halo 3 Legendary at $50? I got mine new for $30 sometime last year.[/QUOTE]
From where? I definitely don't remember that deal.

Don't know if it actually hit $30, but I distinctly remember paying less than $50 ($39.99 maybe?) for Halo 3 Legendary @ NewEgg in mid-2009. Bought a set of 3 and was covered for two birthday gifts and a Christmas for less than MSRP of one:)

bread's done
Back