Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (360 or PS3) + $20 Credit for $49.96 + FSSS

Simmen Stenil

CAGiversary!
This is the lowest price I've seen since Black Friday.

http://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Cre...HQ7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1292550425&sr=8-1

Offer Details: Get a $20 Video Games Credit
Order Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and receive a $20 promotional credit toward the purchase of any physical item from the Amazon Video Games store (digital products not eligible) shipped and sold by Amazon.com. The promotional credit will be added directly to your Amazon.com account within two days after your order ships. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. Limit one per household. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time.

they'll probably give you the $20 if you ordered it yesterday. would've ordered it myself if I knew they'd be offering $20 in credit the next day.

This is the kmart deal right? Props to amazon for price matching. I think I'll pick up the game now with the credit I got from my ps3 order.

GODAMMIT
I just ordered this yesterday and now this.
I bought it for $38 cause I rarely get to K-Mart.

Why do they do this to me.
Now I know why they shipped like 10 minutes after i ordered it.

I was able to resist this yesterday at $38 but I'm not sure I can resist this awesome deal. Thanks, Simmen Stenil!

[quote name='woodcan']Motherfuckers, I just ordered it last night for $37.99 and just knew I should have waited.[/QUOTE]

you are fine, $20 credit means $20 splitting between this purchase and next purchase(assuming next purchase wont honor you any credit), so basically you can see it as $10 off

[quote name='DANIEL']has anyone played the on-line multiplayer? how good is it?[/QUOTE]
It's awesome. The only issue is that the matchmaking can take a long time sometimes. I'm assuming that will be fixed.

[quote name='DANIEL']has anyone played the on-line multiplayer? how good is it?[/QUOTE]

It can be a real mixed bag... when you get a bunch of players who want to play it like Ubisoft wanted you to it's a blast, but when you have people who throw caution to the wind and just sprint around everywhere it can throw things off quite a bit. They try to offset this by giving you a higher score for stealth kills, but it's still too lopsided IMO, from my experience the guys that run around tend to always win the matches.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong for the price, provided you've played ACII. I think the game is pretty much what you would expect from a "padding" game with a one year development cycle... lots of tightened gameplay and new challeneges for fans of ACII looking for more, but perhaps a bit dissapointing in its familiarity and a terriblly meek plot.

[quote name='woodcan']Motherfuckers, I just ordered it last night for $37.99 and just knew I should have waited.[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it... I shoulda waited...

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']It can be a real mixed bag... when you get a bunch of players who want to play it like Ubisoft wanted you to it's a blast, but when you have people who throw caution to the wind and just sprint around everywhere it can throw things off quite a bit. They try to offset this by giving you a higher score for stealth kills, but it's still too lopsided IMO, from my experience the guys that run around tend to always win the matches.

That said, I don't think you can go wrong for the price, provided you've played ACII. I think the game is pretty much what you would expect from a "padding" game with a one year development cycle... lots of tightened gameplay and new challeneges for fans of ACII looking for more, but perhaps a bit dissapointing in its familiarity and a terriblly meek plot.[/QUOTE]

Thanks "Ilikecoldbeverages" for the detailed opinion... much appreciated!
Im really tempted on getting it. I played AC2 and I thought it was ok. The multiplayer part of this game might force me to get it.

[quote name='WilliamG']I never beat AC2, so I'm worried I won't understand AC:B. Any thoughts on this?[/QUOTE]

Edit: How far did you get? Depending on that, you can probably just youtube key parts of the game... otherwise I would suggest playing through ACII. AC:B summarizes the ending of ACII, but it lacks the "oomph" of actually playing it IMO.

Thanks, OP. My procrastinating, indecisive brother just told me this was a game he wanted for Christmas, and lo and behold...CAG to the rescue again!

I couldn't resist :(...I guess I'll use the $20 toward the new X360 I'm trying to save up for :(. I really hate amazon (in a good way :)).

I don't get why you guys that payed $38 are so pissed. If you do the math, 20 bucks off 2 games comes to 10 bucks off per game which is pretty much the deal you got (compared to the $49.96 of this deal) and you weren't forced to buy another game to get it.

[quote name='Flesseck']Do any of you buy them just for the credits and return them back?[/QUOTE]

don't they charge a restocking fee? not worth it unless you don't order much, will also raise a flag on your account.

[quote name='roymustang']I don't get why you guys that payed $38 are so pissed. If you do the math, 20 bucks off 2 games comes to 10 bucks off per game which is pretty much the deal you got (compared to the $49.96 of this deal) and you weren't forced to buy another game to get it.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's buy AC:B and another game and get $20 ... It's just buy AC:B alone and get $20 credit. So you're spending $49.96 and getting $20 credit. Which is $29.96 total, right? So $37.99 > $29.96 totals...

[quote name='-Terminus-']I don't think it's buy AC:B and another game and get $20 ... It's just buy AC:B alone and get $20 credit. So you're spending $49.96 and getting $20 credit. Which is $29.96 total, right? So $37.99 > $29.96 totals...[/QUOTE]

Correct. The promotion is $20 credit towards your next purchase after you buy Brotherhood.

Ugh.... Anybody know how Customer Services would handle trying to get this deal instead of the $37? As it stands I'm thinking about just ordering this and returning the other. I mean $8 is $8.

Ugh. I'd buy this right now but I refuse to spend any more money. Wish this was later on in the month after my credit card cycle ended. Hopefully it'll stay but I highly doubt it.

[quote name='-Terminus-']I don't think it's buy AC:B and another game and get $20 ... It's just buy AC:B alone and get $20 credit. So you're spending $49.96 and getting $20 credit. Which is $29.96 total, right? So $37.99 > $29.96 totals...[/QUOTE]

Um... No... I don't think you understood what I meant... To take advantage of that $20 gaming credit you will have to buy another game eventually, hence 2 games in the end... So in the end, you're getting $20 off 2 games, get it? As much as Amazon wants you to believe it, getting a $20 credit towards a future purchase when you purchase a $50 game is certainly not the same as getting said game for $30 my friend....

[quote name='roymustang']Um... No... I don't think you understood what I meant... To take advantage of that $20 gaming credit you will have to buy another game eventually, hence 2 games in the end... So in the end, you're getting $20 off 2 games, get it? As much as Amazon wants you to believe it, getting a $20 credit towards a future purchase when you purchase a $50 game is certainly not the same as getting said game for $30 my friend....[/QUOTE]

Not exactly the same or as good but if someone waited and bought something they really wanted for another good deal (which is quite likely around this time) then it is pretty close.

Is there any expiration on the credit?

[quote name='Gamer SDP']don't they charge a restocking fee? not worth it unless you don't order much, will also raise a flag on your account.[/QUOTE]

What do you mean raise a flag on your account??

[quote name='roymustang']Um... No... I don't think you understood what I meant... To take advantage of that $20 gaming credit you will have to buy another game eventually, hence 2 games in the end... So in the end, you're getting $20 off 2 games, get it? As much as Amazon wants you to believe it, getting a $20 credit towards a future purchase when you purchase a $50 game is certainly not the same as getting said game for $30 my friend....[/QUOTE]

But it makes since if you WANT two games. I mean I could get a $20 game and all of it cost $49.96, versus buying the other deal at $37.99 plus paying $20.

$49.96>$57.99

[quote name='Ilikecoldbeverages']Edit: How far did you get? Depending on that, you can probably just youtube key parts of the game... otherwise I would suggest playing through ACII. AC:B summarizes the ending of ACII, but it lacks the "oomph" of actually playing it IMO.[/QUOTE]

Nor sure how far I made it really. Enough to buy most of the citadel stuff. All I really remember is the assassinating stuff. I think if they'd made these games without the ridiculous stories and as standalone games, they'd sell a lot more. If Brotherhood really requires AC2 knowledge, I don't think I can be bothered. Thanks, though. :)

[quote name='jubeininja69']not even worth it. the game was under $20 like new sold by WD.[/QUOTE]
Worth it now that they are gone.

[quote name='mitnosi']Worth it now that they are gone.[/QUOTE]

yeah, gone to a hoarder. point is the game is gonna drop like a rock. this is amazon's last chance to cash in some sales. i would wait a bit.

Same here... damn.

[quote name='Scorch']Dear Josh,

You've got Amazon's attention. :D[/QUOTE]

Indeed. Amazon matching a Kmart deal? Who would have ever though!?

I just (yesterday in fact) returned the $40 copy I bought from Amazon during the BF lightning deal. I knew that was a mistake to buy, but I did it anyway thinking that would be the lowest price at least till January. Then just this week the Kmart deal ($50 + $20 coupon) came up and since I also had a $15 coupon to use there I just rebought it.

FWIW, Amazon does not charge a restocking fee - but you do have to pay for return shipping. I wouldn't advocate returning games that come with game credits though - that will be sure to get you flagged.

ac brotherhood is just a rushed game which is basically assassin creed 2 part 2. same people in only 1 city this time and the online gets boring in 1 hour.

this game will be 30 or less in January 2011.

FACT = all ubisoft games drop like rocks within 2 months.

bread's done
Back