- - - - -

Official 2011 Yard Sale Thread

Poll: What types of pics would you like to see in this thread? (70 member(s) have cast votes)

What types of pics would you like to see in this thread?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote

#151 Skuttie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

Off the top of my head, that's about $400+ worth of stuff yeah?

#152 Tsel   The Dark Knight CAGiversary!   7560 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:48 AM

Earthbound, Super Mario RPG, AND Chrono Trigger? Hot damn.

#153 Kfoster1979   Fanboys Suck CAGiversary!   1338 Posts   Joined 13.8 Years Ago  

Kfoster1979

Posted 04 April 2011 - 01:50 AM

This is from the last several weeks, right up until today.

Spoiler

Figured I'd save the best for last. Posted Image And yes, that's the second copy of EB that I've found since February.

:applause:

I would love it just to find part of what you found, even more so for the gold n64, nice haul. Also I hate you just little :D

#154 allyourblood   America's youth sucks. CAGiversary!   3152 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

allyourblood

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for the comments, folks!

I've said this before, but it bears repeating, because I find it so odd: every time I find something that I've been aggressively searching for, for ages, I almost always find a second copy within a couple month's time (often sooner). Any of you experience the same thing?

I once had a nearly perfect copy of Chrono Trigger, complete in box (with everything), along with FFIII and Secret of Mana. I sold them off a few years ago, and had been hoping that I'd stumble across them again, so to find CT again was just awesome. It's gonna be a while before I have time to play it (I'm just now barely getting close to finishing Mass Effect 2), but it'll be a real treat when I do.

And yeah, the N64 is one of my favorite finds in a while. The best part is that the controllers don't hardly appear to have been used much, other than some light wear from storage (I'm guessing); the joysticks are 100% centered and super-snappy, which is usually the first thing to go, and also the main reason I often end up turning down controllers in my travels. Of all systems, my N64 collection has the fewest controllers.

#155 Skuttie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:48 AM

I wish I could find stuff in the quality you find it. I had found a bunch of snes games at the flea market, including some Donkey Kong Country 2s and a few others that looked like someones dog had chewed and pooped on them.

As for finding things, I barely find things, but I've found some nice stuff this year.

#156 kube00   Keeping in Cheap since 2005 CAGiversary!   10465 Posts   Joined 11.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 02:52 AM

nice finds

#157 TiKi2   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1034 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:49 AM

I'm pretty much retired from g-sales. Only goto a couple here and there, no real finds, all I bought.
Married with children board game $1
Pokemon Monopoly $1

I have too much shit and don't want to really bring anymore in.

#158 elessar123  

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

Man, I wish I could find a copy of Earthbound in the wild even.

Didn't find much this weekend, but I got Street Fighter Championship Edition on Genesis for $2 (definitely overpaid), and a sealed copy of Pokemon Ruby for $5. Ok, that's arguably rarer and more valuable than Earthbound, but at least I can play Earthbound.

#159 allyourblood   America's youth sucks. CAGiversary!   3152 Posts   Joined 12.5 Years Ago  

allyourblood

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:05 AM

Ok, that's arguably rarer and more valuable than Earthbound, but at least I can play Earthbound.

Unless it's a sealed Earthbound! :lol:

Good find, though. The GBA Pokemon games are tough to come by for me, even just bare cart. I only have two. Whenever I do find them, people always seem to want silly money for them, even at yard sales.

#160 Indigo_Streetlight  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:18 PM

Unless it's a sealed Earthbound! :lol:

Good find, though. The GBA Pokemon games are tough to come by for me, even just bare cart. I only have two. Whenever I do find them, people always seem to want silly money for them, even at yard sales.

That's weird, last year I was getting Pokemon carts for $2-3 bucks all the time. I even got a Pokemon Emerald from a knowledgeable dealer for $5 o_O

#161 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12512 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

Doesn't look like the sales have picked up here yet. I went to an indoor sale and found an Evil Ernie #1 comic from the first series for $1.

They sell for about $50-$80 each on ebay in this condition.

#162 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:17 PM

Never see pokemon games around here, I guess they either get sold before I get there or people just trade them into GS because they give a high trade in value. GS isn't taking GBA games anymore so hopefully this year will be good for pickings for GBA games. I don't think we have a super high number of people playing pokemon here either.

#163 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 07 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the comments, folks!

I've said this before, but it bears repeating, because I find it so odd: every time I find something that I've been aggressively searching for, for ages, I almost always find a second copy within a couple month's time (often sooner). Any of you experience the same thing?

I once had a nearly perfect copy of Chrono Trigger, complete in box (with everything), along with FFIII and Secret of Mana. I sold them off a few years ago, and had been hoping that I'd stumble across them again, so to find CT again was just awesome. It's gonna be a while before I have time to play it (I'm just now barely getting close to finishing Mass Effect 2), but it'll be a real treat when I do.

And yeah, the N64 is one of my favorite finds in a while. The best part is that the controllers don't hardly appear to have been used much, other than some light wear from storage (I'm guessing); the joysticks are 100% centered and super-snappy, which is usually the first thing to go, and also the main reason I often end up turning down controllers in my travels. Of all systems, my N64 collection has the fewest controllers.

Its possible to do a joystick replacement, so I would definitely take some standard colored controllers, remove the joysticks and put them in the gold ones (if you had bad joysticks that is). But it looks like you are OK with the ones you got. You used to be able to order the joystick assembly from the Nintendo store but I am sure they stopped stocking that item a long time ago.

The only one I remember clearly is Super Mario 64, didn't see a copy here for years however the past 1-2 years I have found at least 3-4 copies.

#164 Indigo_Streetlight  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 08 April 2011 - 01:19 AM

Doesn't look like the sales have picked up here yet. I went to an indoor sale and found an Evil Ernie #1 comic from the first series for $1.

They sell for about $50-$80 each on ebay in this condition.

I might have one of those; I didn't think it was worth so much though. You notice some of the higher bids on ebay are for autographed copies?

#165 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12512 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:01 AM

I might have one of those; I didn't think it was worth so much though. You notice some of the higher bids on ebay are for autographed copies?

Yeah, but that doesn't matter on this book since it is the first Lady Death. The price guide does not even call out the autographed version (I think it was 775 copies or something). The book is scarce so its value is based more on the print run, than the auto. Pulido is like james o'barr, they sign everything, so their sig does not add much value to the book. The crow #1 will always be worth money signed or unsigned.

I just noticed they are coming out with a new commodore 64. The 128 I picked up a couple of years ago for $2 sold for $227.50 on ebay. I also have the monitor with the box for mine.M ine is not in as nice of shape, but it might be time to sell. I haven't even looked at it since I bought it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=280651775654

#166 Obiwan456   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   552 Posts   Joined 7.7 Years Ago  

Obiwan456

Posted 08 April 2011 - 04:43 AM

Cool to see this, didn't even know about it. This is exactly how I got my 360 last year, so so far this year I've got
3 PSP games (Grand Theft Auto and others) + PS2 small with 25 games for $35. Traded it into GS for $92 and paid off Portal. Then yesterday got a box full of SNES, N64, PS2 for 15 dollars, gonna trade them at a local store tomorrow.

#167 Invicta 61   Gabagool, Provalone and vinegar peppers CAGiversary!   2094 Posts   Joined 8.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

Cool to see this, didn't even know about it. This is exactly how I got my 360 last year, so so far this year I've got
3 PSP games (Grand Theft Auto and others) + PS2 small with 25 games for $35. Traded it into GS for $92 and paid off Portal. Then yesterday got a box full of SNES, N64, PS2 for 15 dollars, gonna trade them at a local store tomorrow.

Mind giving us a bragging list? ;)

#168 Indigo_Streetlight  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:34 PM

Today a lady at a yardsale brings out a cardboard box the size of a small compact car (which makes me all hopeful) and the only thing inside is two n64 controllers and a Madcatz steering wheel. XD You know the hunting's bad when you start looking for controllers at yardsales.

On the bright side I picked up my second Blast Lacrosse @ Goodwill for $2.12

#169 maccabee72   Hook 'em CAGiversary!   3139 Posts   Joined 14.7 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:03 PM

I went to a community wide garage sale today. I didn't pick up any games, but made out great with some blu rays. I picked up Robin Hood and Iron Man 2 at one garage sale for $2 each and Invinceable at another one for $2. All looked like brand new.

The highlight though: I went to another garage sale and found a single Blu Ray mixed in with some other DVDs. It turned out to be Planet Earth 4 disc Collector's Edition....new and sealed! I asked the teenage kid how much they wanted. He said, "I'll take a buck".....cha ching!!!

#170 Skuttie   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   253 Posts   Joined 9.0 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:39 PM

Posted Image

$5, no manual but I don't see 360 games that much and $5 is pretty much a rental price.

#171 sgaldis   1d64F CAGiversary!   2436 Posts   Joined 11.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 03:51 PM

Had my first real morning of yard-sailing this season. First stop, I come across a brand new, sealed copy of Dance Central for the 360 for $3!!! Promptly opened the plastic, stuck it in a mailer, and sent it to Amazon for $33.50 credit. Not too shabby, but didn't find too much else, save for a Rocketfish Bluetooth Wireless mouse (also brand new and sealed) for $1.

#172 JediKiller24   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   325 Posts   Joined 8.0 Years Ago  

JediKiller24

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Had a great morning yard saling: Found a Q*bert board game from parker brothers complete for 50 cents, Slipknot Disasterpiece DVD (Sealed) for $1, a vintage millenium falcon (missing the radar dish, one support strut for the ramp, the training ball/arm, and the floor panel for the hidden compartment) for 25 cents (and the buzzer still works!) and the find of the day, a baby lock blind hemmer sewing machine which sells on ebay for $300, for $8.

#173 schultzed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4932 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:19 PM

and found a single Blu Ray mixed in with some other DVDs. It turned out to be Planet Earth 4 disc Collector's Edition....new and sealed! I asked the teenage kid how much they wanted. He said, "I'll take a buck".....cha ching!!!

Damn, that's sweet! I love finding a gem and getting it for cheap.

#174 schultzed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4932 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 08:20 PM

stuck it in a mailer, and sent it to Amazon for $33.50 credit.

Damn, that's sweet! I love the quick flip.

#175 elessar123  

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

#176 slowdive21   CAG Elder CAGiversary!   12512 Posts   Joined 11.9 Years Ago  

slowdive21

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:07 PM

[quote name='elessar123']
Spoiler

NICE!

#177 SaraAB   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   5447 Posts   Joined 14.9 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Too cold for sales here still, but maybe in a few weeks. I did have 2 bag sales today but they were pretty sparse however thankfully not a lot of people showed up to clean it out and I have a rummage sale tomorrow.

#178 elessar123  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 02:15 AM

NICE!

Yea, had no idea Darkstalkers 3 was worth as much as it was. Not going to sell it, so it doesn't matter, I guess. I thought it was $20, not $40.

#179 Indigo_Streetlight  

Indigo_Streetlight

Posted 10 April 2011 - 03:07 AM

Yea, had no idea Darkstalkers 3 was worth as much as it was. Not going to sell it, so it doesn't matter, I guess. I thought it was $20, not $40.

I thought it was $20 too, but grade could make a difference. Regardless it's a hell of a find for $1 8-)

#180 schultzed   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   4932 Posts   Joined 14.4 Years Ago  

Posted 10 April 2011 - 06:02 PM

2 sales on Friday and then a flea-market-type thing and a church sale on Saturday.

The Friday sales were so-so . . . no games but I did ask at one and the woman said her kids would have some the next day . . . but I couldn't get back to it. I did find one gem of a book . . . I might post about it at a later date.

The church sale was a total bust. The flea-type thing was sponsored by the local newspaper as craft and rummage. There were only a few true rummage set ups and I didn't buy much.

So, instead of getting a nice tight copy of Einhander (like elessar), I get this ugly copy of Wing Commander PS1:

Posted Image

All four discs (in rough shape) and no manual . . . $1.

This other guy had a bunch of videotapes for $1 each . . . so, I figured he wanted $1 each for these Genny games but he said .25 each. And it was clear he wanted to be rid of them . . . I offered $2 for all . . . I think he would've taken $1.

Posted Image

I knew that Toe Jam and Earl was worthwhile and I figured the Sonics might be good as a system pack-in. I would've grabbed Ristar even at $1 . . . nice to find that is worth something :-) I had a tiny bit of hope for "Whac-a-Critter" . . . because I've never seen it before . . . but wasn't surprised to find its a dud.

I also picked up 3 Disney/Pixar DVDs . . . Lion King, Little Mermaid, and Nemo. They were $5 each, but I got all three for $10. Found out that the folks had paid $50 for their space, I doubt they made more than twice that.

Edited by schultzed, 11 April 2011 - 03:56 AM.