Two Worlds 2 Royal Edition (top edition) // GameStop exclusive items

GlassAgate

CAGiversary!
If the Royal Edition wasn't limited in the US, I wouldn't
have posted this. Of course, with limited releases,
once they're gone, the price will go up, so I'm helping
you save money by buying it now. That's how I justify
this post.

Amazon.com (US)(Amazon.com third party seller = developer?)

PC / MAC :pc:

http://www.amazon.com/Two-Worlds-Ro..._4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-4

360 :360:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c?ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-2&condition=new

PS3 :ps3:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...c?ie=UTF8&qid=1295069896&sr=1-5&condition=new

Notice of limited quantities in the US
(concerning the Royal Edition on all platforms)
http://www.topware.com/store/pc/two_worlds_II_royal.php

GameStop (US)(GameStop pre-order exclusives)
// The regular edition includes a weapon and a level,
// and from the looks of it, they're different from what
// the Royal Edition includes. The RE's pages doesn't
// mention them, but since they are downloadable,
// they can still e-mail you the code, but they don't
// mention it on their page.
:wall:

// In case it wasn't clear, Topware/Zuxxez have their own
// exclusive DLC, different from what GameStop is offering.

Royal Edition (360)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89695

Royal Edition (PS3)
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=89696

Concerning peoples who want the RE goodies, but
want to play the game on the PC

So, if you want the RE, and have a PC, your best bet is
to get it at Amazon. Otherwise, get a console version
at GameStop, sell the game, and keep the goodies.

Amazon.de (Germany release)(more details below)

http://www.amazon.de/TopWare-Entert...R5SO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1295070209&sr=8-1

Concerning US peoples using Amazon.de

People from the US can order from Amazon.de.
Just log in using your US account, navigate
as you would on the US website, and you're
good. There is one additional page, I think.
Use Google Translate, if you get lost.

Concerning US people getting the 360 Germany release

Unless you have a modded 360, I don't think that
the German version will work in a US 360. It does
have the English version on the disc, I think,
so for playing the game on a modded 360,
good, but as far as the extras (physical goodies)
are concerned, I don't know if they come in
English or German.

Concerning US peoples getting the PC Germany release

I don't know if the PC version is region locked. I wasn't
aware of a region locking being popular with PC games,
but a few do have them. Just like the 360 release,
it has the English language option, along with a handful
of other languages (on the same page as the notice of limited
quantities). Of course, the extras may not be in English.

Kudos to TopWare for making the game friendly for
people with older PC's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Id get it if I thought the game itself was going to be any good. Edit: The video on Amazon does make it look pretty cool. fuck, now I have to have an hour long debate with myself and look up info on this to see if it's actually not going to suck.

Disappointed with the first, but the second looks promising... I just don't know if the CE is worth it. I'll consider it, thanks!

[quote name='ShockandAww']Id get it if I thought the game itself was going to be any good. Edit: The video on Amazon does make it look pretty cool. fuck, now I have to have an hour long debate with myself and look up info on this to see if it's actually not going to suck.[/QUOTE]
The second is supposed to be MUCH better than the first (Although that's really not saying much). The PC version is out in Europe I believe and despite some annoying technical issues, people seem to enjoy it.

There're a few good mini-reviews in this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944162-two-worlds-ii/57631023

[quote name='TraBuch']The second is supposed to be MUCH better than the first (Although that's really not saying much). The PC version is out in Europe I believe and despite some annoying technical issues, people seem to enjoy it.

There're a few good mini-reviews in this topic:

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/944162-two-worlds-ii/57631023[/QUOTE]
Thanks but I just checked Metacritic and saved myself the debate. I'll pass on it for now since there's too many other games I'd be more interested in coming up.

I threw down a pre-order on this the other day, in Germany the game is getting decent scores (8's) so I figure why not.

Interesting to note that it only takes $5 down to pre-order this at GS, which is very odd for collectors editions as they usually require $10.

im thinking of ordering 2 for the ps3 from gamestop i have a good feeling it will surely be limited cause so many were disappointed with the first one and will think this will suck. its actually looking really promising.

not to mention when atlus said demons souls was going to be limited it really was and when it got rave reviews people paid outrageous for it. worst case i got 30 days to do a return anyways.

Ehhh, I got the collectors edition of the first one and the extra content was kinda meh. I think I'll just stick with my preorder of the normal edition for this one.

im really debating if i want to get one of these for the 360 as well or just say meh and get 2 for the ps3 one sealed and one play. hmmmm...

I still have the first one factory sealed, and definitely bought this one. for those that were turned off from the first Two Worlds on the Xbox360..the developer stated that they were forced to release it on the Xbox360, without really, betatesting it for the 360..it was only meant to be PC only, but the higher ups, pushed them to release it for 360 too, thus they got alot of gaming low scores and everybody criticized them for releasing a shoddy product. I saw the previews for this new game and honestly think they polished it alot to not make the same mistake again. It got decent reviews from many gaming sites, and not as bad as the first one.

Has anybody else found exclusive pre-order DLC? If this
game were more well known, I suppose that more retailers
and e-tailers would have something.

I've got a $25 GS gift card laying around, so I think I'll bite on this. The extras in this look pretty slick. Hopefully the game is decent at least. heh

Update: After looking around I found this little article on the Royal Edition. Granted it's from Game Informer and given the Royal Edition's Game Stop exclusivity, I'm sure they aren't completely unbiased... but the article has great pictures of everything in the RE. I was worried the statue would be a tiny Assassin's Creed 1 style figure, but nope. This thing is packed.

The box looks really cool and somewhat ornate. I just wish it had a steelbook and I might have bit. As it is now, I cant find any real good reviews from US publications so I will pass unless it is really cheap down the line.

Never played the first game, although I've heard endlessly about how atrocious it played... or didn't play in most cases. Regardless, I figured I'd bite on the PC version of this, and I'll keep my eyes on the reviews as they come out. If the majority of them are not satisfactory, I figure I can always return it.

I had the chance to stop by topware interactive last week and check out the royal edition. It is really nice. Also just to let everyone know when you order the Royal Edition for the PC you will get a code to download a free copy for the mac. I was able to do an interview and talk about the royal edition (starts at 10:58)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-sVou_7WzI

[quote name='wrencrest']The box looks really cool and somewhat ornate. I just wish it had a steelbook and I might have bit. As it is now, I cant find any real good reviews from US publications so I will pass unless it is really cheap down the line.[/QUOTE]
I agree, if this would have included a steelbook, I would have definitely picked up a copy.

I thought about the royal edition, but than I saw the GameStop extras for the regular edition. Just annoys me when the CE/LE editions don't get the same preorder bonuses.

Seems like a lot to spend on a game with less then 90 metacritic. My wife actually somewhat enjoyed the first one but neither of us see the second ones standard copy retaining a MSRP over $40 in the coming months.

[quote name='lotsofgames']I had the chance to stop by topware interactive last week and check out the royal edition. It is really nice. Also just to let everyone know when you order the Royal Edition for the PC you will get a code to download a free copy for the mac. I was able to do an interview and talk about the royal edition (starts at 10:58)

[/QUOTE]
So the release date is Feb 4th now?

[quote name='MaelstromB']Never played the first game, although I've heard endlessly about how atrocious it played... or didn't play in most cases. Regardless, I figured I'd bite on the PC version of this, and I'll keep my eyes on the reviews as they come out. If the majority of them are not satisfactory, I figure I can always return it.[/QUOTE]

Note: Other than Castle Crashers and Deus Ex, I've
not played an RPG before Two Worlds.

Having said that, at first, I had a hard time getting into the game.
There are a handful of bugs, but you'll get passed them soon enough.
I think the biggest problem was that when I first played the game, I
had never played such an complex level RPG, and the graphics aren't
what I was expecting from a 360 game. I first tried the game back
in 2007, after playing Gears of War and Crackdown.

Anywho, once you get into the game, at least for me, the aged
graphics don't matter anymore.

[quote name='technole']I thought about the royal edition, but than I saw the GameStop extras for the regular edition. Just annoys me when the CE/LE editions don't get the same preorder bonuses.[/QUOTE]

Since the GameStop exclusives are e-mail to you, and not in the
box, I'm figure that they can always e-mail the codes out.
With Deus Ex 3, the codes are in the box. That might be a bit
trickier, if they were in this situation. Of course, in the latter
situation, they could always e-mail the codes out.

FYE. I stoped by Game Stop today and was told that preorder copies of the royal edition will incluide the preorder goodies as well. I want to believe it, but I am still not convinced because in a past I had numerous situations when the employees not realy know the truth and I have been burned out. Is anybody else can confirm that the Royal edition will carry the preorder bonuses? Even the Topware web site do not have listed preorder bonuses for theit Royal edition, only the regular editon.

[quote name='Brother Daz']Damn, that sucks. I was really wanting to play it next week.[/QUOTE]

A lot of people still don't know that the game got pushed to 2/4. I noticed that some of the major game sites still have the game listed for 1/25.

I don't know what to think of this game... its wicked corny, but I can get over that as long as its fun to play. It looks like it gives alot of customization options, but the combat still looks really bland... it reminds me of an MMO where your character is twirling around and doing all sorts of spectacular attacks but the enemy just sorta stands there without being knocked back or having any sort of reaction animation really save for an "ouch" sound. The reviews are fairly positive on Meta Critic, but I don't know the european gaming sites so I can't really verify how dependable they are... I don't want this to be another situation where a bunch of Koreans told me The Host was the next Godfather.

Here we go

(Royal/Regular)UK is Feb 4th

(Regular) US is 1/25 (Royal) Feb 4th

Thats pretty much it, several people confirmed having shipping confirmation

What is going on with this collectors edition? How come Amazon isn't offering it? and How come it was impossible to find until just recently?

I believe it's being sold exclusively by the publisher. They've stressed that it will "extremely limited to the US." Hence the hard time finding it anywhere else.

[quote name='Knoell']What is going on with this collectors edition? How come Amazon isn't offering it? and How come it was impossible to find until just recently?[/QUOTE]

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...games&field-keywords=two+worlds+royal&x=0&y=0

It's at the website, just not directly from Amazon.com. I'm guessing
that the selling is someone from Topware, but I don't know for
sure.

http://www.topware.com/store/pc/two_worlds_II_royal.php

This second link contains the notice that there will be
a limited number of copies shipped to the US. I'm guessing
that has something to do with why Amazon doesn't directly
sell it. My speculation is that Topware announced it too
late for Amazon to make a decision, but I very well could
be wrong. I'm basing this on when I first heard about
the release, as well as when I first saw it on Amazon.com.

[quote name='MaelstromB']I believe it's being sold exclusively by the publisher. They've stressed that it will "extremely limited to the US." Hence the hard time finding it anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps running on no sleep is messing with me, but isn't
it redundant to say that only the publisher is selling
it? Perhaps you meant to say that the RE is sold,
in limited quantities, directly from the publisher? No,
that sounds like the exact same thing. I need sleep.
Mayhap I shouldn't stay up all night playing....Two Worlds?

[quote name='GlassAgate']Perhaps running on no sleep is messing with me, but isn't
it redundant to say that only the publisher is selling
it? Perhaps you meant to say that the RE is sold,
in limited quantities, directly from the publisher? No,
that sounds like the exact same thing. I need sleep.
Mayhap I shouldn't stay up all night playing....Two Worlds?[/QUOTE]

I dunno, haha. Directly, exclusively -- it's all the same. Anyways, since you've been playing the game, let me ask you two separate questions. Have you ever played and beaten Gothic 1 or 2? And if so, how would you compare Two Worlds II to the Gothic games taking into consideration game mechanics, plot, size of the game world, AI, customization, etc.

I'm just curious to get that specific perspective b/c they look very similar, and I know a lot of ppl had initially complained about how glitchy Gothic 1 & 2 were, but have since come to love and appreciate those games, just like I have. Thoughts?

[quote name='MaelstromB']I dunno, haha. Directly, exclusively -- it's all the same. Anyways, since you've been playing the game, let me ask you two separate questions. Have you ever played and beaten Gothic 1 or 2? And if so, how would you compare Two Worlds II to the Gothic games taking into consideration game mechanics, plot, size of the game world, AI, customization, etc.

I'm just curious to get that specific perspective b/c they look very similar, and I know a lot of ppl had initially complained about how glitchy Gothic 1 & 2 were, but have since come to love and appreciate those games, just like I have. Thoughts?[/QUOTE]

Um, I haven't played either Gothic game, yet. If it's the same
sort of game, then I'll give it a try.

went to gs today and put a deposit on the royal edition. gives me time to decide if i really want it as i secure a copy.

I have high hopes for this game, I think the first one was vastly underrated. Admittedly the presentation was shit but the gameplay underneath it was perfectly serviceable. For reasons I'll never understand, people will forever equate bad graphics to bad gameplay and it gets a lot of undue flack. If they really have "fixed" what was wrong with the first one, good things will happen.

I agree 100%. The first game did not suck. Framerate and bugs be damned, I loved it.

[quote name='Survivalism']I have high hopes for this game, I think the first one was vastly underrated. Admittedly the presentation was shit but the gameplay underneath it was perfectly serviceable. For reasons I'll never understand, people will forever equate bad graphics to bad gameplay and it gets a lot of undue flack. If they really have "fixed" what was wrong with the first one, good things will happen.[/QUOTE]

I'm looking for the best pre-order price, but the best I've found so far is $60 at amazon with a $10 credit. I'm just looking for the standard version (hedging my bets just in case it sucks). Does anyone have any great leads?

I know this is mostly folks looking for the Royal Edition, but I'm hoping others are going with the standard too....

TIA! :D

The first one was kinda crappy, I bought it on the 360 for the multiplayer and it was not far from just plain broken!

BUT it was so quirky and glitchy that I kind of enjoyed playing it in single player just to see how bad the AI was, and what sort of glitches I could uncover.

And the character models and voice acting were horrendous, especially with Oblivion so fresh in my mind at the time.

I think the entire RPG gaming world's expectations are so low for 2, that at worst this game will be called "better than the first one!"

I loved the first game, and I know I'll love this game, but man, this is edition is complete overkill. I'm not sure I want all that junk. I just pre-ordered the regular edition at Gamestop for the free map and sword. Doesn't TopWare realize we're in hard economic times?

So I decided to go down and preorder the Royal edition. I figure I'll sell the stuff I dont want on ebay (DLC codes, since they'll fetch a nice price I imagine). This will also give me sometime to wait for some of the first reviews to drop

*Thread jacks*

Anyone lurking and interested in the normal edition it will be $40 on release week at Kmart. Check the sticked thread for Kmart above.

bread's done
Back