heavy rain $29.96 at walmart. ymmv?

jimivegas

CAGiversary!
photo.jpg

check your walmarts because I just saw this for $29.96. this looks like it may be ymmv. (i didnt know about this deal so if it has already been mentioned, mods please lock). is there a univeral price drop coming? this looks like a good price and i've been wanting to pick this up but dont know if this is a great price. however, this is the cheapest i've seen it new so i may grab it.

Last edited by a moderator:
wait and some numnut `ll tell you .Post deal in walmart section.Thanks for taking pic.Enjoy the deal and stop nagging .i`ll call my local walmart but usually their service sucks.

Wal-Marts around here (Puerto Rico) has bee selling it for $25 over the last 2 weeks. I got mine there a few days ago. :bouncy:

Though apparently the release of the "Move Compatible Edition" includes the extra chapter and some themes and extras, though haven't confirmed those details. So that might explain the price reduction of the "regular" edition. But still darn nice price, since the extra chapter costs under $10 so even buying it is still better and cheaper than $60.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']This probably means that Heavy Rain is the newest PS3 Greatest Hits title...[/QUOTE]

If that's the case i'll wait for the GOTY Edition with the DLC included. :bouncy:

[quote name='Rodster']If that's the case i'll wait for the GOTY Edition with the DLC included. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

Good idea, the US greatest hits version should be like the European Move edition, with the Move update and the DLC included...

Great game, yeh it had a short chapter but it was overpriced for what it was in my opinion(and Heavy Rain was one of my favorite games last year, right under Mass Effect 2)

[quote name='gameupboy84']Heavy rain had DLC?[/QUOTE]

There was just the one DLC released. The developer was going to make more DLC chapters but Sony insisted that they work on adding Move support instead.

[quote name='kinney_bmx']I was thinking about buying it but I think I'll rent it, as the only movie I want to play on my PS3 is MGS4[/QUOTE]
Waka waka!

[quote name='feroca']Wal-Marts around here (Puerto Rico) has bee selling it for $25 over the last 2 weeks. I got mine there a few days ago. :bouncy:

Though apparently the release of the "Move Compatible Edition" includes the extra chapter and some themes and extras, though haven't confirmed those details. So that might explain the price reduction of the "regular" edition. But still darn nice price, since the extra chapter costs under $10 so even buying it is still better and cheaper than $60.[/QUOTE]

The Move Edition was not released in the US. Copies of the game that have the Move logo on them are just regular copies of the game without the DLC, themes, etc.

If you want the Move Edition, I recommend importing. I found it for just $40 (new). It's a better deal when you consider it has all the content and it's all on-disc, so you'll always have it.

Thanks OP!

I found this at Indianapolis walmart for $29.96 also. This price is a recent update, as the price was posted on 2/3, just two days ago, according to the price sku tag. Seeing as this game is still $50+ on amazon, I jumped on this right away. This is probably a sign that this is the new MSRP, or it could be a clearance price. Though walmart.com still shows it as $59.
does anyone know what the DLC is, and if you have to get it to enable move support? Or is it just a patch that updates the game install itself?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='qwikshake']I found this at Indianapolis walmart for $29.96 also. This price is a recent update, as the price was posted on 2/3, just two days ago, according to the price sku tag. Seeing as this game is still $50+ on amazon, I jumped on this right away. This is probably a sign that this is the new MSRP, or it could be a clearance price. Though walmart.com still shows it as $59.
does anyone know what the DLC is, and if you have to get it to enable move support? Or is it just a patch that updates the game install itself?[/QUOTE]

I haven't played the DLC yet, but it's called "The Taxidermist", it stars Madison Paige, and I'm pretty sure it's unrelated to the main story. It does not have any trophies.

The Move patch is free, but I heard it's quite large - like 2GB.

[quote name='Rodster']If that's the case i'll wait for the GOTY Edition with the DLC included. :bouncy:[/QUOTE]

clear box w/o dlc > red box w/dlc

I'm just speculating that the eventual GH version will have all the DLC, just like the treatment LBP got in its GH version. I think it is a good bet that will happen...

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I'm just speculating that the eventual GH version will have all the DLC, just like the treatment LBP got in its GH version. I think it is a good bet that will happen...[/QUOTE]

But there is only 1 DLC and I heard it was really short, so doesn't really seem worth waiting on.

[quote name='Logical Dolphin']I'm just speculating that the eventual GH version will have all the DLC, just like the treatment LBP got in its GH version. I think it is a good bet that will happen...[/QUOTE]
LBP actually launched as a GOTY ... which then went to GH. The only GH that comes to mind that was above and beyond its standard counterpart was Midnight Club: Los Angeles. Most other ones were GOTY, which then became GH.

Considering other regions already received a new Move edition with the DLC, I have a hard time believing that we will get a version with the extra content in the US.

I picked this up from Sam's Club in November for $29. I don't usually pay more than $20 for a game, but I couldn't wait any longer for it to drop.

Currently at walmart in salmon creek, Vancouver, WA and the sticker says $59.99 but I showed an employee the picture and he said it's probably a unique store price...then he scanned it and came out $29.96. Go get this now if you want it! 2 copies left here.

Just saw this today at WM too, already beat it, otherwise woulda picked it up.

Also saw the Greatest Hits version but didn't check/notice if the the DLC was included, just that sexy red case.

LBP was the "game of the year edition" which is why it came with the extras, as most GOTY versions do. Had nothing to do with it being a GH release.

The DLC for heavy rain sucks anyway and the move patch is free. No reason to wait.

[quote name='JordanPlayer']You do realize you can buy clear original PS3 cases for pretty cheap? Don't know why you would want the inferior version of a game just because of case color.

http://www.videogameinstructionbook...layStation-3-cln-Replacement-Cases/Categories[/QUOTE]

GH versions are much less valuable than black label for whatever reason. it's the whole original vs reprint thing.

The discs say GH too, so the case swapping doesn't make a difference.

[quote name='fujimitsu']GH versions are much less valuable than black label for whatever reason. it's the whole original vs reprint thing.[/QUOTE]Not entirely true; if a greatest hits game had additional content added it usually became more expensive than the original version. Take Silent Hill 2 on PS2 as an example: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=silent+hill+2&x=0&y=0
It's just the fact that most greatest hits didn't have anything new added; Devil May Cry 3 was also a big title that had added content in a Greatest Hits.
[quote name='fujimitsu']The discs say GH too, so the case swapping doesn't make a difference.[/QUOTE]He was talking about the red case, that would solve his problem.

It was at mine for $29.99. I want the game bad and that is pretty cheap for it, but I think Josh said he will try to do something with it at Kmart, so I'll wait and see if there are any deals on it there in a while. If not, I'll get it at Walmart down the line. I've waited this long to play it, I can wait a bit more.

[quote name='takotchi']I haven't played the DLC yet, but it's called "The Taxidermist", it stars Madison Paige, and I'm pretty sure it's unrelated to the main story. It does not have any trophies.

The Move patch is free, but I heard it's quite large - like 2GB.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, takotchi.
Yep, no idea if there is a Greatest Hits version coming with a whopping ONE EPISODE DLC included (with Move support, of course), but I already bought it, so it's too late for what-if's.
In my search for the Move patch, I stumbled across an article regarding it:
http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2010/07/02/heavy-rain-move-controls-impacted-ending-and-dlc/

Oh well, I guess I will enjoy playing it with Move controls now, woo! Waggle support is way better than an ending the developers would have wanted, right? Obviously, Sony is just trying to force this PS Move thing, so it seems this move was motivated by money (pun intended). Who cares about a good story when you can make more money advertising it as a Move game. But I guess it makes sense that Sony made the best decision that was in their best interest, financially. I dunno, what do you think? I haven't been around long enough, but I'm sure this topic has been exhaustively debated. (Sorry guys, I don't want to start a flame war, I just want to hear your thoughts, as I am completely new to this game, and am finding out a lot of information just today.)

whoknows: your signature made me lol :D
Yeah guys, just ask the cashier to scan it, don't trust what the tag says. Chances are your friendly neighborhood Walmart employee is too lazy to put the new sticker on, and will get to it on his own time.

Yup, just picked up one here in Houston TX. I've been waiting for a price drop on this. w00t! Thanks OP!

Heavy Rain is a GREAT game and I personally think it is worth the $60, but a $30 price tag is an awesome deal. One of the best games this generation. Hands down.

ok, i've made up my mind. i'm getting the damn thing. the replay value is worth the price of admission from what i hear. thanks guys.

I do want this game, but I have a feeling it will be $20 somewhere in the months to come, and I will wait for that price. Good deal for those who don't want to wait for a cheaper price though. :)

I got this when it first game out, for $60 and loved every second. Awesome game, amazing story, but i sold it for some other games. Would definitely buy it again for 30 or under for my PS3 collection!

[quote name='jagdeep820']thx op, bought it today first game I ever finished in one sitting[/QUOTE]

wow, this is good deal, i bought mine used for $35 last week.

bread's done
Back