* * * * - 4 votes

Official Collector's Edition Compilation thread (Latest: Grand Theft Auto V CE/SE)

#5131 SpidrMnky   CAG Veteran CAGiversary!   1488 Posts   Joined 2.9 Years Ago  

Posted 06 October 2013 - 06:30 PM

yup. i would def get an order in as the amazonuk special edition (identical to the us gamestop edition) is oos. if that's any guide, these editions probably won't last.

Yea, I went up and placed a pre-order. It looks like the best edition any way and since it's the same price as the regular edition seems like a win/win to me.

:hot: Earn free Gift Cards! PM if you have questions. :hot: 

#5132 robin2099   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   242 Posts   Joined 9.5 Years Ago  

robin2099

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:50 AM

WTF how is the Arkham Origins edition sold out everywhere? I can't see anticipation for the game being that high at all, so I'm wondering if this is being driven by the speculator market.

#5133 Rip44  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

WTF how is the Arkham Origins edition sold out everywhere? I can't see anticipation for the game being that high at all, so I'm wondering if this is being driven by the speculator market.

Really guy? This, aside from gta, is one of the most anticipated games. And being sold out is a testament to it. All of the Batman collectors editions got sold out early. Thankfully I reserved it weeks ago.

#5134 Blumpkin   Has a bad case of diarrhea CAGiversary!   2761 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:56 AM

I would not preorder Batman Arkham Origins. The game is being developed by a different studio. They might be pulling the bait and switch now that it's a hot property. I'll wait for reviews anyways.

My backlog is bigger than your collection. 

#5135 DealSeeker4U   Get the Deal! CAGiversary!   602 Posts   Joined 2.1 Years Ago  

DealSeeker4U

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:01 AM

I would not preorder Batman Arkham Origins. The game is being developed by a different studio. They might be pulling the bait and switch now that it's a hot property. I'll wait for reviews anyways.

I wasn't planning on getting it until black friday, but the CE was one of the coolest I have seen in a long time, and statue is being made by Project Tri Force which made The Last of Us statue which I was very pleased with. This CE will be worth every penny, and honestly within a month of release, your going to be able to sell the statue if you wanted for as much as the entire CE cost

#5136 giantqtipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2143 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

giantqtipz

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:14 AM

Lol like i said earlier, people are forgetting about arkham origins multiplayer. After playing the beta, i dont even care about singleplayer. Mp will be a blast

#5137 Rip44  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:20 AM

Lol like i said earlier, people are forgetting about arkham origins multiplayer. After playing the beta, i dont even care about singleplayer. Mp will be a blast

this. I watched the gameplay and I was thoroughly impressed. But I'm still in for the SP.

#5138 Pliskin   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   3109 Posts   Joined 5.0 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:23 AM

I wasn't planning on getting it until black friday, but the CE was one of the coolest I have seen in a long time.

Same here, and I actually think the US edition is better then the EU edition for once. Can't wait for this!!! I also pre-ordered the South Park Grand Wizard Edition, not sure if I'll keep that one but I think it looks pretty cool.

#5139 TPerryoo7   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   1497 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 03:30 AM

Rocksteady is not the end all be all developer, Jesus. WB will do a fine job. I hate when people say this kind of thing. The only thing wrong with it that I could see happening is being glitchy and inpolished(pop in etc), but it will certainly still be great. Plus it's batman, if your any kind of fan of batman the game should already be pre ordered no matter what.
Posted Image

#5140 Blumpkin   Has a bad case of diarrhea CAGiversary!   2761 Posts   Joined 6.2 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:43 PM

Rocksteady is not the end all be all developer, Jesus. WB will do a fine job. I hate when people say this kind of thing. The only thing wrong with it that I could see happening is being glitchy and inpolished(pop in etc), but it will certainly still be great. Plus it's batman, if your any kind of fan of batman the game should already be pre ordered no matter what.

That's just dumb fanboy thinking. I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, that doesn't mean that I want to play the dog shit of a game they made for that character. And being glitchy and unpolished isn't just some simple oversight. If you're fine with glitchy games then buy any Bethesda game and never download the patches for it, we'll see how well you enjoy playing them when they freeze and get endless looping quests.

You're basically saying even if the game sucks balls that you still want it just because Batman is in it.

And don't say that I'm not a fan for not blindly preordering the game. I stood in line for four goddamn hours to have Kevin Conroy autograph my copies of the first two games at ECCC.

My backlog is bigger than your collection. 

#5141 Abeja   CAG with No Title CAGiversary!   2801 Posts   Joined 5.9 Years Ago  

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

Yes but what Im more worried about is that WB is given a soft ball pitch for a home run game. They SHOULD knock it out of the park because Rocksteady made them this amazing universe/game already. Im still getting it and the Vita version though cause I love the games

Not to mention no Conroy or Hammil voices.

#5142 giantqtipz   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2143 Posts   Joined 5.2 Years Ago  

giantqtipz

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:58 PM

this. I watched the gameplay and I was thoroughly impressed. But I'm still in for the SP.

Really hope a multiplayer demo gets released for all the doubters to see.

#5143 Slixshot   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   228 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 02:41 PM

Anybody seen the collectors edition for Arkham still for sale? I can't believe I might have missed out :(

If I did miss out on a preorder, what are the chances that I could get the collectors edition on launch day in-store?

Posted Image

#5144 pacino408   LS CAGiversary!   569 Posts   Joined 5.3 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Anybody seen the collectors edition for Arkham still for sale? I can't believe I might have missed out :(

If I did miss out on a preorder, what are the chances that I could get the collectors edition on launch day in-store?

If you happen to live by a Fry's Electronics you could try there on the release date. If I miss out on pre-order's I usually drive there on my lunch break and they usually have anywhere from 5-10 CE's mixed in with the large display. I have done this about 4 times in the last year and a half.

fs_overall.png

#5145 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

Heads up guys, Sorcery Saga now has its LE up for pre-order (http://amzn.to/1c0L7Tu), but a litte warning for now, the amazon page for it is messed up now and showing incorrect prices and listings, Example:

[Standard Edition] ($50) / [Limited Edition] ($40) <-Warning! (This issue is currently being resolved and will be fixed on amazon soon to reverse the pricing and the listings [$40 RE / $50 LE].)

Here's what the LE looks like, and yes, this is the weirdest LE I've ever seen.

mock_flat_L_FINAL.jpg

#5146 Zolor23   Hey there. CAGiversary!   2964 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

Heads up guys, Sorcery Saga now has its LE up for pre-order (http://amzn.to/1c0L7Tu), but a litte warning for now, the amazon page for it is messed up now and showing incorrect prices and listings, Example:

[Standard Edition] ($50) / [Limited Edition] ($40) <-Warning! (This issue is currently being resolved and will be fixed on amazon soon to reverse the pricing and the listings [$40 RE / $50 LE].)

Here's what the LE looks like, and yes, this is the weirdest LE I've ever seen.

Why is that a warning? Order it and see what happens.

#5147 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8562 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:28 PM

I swear that has to be the strangest LE I have ever seen. But I'd be damned to say I don't want to buy it.....

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5148 YBX87   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   12358 Posts   Joined 3.5 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:02 AM

&nbsp;

I swear that has to be the strangest LE I have ever seen. But I'd be damned to say I don't want to buy it.....

you can give the bib to your baby.

#5149 SgtWiggles   Artist formally known as dgwillia CAGiversary!   8562 Posts   Joined 6.1 Years Ago  

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:04 AM

&nbsp; you can give the bib to your baby.

Yeah, no. I will not be creating hell spawn for many a years to come. Already dealing with more than enough of my little cousins lately

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5150 NeoStrayCat   Cat Person! :3 CAGiversary!   594 Posts   Joined 2.2 Years Ago  

NeoStrayCat

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:24 AM

Why is that a warning? Order it and see what happens.

That's not what I mean, they flipped their listings by mistake, that's why, well, as of this post now, its fixed, but you can't order the LE until they add the Pre-Order button again. So yeah...>_>

#5151 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2080 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

That would suck for the guy that just paid me $250 for my pre-order of the collector's edition. 

bdfbdb_zps72bf3016.jpg

#5152 GBAstar   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   9197 Posts   Joined 4.6 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:50 AM

That would suck for the guy that just paid me $250 for my pre-order of the collector's edition. 

Liar liar pants of fire...

http://www.ebay.com/... Edition&_sop=3

Isn't a single listing that sold for over $220.

Do you have to troll every single thread? WTF is wrong with you?

And you know what sucks for you? When your buyer finds a website that shows inventory a few days before release and then requests to cancel the order.

#5153 PetersHere   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   2080 Posts   Joined 4.3 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:56 AM

Liar liar pants of fire...

http://www.ebay.com/... Edition&_sop=3

Isn't a single listing that sold for over $220.

Do you have to troll every single thread? WTF is wrong with you?

And you know what sucks for you? When your buyer finds a website that shows inventory a few days before release and then requests to cancel the order.

Why do forum trolls like you always rant and rave about other people being trolls? i suppose you didn't realize, in all your wisdom, that eBay isn't the only place on the internet to sell stuff. I sold on Amazon while my only competition was a guy selling for over $300. I don't compete with the hoards of morons trying their damnedest to outdo each other. If the price isn't right, I go somewhere else. 

So, real troll, stop trying to start arguments. That's what real trolls do. 

bdfbdb_zps72bf3016.jpg

#5154 TooPoor   ∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price CAGiversary!   9343 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:13 AM

First time I have seen a bib in a CE, this is so weird I actually want it. 

Mathematically Correct.

Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List (Currently inactive, no time to play any games >_<)

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#5155 PJV9126   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:19 AM

Thoughts on the Grand Wizard edition? I was thinking about preordering but then I checked and it seems you will be able to buy the same figure for $9.99. Makes me not want to order it now. Any thoughts? I feel like it would be easier to just buy the figure and game. Or even just the game since the figure is not a limited figure at all.

http://www.kidrobot....ardCartman.html

Edit: And by limited I mean one that is only available with the limited edition. Not quantity limited.

#5156 coopscohen   All Skill, No Luck CAGiversary!   2752 Posts   Joined 3.4 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:25 AM

Thoughts on the Grand Wizard edition? I was thinking about preordering but then I checked and it seems you will be able to buy the same figure for $9.99. Makes me not want to order it now. Any thoughts? I feel like it would be easier to just buy the figure and game. Or even just the game since the figure is not a limited figure at all.

http://www.kidrobot....ardCartman.html

Edit: And by limited I mean one that is only available with the limited edition. Not quantity limited.

The figure on the website is 3". The figure in the Grand Wizard is 6".

#5157 PJV9126   CAGiversary! CAGiversary!   395 Posts   Joined 10.0 Years Ago  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:28 AM

The figure on the website is 3". The figure in the Grand Wizard is 6".

Totally missed that! Thanks for letting me know.

#5158 Rip44  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:45 AM

Totally missed that! Thanks for letting me know.

I believe amazon also sells the 6" figures for $12-15 as well.

#5159 salty tbone   Flipmode Squad CAGiversary!   2882 Posts   Joined 7.6 Years Ago  

salty tbone

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:31 AM

I believe amazon also sells the 6" figures for $12-15 as well.

Link? I only find the 3" figure.
[URL="http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/goozexprofile.asp?id=558134175419"][/URL]

#5160 Rip44  

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

Link? I only find the 3" figure.

Sorry to get your hopes up. My mistake. I read someones post (on another site) and must've assumed since they were $15+ they would be bigger than 3".